PDA

View Full Version : Got Ripped off on Ebay

Do F150's Float?
12-15-2006, 11:22 AM
I bought a data transfer cable for my phone from an e-bay store, something like 49K feedback with 99% positive, paid immediately through pay-pal, and never got the item, tracking #, nothing. It's only a $12 thing (no biggy, but still sucks). I opened a claim with Ebay and paypal, waiting on it right now.
Anyways, i guess i should have checked the guy's feedback. TONS of negative (hence the 99% and not 99.9% positive) saying "item never recieved" or "e-mailed seller, no response" :hammerhea I feel pretty dumb right about now... Better check out the feedback next time... :rollside:

Cheap Thrills
12-15-2006, 11:26 AM
Sorry to hear that. It happens all too often. I like looking at stuff on fleabay
but have a hard time bidding on anything due to just that.
I got taken for 2k on a fleabay deal years ago.
As far as the data cable for your phone goes,I found one for my Audiovox phone at Radio Shack you may luck up and find one there too.
Good Luck
T.

Do F150's Float?
12-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Sorry to hear that. It happens all too often. I like looking at stuff on fleabay
but have a hard time bidding on anything due to just that.
I got taken for 2k on a fleabay deal years ago.
As far as the data cable for your phone goes,I found one for my Audiovox phone at Radio Shack you may luck up and find one there too.
Good Luck
T.
Well the part that got me was... i bought the headphones for it the same day (another ebay store/power seller/whatever) that retail for like $29 for about $13 shipped. Got it the next day via usps! Same thing when i bought the 1G micro SD card - retails for $80, got it for under $40. Awesome deal. I would have bought the cable from the guy but he didn't have it. I was just being cheap because it wasn't stuff i really needed (i was going to use it as an mp3 player for the gym... that was really the only purpose). :mix:

FryJet
12-15-2006, 11:59 AM
What phone was the cable for and what seller was it?
F.J.

TrojanDan
12-15-2006, 12:00 PM
I got boned for $12 on ipod head phones on e-bay. Same as you, tons of good feedback then all of a sudden, tons of negative as I had already sent my money order instead of a personal check (he didn't accept paypal). I had a suspicion that it might be a bunk deal so I sent a money order from 7-11. Won the item for $.99 and $10 to ship (that f'n a-hole). E-bay did an investigation but the dude disappeared. I chalk it up to karma because I know fleas from a thousands camels will attack his ass one of these days. :hammerhea
Oh well, still tons of deals on there.

Do F150's Float?
12-15-2006, 12:13 PM
What phone was the cable for and what seller was it?
F.J.
It was for a samsung SGH-D807, seller was oem_wireless. He's still getting positive feedback on a daily basis, but like i said, if i had gone in and read the negatives... i wouldn't have bought from the guy. My dumbass maneuver, thank god for paypal! :D
I got boned for $12 on ipod head phones on e-bay. Same as you, tons of good feedback then all of a sudden, tons of negative as I had already sent my money order instead of a personal check (he didn't accept paypal). I had a suspicion that it might be a bunk deal so I sent a money order from 7-11. Won the item for $.99 and $10 to ship (that f'n a-hole). E-bay did an investigation but the dude disappeared. I chalk it up to karma because I know fleas from a thousands camels will attack his ass one of these days. :hammerhea
Oh well, still tons of deals on there.
The $.99 purchse price and $10 shipping is just used so they can save money on ebay fees, not always a scam :)

JetBoatRich
12-15-2006, 02:30 PM
I bought a data transfer cable for my phone from an e-bay store, something like 49K feedback with 99% positive, paid immediately through pay-pal, and never got the item, tracking #, nothing. It's only a $12 thing (no biggy, but still sucks). I opened a claim with Ebay and paypal, waiting on it right now.
Anyways, i guess i should have checked the guy's feedback. TONS of negative (hence the 99% and not 99.9% positive) saying "item never recieved" or "e-mailed seller, no response" :hammerhea I feel pretty dumb right about now... Better check out the feedback next time... :rollside:
My daughter had the same thing happem, same item:mad: Cable connects, but won't communicate:redface:

Rexone
12-15-2006, 03:25 PM
I do a fair amount on ebay and carry a 99.8% (due to one ahole that didn't ship me and I left him neg)...
anyway, lately in particular people have been getting phised emails posing bogus questions on auctions that aren't even mine that look like genuine ebay questions. Naturally they have the login links in email and prompt you to login to reply... waalah, they now have your login if you take that bait....
These aholes look for sellers with great feedback that have been inactive for a time, to prey on. Once they get a sellers login like this they post and sell a bunch of chit, collect the dough and never ship nothin, taint the real sellers account and split. Not sayin that's the case here but if the guy had steller feedback then a bunch of neg all of a sudden this could likely be the case. Seller may not even be aware its happening till its done.
I never login to ebay off an email inquiry, always go to my ebay login to login. Same shit goes on with phised emails from banks. Gotta be careful.

Do F150's Float?
12-15-2006, 03:39 PM
I do a fair amount on ebay and carry a 99.8% (due to one ahole that didn't ship me and I left him neg)...
anyway, lately in particular people have been getting phised emails posing bogus questions on auctions that aren't even mine that look like genuine ebay questions. Naturally they have the login links in email and prompt you to login to reply... waalah, they now have your login if you take that bait....
These aholes look for sellers with great feedback that have been inactive for a time, to prey on. Once they get a sellers login like this they post and sell a bunch of chit, collect the dough and never ship nothin, taint the real sellers account and split. Not sayin that's the case here but if the guy had steller feedback then a bunch of neg all of a sudden this could likely be the case. Seller may not even be aware its happening till its done.
I never login to ebay off an email inquiry, always go to my ebay login to login. Same shit goes on with phised emails from banks. Gotta be careful.
That was my initial thought as i've heard this happening too. I went back and looked - his negatives were 119 in the past month, 224 in the past 6, and 348 over the last 12. I really honestly should have checked it out better (my fault, i know). A few of the positive/neutrals said "slow shipper", which i understand. If you've got 49K feedback, you're probably pretty busy. :D But a lot of Never rec'd items should have been a clue :hammerhea

Rexone
12-15-2006, 03:46 PM
49K yeah i'd say a little busy lol.

voodoomedman
12-15-2006, 04:41 PM
This is a good site www.calcellular.com Cheap prices shipping is usually free and there shouldn't be any problems. They send out hundreds a day.

Rexone
12-15-2006, 05:09 PM
This is a good site www.calcellular.com Cheap prices shipping is usually free and there shouldn't be any problems. They send out hundreds a day.
via UPS no doubt. :D

voodoomedman
12-15-2006, 05:56 PM
via UPS no doubt. :D
:) Actually the really small inexpensive stuff goes post office but they do allright by me.