PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe it's December..

Devil's Advocate
12-09-2006, 12:55 PM
I just came in from a nice run. :) Been out running everyday and it's been in the upper 60's, low 70's. It's hard to believe that Christmas is in a couple weeks when it's this warm. I kind of want it to get cold now. Any other Arizonians want some cold weather?

ratso
12-09-2006, 12:58 PM
I finally got my mountain bike out again... been cool here and that's the only time I ride. Guess I'll get started on doing that again tomorrow...

Devil's Advocate
12-09-2006, 01:01 PM
I finally got my mountain bike out again... been cool here and that's the only time I ride. Guess I'll get started on doing that again tomorrow...
The nice weather does make it easier though to keep up with the exercise routine. I guess I'm still a New Yorker at heart though and think it's messed up when I don't see snow in winter.:squiggle:

Jbb
12-09-2006, 01:11 PM
It was 16 degrees when I went to work this morning...:skull:

CornWater
12-09-2006, 01:18 PM
It was 16 degrees when I went to work this morning...:skull:
I'm sure Brown will give you some sympathy.....
:D

Tom Brown
12-09-2006, 01:25 PM
Any other Arizonians want some cold weather?
That's rich. :D
Last night at about 10 pm myself and someone I work with were in northern Saskatchewan snowshoeing out to a broken wireless data transceiver. The equipment shed was three quarters of a mile from the closest road accessible by a 4x4 truck with big ass winter tires on it so we had to get to the tower on foot.
The weather was great (about 20*F, no wind) and It was a beautiful experience. It's so peaceful up there that it redefines what beauty really is.
Nice as it was, I'm glad I didn't do a network tour last week when the temperature was -35 and the wind was howling like a lonely wolf calling a far off bitch.
Come on up. I'm sure you'll find our weather sufficiently cold. :)
I'd invite Jbb up but I doubt he has the ovaries for it.

Devil's Advocate
12-09-2006, 01:30 PM
That's rich. :D
Last night at about 10 pm myself and someone I work with were in northern Saskatchewan snowshoeing out to a broken wireless data transceiver. The equipment shed was three quarters of a mile from the closest road accessible by a 4x4 truck with big ass winter tires on it so we had to get to the tower on foot.
The weather was great (about 20*F, no wind) and It was a beautiful experience. It's so peaceful up there that it redefines what beauty really is.
Nice as it was, I'm glad I didn't do a network tour last week when the temperature was -35 and the wind was howling like a lonely wolf calling a far off bitch.
Come on up. I'm sure you'll find our weather sufficiently cold. :)
I'd invite Jbb up but I doubt he has the ovaries for it.
I lived in the Rochester area NY. So it was sufficiently cold there too, especially with good old Canada, Lake Erie and Lake Ontario bringing in the cold air and lake effect snow!!:220v: For some reason I miss that shit.:mix:

Tom Brown
12-09-2006, 01:32 PM
For some reason I miss that shit.:mix:
I love it when you talk kinky. :cool:

Jbb
12-09-2006, 01:34 PM
I lived in New York City........and I dont miss the cold.....at all....
Id Invite Brown to the big apple....but Im sure they would use him for a human sacrifice....

Tom Brown
12-09-2006, 01:36 PM
Id Invite Brown to the big apple....but Im sure they would use him for a human sacrifice....
... on the east 2-9.

Devil's Advocate
12-09-2006, 01:37 PM
I love it when you talk kinky. :cool:

NOTALENT
12-09-2006, 01:42 PM
I just came in from a nice run. :) Been out running everyday and it's been in the upper 60's, low 70's. It's hard to believe that Christmas is in a couple weeks when it's this warm. I kind of want it to get cold now. Any other Arizonians want some cold weather?
This is worthless without pics!!!:devil:
I hear ya though...I wish it would get cold and snow...damn I want to hit the slopes!!!:cry:

UltraClean
12-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Did you put the seat on it yet Ratso??

Tom Brown
12-09-2006, 02:11 PM
I lived in New York City........and I dont miss the cold.....at all....
OK.... so my brother and I are in Manhattan for the first time... circa 1990.
We take the New Jersey turnpike, go through the Holland tunnel, and pull into the first parking lot we find. This lot featured four big black men stationed at each corner of the lot, each holding the chain of a large black doberman. Manning the booth was JJ dyn-o-mite Kid Walker.
As we walk past one of the dogs, it barks and snaps at us with tremendous ferocity. It was the perfect beginning of the perfect first trip to Manhattan.
Not two blocks from the parked car and bristling with camera equipment like photographers heading to a Japanese wedding, a large black man walking beside me lifts my arm to get a better look at my camera. He was probably an enthusiast but already had that model in his collection.
By the time we got to Grand Central Station, we knew we weren't safe. Plans were made to hit the few places we planned on seeing get out as quickly as possible. I slipped into the washroom and transferred $40 cash and a credit card to the flap of my y-fronts. Gotta get home somehow...
We got to 30 Rockefeller Plaza. I paid $80 each for two Late Night with David Letterman t-shirts. I developed new found respect for a co-worker who would wear a Late Night with David Letterman sweatshirt sometimes on casual Fridays.
We went to the observation deck of one of the WTC towers, paid $18 for a roll of film on Liberty Island, and handled all of our tourism shopping list with the exception of Times Square.
Low on cash and feeling like a couple of bumpkins from the Canadian sticks, we arrived at Times Square. The place was somewhat disappointing as a point of glamour or interest but it did have some street vendors selling knock off t-shirts, sweatshirts, and other touristy paraphernalia at ridiculously cheap prices. As I recall, a sweatshirt was 10 bucks.
Wanting to cash in on the cheap contraband, we did our best to ascertain the amount of cash each of us had left so we could pool our resources. The conversation went something to the effect of, "Do you remember if we got here at 12:30 or 12:40?" "WTF?" Frustrated by each other's ignorance to the other's attempts at encoding information, we whipped out our cash and spent all of it on perhaps hot and certainly unlicensed merchandise.
The vendor then said to us, "You boys don't belong here. I think you should go." His words were like sweet music. We took the subway back to the car, threw our shit in the trunk, got in, and hit the key. That's when we discovered I had left the lights on.
Fortunately, I had a pair of cables in the trunk. I dug into my underwear, found a 10 spot, and offered it to JJ Evans for a boost. He agreed, the car fired right up, we aimed ourselves north and floored it.
About couple of blocks away from the parking lot, we were stopped by a parade. This is when I learned about the existence of the the squeegee people. A rough looking man washed my already clean windshield and then stood beside the driver's window awaiting payment. I'd never seen anything like this before and had no idea what to do. It was pretty obvious he was looking for money but we were out so I pulled a loony (Canadian $1 coin) from the ashtray, lowered the driver's window about 1/8", and pushed the coin through the slot.
The bum said, "What am I supposed to do with this?" We gave responded with shrugged shoulders, gave him our best, "We don't know, eh." look, and hoped for him to leave. ... which he did.
New York.... greatest city in the world. :)

ratso
12-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Did you put the seat on it yet Ratso??
I put a couple new tubes in it. Probably gonna hit some bike trails out by the river tomorrow with my cousin.

Jbb
12-09-2006, 02:27 PM
OK.... so my brother and I are in Manhattan for the first time... circa 1990.
We take the New Jersey turnpike, go through the Holland tunnel, and pull into the first parking lot we find. This lot featured four big black men stationed at each corner of the lot, each holding the chain of a large black doberman. Manning the booth was JJ dyn-o-mite Kid Walker.
As we walk past one of the dogs, it barks and snaps at us with tremendous ferocity. It was the perfect beginning of the perfect first trip to Manhattan.
Not two blocks from the parked car and bristling with camera equipment like photographers heading to a Japanese wedding, a large black man walking beside me lifts my arm to get a better look at my camera. He was probably an enthusiast but already had that model in his collection.
By the time we got to Grand Central Station, we knew we weren't safe. Plans were made to hit the few places we planned on seeing get out as quickly as possible. I slipped into the washroom and transferred $40 cash and a credit card to the flap of my y-fronts. Gotta get home somehow...
We got to 30 Rockefeller Plaza. I paid $80 each for two Late Night with David Letterman t-shirts. I developed new found respect for a co-worker who would wear a Late Night with David Letterman sweatshirt sometimes on casual Fridays.
We went to the observation deck of one of the WTC towers, paid $18 for a roll of film on Liberty Island, and handled all of our tourism shopping list with the exception of Times Square.
Low on cash and feeling like a couple of bumpkins from the Canadian sticks, we arrived at Times Square. The place was somewhat disappointing as a point of glamour or interest but it did have some street vendors selling knock off t-shirts, sweatshirts, and other touristy paraphernalia at ridiculously cheap prices. As I recall, a sweatshirt was 10 bucks.
Wanting to cash in on the cheap contraband, we did our best to ascertain the amount of cash each of us had left so we could pool our resources. The conversation went something to the effect of, "Do you remember if we got here at 12:30 or 12:40?" "WTF?" Frustrated by each other's ignorance to the other's attempts at encoding information, we whipped out our cash and spent all of it on perhaps hot and certainly unlicensed merchandise.
The vendor then said to us, "You boys don't belong here. I think you should go." His words were like sweet music. We took the subway back to the car, threw our shit in the trunk, got in, and hit the key. That's when we discovered I had left the lights on.
Fortunately, I had a pair of cables in the trunk. I dug into my underwear, found a 10 spot, and offered it to JJ Evans for a boost. He agreed, the car fired right up, we aimed ourselves north and floored it.
About couple of blocks away from the parking lot, we were stopped by a parade. This is when I learned about the existence of the the squeegee people. A rough looking man washed my already clean windshield and then stood beside the driver's window awaiting payment. I'd never seen anything like this before and had no idea what to do. It was pretty obvious he was looking for money but we were out so I pulled a loony (Canadian $1 coin) from the ashtray, lowered the driver's window about 1/8", and pushed the coin through the slot.
The bum said, "What am I supposed to do with this?" We gave responded with shrugged shoulders, gave him our best, "We don't know, eh." look, and hoped for him to leave. ... which he did.
New York.... greatest city in the world. :)
What an amazing coincidence!....:supp: ...I still have that coin!

ratso
12-09-2006, 02:29 PM
lmao...:D

rrrr
12-09-2006, 02:29 PM
LMAO!!! :hammerhea

Tom Brown
12-09-2006, 02:34 PM
rotfl! :D :D :D
One of these days, Mister. One of these days..... :D :D

Jim W
12-09-2006, 03:02 PM
Bristol Mountain opened Wed!!!!
Had lunch Wed. at Lock's Stock and Barrell. The mountain was awash with man made snow floating in the air from top to bottom.
Thursday night it went down to 17...
FYI----that causes some pretty severe shrinkage.
Enjoy the weather you have, believe me.....
Be good, Jim

Debbolas
12-09-2006, 03:06 PM
I hate cold weather!!!
Cold weather being anything below 60degrees (burr)
we are going up to look at the Christmas decorations on Thoroughbred Street tonight and I KNOW it will be at least 45 (burrr). Got my long johns, turtle neck, fuzzy sweater, big down jacket, and I will still be freezeing :cry:
And I enjoy snow sking in 70 degree weather when you can wear a tank top :D

Devil's Advocate
12-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Bristol Mountain opened Wed!!!!
Had lunch Wed. at Lock's Stock and Barrell. The mountain was awash with man made snow floating in the air from top to bottom.
Thursday night it went down to 17...
FYI----that causes some pretty severe shrinkage.
Enjoy the weather you have, believe me.....
Be good, Jim
I remember Bristol. I can't believe how many years I lived in NY and never snow skied.:rolleyes: My ex was a skier and wanted me to try. I thought I would wear a tree and become one with nature.:supp: Though it looked fun.:D
Sorry about the shrinkage.:D
I guess just a short dose of the NY winter would be ok. But they usually lasted like 7 months.:rolleyes: Stay warm!

IN2-IN2MX
12-09-2006, 10:53 PM
I hate cold weather!!!
I'm with you Deb. I'm not happy unless it's at least 70 degrees. My parents live in friggen Aspen too! Too ironic. :(

Jbb
12-10-2006, 02:11 PM
62 degrees today....:)