PDA

View Full Version : ATV Forums?

Wet Dream
12-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Anyone know of any good ATV forums? Looking for more technical stuff on the different rides. Heres a 2nd question if anyone wants to take a stab at it. I'm a newbie to the 2 stroke stuff and need to know how to dial in the kids 90cc. It starts fine and runs fine, but really lacks the low end throttle response. I can't say it bogs, but when you crack the throttle, it doesn't jump up in revs. Say you're in the good slick mud at a stand still. Romp the throttle, bluuuuuuuuh (starts to move), then wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing (tires spinning) then right back to bluuuuuuuuuuh. When I rode it, around the block, I had to keep moving the choke lever to keep it at the peak output. Any help guys?

wsuwrhr
12-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Idle mixture is off, loose piston, carbon buildup in the exhaust, dented expansion chamber.
Fouled plug

wsuwrhr
12-12-2006, 08:29 PM
two strokes are real simple engines.
There arent that many parts to fail.
Let me know and Ill help you out
to bad you arent local
Brian

Wet Dream
12-12-2006, 08:49 PM
I'm thinking its two of the things you listed. Since I have to move the choke, it s a fuel mixture issue. The other thing I'm leaning toward is the exhaust. It had come loose at the end of the day and was not attached to the motor. Although it was loud, my son said that it was definately faster. Is there a way to cleans these up, or freeflow them more, or am I looking at getting an aftermarket for a 90?

beernut
12-12-2006, 08:50 PM
:hammerhea so buy messing with the choke you were riching the mixture, new bikes are usually real lean and the exhaust is restrictive some smaller bikes have removable restricters in the exhaust, also check for a plugged up silencer, we used to pull them and put em in the campfire to burn out the oil resude(back in the days of mixing gas)pull the plug and see if its wite(lean) or oily (fouled) and put in a new plug anyway,its the cheap way to find out,

wsuwrhr
12-12-2006, 08:51 PM
I'm thinking its two of the things you listed. Since I have to move the choke, it s a fuel mixture issue. The other thing I'm leaning toward is the exhaust. It had come loose at the end of the day and was not attached to the motor. Although it was loud, my son said that it was definately faster. Is there a way to cleans these up, or freeflow them more, or am I looking at getting an aftermarket for a 90?
Well you can gently hit the pipe against something, see what comes out.
What year/make is your 90?
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Yea what he said too
:hammerhea so buy messing with the choke you were riching the mixture, new bikes are usually real lean and the exhaust is restrictive some smaller bikes have removable restricters in the exhaust, also check for a plugged up silencer, we used to pull them and put em in the campfire to burn out the oil resude(back in the days of mixing gas)pull the plug and see if its wite(lean) or oily (fouled) and put in a new plug anyway,its the cheap way to find out,

Wet Dream
12-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Its an 03 or 04 Eton 90.

wsuwrhr
12-12-2006, 08:59 PM
Its an 03 or 04 Eton 90.
A chinese model?

Wet Dream
12-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Yup. :notam: Finding a used bike in that size is almost impossible around here. I tried every, and I mean EVERY dealer around for a kid quad. I couldn't justify $2200 for a new one if he didn't like it. He is definately not ready for shifting and went this route for him to get used to it and sell it after next season and go up from there.

OCMerrill
12-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Eatons are some of the better built ones from China and hold their value a bit better than one would think.
Anyway,
Could be dirt in the crab. Idle circuit or the pilot jet could be partially clogged. In an engine that small these jest have a tiny orifice and can get gooped up especially if the thing sat.
If none of the other stuff works out take the carb apart and blow out everything. If you’re not good at this sort of thing any cycle shop can do it.
Does it have an oil injector? Make sure you run quality injector oil. No valvoline two stroke from pep boys. Run good oil from a cycle shop (Maxima, Motoul, there are many but these are the brands I used to run).

Riverat84
12-12-2006, 10:02 PM
glamisdunes.com has some kick ass forums about that shiz....check it out man.
Reid