PDA

View Full Version : Rodents again....

C-2
12-14-2006, 09:58 AM
As entertaining and rewarding as this is (see photo), itÂ’s getting kind of old.
Does anybody use one of those “sonic” or high frequency pest control thingies? And does it work?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/11322006_12140038_Small_.JPG

C-2
12-14-2006, 09:58 AM
Oops, look what I found when I went to rinse the trap. Damn snap trap acted like a guillotine!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/11322006_12140041_Small_.JPG

topless
12-14-2006, 10:05 AM
Thank you very much for sharing. I think I'll go puke now.:cry:

Huckleberry
12-14-2006, 10:05 AM
I feel for ya Craig. We've been fighting friggin RATS for months now. I've had an exterminator put baits out and everything. So far they destroyed my hot tub and keep crapping in my dog's food and water bowls at night. :mad: Every time we think they're gone more rat shiat shows up a few days later. Where they f*** they're coming from is beyond me.

Jyruiz
12-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Oops, look what I found when I went to rinse the trap. Damn snap trap acted like a guillotine!
Stick the head on a stick, and plant the stick on the ground. That should scare the other rats away.:D

Huckleberry
12-14-2006, 10:14 AM
Stick the head on a stick, and plant the stick on the ground. That should scare the other rats away.:D
Lord of the Flies for mice????

Legal Chemistry
12-14-2006, 10:15 AM
now THAT is funny! Line them up in a row with a tikki god at the end!

Caribbean Jet
12-14-2006, 10:28 AM
My brother in law uses them for gophers and it did work.

frogII
12-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Thanks for that wonderful lunch time photo: :yuk:

Devilman
12-14-2006, 10:47 AM
Here at the scalehouse, mice got in & made a nest between the walls. The squealing & scratching around, never mind the smell, was insane... Got one of those pest repellant deals that you plug in the wall, 2 days they were gone. Worked like a champ. Haven't heard a peep & that was 4-5 months ago....
Victor is the brand, model # M690/M692.... Came from Lowes I believe.
Also, I bought the Black & Decker version for the house, they didn't do a damn thing regarding mice, but they did work on getting rid of insects....
Guess if it worked on mice, it should work on the rats. Good luck... :cool:

phebus
12-14-2006, 11:14 AM
You just need to get a cat, and when his job is done, just get a bigger trap, and snap his head off.

AvengerBabe
12-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Here at the scalehouse, mice got in & made a nest between the walls. The squealing & scratching around, never mind the smell, was insane... Got one of those pest repellant deals that you plug in the wall, 2 days they were gone. Worked like a champ. Haven't heard a peep & that was 4-5 months ago....
Victor is the brand, model # M690/M692.... Came from Lowes I believe.
Also, I bought the Black & Decker version for the house, they didn't do a damn thing regarding mice, but they did work on getting rid of insects....
Guess if it worked on mice, it should work on the rats. Good luck... :cool:
I was hoping that I would hear something good about these sonic repellent things... We discovered that we have a mouse in our trailer at the river. We put the poison out and the thing ate the whole damn box, leaving radioactive-green turds everywhere... Last time we were out there we saw it in the compartment under the stove. It was pretty sluggish, looked bloated and I'm pretty sure that the twitches might have indicated that it might have been in the throes of death:( . I'm not looking forward to going back next time and being knocked over by the stank of dead mouse.... I think we'll have to get one of those repellent things and hope that works to prevent this from happening again. Thanks for the info! ICK!:yuk:

Jyruiz
12-14-2006, 11:17 AM
I was hoping that I would hear something good about these sonic repellent things... We discovered that we have a mouse in our trailer at the river. We put the poison out and the thing ate the whole damn box, leaving radioactive-green turds everywhere... Last time we were out there we saw it in the compartment under the stove. It was pretty sluggish, looked bloated and I'm pretty sure that the twitches might have indicated that it might have been in the throes of death:( . I'm not looking forward to going back next time and being knocked over by the stank of dead mouse.... I think we'll have to get one of those repellent things and hope that works to prevent this from happening again. Thanks for the info! ICK!:yuk:
Just wondering, but if you saw it dying, why didn't you pick it up and throw it in the trash instead of leaving it there?

YeLLowBoaT
12-14-2006, 11:21 AM
no they don't work. all they do is keep them out of the open.

AvengerBabe
12-14-2006, 11:26 AM
Just wondering, but if you saw it dying, why didn't you pick it up and throw it in the trash instead of leaving it there?
well, the husband reached in there to get it and it climbed up behind the fridge. We reached some tongs in there as a final attempt to get it, but its tail ripped off (this is the time that I need a puking smiley). Trust me, we tried.... well, not "we" actually, I did a lot of cringing and staying around the corner--such a help!:hammerhea

Devilman
12-14-2006, 11:27 AM
Yeah, the poison deal sucks, cause they eat it & then go die somewhere usually where you can't get to them. Then you have to figure out where they went so you can get rid of the corpse. We'll were using the old fashioned snap-traps, but after getting ahold of these sonic deals, I put one out in the camper too. Seems to be doing the trick. Haven't found any evidence of any roaches, mice, etc.... Hope they work out for ya'll as good they have for us.:cool:
Your boat in an Avenger? Look anything like mine or is it a different kind of Avenger..... Just curious. :cool:

SHOTKALLIN
12-14-2006, 11:28 AM
where do you live c-2? are these field mice? A couple months ago I caught 2. I think they run in twos. my pest control guy gave me some bait and i put it on a sticky trap. got both of them within 8 hours. Sticky traps are cool because you get to torture them before the kill. :hammerhea Did I say that?

Devilman
12-14-2006, 11:29 AM
where do you live c-2? are these field mice? A couple months ago I caught 2. I think they run in twos. my pest control guy gave me some bait and i put it on a sticky trap. got both of them within 8 hours. Sticky traps are cool because you get to torture them before the kill. :hammerhea Did I say that?
Does stomping on them count as torture? LOL:skull:

AvengerBabe
12-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Your boat in an Avenger? Look anything like mine or is it a different kind of Avenger..... Just curious. :cool:
:( We just sold our Avenger two months ago-- in the market for a pontoon boat now. We had a '91 with a 225 Johnson. They are great boats!

C-2
12-14-2006, 11:50 AM
I live in Riverside against the foothills that seperate Norco/Riverside. That's part of the problem - the foothills behind us. Ever since the big rain a few years ago, these rats keep showing up in the attic. I've tried to find every entry point, but the fawkers must be like bees and a beeline since they always seem to find their way back.
Over the summer I saw some squirrels working over a rat - they fawked him up. Killed him and then took him back to their hole, it was pretty funny.
Those sticky traps are STICKY. We had a snake get caught up in one....I tried to free it and got that crap all over me.
I'm hoping the sonic dealios might work, climbing in/out of the attic is getting old.

moneypit
12-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Nice kill CB!!

little rowe boat
12-14-2006, 01:25 PM
I started using poison. It seems to work better.

YeLLowBoaT
12-14-2006, 01:26 PM
I started using poison. It seems to work better.
till they die in your wall and can't figure out where the smell is coming from...

little rowe boat
12-14-2006, 01:29 PM
till they die in your wall and can't figure out where the smell is coming from...
Never had the prob. because it makes them seek water, which is usually outside.

H20 Toie
12-14-2006, 01:54 PM
i have the sonic things in the garage and have never had a problem, need to put them in the motorhome also since i have had two rats get in there at different times

FREIND OF AA AND TA
12-14-2006, 03:12 PM
www.ratzapper.com End of story!!
Clean and fun!!!!!

77charger
12-14-2006, 03:22 PM
I get a few here and there they come in from an evergreen from a neighbor behind me then down the cable wire to house then along rain gutter to a vent below.I have tried steel wool they just move it over.Finally put expanding foam on any little hole worked everywhere but one damn vent.Seems like when i kill one it goes quiet for a month or 2 then another one decides to drop in
The only thing that stops them are the big traps suckers fall for it every time except one which took 2 weeks to kill even bought a bb gun and barely missed the bastard.But normally i get them the next day.Poison stuff sucks

termiteguy
12-14-2006, 03:35 PM
I get a few here and there they come in from an evergreen from a neighbor behind me then down the cable wire to house then along rain gutter to a vent below.I have tried steel wool they just move it over.Finally put expanding foam on any little hole worked everywhere but one damn vent.Seems like when i kill one it goes quiet for a month or 2 then another one decides to drop in
The only thing that stops them are the big traps suckers fall for it every time except one which took 2 weeks to kill even bought a bb gun and barely missed the bastard.But normally i get them the next day.Poison stuff sucks
seal up all the holes no matter how small they are stellwool and expanding foam together works the best they will chew thru foam if theres no steel wool in it.

riverliver
12-14-2006, 03:49 PM
Great Pic ...LOL

centerhill condor
12-14-2006, 04:51 PM
big snake will eat a rat a day!

centerhill condor
12-14-2006, 05:02 PM
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20931&d=1166066260
this is from jbb i think..

Jbb
12-14-2006, 06:12 PM
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20931&d=1166066260
this is from jbb i think..
Not from me...I do not like snakes....:supp:

Jbb
12-14-2006, 06:13 PM
I think that sumbitch is staring at me.... :mad:

boatnam2
12-14-2006, 11:32 PM
Clean and fun!!!!!
i used the rat zapper but never caught anything,maybe i already killed them all.was looking forward to seeing one zapped.i do have one in the wall i guess i will need to try the sonic deal.

photo chick
12-15-2006, 05:21 AM
Not from me...I do not like snakes....:supp:
I took that picture!

TAF
12-15-2006, 05:38 AM
I took that picture!
You tell 'em! Do we need to pay some one a visit:hammerhea :cry: :hammerhea

Thorsinc
12-15-2006, 07:00 AM
C-2,
Congratulation on catching your trespasser, I have one that I have been chasing for a few weeks, I was finally pushed over the edge when I saw that he was tearing up my palapa, that Fn rat bastard! I however have chosen a less humane way, big glue traps. As my little friend is taken it last dying breath I want him to know who did this to him!

BarryMac
12-15-2006, 07:24 AM
Trust me, we tried.... well, not "we" actually, I did a lot of cringing and staying around the corner--such a help!:hammerhea
Hmmm, I would've figured it to be the other way around, you killing the little bastard and man in the fetal position in the corner... :D :D

Ned S
12-15-2006, 07:25 AM
Many years ago my brother and I built a mouse zapper using some old erector set pieces and a old Model T coil. We designed ours open so we could watch the kill. The best bait was chunky peanut butter. And yes we were under the influence when we built it and were having so much fun we never applied for a patent. That thing with a fresh battery would almost set the little buggers on fire!

Trailer Park Casanova
12-15-2006, 07:40 AM
Dovetailing efforts with the neighbors, the big traps, some poison, nearly got it under control, finally cats tipped the scale in our favor.

Tom Brown
12-15-2006, 07:53 AM
You just need to get a cat, and when his job is done, just get a bigger trap, and snap his head off.
lmfao! :D

AvengerBabe
12-15-2006, 09:11 AM
Hmmm, I would've figured it to be the other way around, you killing the little bastard and man in the fetal position in the corner... :D :D
haha, yeah right... I don't do critters. He may be a dorky CPA, but he understands that if he doesn't do it, I'm going to have to request to get a new trailer-- one without a mouse! :D

C-2
12-15-2006, 10:07 AM
Ahhh....the plot thickens.
Seems like somebody lost his head.
So I go to take the trash out and while glancing into the garbage can, I see the rat in pic #1 on the bottom - WITH HIS HEAD ON. Don't ask, I have no fawking idea how the other rat head showed up at my feet.
But it appears the rats got me.
Rewind to Sunday evening and I hear the loud "snap" followed by some scurrying around. I thought cool, another one bites the dust. But when I went up in the attic and over to the trap area, all I found was some fresh blood. Blood scattered throughout the area, but not enough to track. All this was before the rat in pic #1.
Fast forward to last night and we're sitting in the dining room and I'm like....it smells like a dead animal in here!:mad: :mad: Yup, the bastard must have ran over to the ceiling area above the dining room and died. I have a sub-roof/vaulted ceiling in that area and can't get to it.
Phuck:hammerhea :hammerhea
Hey, who wants to come over for Xmas dinner?

SHOTKALLIN
12-17-2006, 10:12 PM
C-2,
Congratulation on catching your trespasser, I have one that I have been chasing for a few weeks, I was finally pushed over the edge when I saw that he was tearing up my palapa, that Fn rat bastard! I however have chosen a less humane way, big glue traps. As my little friend is taken it last dying breath I want him to know who did this to him!
Thats the best part. I like to stomp right next to the trap till they shit themselves. Each stomp they almost jump out of their skin.

Tom Brown
12-17-2006, 10:18 PM
I think that sumbitch is staring at me.... :mad:
Yeah. The eye follows me wherever I go! :2purples:
This thread is one of my all time favorites. Seriously. There is a lot of good work in here from C-2 on down. :D

Rexone
12-18-2006, 01:52 AM
Ahhh....the plot thickens.
Seems like somebody lost his head.
So I go to take the trash out and while glancing into the garbage can, I see the rat in pic #1 on the bottom - WITH HIS HEAD ON. Don't ask, I have no fawking idea how the other rat head showed up at my feet.
But it appears the rats got me.
Rewind to Sunday evening and I hear the loud "snap" followed by some scurrying around. I thought cool, another one bites the dust. But when I went up in the attic and over to the trap area, all I found was some fresh blood. Blood scattered throughout the area, but not enough to track. All this was before the rat in pic #1.
Fast forward to last night and we're sitting in the dining room and I'm like....it smells like a dead animal in here!:mad: :mad: Yup, the bastard must have ran over to the ceiling area above the dining room and died. I have a sub-roof/vaulted ceiling in that area and can't get to it.
Phuck:hammerhea :hammerhea
Hey, who wants to come over for Xmas dinner?
Don't worry. With the current temp range it should stop smelling by about Easter. :)

Wheeler
12-18-2006, 05:17 PM
Clean and fun!!!!!
I use "Rat Zapper" at the ranch, works better than, the Katz and poison.

THOR
12-18-2006, 06:05 PM
Nice.
Can you do the same thing to my neighbor's cat?

Jrocket
12-18-2006, 06:28 PM
Gophers...what about getting rid of gophers? I got one gopher that makes Caddy Shack look like childs play.This focker has turned my front yard into 4million hole gopher course!
Eats the poison like breath mints.:mad: