PDA

View Full Version : Power bill question

bunny 166
12-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Is the residential rate cheaper or more expensive than commercial? Our park at the river is switching over so each tenant pays the electric co. directly, rather than us all paying together at a commercial rate....Anyone have ideas on the difference??$$$ Thanks....

H20 Toie
12-08-2006, 03:49 PM
commerical is normally more

Sleek-Jet
12-08-2006, 03:52 PM
It's metered different, so it's hard to draw a direct comparrison... but usually a commercial rate is slightly cheaper per Kilowatt Hour (KWh) since those accounts will use more electricity over the billing cycle than a residential rate.
But a commercial rate usually has an installed KW demand charge (how much load is on the meter) that is significantly more than the residential minimum monthly bill.
So it all comes out in the wash... usually...
Clear as mud??? :D

bunny 166
12-08-2006, 03:56 PM
It's metered different, so it's hard to draw a direct comparrison... but usually a commercial rate is slightly cheaper per Kilowatt Hour (KWh) since those accounts will use more electricity over the billing cycle than a residential rate.
But a commercial rate usually has an installed KW demand charge (how much load is on the meter) that is significantly more than the residential minimum monthly bill.
So it all comes out in the wash... usually...
Clear as mud??? :D
Hee hee....not really....:hammerhea I have never seen the actual bill for the whole property, so i don't know if there is a demand charge.....I hope it doesn't go way up, of course, but even or less would be nice....:)

Sleek-Jet
12-08-2006, 03:58 PM
Hee hee....not really....:hammerhea I have never seen the actual bill for the whole property, so i don't know if there is a demand charge.....I hope it doesn't go way up, of course, but even or less would be nice....:)
So are you each going to have an account with the power company, or is the park going to meter the electricity itself and send you a bill???

YeLLowBoaT
12-08-2006, 04:02 PM
well if you take the bill and split it equally....
if you use less then the average, your bill will go down. if you use more then the average, your bill will go up.

bunny 166
12-08-2006, 04:02 PM
So are you each going to have an account with the power company, or is the park going to meter the electricity itself and send you a bill???
They used to send us a bill, now we'll have our own account. I'm hoping the change won't be too drastic....:hammerhea

Sleek-Jet
12-08-2006, 04:05 PM
They used to send us a bill, now we'll have our own account. I'm hoping the change won't be too drastic....:hammerhea
Shouldn't be, if you were paying by the meter that the park read. In fact it'll probably go down since most parks add a little on top of what the bill should be....

bunny 166
12-08-2006, 04:18 PM
well if you take the bill and split it equally....
if you use less then the average, your bill will go down. if you use more then the average, your bill will go up.
We didn't split it equally--each of us has our own meter.....:)

bunny 166
12-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Shouldn't be, if you were paying by the meter that the park read. In fact it'll probably go down since most parks add a little on top of what the bill should be....
Let's hope so!!:)