PDA

View Full Version : New Business anouncement- Quad and MX related.

mxbundy
12-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Hi guys,
Want to make an anouncement about my BIZ.
I have been making the replacement seat foams and covers for a company called Quad-Tech, for those of you in the know.
Bee
n doing this for about 2 years now. But I have decided to open up my own shop and web based buisiness, basically selling my own stuff that I allready make. The website is being built now and hopefully up and running in about 2 or 3 weeks.
But the thing that I am most excited about is that I just inked the deal to have the seat base molds made for the seat pans. Now I will be able to sell a complete seat that will go right on your bike with no mods. A-la SDG style. A first for Quads. The first bikes that I am targeting are the YFZ-450, 450R Fourtrax and the LTR-450 Suzuki. Waiting to get my hands on the new Kawi that is coming out so that I can start on the seats for that one also.
Will have the national coming out party at the Indy trade show in Feb. Will be available for sale around the same time.
Also gonna go down to Fla for bike week and pimp my stuff at the first 2 GNCC races that bookend the bike week activities.
These will not be the flame job and Iron Cross stuff but serious race style seats that offer the choice of stock height, Desert height (1.5 inchs taller and softer) or Race style with a step up portion on the back, Like Ricky Carmichael and some of the other pros run.
But in the mean time, if any of you guys would like a new seat on your Quads,
Give me a call, I have just about any bike and style of in Quads and several but not all new MX bikes. Will have a store set up on E-Bay pretty soon also.
I can e-mail you a list of the seats that I offer.
Lendon Smith aka mxbundy
THE SEAT FACTORY
951-941-0722

phebus
12-15-2006, 03:51 PM
Congratulations, and good luck.

Trailer Park Casanova
12-15-2006, 03:58 PM
The early yfz 450 seats are made outta concrete.
A softer seat would be a plus.
Cascade made a more comfortable replacement, but they sorta fell off the map a few years .

mxbundy
12-15-2006, 03:58 PM
Thanks Phebus!
I think sometimes I need this :hammerhea thow for starting this whole thing!

mxbundy
12-15-2006, 04:04 PM
Cascade made a more comfortable replacement, but they sorta fell off the map a few years .

Hustler
12-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Very cool. I'm a little confused though. Are you going to make bike seats also or just quad stuff?

bordsmnj
12-15-2006, 04:48 PM
if they are reasonably priced i'd go for one for a blue '04 yfz. desert race style. good luck with steppin' out! -jas

mxbundy
12-15-2006, 05:01 PM
bordsmnj,
PM sent!

mxbundy
12-15-2006, 05:08 PM
Very cool. I'm a little confused though. Are you going to make bike seats also or just quad stuff?
I had started to make molds for the steped seats that everyone is running, but got discourged when SDG came out with them first. I do have some molds made for the MX bikes, but they are all stock or tall, never finished the step molds.
bundy

RitcheyRch
12-15-2006, 05:12 PM
Good luck and congrats. I might also be interested in a seat for my '07 YFZ450.
Might be a good idea to advertise on a few of the quad message boards.

bordsmnj
12-15-2006, 05:38 PM
say, MX Bundy was that pm concerning a whole new seat or re doing the one i have now? i sent yuh a reply pm thinking the later.

advantage21
12-15-2006, 06:34 PM
mxbundy sent you a pm good luck on that venture on your own i have a quadtech seat and love it.

atomickitn
12-15-2006, 09:31 PM
hi there i need to get a seat redone for my hunny's suki quad , sumthing in pink ,or pink with black ..... pm me please , thanks :)

mxbundy
12-16-2006, 12:39 AM
Pm`s sent to everyone. Good night!
bundy

RitcheyRch
12-16-2006, 08:49 AM
mxbundy, Please let me know how much would cost for a seat for my '07 YFZ450.

mxbundy
12-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Good luck and congrats. I might also be interested in a seat for my '07 YFZ450.
Might be a good idea to advertise on a few of the quad message boards.
I havent went main stream yet because my web site isnt set up yet.
I thought that since their is a whole lot of us here that are off roaders I could hook you guys up and then later you guys would hopefully help me spread the word.:shift:
bundy

wsuwrhr
12-16-2006, 11:02 AM
I have seen MX's setup/process and his products are nice.
My Banshee's will all be running his seats.
Brian

mxbundy
12-16-2006, 11:08 AM
Thanks Brian,
Hey give me a call, I have some things that we need to discuss...:hammerhea Ha Ha just kidding, but I would like to talk to you, I have those parts that you need to do the reverse engineering on. Plus their is another project we talked about that is getting closer to being a go.
bundy

riverroyal
12-16-2006, 02:41 PM
Hi guys,
Want to make an anouncement about my BIZ.
I have been making the replacement seat foams and covers for a company called Quad-Tech, for those of you in the know.
Bee
n doing this for about 2 years now. But I have decided to open up my own shop and web based buisiness, basically selling my own stuff that I allready make. The website is being built now and hopefully up and running in about 2 or 3 weeks.
But the thing that I am most excited about is that I just inked the deal to have the seat base molds made for the seat pans. Now I will be able to sell a complete seat that will go right on your bike with no mods. A-la SDG style. A first for Quads. The first bikes that I am targeting are the YFZ-450, 450R Fourtrax and the LTR-450 Suzuki. Waiting to get my hands on the new Kawi that is coming out so that I can start on the seats for that one also.
Will have the national coming out party at the Indy trade show in Feb. Will be available for sale around the same time.
Also gonna go down to Fla for bike week and pimp my stuff at the first 2 GNCC races that bookend the bike week activities.
These will not be the flame job and Iron Cross stuff but serious race style seats that offer the choice of stock height, Desert height (1.5 inchs taller and softer) or Race style with a step up portion on the back, Like Ricky Carmichael and some of the other pros run.
But in the mean time, if any of you guys would like a new seat on your Quads,
Give me a call, I have just about any bike and style of in Quads and several but not all new MX bikes. Will have a store set up on E-Bay pretty soon also.
I can e-mail you a list of the seats that I offer.
Lendon Smith aka mxbundy
THE SEAT FACTORY
951-941-0722
does billy P know yet?

mxbundy
12-16-2006, 03:25 PM
does billy P know yet?
Yes of course I have talked it over with Billy.:argue:
No just kidding, but we have talked in great detail about this.
I originaly approached him about selling my stuff, at the time he was gluing a blank piece of foam onto the stock seat (in fact everyone in the industry was doing this as replacement foams were not available back then) and then shaping it by hand to make a taller than stock seat.
Flash forward to today, Billy is doing a tremendus job at selling the foams, but the other company`s that sell them are barely doing anything and the numbers that Billy is selling is not enough to base a whole business around.
He is going to continue to sell his stuff and I am going to sell mine. Their has never been any exclusive sales agreement between us ( but he has commissioned me to make molds that make his foams have a distinctive shape that is exclusive to Quad-Tech, I have not and will not ever sell a foam out of his molds except to him) , he has always known that I was selling the foams to other companys.(but not HIS foams)
So even though we will tecnically be competition for each other, he already has a strong sales identity and following of customers plus sponsored riders.
I do not intend to copy anything that he does and am in fact going out of my way to differintiate between our product lines.
When I get the seat base molds finished I will be assembeling complete seats for him that bear the Quad-Tech logo`s and his distinctive styling.
In fact when I go to the races down in Fla I am going with a trailer stocked with all his stuff ( Carbon fiber parts plus graphics etc. ) and will be a athorized Quad-Tech dealer and service his riders that do the GNCC.
Thanks
bundy