PDA

View Full Version : Fire in corona

hairysituation
12-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Anyone live by this fire that just started in the hills? What is going on?

HOOTER SLED-
12-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Hmmmm??? Where is it. I need to go look.

HOOTER SLED-
12-02-2006, 06:34 PM
I see smoke down towards the 91. I'm South of the 91.

Cole
12-02-2006, 06:50 PM
I dont know, but I think Homer getting smoked in your avatar!!!!

boatnam2
12-02-2006, 06:59 PM
right across the street from us...could barley get home from work.hope the wind dosen't swutch direction we will be in trouble.heard they have lost 11 house on hidden valley.

Cole Trickle
12-02-2006, 07:20 PM
you can see the flames from south Corona. We wen't down the hill towards the 91/15 and saw it immediatly.
Sadly it's pretty windy out right now too....

Raskal
12-02-2006, 07:27 PM
right down the street from me also .they are going to evauate animals .

Nord
12-02-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm off @ 10:00 tonight, I hope it doesn't slow my drive down.

JB in so cal
12-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Where in relation to the 91/15 interchange, is the fire?

repo man
12-02-2006, 08:40 PM
it started right across the street from my house. our power went out for about 1 minute then the fire started. it took about 3 minutes to burn about 20 acres. it started off a side street off hillside and fifth in norco. possibly arson because the cops were looking for some one .

hairysituation
12-02-2006, 08:49 PM
Any houses lost? I just got back from Anchos in riverside and it looked like it was burning up top of the hill prty good

HOOTER SLED-
12-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Where in relation to the 91/15 interchange, is the fire?
North of the 91, West of the 15. Norco/Corona border I guess. Hope it gets taken care of soon for you guys down there.

Newcastle
12-03-2006, 12:01 AM
It actually started near El Prado Golf Course at the corner of Pine and Euclid. Some brush caught fire near the road and the wind pushed the flames in a southwest direction. Golfers were getting wrecked by all the smoke. I saw it at about 340pm just as the 3rd or 4th fire engine arrived.

Jetaholic
12-03-2006, 01:38 AM
Corona...isn't that kinda where Topless lives?
Oh wait...that's right...she lives near LOT OF CAHONAS...oops:crossx:

Hal
12-03-2006, 06:10 AM
It actually started near El Prado Golf Course at the corner of Pine and Euclid. Some brush caught fire near the road and the wind pushed the flames in a southwest direction. Golfers were getting wrecked by all the smoke. I saw it at about 340pm just as the 3rd or 4th fire engine arrived.
Thats about 10 miles from the fire these guys are talking about.

boatnam2
12-03-2006, 06:24 AM
Corona...isn't that kinda where Topless lives?
Oh wait...that's right...she lives near LOT OF CAHONAS...oops:crossx:
she lives about a 1/4 mile away from fire...but she was at castaic helping later look for his boat.

boatnam2
12-03-2006, 06:25 AM
it was out this morning when i left for work,never did hear if any houses were lost.the hot spot was right next to the high school but pretty much teh whole south side of hill burned.

MayDaze
12-03-2006, 07:09 AM
By JAMIE AYALA
The Press-Enterprise
A fire whipped along by 60-mph wind gusts spared homes and moved into uninhabited hills just east of Interstate 15 in Norco.
David Bauman / The Press-Enterprise
Jeff Marquet , 36, of Norco, hoses down the property behind a home belonging to a neighbor near Third Street and Hillside Avenue in Norco on Saturday. A fire started near Fourth Street and Hillside, near Norco High School, at about 6 p.m.
The fire started near Fourth Street and Hillside Avenue, not far from Norco High School, at about 6 p.m. Saturday. The cause of the fire was unknown, said Chief Jack Frye of the Norco Fire Department. There were no reported injuries or structures damaged.
Frye said the fire was 70 percent contained by 9:30 p.m. Firefighters hoped for full containment by midnight.
The fire started near new ranch style homes and spread south, burning more than 100 acres. Frye said firefighters were prepared to hold the fire at Wyle Labs Road, just north of Second Street.
While there were no evacuations, many residents wanted to get their horses and other livestock a safe distance from the flames. One neighbor opened a gate for horses to run free, Frye said. He did not know how many ran out, but said all were recovered.
Norco residents Roxanna and Robert Workizer looked on and snapped a few photos as firefighters battling the flames ran away from them near their home off Third Street.
"The power went out for two minutes," said Roxanna, 59, who has witnessed two other fires in the brush-filled hills since the late 1980s. "I looked outside behind our house and it looked like a fog coming in."
She moved two horses, three dogs and one cat out of danger. Her husband, Robert, 61, was less concerned after dozens of firefighters rushed up their street to fight the blaze. About 60 firemen were on duty, Frye said.
Ken Andrews, 71, also a Third Street resident, said the area at the end of the block, which dead-ends at the base of the hills, was graded. He said he thought that might have helped stop the fire from spreading through the neighborhood.
John Rodko, 42, saw the fire from Highway 91 and suddenly realized it was close to his home. He said he was relieved when he found neighbors banding together and making sure everyone and everything was all right.
The fire came after days of high fire danger in Southern California, where Santa Ana winds have combined with low humidity. Red-flag fire danger warnings are expected to stay in effect until tonight, according to the National Weather Service.

boatnam2
12-03-2006, 07:25 AM
good news no structure loss,i give it to the fire fighters the wind was blowing and they got it knocked out!

MayDaze
12-03-2006, 07:38 AM
good news no structure loss,i give it to the fire fighters the wind was blowing and they got it knocked out!
I live about a 1/4 mile from there and the wind was howling last night... Not just in one direction either... Fire fighters did a great job...

boatnam2
12-03-2006, 07:55 AM
yea we live close also,could see the flames from our living room window.pedley and 5th.

Newcastle
12-03-2006, 08:06 PM
Thats about 10 miles from the fire these guys are talking about.
Yep, my bad. I didn't know there were 2 fires going...I guess the one I saw was nothin...

topless
12-04-2006, 09:47 AM
They contained it pretty quickly but it did look pretty scary. Now we have black hlls. The good thing is that it won't burn for a long time now. Thanks to the fire fighters, no homes were lost.