PDA

View Full Version : No 2.7million for eating dog food.

Bradman
11-29-2006, 05:49 PM
Just heard on John and Ken "a talk radio show here in So. Cal" that they only got 6 votes of the 10 needed to override the Mayor. So no money for eating dog chow. :) :) :)

Kilrtoy
11-29-2006, 05:59 PM
Looks like the jokester did not get the last laugh...
TUFF COOKIES FOR HIM...
IM AM GLAD HE LOST, hopefully they can him now

Sotally Tober
11-29-2006, 06:01 PM
What goes around comes around. They should just lock him up in the kennel anyway!

AirtimeLavey
11-29-2006, 06:42 PM
Glad they stopped this one before it slipped through the cracks. Can't believe it still got 6 idiotic votes.... :mad:

RitcheyRch
11-29-2006, 07:01 PM
Excellent news.

Kilrtoy
11-29-2006, 07:04 PM
Glad they stopped this one before it slipped through the cracks. Can't believe it still got 6 idiotic votes.... :mad:
And one of them is EX CHIEF OF POLICE
Bernie Parks

JB in so cal
11-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Wrongly Accused Man Settles Bomb Suit
Nov 29 5:09 PM US/Eastern
By ANNE M. PETERSON
Associated Press Writer
PORTLAND, Ore.
A lawyer the FBI wrongly arrested after the 2004 Madrid terrorist bombings because of a misidentified fingerprint has settled part of his lawsuit against the U.S. government for $2 million.
Brandon Mayfield, who was detained for two weeks in 2004, maintained that he was arrested because of his Muslim faith.
"Not only does my detention as a material witness in the Madrid bombing underscore the fallacy that fingerprint identification is reliable, I hope the public will remember that the U.S. government also targeted me and my family because of our Muslim religion," he said in a statement Wednesday.

Mandelon
11-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Who are the six hacks who voted in favor of it?
Good luck getting re-elected.... of course they will look like heroes if Tennie sues and wins more...... :220v:

98 Vector 21
11-29-2006, 07:10 PM
About time they grow some balls!

Bradman
11-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Who are the six hacks who voted in favor of it?
Good luck getting re-elected.... of course they will look like heroes if Tennie sues and wins more...... :220v:
These are the six counsil idots who voted yes.
The veto was upheld on a 9-6 vote, with council members
Janice Hahn, Tom LaBonge, Bernard Parks, Jan Perry,
Herb Wesson and Eric Garcetti failing in their bid to
override the mayor's action. An override would have
required 10 votes.

ratso
11-29-2006, 07:20 PM
Wrongly Accused Man Settles Bomb Suit
Nov 29 5:09 PM US/Eastern
By ANNE M. PETERSON
Associated Press Writer
PORTLAND, Ore.
A lawyer the FBI wrongly arrested after the 2004 Madrid terrorist bombings because of a misidentified fingerprint has settled part of his lawsuit against the U.S. government for $2 million.
Brandon Mayfield, who was detained for two weeks in 2004, maintained that he was arrested because of his Muslim faith.
"Not only does my detention as a material witness in the Madrid bombing underscore the fallacy that fingerprint identification is reliable, I hope the public will remember that the U.S. government also targeted me and my family because of our Muslim religion," he said in a statement Wednesday.
Now Muslims are using the race card??? :yuk:

blackcloud75
11-30-2006, 12:33 AM
Looks like the jokester did not get the last laugh...
TUFF COOKIES FOR HIM...
IM AM GLAD HE LOST, hopefully they can him now
At first glance I thought Kilr was making a TOOKIE reference :rollside:
I won't read so fast anymore..........

YeLLowBoaT
11-30-2006, 12:49 AM
Glad to hear it, next stop for that guy needs to be jail. I hope at the very least he gets fired.

OCMerrill
11-30-2006, 07:25 AM
Looks to me like six council seats that will not be refilled come election time.

NOTALENT
11-30-2006, 07:33 AM
Good to hear, I would hate to see more of our tax money going to waste....
Do you think one can pull the "Mutt" race card?? :crossx: