PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Speedsters

Community
01-24-2006, 08:37 AM
Anybody have any experience with them? Was also considering a Beck Speedster?

Scarabjet
01-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Yes. I had one built. Please contact me if you wish and go to speedsterowners.com for all kinds of info.
Rick

Community
01-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Which one did you have built?
Thanks.
Gary

Scarabjet
01-25-2006, 07:25 AM
Gary,
I had a Vintage built. The current builders are : IM (best), JPS, Beck, Thunder Ranch, SAW & Vintage. IM, Beck, SAW & Thunder Ranch are tube based frames. Vintage and JPS, pan based. All but SAW use a VW powerplant as mild or rad as your pocket book allows (my friend has a 220HP T4).SAW uses a Subaru motor. It's going to boil down to how much you want to spend and how you are going to use the car. If you're down in SoCal, I'd recommend JPS. You can follow your build and be in direct contact with John. John Steele (owner/builder) cranks out the refined version of a Vintage. E-mail me (precision1@sbcglobal.net) privately if you'd like to know more (the good and the ugly). I don't want to bore everyone here :cry:
Rick

Focker
08-30-2006, 02:26 PM
Gary
Did U Get A Speedster?

Community
08-31-2006, 06:35 AM
No, I ended up buying a Harley FXDBI....still want one, but may be down the road aways...you have one to sell?

Focker
08-31-2006, 06:38 AM
No, I ended up buying a Harley FXDBI....still want one, but may be down the road aways...you have one to sell?
no mine will be done next week, I was going to buy a vengenance custom trike and opted for the speedster. Stll will get the trike maybe next year

Community
08-31-2006, 06:44 AM
Please let me know how the follow-thru is once you take delivery, as far as bugs, cust serv. JPS is real close to where I am at as is Vintage. I was looking for something unique that is economical and reliable. If I got one, it would be a somewhat daily driver.

Focker
08-31-2006, 09:05 PM
Please let me know how the follow-thru is once you take delivery, as far as bugs, cust serv. JPS is real close to where I am at as is Vintage. I was looking for something unique that is economical and reliable. If I got one, it would be a somewhat daily driver.
this is going to be my daily driver. Did a lot of homework. Vintage cranks them out in 2 weeks, JPS 3 months. Difference in quality is big per lots of people. check out speedsterowners.com. There are some guys from ***boat on that site with speedsters also

Scarabjet
09-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Focker,
She's looking great and you'll have a great time. Serrano builds a good motor (if that's who John used for yours). JPS was the right choice over Vintage.
Can't wait until John perfects the Coupe. :cool:
Rick

Focker
09-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Focker,
She's looking great and you'll have a great time. Serrano builds a good motor (if that's who John used for yours). JPS was the right choice over Vintage.
Can't wait until John perfects the Coupe. :cool:
Rick
serrano did the engine
and he has two paid orders for the coup already