PDA

View Full Version : Team CRC sighting!

maxwedge
12-12-2006, 04:38 PM
On I55 just north of Springfield IL this morning. CRC Boat was headed northbound on a trailer and we were headed southbound. We make the same boring 80 mile drive a few times a week. This morning, it was cold, raining, foggy as hell, pretty much depressing weather, and here comes this bad ass boat down the highway towards us. I didn't have time to take a pic, but it kinda made my day.:)
a pic from the poker run thread a while back.
http://item.slide.com/i/uid=dqFOAmn3qQ_rB-V_mEcviFGHXG-xGMKijmmSDmCJiM3AUXSmy_QbB1W5JdNTdKW1vp-pFmJgL_Q
Just left me wondering a few things.
1) Why the hell is Team CRC hauling the boat north through central IL in the middle of winter??? Maybe going for a nice frosty cruise on Lake MI?
2) When you tip a boat like that on it's side to transport it, do you have to drain all of the fuel and oil out to keep it from spilling everywhere?

LAFD
12-12-2006, 04:43 PM
i think if its on a tilt trailer thats what they do is drain all the fluids. at least thats what i read somewhere cant remeber where though.

TOBTEK
12-12-2006, 05:57 PM
thats a TRUE " baller " when you have to hire a crane to get your boat off the trailer...you doing OK.

Mrs.Killer
12-12-2006, 07:17 PM
On I55 just north of Springfield IL this morning. CRC Boat was headed northbound on a trailer and we were headed southbound. We make the same boring 80 mile drive a few times a week. This morning, it was cold, raining, foggy as hell, pretty much depressing weather, and here comes this bad ass boat down the highway towards us. I didn't have time to take a pic, but it kinda made my day.:)
a pic from the poker run thread a while back.
http://item.slide.com/i/uid=dqFOAmn3qQ_rB-V_mEcviFGHXG-xGMKijmmSDmCJiM3AUXSmy_QbB1W5JdNTdKW1vp-pFmJgL_Q
Just left me wondering a few things.
1) Why the hell is Team CRC hauling the boat north through central IL in the middle of winter??? Maybe going for a nice frosty cruise on Lake MI?
2) When you tip a boat like that on it's side to transport it, do you have to drain all of the fuel and oil out to keep it from spilling everywhere?
He's either going to the glass shop in Wisconsin or to his crew chief's house in Illinois. No you don't have to drain the fuel or oil from the boat. They are dry sump engine's, you just have to cap off the reservoirs...and your ready to rock and roll.

maxwedge
12-13-2006, 05:00 AM
Oh sure, I almost forgot about that offshore boat repair mecca, uhh..Wisconsin.:D
Also, if you could please give me the address of the crew chief here, I need to go sell him on the idea of letting me drive it next year.:D

Mrs.Killer
12-13-2006, 06:36 AM
Oh sure, I almost forgot about that offshore boat repair mecca, uhh..Wisconsin.:D
Also, if you could please give me the address of the crew chief here, I need to go sell him on the idea of letting me drive it next year.:D
Sure no prob....I'll get back at ya...:mix:

BshyBvrGirl
12-13-2006, 06:45 AM
Out of curiosity...why the hell would the crew chief live in Illinois of all places? :confused:
Having lived here my entire life...It's beyond me :notam: :)

Kilrtoy
12-16-2006, 08:26 AM
Out of curiosity...why the hell would the crew chief live in Illinois of all places? :confused:
Having lived here my entire life...It's beyond me :notam: :)
Doesnt really matter where you live, you are racing all over the world

Froggystyle
12-16-2006, 08:31 AM
thats a TRUE " baller " when you have to hire a crane to get your boat off the trailer...you doing OK.
Nahhh... it is just worth it not to have to deal with the asshole hecklers in Havasu... ;)