PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from Skid Row..

Baja Big Dog
12-10-2006, 03:41 PM
Just got back from Skid Row on a toy run with my little group of "ASSSHOLES ORANGE COUNTY"
Thats some real mind numbing stuff, we go early to avoid the "Yuppie Train" from Glendale, and we get to spend time around the kids that are lined up (for hours) waiting for gifts, we took about 35 bikes all loaded with toys and three trucks loaded from contributions from cans we set up at some local pubs. You cant believe the looks on the kids faces...you want to hand them the toys but its not allowed. All the faces are happy, we leave a check for a few thousand dollars to the Fred Jordan Mission and it is a amazing when we are leaving what do we hear from all the kids.................THANK YOU AND MERRY CHRISTMAS.wow MAKES IT ALL WORTH IT.

Kilrtoy
12-10-2006, 03:43 PM
Its very depressing over there and around that whole area. Great job and its very rewarding...
Now sanitize yourself, there is a very serious staff infection running around over there

ratso
12-10-2006, 03:49 PM
Its very depressing over there and around that whole area. Great job and its very rewarding...
Now sanitize yourself, there is a very serious staff infection running around over there
:jawdrop:

Wet Dream
12-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Very nice Baja. There is a huge payoff in things as simple as words.

707dog
12-10-2006, 04:18 PM
thats hella cool baja!! me and my family also do our share for the homeless/battered youngsters 4 thanksgiving dropped off 2 turkeys and fixings,and 4 xmas the same plus a bunch of lil toyz/clothes, i,m far from rich but i do remember where i came from and do know that life can change fast and i can be right back without anything..always love the kidz, remember its not there fault!!

707dog
12-11-2006, 05:05 PM
:(

BLOWN HOWARD
12-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Would love to help out the unfortunate. How do i find out in my area were the not so fortunate kids are and how to make deliveries. I am in the Upland area

Outnumbered
12-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Sounds great. I just don't get the Ass Holes part:confused:

DILLIGAF
12-11-2006, 09:06 PM
Good job. Makes it worthwhile when the childs face lights up :)

Trailer Park Casanova
12-11-2006, 09:10 PM
When my parents marriage exploded I was one of those little kids.

HOOTER SLED-
12-11-2006, 09:13 PM
Would love to help out the unfortunate. How do i find out in my area were the not so fortunate kids are and how to make deliveries. I am in the Upland area
Usually the local Police and Fire have programs you can donate to. Next time make the get together at Chuys in Corona knucklehead. :hammerhea ;)

Baja Big Dog
12-12-2006, 10:20 AM
Sounds great. I just don't get the Ass Holes part:confused:
Its a group of drinkers with motorcycle problems....in Orange County, we have tee shirt sales through out the year at swap meets and the Amtrak Mooning in July, the money goes to the Fred Jordan Mission in L.A.

Outnumbered
12-13-2006, 12:14 AM
Its a group of drinkers with motorcycle problems....in Orange County, we have tee shirt sales through out the year at swap meets and the Amtrak Mooning in July, the money goes to the Fred Jordan Mission in L.A.
Got it. Great work. Good to hear a story like this. Maybe you are not a bunch of Ass Holes after all :D

a catered life
12-13-2006, 06:41 AM
nice job.:) ...giving is a feeling that nothing else compares too....more people should try it sometimes

707dog
12-13-2006, 04:52 PM
nice job.:) ...giving is a feeling that nothing else compares too....more people should try it sometimes
it is a great feeling cause when i was growing up i was the one takin hand me downs but know its a lil diffrent, beat the odds and now can make a youngsters day with some chit i dont even use any more..