PDA

View Full Version : Never Forget/Tora, Tora, TORA

OGShocker
12-07-2006, 06:16 AM
Video (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7285800014530937819&q=pearl+harbor)

little rowe boat
12-07-2006, 07:42 AM
I never will. It's sad to think that we are coming to the end of the run for the greatest generation.
God love them all
God bless them all.
I miss you Grandpa.
Love
Jeff.

sigepmock
12-07-2006, 07:54 AM
Glad to see someone else remember this date too. Thanks for posting this.
Chris

bchbum
12-07-2006, 09:01 AM
I have the only FLAG out today on my block , alot of my neighbors are vets to .Can't understand why people don't pay respect to all the people that served for our freedom .

SmokinLowriderSS
12-07-2006, 10:05 AM
In my guard unit, one of our airmen, apologizes every December, for Pearl Harbor. It got started as a joke a couple years ago, and he's a really cool kid, with a great sense of humor. Not perfect, but a good, hard-working Airman.
Did I mention, he's Chinese instead of Japanese? :p
He's also our "Genetic technology/computer guru".
Actually the above is really true since we have sent him to the classes to deal with our login troubles, system problems, etc, but it started out as a joke as well.

Moneypitt
12-07-2006, 10:11 AM
65 years ago, Japan took the first step down a path that forever changed the world. The "first 9/11", on 12/7...........The resulting answer in '45 forever changed the world and the way that world powers look at each other. Over 2400 Americans lost their lives that day. If only they knew the result of their sacrafices.........Never forget.........Never forget......RIP brave fighting men of Pearl Harbor, 1941................MP

OCMerrill
12-07-2006, 10:36 AM
65 years ago, Japan took the first step down a path that forever changed the world. The "first 9/11", on 12/7...........The resulting answer in '45 forever changed the world and the way that world powers look at each other. Over 2400 Americans lost their lives that day. If only they knew the result of their sacrafices.........Never forget.........Never forget......RIP brave fighting men of Pearl Harbor, 1941................MP
Very nicely stated.

bilgewiper
12-07-2006, 10:44 AM
I have the only FLAG out today on my block , alot of my neighbors are vets to .Can't understand why people don't pay respect to all the people that served for our freedom .
I have two flags out today ........................... just incase someone else forgot.

OGShocker
12-07-2006, 10:47 AM
I never will. It's sad to think that we are coming to the end of the run for the greatest generation.
God love them all
God bless them all.
I miss you Grandpa.
Love
Jeff.
Hard to find a WWII vet who doesn't think he was just doing his duty and the guy next to him was the "real hero".
My dad was a baker on a "tin can (http://www.destroyerhistory.org/fletcherclass/usstaylor/)" and he loaded quad 40s during battle. He told me all the time, "I wasn't the guy shooting I was just there for support". The World could use that kind of humbleness these days.
I never knew your Grandpa, but I think I miss him too. I know I miss my Dad.

Moneypitt
12-07-2006, 10:49 AM
I have two flags out today ........................... just incase someone else forgot.
Well mines out. Kinda worn and weathered, need a new one, but for today it is kinda the way it should be, and still flying high!...........MP

SHOTKALLIN
12-07-2006, 11:09 AM
I think Americans have short memories. Too busy shopping at the mall, downloading music to an ipod, or taking the kids to baseball practice. Americans tend to want to only remember the good times. I turned on the tv this morning and none of the morning shows were broadcasting live from pearl harbor. There was no refrence to it at all. I guess its not politically correct.
Man I hope this never happens to 9-11.

Moneypitt
12-07-2006, 11:17 AM
I think Americans have short memories. Too busy shopping at the mall, downloading music to an ipod, or taking the kids to baseball practice. Americans tend to want to only remember the good times. I turned on the tv this morning and none of the morning shows were broadcasting live from pearl harbor. There was no refrence to it at all. I guess its not politically correct.
Fox news was live from Pearl. Navy Memorial , Vets from THE day, passing ships in tribute, missing man flyover...........lots of tears. The men from 41 are only a few now, but still remembering their comrades with dignity and grace................MP

Riverless
12-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Brokaw is there. He did a report this morning on the Today Show.
Brokaw on Today Show (http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?g=d98d3b18-2479-4a25-a92a-45257d26ccd0&f=00&fg=copy)

OGShocker
12-07-2006, 11:25 AM
I think Americans have short memories.........
I think a lot of folks have forgotten 09-11-2001.

spectratoad
12-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Yeah let alone remembering December 7th. :mad: My flag is out....oh wait it is out everyday. :) :) :)

little rowe boat
12-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Hard to find a WWII vet who doesn't think he was just doing his duty and the guy next to him was the "real hero".
My dad was a baker on a "tin can (http://www.destroyerhistory.org/fletcherclass/usstaylor/)" and he loaded quad 40s during battle. He told me all the time, "I wasn't the guy shooting I was just there for support". The World could use that kind of humbleness these days.
I never knew your Grandpa, but I think I miss him too. I know I miss my Dad.
My grandfather was in the s. pacific, landed on many beachheads. I remember as a child him telling me stories of some of the battles and him start tearing up.
They earned the name " The greatest generation " many times over.

little rowe boat
12-07-2006, 12:14 PM
Some will forget but many will not. True Americans never forget the tragedy, the loss of life, the sacrifices of our armed forces and ordinary everyday American citizens. I was not around when Pearl Harbor was attacked, but believe me, I know the significance of it because of people like your father and my grandfather. That will be the same for 9-11-01 we will Not let our children and grandchildren forget.
May God continue to bless the greatest nation on the face of the earth.
God bless the USA.

OGShocker
12-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Yeah let alone remembering December 7th. :mad: My flag is out....oh wait it is out everyday. :) :) :)
Ours too!

Ziggy
12-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Thanks for that link Mark :) .........Watched the whole documentary......History channel puts them together very nicely.
And yes, my flag flies proudly in the front yard 24/7, well lit and well kept.

Jbb
12-07-2006, 03:52 PM
Game...Set....Match....
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/109222.jpg
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/102431.jpg

Outnumbered
12-07-2006, 06:00 PM
This one leaves me at a loss for words...
http://www.anders.com/pictures/public/04-views/24%20-%20Pearl%20Harbor%20Memorial%20-%20Hawaii%20-%209-8-2001.jpg

sam pioske
12-07-2006, 06:13 PM
This one leaves me at a loss for words...
http://www.anders.com/pictures/public/04-views/24%20-%20Pearl%20Harbor%20Memorial%20-%20Hawaii%20-%209-8-2001.jpg
Som mo bithches let them look at the floating ship in front of the Az. The proud Mo. I still buy American when i can. God bless the U S A and Capt. Morgan...................

Flyinbowtie
12-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Judging from the replies here, I feel good about the strong desire to keep the history of 12-07-1941 alive, at least among this small slice of Americans.
I would be very curious to know if any high school history classes in Ca. have required lesson plans for this incident. I'll bet they don't.
Just talking to these heros is a great experience everybody should take advantage of if the opportunity presents itself. The time is rapidly approaching when all we will have is their printed word and audio/video archives.
My mother's second hussband was also a Pearl Harbor Survivor. He passed away about 5 years, but I used to spend hours and hours listening to him talk about where he was (On a Destroyer) at the time of the attack. After that, he went to Sub School becasue he wanted, "To be among the torpedoers, instead of among the torpedoees"
He served on the Wahoo, Breem, and the Bowfin
I wish I had had the foresight to record some of those conversations.
Mom still gets the "SubVets of WWII" monthly newsletter. They are planning their annual reunion, (In Laughlin, I think) and are trying to decide when they will disband the oraginzation and send the funds in their treasury to the U.S. SubVets Group.
Their association will die with them, but their service never will, as long as we honor their memory.