PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Sewer Expansion Project???

HatenWinter
12-07-2006, 11:21 AM
I just got off the phone with the company who is in charge of the project because I wanted to know roughly when my street would be done. She also said that they drain, sanitize, and "cave in" the existing septic tank. If they do in fact "cave it in" I'm going to loose several thousand dollars in landscaping because the tank is in my front yard. Anyone have this done with a front yard septic tank with landscaping on top?

LHC Kirby
12-07-2006, 12:05 PM
My understanding is that they come by and take pictures PRIOR to any work starting ~ than they will replace after the work is complete back to original status ~ I would guess this is the reason for the project being over budget by so much.
I have a 90' driveway and front yard landscape, and I plan on being out there when they do mine. . . July/August of 08 is the expected timeframe for mine.

Havasu1986
12-07-2006, 12:07 PM
How do we find out when our street is going to be done. I'm on Bamboo Dr.

HatenWinter
12-07-2006, 12:09 PM
It seems to me that they could just leave the thing in place, but what do I know. It will be quite the undertaking to remove large palm trees, boulders, irrigation, etc. and then turn around and put it all back like it was. I guess this would be done by the construction workers too and not landscapers.

Moneypitt
12-07-2006, 12:10 PM
It seems to me that they could just leave the thing in place, but what do I know. It will be quite the undertaking to remove large palm trees, boulders, irrigation, etc. and then turn around and put it all back like it was. I guess this would be done by the construction workers too and not landscapers.
BHC allows you to leave it in, but, you have to "slurry fill" it to asure it can't be used again...........MP

HatenWinter
12-07-2006, 12:12 PM
How do we find out when our street is going to be done. I'm on Bamboo Dr.
Call (928)854-8030, it's the company that is handling the project and they will be able to give you an idea of what year.

HatenWinter
12-07-2006, 12:13 PM
BHC allows you to leave it in, but, you have to "slurry fill" it to asure it can't be used again...........MP
That sounds more like it. The lady on the phone was new and wasn't able to tell me anything else other than it needs to be caved in.

little rowe boat
12-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Mine was already done and they returned everything back tom the way it was.

Jyruiz
12-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Mine was already done and they returned everything back tom the way it was.
Same here, I think they added more of that gray rock than I had before the construction. Either way, it looks good.

Havasu1986
12-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Call (928)854-8030, it's the company that is handling the project and they will be able to give you an idea of what year.
Thanks, I called and they said end of 2008 probably for me.

Hardly Satisfied
12-07-2006, 12:35 PM
I'm done allready

Not So Fast
12-07-2006, 12:46 PM
We were one of the first areas done and they do restore everything they destroy, they have digital film of your property also. They do cave in the septic tank and then wash sand into all the voids, not slurry though. I dont believe they can leave it in tact because in most cases they are not that far below the surface and the lids do cave in sometimes, so for liability reasons ? Why would anyone want it left intact anyway? Just dont expect restoration to happen exactly as it was (they come close) and it took some time to get it all done correctly but it did get restored. During the construction it was bad until they repaved the roads. I'm pretty anal so the dust and dirt are horrible, it gets tracked into the garage also, just the pits :cry: good luck!! NSF

Jyruiz
12-07-2006, 12:50 PM
We were one of the first areas done and they do restore everything they destroy, they have digital film of your property also. They do cave in the septic tank and then wash sand into all the voids, not slurry though. I dont believe they can leave it in tact because in most cases they are not that far below the surface and the lids do cave in sometimes, so for liability reasons ? Why would anyone want it left intact anyway? Just dont expect restoration to happen exactly as it was (they come close) and it took some time to get it all done correctly but it did get restored. During the construction it was bad until they repaved the roads. I'm pretty anal so the dust and dirt are horrible, it gets tracked into the garage also, just the pits :cry: good luck!! NSF
Yup, the dust sucks. We dusted one day, and had to redust the fallowing day and it looked like we didn't even dust the day before. A truck goes by twice a day spraying water, but that does little to help.

Havasu1986
12-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Yup, the dust sucks. We dusted one day, and had to redust the fallowing day and it looked like we didn't even dust the day before. A truck goes by twice a day spraying water, but that does little to help.
I'm up and back off the street. Will I get dusted.

ultra27jay
12-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Mine Was Also Done Over The Summer Time. My Street Was Dirt For About 2 Months. Im Up Off Smoketree And Acoma. They Returned It Like They Found It. No Worries.

Jyruiz
12-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Depends on the traffic on the street, but I would say yes, just not as bad.

ultra27jay
12-07-2006, 12:59 PM
IT DEPENDS IF U HAVE A LONG STREET. IT SEEMS THAT PEOPLE THINK ITS OFF ROAD RACE WHEN THE SEE DIRT. FREAKING JACKASS PEOPLE WITH NO RESPECT. JUST KEEP THE DOORS AND WINDOWS CLOSED AND CHANGE YOUR A/C FILTERS WHEN YOUR STREET IS DONE. AND IF YOUR BOAT IS IN THE GARAGE KEEP IT COVERED. THAT DAMM DUST GETS ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Jyruiz
12-07-2006, 01:05 PM
Mine Was Also Done Over The Summer Time. My Street Was Dirt For About 2 Months. Im Up Off Smoketree And Acoma. They Returned It Like They Found It. No Worries.
Damn bro, I am of Smoketree as well, real close to Acoma. My house is between Adobe and Pima, closer to Adobe though. Our construction started in Septemeber I believe and when we where there for Thanksgiving, it was all done except for the paving of the street. I have to call my neighbors and find out if the street is done yet.

sdpm
12-07-2006, 01:14 PM
When the sewer is in, how much is the monthly fee and is it on your water bill?

HatenWinter
12-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Once they start on your house how long does it take them. I'm sure each house is a little different with the setback and landscape hurdles. Just wondering how long I should plan on being there.

Not So Fast
12-07-2006, 01:21 PM
When the sewer is in, how much is the monthly fee and is it on your water bill?
Yes and it just went up about 50%. Mine is around $100@mo now. If you have automatic bubblers make sure you cut way back at Thanksgiving time thru March. That is when they take your average water use and then formulate your overage on that plus the base payment. Its way too high! As for dust remember that water truck drivers know two things, make it mud or forget it alltogether, no in betweens. NSF

Not So Fast
12-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Once they start on your house how long does it take them. I'm sure each house is a little different with the setback and landscape hurdles. Just wondering how long I should plan on being there.
It all depends on conditions, what is the ground like, how deep is the main, accessability, how many jumps there are etc. Mainline crews I would think should hit around 200-300 ft a day.Then when they are out of the way and the main line has been air tested the lateral crew comes in (usually a number of backhoes for this) and they really tear shit up as they probably (should) do numerous connections a day. This has to be coordinated with a pumping service so that your septic can be pumped dry right before they destroy it, they they install your lateral and backfill, presto its done. You want to be there for your connection probably so just ask the pusher (Foreman) when he thinks they will be on your street. It is the pits but I guess its worth it for the enviorment. Good Luck NSF

HatenWinter
12-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the info!

little rowe boat
12-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Damn bro, I am of Smoketree as well, real close to Acoma. My house is between Adobe and Pima, closer to Adobe though. Our construction started in Septemeber I believe and when we where there for Thanksgiving, it was all done except for the paving of the street. I have to call my neighbors and find out if the street is done yet.
You are both in the same area as we our. We are right by smoketree elementary school.

Havasu1986
12-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Is there a charge to the homeowner?

little rowe boat
12-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Yes, you can pay it over 20 yrs. or all at once. If I remember correctly it is $ 2000.00

HatenWinter
12-07-2006, 01:59 PM
The lady told me $2,000 with a variety of payment options. For some reason I thought it was more and that they were going to increase it due to the length of time the project has taken and being over budget or something.

Mr. Naudio
12-07-2006, 02:17 PM
$2000.00 plus my water bill stayed the same my sewer bill is over $180.00 a month.Yes plus the $80.00 for water and $20.00 a month for the hook up to pay back the $2000.00.
GIVE ME MY SEPTIC BACK.
$150.00 EVERY 5 YEARS
they did put the yard back like it was
and I did vote for the sewer at $40.00 to $50.00 a month
As it is my water and sewer was more than my electric in August.

BoatPI
12-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Don't Batch too much, I was one of the few that got (screwed) a sewer pump-over my many objections. Shat does not flow downhill on my 1/2 acre is why... Now that are about to reinstall a septic tank! I believe that the total cost to the taxpayers is over $25,000!!! And they should have left it alone in the beginning. This waste makes the feds wasting out $$ look like children.
The new managing company is much better that Burns and McDonnell who sold the city a bunch of B$. And on top of all of that they will have to refund my $2,000 fee.
this is not an inexpensive ordeal. The monthly costs are three times that of my Surf City house, and they can go up yearly. take the advise and greatly reduce your water consumpition during the winter months.

vintage biskit
12-07-2006, 03:15 PM
We are on the north lakeside and were one of the first areas to be done. We have been there 12 years. We had covered our leach lines with concrete driveway back when we built the house and figured that the city wouldn't pay to replace the area of concrete they had to pull up when they connected us to sewer. I was prepared to have to pay to replace the concrete myself, but they did replace it at no charge to me. My yard looked better when they were done than it did when they started and I had a new piece of concrete to boot. They cave in the old septic just to make sure it isn't used again. All the dead plants went in with it. I ended up with new rock and a few new plants which looked much nicer than my old smashed in rock and dead plants. My little dry creek rock bed was re-done and looked very fresh and new. Our water bill hasn't been a drastic increase, but did go up.
I was thankful they did our area in the windertime because it would have been hell trying to tow the boat to the launch ramp in the heat of the mess.
For a week or so you needed 4 wheel drive just to get in and out of the neighborhood.

Havasu1986
12-07-2006, 03:20 PM
So they dig up the leach lines and the septic :cry:

Not So Fast
12-07-2006, 03:32 PM
So they dig up the leach lines and the septic :cry:
Negative on the leach lines, just the tank. NSF

Keith E. Sayre
12-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Mine was done when they first started and I hope that it is
better now. North Palo Verde all the way down to Aviation
where I live was dirt for 8 months. My street was for 4 months. They did a decent job on the yards too.
But the kicker was voting for a plan that was supposed to
increase your bill by about $40 a month. I figured OK I
have a pool so figure in another $10 for the pool. Wrong
how about $120 a month more each month. Go figure
this one out. If you take the price of the entire city system
and divide it by the number of homes in town, we're spending abou $45,000 per home to remove our waste.
Heck until 3 or 4 years ago, $45,000 in this town almost
built a decent beginner home! Good luck.
Keith Sayre

HatenWinter
12-07-2006, 04:44 PM
Looks like it's a major inconvenience. Has anyone had to remove any tall palm trees?

Havasu1986
12-07-2006, 04:51 PM
How long do you have to pay the higher monthly payments. And because my street doesn't get done for another 2 years am I better off not being in the 1st group.

TCHB
12-07-2006, 04:53 PM
My house sits up on a hill that has a lot of concrete that will have to be removed. I am not looking forward to my street and driveway torn up.

sdpm
12-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Do you have the option not to tie into the system and stay on septic? Do you still get charged for the install and will your rates still go up? What would be the advantage or disadvantage for not connecting?

Not So Fast
12-08-2006, 01:34 PM
Do you have the option not to tie into the system and stay on septic? Do you still get charged for the install and will your rates still go up? What would be the advantage or disadvantage for not connecting?
You connect period and no alternative systems are allowed. One realtor lady, Darlene Shaddox I think, tried an alternative system and just lost in court according to the paper so she wasted her money and now has to pay xtra for the hook up and pay to disable the other system, as i read it. Cant beat the man ya know! NSF

vmjtc3
12-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Wow this suck's. I just bought a vacation home in havi now I have to pay 2k to have my sewer hooked up? :(

Havasu1986
12-08-2006, 01:59 PM
Didn't your Real Estate agent disclose this?

Havasu_Dreamin
12-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Wow this suck's. I just bought a vacation home in havi now I have to pay 2k to have my sewer hooked up? :(
You're agent should have informed you of this I would think..... If I remember the article right, those of us with second homes in Havasu (read: less water usage) will have our bills 'adjusted' in some manner so that we are more in line with what the full-timers are in an effort to spread the cost in a more equitable manner across the whole city.
In the end the town will be better off with the sewer system.

vmjtc3
12-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Didn't your Real Estate agent disclose this?
Not yet. I guess I will see. They just accepted the offer. So we have not got to the disclosure yet. They still have some time I think to get us all the info. I am not sure when it has to be done? But if no one say's anything I guess I will have to ask........................

vmjtc3
12-08-2006, 02:45 PM
You're agent should have informed you of this I would think..... If I remember the article right, those of us with second homes in Havasu (read: less water usage) will have our bills 'adjusted' in some manner so that we are more in line with what the full-timers are in an effort to spread the cost in a more equitable manner across the whole city.
In the end the town will be better off with the sewer system.
Yeah I agree about it being a better deal then septic tank's. Hey I am just around the corner from you so when are our homes supposed to get done?

Havasu1986
12-08-2006, 02:51 PM
. I am not sure when it has to be done? But if no one say's anything I guess I will have to ask........................
Call the # that is on the 1st page and they will tell you.

BigDoug
12-08-2006, 07:00 PM
They just paved my street a couple days ago !!!!
Heres the story..............from start to finish it was less than 2 months and we live down by the H.S. removed some plants, rock, lights etc. smashed the tank recoverd everything and now we will get new plants.
The water truck made a mess (literally) mud 4-5 inches deep, we detail for a living and as you can guess i was a wreck just trying to keep my own stuff clean on a daily basis :cry: i was fortunate that i have a service road to go out my back yard on my lower lot and escape the mud at times but it's all over now and my street is new and everyone seems happy !!
They move fast on this stuff, it's just a mess for a short time............:)

Havasu_Dreamin
12-08-2006, 10:20 PM
Yeah I agree about it being a better deal then septic tank's. Hey I am just around the corner from you so when are our homes supposed to get done?
We were told 2010 when the project first started, who knows when now.....

voodoomedman
12-08-2006, 10:27 PM
I just hope they do my street in the Winter. I do not want to tow the boat across the mess.