PDA

View Full Version : Cognito Steering Kit

BRSTQUEST
12-12-2006, 09:15 AM
Does anyone run the Cognito Steering Kit on their Chevy trucks???? I have an '05 4x4 with a CST 6" lift and thinking of running the kit to help strengthen the steering components. Iam getting ready to do the CST upper A-arms and single kings so I figured while I am under the truck why not also do the steering....Any feedback is welcome

ultra27jay
12-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Does anyone run the Cognito Steering Kit on their Chevy trucks???? I have an '05 4x4 with a CST 6" lift and thinking of running the kit to help strengthen the steering components. Iam getting ready to do the CST upper A-arms and single kings so I figured while I am under the truck why not also do the steering....Any feedback is welcome
I HAVE PUT IT ON A COUPLE OF TRUCKS AND IT SEEMS TO WORK FINE. THE CUSTOMERS DONT COMPLAIN. LET ME KNOW IF U NEED ANY HELP GETTING THE PARTS. IF U DONT ALLREADY HAVE A HOOKUP I CAN GET THEM FOR U.

sigepmock
12-14-2006, 09:50 AM
The way the CST lift works you don't gain much from the Cognito brace kits. For the guys with the knuckle style lifts like Fabtech and RCD it saves their ass but the CST doesn't really need. I got that info is straight from Justin, the owner of Cognito. Looks into a set of heavy duty tie rods along with the upper arms and you'll be good to go. Here's the set I got from SoCal Super trucks. 1 1/2 years and zero problems so far.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5495front_shock2.JPG
Good luck,
Chris

LOWRIVER2
12-15-2006, 08:42 AM
Jared at Outlaw Off Road has been running 40's on his Cognito 11" lift for a year with the tie rods and has had 0 issues. He says it's as tight as when it was stock.

LOWRIVER2
12-15-2006, 08:42 AM
Jared at Outlaw Off Road has been running 40's on his Cognito 11" lift for a year with the tie rods and has had 0 issues. He says it's as tight as when it was stock.

Force This
12-18-2006, 03:49 PM
I HAVE PUT IT ON A COUPLE OF TRUCKS AND IT SEEMS TO WORK FINE. THE CUSTOMERS DONT COMPLAIN. LET ME KNOW IF U NEED ANY HELP GETTING THE PARTS. IF U DONT ALLREADY HAVE A HOOKUP I CAN GET THEM FOR U.
Hey Jay, are they available for 2006 crew cab Duramax shortbed?

kevnmcd
12-18-2006, 04:05 PM
Hey Jay, are they available for 2006 crew cab Duramax shortbed?
Yep, put a set on my rig last month ('06 2wd).

Force This
12-18-2006, 05:53 PM
Yep, put a set on my rig last month ('06 2wd).
How do you like them? Did you install them?
Thanks

tahitijet
12-30-2006, 11:51 AM
The way the CST lift works you don't gain much from the Cognito brace kits. For the guys with the knuckle style lifts like Fabtech and RCD it saves their ass but the CST doesn't really need. I got that info is straight from Justin, the owner of Cognito. Looks into a set of heavy duty tie rods along with the upper arms and you'll be good to go. Here's the set I got from SoCal Super trucks. 1 1/2 years and zero problems so far.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5495front_shock2.JPG
Good luck,
ChrisI agree fully. We are a cognito dealer and install alot of his kits. The parts are more of a preventitive deal to keep from wearing out and breaking the already weak stock parts under the added streses of larger tires. It isn't really that important to add it to the cst lift but i guess if you wanted to it wouldn't hurt.

koldcowboy
01-02-2007, 06:23 AM
have had it on my truck for 6 months now...No problems at all...Love it. Will do the same thing to my new diesel when it gets here...:D