PDA

View Full Version : Opinions needed- 07 2wd CC, 1/2 ton GMC

GUGS102
11-30-2006, 08:30 AM
So I'm looking for a inexpensive run around for my wife. She works for an organization that places service dogs with disabled people. She regulary has 1-3 labs in seat belt harnesses in the car. With the chld seat hold downs and the seatd flat, this vehicle would meet her requirements and still have the bed to put stuff in.
I stopped by the GMC dealership to find a 2wd with a 5.3crew cab we could pick up.
So here is where the opinion comes in..
THey have a deal on new 07 2wd, crew cabs with the 4.8 for 20K plus tax and tag. This has the 100K factory powertrain warranty. Not much on bells and whistles, but that does not matter to her. I do not need to haul anything more than a couple of dirt bikes now and again, I have another vehicle to haul the boat.
Anyone have any thoughts or experience with the 4.8? Mileage, performance etc. I was thinking I could throw a better intake and exhaust to help it breathe and leave it alone for a few years.
Your help appreciated!!

phebus
11-30-2006, 08:36 AM
My opinion would be that if your interested in the GMC, to call Jay Photoglou, and to get the Chevy at the best price you will find.

ultra27jay
11-30-2006, 08:38 AM
So I'm looking for a inexpensive run around for my wife. She works for an organization that places service dogs with disabled people. She regulary has 1-3 labs in seat belt harnesses in the car. With the chld seat hold downs and the seatd flat, this vehicle would meet her requirements and still have the bed to put stuff in.
I stopped by the GMC dealership to find a 2wd with a 5.3crew cab we could pick up.
THey have a deal on new 07 2wd, crew cabs with the 4.8 for 20K plus tax and tag. This has the 100K factory powertrain warranty. Not much on bells and whistles, but that does not matter to her. I do not need to haul anything more than a couple of dirt bikes now and again, I have another vehicle to haul the boat.
Anyone have any thoughts or experience with the 4.8? Mileage, performance etc. I was thinking I could throw a better intake and exhaust to help it breathe and leave it alone for a few years.
Your help appreciated!!
I just picked up my 07 chevy 1500 2wd with the 5.3 and i just went threw my first tank of gas and was getting 17.5 mpg on the highway. today im installing the volant intake system and the magnaflow exhaust. so give me a few day to burn threw the tank of gas and ill let u know.

Cole Trickle
11-30-2006, 09:07 AM
The 4.8 is a peppy little motor that gets good mileage.
A CC 1500 for 20K will be hard to beat and do alot of things well.It will carry a couple bikes no problem. (I wouldn't hook a trailer over 3-4K pounds to it)
We have an 05 CC 1500 with the 5.3 and 3:73 gears and it runs great and gets close to 20 MPG on the road. :)

PHOTOGLOU
12-09-2006, 06:06 PM
Your help appreciated!!
Chevy's like this I was selling for 19,600 BUT they are all gone...... So anyone doing them in the GMC line (Don' know why but GMC's are more) for this price is doing you a favor

RICHARD TILL
12-09-2006, 09:59 PM
my 4.8 in an 01 chevy is a little weak. on a 350 mile pull with a 16 ft. texas tunnel hull behind it will get around 12.9 to 13.1 m.p.g. thats trying to keep up with 70-75 m.p.h. traffic. if theres a long hill ahead i need to hit the bottom of it building up steam because it fades quickly. i assumed the truck had a 5.3 when i bought it. otherwise the 4.8 is a good motor. i`m also very proud to hear that you`re shopping for an american made vehicle. not saying that i have`nt owned a jap vehicle and that they were`nt good transportation but for now on, i`m being an american by buying american.