PDA

View Full Version : This place sucks !

beerjet
12-10-2006, 08:10 PM
I got a message from a good friend that she had eaten at RED ROBIN . She became ill , ended up in the hospital with an I.V. for 24 hours.
Me and my wife ate there about a year ago and we had to sit through about 12 happy birthday songs in about an hour . After a complaint card was written out the manager basically told us tough shit. I told him if I wanted to hear it that many times , I would have gone to chuck-e-cheese. Never been back to that dump.
Am I alone on this or is that typical.

Nord
12-10-2006, 08:14 PM
There is one in the mall I work in. The tap beer always tastes like sh*t for some reason, no matter what type you get. The burgers are pretty good though.
How does a restaurant govern how many birthday songs are to be sung?? Maybe you just went on a busy birthday day...??
~NORD~

Wicked Performance Boats
12-10-2006, 08:15 PM
We feel for ya! Julie & I ate at the IHOP in Barstow a coupla weeks ago and we both got messed up from there. I've always trusted IHOP. NEVER GOING THERE AGAIN. Pat

beerjet
12-10-2006, 08:49 PM
There is one in the mall I work in. The tap beer always tastes like sh*t for some reason, no matter what type you get. The burgers are pretty good though.
How does a restaurant govern how many birthday songs are to be sung?? Maybe you just went on a busy birthday day...??
~NORD~
The time I was there they didnt have budwieser and she didnt tell me that she brought me a bud light , I had to taste it to figure it out.
The waitress was all about people complaining about not sing the song since there isnt a waiter alive that likes singing the song. I went on a sunday to. I just felt like it was so disruptive and really didnt feel like paying for a meal I really didnt enjoy . They do have good burgers though.

IN2-IN2MX
12-10-2006, 08:54 PM
I like that place. There's one in our local mall (Valencia). It's not bad, especially if you sit in the bar and watch sports. The wings are pretty good and the beer has never tasted different to me.
There's another one at the mall by my work (Northridge). My coworkers and I go there a lot for lunch. We really like the Strawberry Lemonade and endless fries (although I've had to give up refills now :cry: ).

HocusPocus
12-10-2006, 09:40 PM
the red robin in victorville we eat at regulary, with and without the kids. always get great service and no complaints about the food.

Outnumbered
12-10-2006, 09:49 PM
The one here has kick ass burgers and good Hefe on tap. No complaints. Kids like it too.
I hate the birthday shit too if its over-done, but its a family place so you should expect it a few times. It rarely happens at the RR here. Claim Jumper finally stopped doing it a few years ago. I assume because it was out of control. People would make it up to get free desert and it was a birthday at every other table.:hammerhea

Mrs. Bordsmnj
12-11-2006, 07:48 AM
I kind of like Red Robin. We don't go there very often but they have yummy burgers. And yummy neverending fries!!!
I don't think hearing happy birthday at another table has ever bothered me. Next time tell them its your birthday too. :mix: