PDA

View Full Version : Where To Live Havasu?? Or Minden??

SummerBreeze
12-12-2006, 06:17 AM
I seem to be pulled to Havasu more and more.
I have lived on the east side of the Sierra for over 27 years between Mammoth and Minden Nv.
I love Minden for the most part. The dirt bike riding is about the best any where. I love to boat in Tahoe, Snow Ski in Tahoe. It's just beautiful here but more people are moving here and it's not the same.
I have a new home in Havasu and don't oue much on it. I could live in Havasu and own my home and toys and have a pile of money to work with. The weather would be a major change from freezing your ass off to sweatin your ass off. I have many friends in both spots but Havasu friendships are made easy. For the most part the dirt bike riding sucks. But I just bought a Harley and it's in Havasu. My work is flexable
It could be the best of both worlds to follow the sun. I am planning on another trip to Havasu in Feb. for a few days then I will stay for a month in April.
I wonder if I lived in Havasu year round what it would like?

havaduner
12-12-2006, 06:47 AM
I dont like the cold, so it would be an easy decision for me.
As for riding, I only ride in the sand, so I still need to travel to the dunes for that.
We'll be full time residents in a few more years.

Warlockjer
12-12-2006, 07:26 AM
We like that area (Minden). Almost moved to Carson City once, but the winters were a little bit much. Darn near grew up at tahoe back in the 50s and 60s. That lake is COLD. Love Havasu, but just in the past couple of years it is getting crazy, and just like Minden alot of people are moving here too. They can't wait to get out of Calif. I couldn't. And the politics in Havasu suck..:) :)

catman-do
12-12-2006, 08:23 AM
I say keep both houses. Havasu for summer and tahoe for the winter. Cant beat that!

Kilrtoy
12-12-2006, 08:28 AM
probably the same , EXCEPT as mentioned the weather.
Both are small towns and offer that home feeling.
It depends on what you like more
HEAT or COLD

Ion
12-12-2006, 08:51 AM
For the most part the dirt bike riding sucks. But I just bought a Harley and it's in Havasu...
You must not know anyone who knows where to go! Trails are virtually endless and diverse from sand dunes to desert to mountains, from beginner to expert, from rip-it-up, to exploring abandoned mine shafts to waterfalls.

AirtimeLavey
12-12-2006, 09:38 AM
I say keep both houses. Havasu for summer and tahoe for the winter. Cant beat that!
That would be the ticket! :cool:

Keith E. Sayre
12-12-2006, 09:48 AM
I found myself asking myself the same questions 15 years ago. Do I stay in Utah where it is freezing 8 or 9 months
every year or move to Havasu? I kept finding myself saying, I can't wait until I retire so I can move to Havasu.
One day we just did it and I'd do it again.
snow or heat? snow or heat? You DON'T have to shovel the heat!
Good luck in your decision.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

spectratoad
12-12-2006, 09:55 AM
Well I live in Reno, not far from you but definitely not as nice as Minden. I can't wait to move south. Maybe not Havasu but definitely a warmer local. I am retired but now I am just waiting for the kids to head off to college, about 6 years. Then I'm outta here.

Vitus
12-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Hey Summer Breeze, post up some pictures of that new Harley.
Brotherhood!

SummerBreeze
12-12-2006, 10:30 AM
Here it is

DILLIGAF
12-12-2006, 10:39 AM
Here it is
Nice bike SB. If you can swing it keep em both. If you need to make a decision think of getting older and shoveling snow and sore joints. That is the difference right there.

SummerBreeze
12-12-2006, 11:36 AM
I found myself asking myself the same questions 15 years ago. Do I stay in Utah where it is freezing 8 or 9 months
every year or move to Havasu? I kept finding myself saying, I can't wait until I retire so I can move to Havasu.
One day we just did it and I'd do it again.
snow or heat? snow or heat? You DON'T have to shovel the heat!
Good luck in your decision.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Hey Keith,
You may not know the screen name but we have met a few times before
My name is Eric
I will stop by some time and say Hi

BarryMac
12-12-2006, 11:42 AM
My folks just put their Reno house on the Market, they're moving South near Tucson.

phebus
12-12-2006, 12:01 PM
My advice would be to lease the house in Minden for a year, move down to Havasu, and then after the year is up, make your decision.

Jbb
12-12-2006, 12:02 PM
Kelowna...

cap'n chuy
12-12-2006, 12:10 PM
hey summerbreeze, we lived in minden for 15 years before moving to vegas. just too cold for us, summers are too short up there. when did you get the harley?

SummerBreeze
12-12-2006, 12:12 PM
hey summerbreeze, we lived in minden for 15 years before moving to vegas. just too cold for us, summers are too short up there. when did you get the harley?
Hey you just never know know who will be on the boards
I got it Last week
Is this Bob Or Krista???

SummerBreeze
12-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Hey Summer Breeze, post up some pictures of that new Harley.
Brotherhood!
Hey Brother Tim

cap'n chuy
12-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Hey you just never know know who will be on the boards
I got it Last week
Is this Bob Or Krista???
its bob. nice bike, and havasu is the perfect place to keep it!

SummerBreeze
12-12-2006, 12:31 PM
its bob. nice bike, and havasu is the perfect place to keep it!
Hey Bob,
I was looking for you guys when I was in Havi last week.
Have you been down latley?

HavasuSelect
12-12-2006, 12:32 PM
Hey Bob,
Get yourself a Rhino and stay in Havasu.

cap'n chuy
12-12-2006, 12:37 PM
Hey Bob,
hi eric, we were down there on thanksgiving weekend. had a good time. you're going to havasu in feb next time?

SummerBreeze
12-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Hey Eric,
I hear dad is taking his scooter in for repairs . He will be renting my scooter for $300.00 a day. I should have that baby payed off in no time.
How's the new job going??

HavasuSelect
12-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Hey Eric,
I hear dad is taking his scooter in for repairs . He will be renting my scooter for $300.00 a day. I should have that baby payed off in no time.
How's the new job going??
I didn't know that. It sounds like you're getting a good deal though. If I were you I woulda checked the mileage before I left. The job's alright.....for now..... I have to wait and see how my the pay is, then I might be the one making posts about getting a new Harley.

SummerBreeze
12-12-2006, 12:45 PM
hi eric, we were down there on thanksgiving weekend. had a good time. you're going to havasu in feb next time?
Yeah in Feb sometime
Durning the endurance Jet ski races. I have a friend his son races and he has a plane. So fly down would be best
My house will be rented for the winter. I am looking to shack up with a hottie while in town

cap'n chuy
12-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Yeah in Feb sometime
Durning the endurance Jet ski races. I have a friend his son races and he has a plane. So fly down would be best
My house will be rented for the winter. I am looking to shack up with a hottie while in town
sounds like an awesome plan. let us know if you want to use our place, you're welcome anytime. we've been getting down there about once a month lately.

SummerBreeze
12-12-2006, 12:59 PM
sounds like an awesome plan. let us know if you want to use our place, you're welcome anytime. we've been getting down there about once a month lately.
10-4 Thanks
What about shacking up with a hottie?

Flyinbowtie
12-12-2006, 01:06 PM
I am over on the west slope of the Sierras, in Nevada County, and I am working on a decision somewhat like yours.
I have friends that lived in South Tahoe for years. They bought a place in LHC and did the summer/Tahoe and winter/LHC thing for a couple of years.
They wound up making LHC home, and laugh every time I call and tell them how damn cold/wet/snowy it is up here.
They got used to the heat in one season, and my buddy's back problems just about went away.
The weather is why we are looking at it, I have major back problems.
Fighting a couple of months of "too hot" in LHC beats the heck out of fighting 4 or 5 months of too cold/too rainy/ too much snow, in my book. Up there where you are, you hafta add "too windy" to the mix as well, if memory serves.
If you can swing it, and have a nice place in Minden, I'd try to hold on to it for awhile. The real estate boom moving south through Reno and Carson is like a wave rippling on a pond. It has stretched out east clear to Fernley, and might be headed your direction next. Just a thought...

SummerBreeze
12-12-2006, 01:41 PM
I am over on the west slope of the Sierras, in Nevada County, and I am working on a decision somewhat like yours.
I have friends that lived in South Tahoe for years. They bought a place in LHC and did the summer/Tahoe and winter/LHC thing for a couple of years.
They wound up making LHC home, and laugh every time I call and tell them how damn cold/wet/snowy it is up here.
They got used to the heat in one season, and my buddy's back problems just about went away.
The weather is why we are looking at it, I have major back problems.
Fighting a couple of months of "too hot" in LHC beats the heck out of fighting 4 or 5 months of too cold/too rainy/ too much snow, in my book. Up there where you are, you hafta add "too windy" to the mix as well, if memory serves.
If you can swing it, and have a nice place in Minden, I'd try to hold on to it for awhile. The real estate boom moving south through Reno and Carson is like a wave rippling on a pond. It has stretched out east clear to Fernley, and might be headed your direction next. Just a thought...
Thanks for reminding me about the flippin wind:cry: Like today in fact

cap'n chuy
12-13-2006, 03:59 AM
hi eric its krista, are you kidding me?you really have to think about it? i would never go back to that 9-10 months of cold, WINDY, weather. As for riding we can hook up and go to the sand. Our rail is for sale!!?? Subaru 2.5!!?? well anyway, good talking to you!!!

Vitus
12-13-2006, 07:51 AM
Brother E,
It sure would have been nice to see a pretty girl on that Harley....you may need to make that happen and re-post the pic.

SummerBreeze
12-13-2006, 09:46 AM
hi eric its krista, are you kidding me?you really have to think about it? i would never go back to that 9-10 months of cold, WINDY, weather. As for riding we can hook up and go to the sand. Our rail is for sale!!?? Subaru 2.5!!?? well anyway, good talking to you!!!
Hey Krista,
Yeah... a sand ride would be better than a dirt bike. I don't think now is the time to sell this house in G Ville.

cap'n chuy
12-14-2006, 01:03 AM
Brother E,
It sure would have been nice to see a pretty girl on that Harley....you may need to make that happen and re-post the pic.
hey eric, krista has a hot girlfirend who loves top ramen and meisterbrau! let us know!!!lol!!!!

2forcefull
12-14-2006, 03:47 AM
hey eric, krista has a hot girlfirend who loves top ramen and meisterbrau! let us know!!!lol!!!!
BOB,????? WTF, BOTH YOU GUYS STAY UP ALL NIGHT:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :confused: :confused:

RitcheyRch
12-14-2006, 05:14 AM
I would go where is warm. I cant stand it when is below 80 degrees.

SummerBreeze
12-14-2006, 07:20 AM
Oh! that's sounds like my kinda of woman

cap'n chuy
12-14-2006, 12:49 PM
BOB,????? WTF, BOTH YOU GUYS STAY UP ALL NIGHT:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :confused: :confused:
just finished a three hr tour!!!

2forcefull
12-14-2006, 02:35 PM
guess Bob 's passed out then!!!:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p : :idea:

EAZYKILLER2006
12-14-2006, 06:44 PM
yea!!!
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/keepitmovin.jpg

cap'n chuy
12-14-2006, 08:32 PM
yea!!!
is that the local golf cart convention?:skull:

HavasuSelect
12-19-2006, 05:11 PM
Eric, I heard there might be another reason why you wanna move to Havasu.......So what's her name:D

SummerBreeze
12-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Eric, I heard there might be another reason why you wanna move to Havasu.......So what's her name:D
Lets just say she is about (110 lbs) I like them small (they can't get away) Blonde, Good looking, smart
Also it was ZERO this morning

Wheeler
12-19-2006, 06:26 PM
[QUOTE=Fighting a couple of months of "too hot" in LHC beats the heck out of fighting 4 or 5 months of too cold/too rainy/ too much snow, in my book. [/QUOTE]
Depends on what you consider hot. Plan on 4 months of triple digits, and then the monsoons. The Wx is not, unbearable, just not as nice as Orange County and other parts of So Cal. I am thinking of selling the Parker house and the Ranch, then moving back to California! Any one thinking of moving here, come and stay for a year, then make your decision.

HavasuSelect
12-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Lets just say she is about (110 lbs) I like them small (they can't get away) Blonde, Good looking, smart
Also it was ZERO this morning
And where was she when we were out there? Does she have any friends?

SummerBreeze
12-19-2006, 10:23 PM
And where was she when we were out there? Does she have any friends?
She came over after you guys left. I didn't get into my house until Sunday night after you guys left.

SummerBreeze
12-19-2006, 10:28 PM
I have lived on the east side of the Sierra for over 27 years between Mammoth and Minden Nv.
I love Minden for the most part. The dirt bike riding is about the best any where. I love to boat in Tahoe, Snow Ski in Tahoe. It's just beautiful here but more people are moving here and it's not the same.
I have a new home in Havasu and don't oue much on it. I could live in Havasu and own my home and toys and have a pile of money to work with. The weather would be a major change from freezing your ass off to sweatin your ass off. I have many friends in both spots but Havasu friendships are made easy. For the most part the dirt bike riding sucks. But I just bought a Harley and it's in Havasu. My work is flexable
It could be the best of both worlds to follow the sun. I am planning on another trip to Havasu in Feb. for a few days then I will stay for a month in April.
I wonder if I lived in Havasu year round what it would like?
Here

SummerBreeze
12-19-2006, 10:29 PM
yea!!!
Or Here?

Wheeler
12-20-2006, 07:16 AM
yea!!!
That looks like fun!

2forcefull
12-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Here
do you ride on those little black things

dumbandyoung
12-20-2006, 12:05 PM
havasu!

SSTahoe
01-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Come on now you have to love the Minden/Gardnerville area during the summer but I would like to live in AZ during the winter.