moneypit
12-14-2006, 09:00 AM
http://www.whc.net/rjones/USN/USN_team.html

JB in so cal
12-14-2006, 09:22 AM
That rocked.

abraman1326
12-14-2006, 09:35 AM
That was awesome. Thank you for sharing it. I've always liked the honor guard. That opening scene in A Few Good Men was about the best thing I'd seen. Now this is. Thanks again...
BRA

Huckleberry
12-14-2006, 10:10 AM
Impressive!!!

LakeTrash
12-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Incredible work
Only problem - everybody knows sailors do not carry small arms, they always haul the Marines around to take care of the individual fighting.
I would love to see the Marine silent drill team perform with those Navy guys. That would be something to see.
LT

syke-o
12-14-2006, 10:20 AM
awesome..

Froggystyle
12-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Incredible work
Only problem - everybody knows sailors do not carry small arms, they always haul the Marines around to take care of the individual fighting.
I would love to see the Marine silent drill team perform with those Navy guys. That would be something to see.
LT
Yeah... keep telling yourself that. Some of us carried big arms too.

Keith E. Sayre
12-14-2006, 10:49 AM
it may be cliche but I'm proud as hell to be an American!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

Wet Dream
12-14-2006, 10:57 AM
Very Cool

Aqua Boogie1
12-14-2006, 11:00 AM
Wow!!!!!!!

JB in so cal
12-14-2006, 11:08 AM
Were those M-1's, or a derivative in that video?

Froggystyle
12-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Were those M-1's, or a derivative in that video?
The drill teams all used to carry M-1 Garande's, but some have switched to the M-14 (M-1 derivative) because it is in the inventory.
A big part of some drills is the dissasembly of the weapon, and the M-1's you can pull the bolt on and a couple of other goodies. I would imagine they were using M-1's.

SHOTKALLIN
12-14-2006, 11:20 AM
I would love to see a competition between the Marine Corp drill team and the Navy. That would rock the house.

Boatcop
12-14-2006, 11:23 AM
I was on the Coast Guard Drill Team at Yorktown, VA in 1975. (I joined it to get out of having to stand duty.)
My last demonstration was at a change of Command Ceremony, right before I got transferred. It was August and, as anyone who's been there knows, was about 98 degrees and 98% humidity.
We were doing a "Flying Queen Anne", which is where we spin the rifles, and end up on one knee with the rifle out 45 degrees as a salute.
Well, from the sweat and moisture on the grass that transferred from previous maneuvers, I lost my grip on the rifle and it went spinning out of control forward. It ended up sticking bayonet down in the grass about 1 foot in front of the Admiral's feet.
I looked at it. Then at the Admiral, who was also looking at it. Then he locked eyes with me. I kind of shrugged and just stood there at attention.
I thought I was toast, but I could see the Admiral trying to stifle a chuckle and keep from laughing out loud. So I knew I wasn't in too much trouble.

XtrmWakeborder
12-14-2006, 11:11 PM
Pshh seals aren't anything special.....haha j/k my buddys going in to become one next year. He leaves Jan 17th.

12-15-2006, 12:58 AM
I was on the Coast Guard Drill Team at Yorktown, VA in 1975. (I joined it to get out of having to stand duty.)
My last demonstration was at a change of Command Ceremony, right before I got transferred. It was August and, as anyone who's been there knows, was about 98 degrees and 98% humidity.
We were doing a "Flying Queen Anne", which is where we spin the rifles, and end up on one knee with the rifle out 45 degrees as a salute.
Well, from the sweat and moisture on the grass that transferred from previous maneuvers, I lost my grip on the rifle and it went spinning out of control forward. It ended up sticking bayonet down in the grass about 1 foot in front of the Admiral's feet.
I looked at it. Then at the Admiral, who was also looking at it. Then he locked eyes with me. I kind of shrugged and just stood there at attention.
I thought I was toast, but I could see the Admiral trying to stifle a chuckle and keep from laughing out loud. So I knew I wasn't in too much trouble.
Thank God its a dry heat in Az.

Assume The Position
12-15-2006, 02:57 AM
that was awsome.

scarabrick2
12-15-2006, 07:23 AM
Yah What he said!!!!
Me, I always brought a little explosives( c-4, tnt, det cord, hose charge) with me. Just to start a fire when we got cold :)