PDA

View Full Version : How much is a seatbelt ticket?

HCS
11-30-2006, 11:51 AM
In California? Anyone else get one lately?
I made an illegal u-turn without my seatbelt on. :p
Damn Roseville cop was watching me through HER binoculars.
First thing she thought was is that I was drunk.
After sweet talking the chick she let me off with just a seatbelt violation.
Nice to know I still have a little charm in me. :D

ratso
11-30-2006, 12:11 PM
Cheaper than your life... :idea:
I just had to say it before somebody else came back with that wiseass remark. :D

Beer-30
11-30-2006, 12:12 PM
Every county/city is different. Each court has different penalty costs. You'll have to wait for the courtesy notice from the court.

HCS
11-30-2006, 12:30 PM
I just had to say it before somebody else came back with that wiseass remark. :D
I was waiting for some control freak to tell me what to do.
Like. Put on your seat belt and you won't get a ticket. :rolleyes:

ratso
11-30-2006, 12:32 PM
I was waiting for some control freak to tell me what to do.
Like. Put on your seat belt and you won't get a ticket. :rolleyes:
Don't feel alone... I never wear mine either. :D

Insurance God
11-30-2006, 12:55 PM
They are only 30 or 40 bucks (I've had a few). They get more expensive the more you get (I'm also a slow learner). I have gotten a lot better about wearing it... It now goes on without thinking about it.

Her454
11-30-2006, 01:06 PM
OK, first of all Tom I'd like to explain the importance of wearing seatbelts while we drive. You should always wear them appropriately as to not cause more damage to your person should you get in an accident. You should also take time to leave earlier in your day so you do not have to speed and can arrive at your destination safely.
Shame on you, and if there is anything else I can do to help please feel free to ask. :crossx:
BTW, put your seatbelt on and you wont get a ticket. :crossx:

ratso
11-30-2006, 01:20 PM
They are only 30 or 40 bucks (I've had a few). They get more expensive the more you get (I'm also a slow learner). I have gotten a lot better about wearing it... It now goes on without thinking about it.
Wow, I thought they were like $200

Kilrtoy
11-30-2006, 01:26 PM
True plus 175% penalty and other court cost , So it starts out the door at $90 and up

Beer-30
11-30-2006, 02:03 PM
The last I heard, they were $44 around here. I have also heard $52 in a different court. First offense. Around here, they double each time. So, $200 is only a few signatures away.

thumbs
11-30-2006, 02:17 PM
True plus 175% penalty and other court cost , So it starts out the door at $90 and up
That sounds about right. A co-worker just got one and it was $86.

socalmoney
11-30-2006, 02:22 PM
I clicked on this post to say the same thing. Ratso, your so fast.

socalmoney
11-30-2006, 02:31 PM
I always wear my seatbelt. I just can't guarantee I won't roll my car like this guy did.
http://v2.vidman.ca/video/thrown.html

SnakeWrench
11-30-2006, 02:49 PM
I always wear my seatbelt. I just can't guarantee I won't roll my car like this guy did.
There ya go. Humans don't soak up impact like a seat belt does.

HCS
11-30-2006, 03:03 PM
WOW. That guy should have atleast put on his helmet. :rolleyes:
99 percent of the time I wear my seatbelt.
The ATM machine is 1/2 block from my work. I was getting some quick cash
and going right back to work, it takes maybe 2 minutes.
I realize that anything can happen at anytime like getting caught not buckling up. So I did. :boxed:
A guy I work with said it was 200 bucks. That's why I was curious.
I thought it was more like 35 bucks.
I guess I'll find out. Either way it cost me to go to that ATM.

BRAWNY
11-30-2006, 03:40 PM
i got one on the forth of july --- cost $88.00
good luck BRAWNY

Kilrtoy
11-30-2006, 03:42 PM
THAT WAS SWEET

ratso
11-30-2006, 03:49 PM
What a dumbass... he had it coming. What's bad is you scroll down and see an idiot in a Suburban that strikes another car and kills the lady he hit. They shoulda put a bullet in that effers head. :mad: :mad: :mad:

edog_103
11-30-2006, 04:06 PM
I got one a year ago in August. Riverside County. It was close to $90 first offense. I got it during the "Click it or Ticket" campaign

DILLIGAF
11-30-2006, 04:13 PM
I have had two but none recently. I think the first one was about $45 and the second one was about $52...Both in the Corona/Norco area

unleashed
11-30-2006, 04:37 PM
I personally know 2 people that died from being ejected from there vehicle not wearing a seatbelt. I also know a 3rd that survived by not wearing a seatbelt. He was thrown from the front seat of his truck to the back and the only part of the vehicle that was not cave in is wear he was. You never know! I always wear mine..its a habit!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

VanDeano
11-30-2006, 05:40 PM
I got one in Simi Valley about 2 years ago and the CHP that gave it to me said it would be about $25. Well, she was wrong it was $86

HCS
12-12-2006, 09:26 AM
I got one in Simi Valley about 2 years ago and the CHP that gave it to me said it would be about $25. Well, she was wrong it was $86
Damn close. It was 87 bucks or go to court.
So I guess it's 87 bucks.:rolleyes:

Jordy
12-12-2006, 09:35 AM
OK, first of all Tom I'd like to explain the importance of wearing seatbelts while we drive. You should always wear them appropriately as to not cause more damage to your person should you get in an accident. You should also take time to leave earlier in your day so you do not have to speed and can arrive at your destination safely.
Shame on you, and if there is anything else I can do to help please feel free to ask. :crossx:
BTW, put your seatbelt on and you wont get a ticket. :crossx:
If I were you I'd listen to Her on this matter. She's gotten more tickets and crashed more cars than any 3 people I know, so I guess that kind of makes her an expert on this topic. :D :D :D
Oh, and if you want to know anything about procedures for lost cell phones, she knows a thing or two about that as well. ;)

CornWater
12-12-2006, 09:37 AM
$98.20
:rolleyes:

mickeyfinn
12-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Seat belt laws are just another sign of what is wrong with this country. Laws shouldn't protect you from yourself. I know they reduce serious injuries and people SHOULD wear them, but a law? Please...Next bungee jumping, parachuting, and rock climbing will be illegal so you don't hurt yourself.

HCS
03-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Seat belt laws are just another sign of what is wrong with this country. Laws shouldn't protect you from yourself. I know they reduce serious injuries and people SHOULD wear them, but a law? Please...Next bungee jumping, parachuting, and rock climbing will be illegal so you don't hurt yourself.
Just paid my seatbelt violation.
I could have went bungee jumping for $87.50. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

dumbandyoung
03-06-2007, 12:13 PM
I got one about two years ago, form San dimas Sherrifs Dept.. Right when they started that whole click it or ticket crap. It was around 90 bucks.

dumbandyoung
03-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Its because if you die, they loose a tax payer...duh? lol

CARLSON-JET
03-06-2007, 12:19 PM
I honestly am not the seat belt wearing person I should be at times. Aside from saving your own life, you could save the life of another passenger by not being thrown onto them. It is hard to control a vehicle from another passengers lap after banging heads. I know this first hand.
Her454, did you ever beat that last ticket? :devil:

Kachina26
03-06-2007, 12:19 PM
It's because if you don't have insurance and end up a vegetable, then we have to add you to the public feeding trough.

CornWater
03-06-2007, 12:36 PM
It's because if you don't have insurance and end up a vegetable, then we have to add you to the public feeding trough.
Then it seems to me that that is the problem, not the seatbelt law. I love it, more and more of the government telling me what's good for me.

Beer-30
03-06-2007, 02:11 PM
....because I refuse to get run over by my own vehicle. Law or no law, that is no way to die.
In 75-80% of freeway-speed roll-overs, unbelted drivers get ejected. If the ejection starts toward the bottom of the rotation, you end up a partial-ejection, and get cut in half by the door window hole.
If it occurs toward the upswing of the rotation or past-center, you get ejected forward, in the direction of the roll. Now, you are laying on the roadway, half-concious (if at all) and your veh is still rolling toward you. Squash.
The roll-over probably won't be your fault, either. Someone else PITs you, or lane-changes you.
I don't necessarily LIKE wearing mine, but after having the opportunity to see so many ejections, I REFUSE to be a statistic. The ones that do happen, I call Natural Selection.

Kachina26
03-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Or if you do have insurance and end up a vegetable, the rest of us pay in the way of higher rates.

Beer-30
03-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Or if you do have insurance and end up a vegetable, the rest of us pay in the way of higher rates.
True. Good additional point.

dumbandyoung
03-06-2007, 05:32 PM
:D

ratso
03-06-2007, 05:34 PM
In 75-80% of freeway-speed roll-overs, unbelted drivers get ejected.
That happened to LT's dad and brother...

HCS
03-06-2007, 11:33 PM
If jury people had a clue they'd throw 99 percent of the bullshit claims out of court.
Then slam the fees on the sewer. :D ;)

Kachina26
03-07-2007, 09:45 AM
If jury people had a clue they'd throw 99 percent of the bullshit claims out of court.
Then slam the fees on the sewer. :D ;)
What does sewage have to do with all this?

Beer-30
03-07-2007, 09:56 AM
What does sewage have to do with all this?
I was wondering that too. I believe my sewer fees come out of my county taxes :)

Kachina26
03-07-2007, 11:27 AM
I was wondering that too. I believe my sewer fees come out of my county taxes :)
Hell, I'm on a septic system.

Hava Stoker
03-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Last year California passed a law that if you have a Class C license, the seat belt ticket counts as a moving violation, which means there's points on your DMV record. Doesn't matter if you get the ticket in your personal vehicle or in your rig.
Just buckle up, it save lives and money and maybe your job.

JB in so cal
03-07-2007, 12:56 PM
http://www.dot.ca.gov/images/ClickItOrTicket.gif

Trailer Park Casanova
03-07-2007, 02:12 PM
I posted about this recently.
It's a moving violation in Ventura County.
Wife got one when our 6 year old un-did his belt and poked his head through the sunroof with the car in line, stopped, waiting to pick up a kid at school.
She did traffic school and the fine was $160 w/fees.
I think it's gone up.

HCS
03-07-2007, 02:44 PM
I posted about this recently.
It's a moving violation in Ventura County.
Wife got one when our 6 year old un-did his belt and poked his head through the sunroof with the car in line, stopped, waiting to pick up a kid at school.
She did traffic school and the fine was $160 w/fees.
I think it's gone up.
Wow! that was an expensive peak through the sunroof.
And to think it was legal not to wear a seat and or ride in the back of a pickup
truck when I was a kid.
I remember sleeping on the rear luggage shelf of my dads 1963 Galaxy Ford 500. It was a perfect place to take a nap. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Baja Big Dog
03-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Should be a million bucks, we dont care if you macho type the "dont need to wear a seat belt" dont think you need them, but it costs all of us money when they have to fly one of you asssholes to a hospital.

Her454
03-08-2007, 09:16 AM
Her454, did you ever beat that last ticket? :devil:
Didnt beat it, and it cost me. Very expensive ticket.