PDA

View Full Version : Who Hires Illegals?

Boatcop
12-16-2006, 07:20 AM
You can search for companies that hire illegal workers HERE! (http://www.wehirealiens.com/browse/index.asp)
Presented as a pubic serive for Americans.

TCHB
12-16-2006, 07:59 AM
1. Most builders in Havasu (Pools, Homes, Landscaping, Boat Builders, Concrete Work,).
The more relative question is who does not hire?

Froggystyle
12-16-2006, 08:12 AM
1. Most builders in Havasu (Pools, Homes, Landscaping, Boat Builders, Concrete Work,).
I don't... and it has cost me qualified labor on occasion.

bwillieb
12-16-2006, 08:13 AM
Anybody in the south that has a barn full of performance horses and the money to do it.

Kilrtoy
12-16-2006, 08:16 AM
pretty much anybody that uses manual labor

Froggystyle
12-16-2006, 08:21 AM
Again... not everyone. If it is an important subject to you, or one near and dear to your heart people should spend some time checking out the folks building your boats. You would be suprised at how many of you are supporting illegal workers with your purchases.

superdave013
12-16-2006, 08:31 AM
Not me. Looking out my office window right now I can see no less the 20 of those guys @ The Home Depot parking lot.
I also just kicked their roach coach out of our parking lot AGAIN.

Froggystyle
12-16-2006, 08:34 AM
Not me. Looking out my office window right now I can see no less the 20 of those guys @ The Home Depot parking lot.
I also just kicked their roach coach out of our parking lot AGAIN.
I am thinking there should be a "Made in America, by Americans" certification sticker on products. I don't know how you would regulate it, but it would be nice to have to show who really cares about the border situation and illegal immigration, and not just with their sentiments, but with their dollars as well.

phebus
12-16-2006, 08:36 AM
The problem is, most people would love to do away withh the labor illegal aliens provide, but very few want to pay what it would cost.

Froggystyle
12-16-2006, 08:50 AM
The problem is, most people would love to do away withh the labor illegal aliens provide, but very few want to pay what it would cost.
Agreed. But, like I said, if it is a subject that is important to you, and cost was relative there are ways you can make that statement. Mostly involving purchasing your products from companies that not only practice legal and ethical hiring and employment, but that are competetive price-wise with companies that aren't. You may see an increase in the quality of the product as well. Not neccessarily because of the quality of labor, but because of the quality of management. A company committed to the aforementioned practices is probably committed to a lot more than that. Customer satisfaction, ethical business practices, ethical insurance and banking etc...

SmokinLowriderSS
12-16-2006, 08:54 AM
Quite true.

RitcheyRch
12-16-2006, 08:59 AM
None working at the aircraft company I work for.

mickeyfinn
12-16-2006, 09:00 AM
Exactly. I don't have much of a problem with the average home owner hiring an illegal to clean up a yard or whatever. That said, I don't think its right for someone to profit off using illegal workers.
No difference. If you paid an illegal $50.00 to mow your lawn and someone legal would charge $100.00 then you made a $50.00 profit. Now trying to find someone legal to do it.

Screemy1
12-16-2006, 09:06 AM
If you eat any fruit or veggie.... you support illegals :( sorry to say, but no way around it.... unless I guess you grow your own.....

Wheeler
12-16-2006, 09:15 AM
None working at the aircraft company I work for.
A friend, was at KAJO last week. This friend was in need of an annual, he went to the first FBO he saw and they did not speak english. Needless to say, he found an FBO that spoke english.

Wheeler
12-16-2006, 09:17 AM
If you eat any fruit or veggie.... you support illegals :( sorry to say, but no way around it.... unless I guess you grow your own.....
And where do you think, the E-Coli bacteria might be originating.

RitcheyRch
12-16-2006, 09:18 AM
Need a security clearance to work where I do so cant imagine any illegals there. Although the roach coach workers could possibly be illegal.
A friend, was at KAJO last week. This friend was in need of an annual, he went to the first FBO he saw and they did not speak english. Needless to say, he found an FBO that spoke english.

Screemy1
12-16-2006, 09:20 AM
And where do you think, the E-Coli bacteria might be originating.
they poo poo in our greens...... yummy

Kilrtoy
12-16-2006, 09:22 AM
Again... not everyone. If it is an important subject to you, or one near and dear to your heart people should spend some time checking out the folks building your boats. You would be suprised at how many of you are supporting illegal workers with your purchases.
Unforuantely in this day and age, EVERY COMPANY IS SUPPORTING THEM even you, maybe not directly , but indirectly some company you do business with is employing a felon immigrant

Mr. Crusader 83
12-16-2006, 09:24 AM
why hire and american at $12 an hour, when you can have 2 mexicans for $12 an hour. i use them alot for doing tile demo.

Wheeler
12-16-2006, 09:25 AM
Need a security clearance to work where I do so cant imagine any illegals there. Although the roach coach workers could possibly be illegal.
The following link is, of Mexicans in flight. Flight did not last long (aft cg proplems) but "they worked very hard" at it!
http://airviolence.com/download.php?view.14

wsuwrhr
12-16-2006, 09:30 AM
SB Products is made in America by an American.
I use USA made products wherever I can.
USA tools, USA materials.
Brian

superdave013
12-16-2006, 09:31 AM
why hire and american at $12 an hour, when you can have 2 mexicans for $12 an hour. i use them alot for doing tile demo.
the one's here want 10 bucks an hour. I'll pay the extra 2 bucks.

wsuwrhr
12-16-2006, 09:32 AM
What kind of silly statement is this?
Did you read what you typed?
Brian

JB in so cal
12-16-2006, 09:35 AM
He use to work at Chueys, I think.:mix:

Froggystyle
12-16-2006, 09:41 AM
Unforuantely in this day and age, EVERY COMPANY IS SUPPORTING THEM even you, maybe not directly , but indirectly some company you do business with is employing a felon immigrant
There is a monster difference between indirectly supporting them because somebody in a different state uses them to package the glue I use in our seats and having them in your lamination department.
My billet is all built by Brian. Rex Marine builds a ton of my parts and supplies my hardware for the most part. My motors are built by Ron Munson and Ilmor Marine. My drives are built by Gary Smith and Bob Teague. My lamination is all done in house, my upholstery is hand-built by Mark Luhr who has one legal assistant. All upholstery parts are CAD cut by Dan Porter, also a 100% legal employer. Extreme trailers is 100% legal workers, and so is Bassani exhaust, Carson Brummett etc...
We support no company that has illegal workers. Any company known to support illegal workers loses my business. Period. One of the benefits for having 100% control of my company and it's sourcing is that I get to ensure this at every turn.

scooooter7
12-16-2006, 09:43 AM
This is right to the point!! Kinda like if you buy illicet drugs then you are indirectly supporting the drug cartels.

Kilrtoy
12-16-2006, 09:51 AM
I am pretty sure actually im positive you have a ton of shit in your house shop or anywhere you own something, that has stuff made by illegal aliens, HELL I DO, its called NIKE shoes and that is off the top of my head.....
Guess your ultra was made and stamped 100% american made by 100% americans
Shall I continue. Who made that couch you sit on or that bed you sleep in
or that stove you cook on...
If you think everything you own is made by 100% american's who are legal, you are sadly mistaken

LeE ss13
12-16-2006, 09:53 AM
Don't forget the skilled labor also.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/308DCP_1025b.jpg

Misogynist
12-16-2006, 09:54 AM
A tile contractor hired on one of my jobs had a bunch of illegals doing the demo on the old shower. The bumb-$hit illegals did more damage to the walls on the other side of the shower and the surrounding areas than they ever could have saved the contractor. The tile contractor got back charged for the plaster repair in the other room. The idiot mexicans could not have cared less that they were damaging the other room. What ever the tile contractor saved with their "cheap" labor cost him dearly with the damage they left behind. I won't let any contractors use any illegals on any of my work.

Froggystyle
12-16-2006, 09:56 AM
I am pretty sure actually im positive you have a ton of shit in your house shop or anywhere you own something, that has stuff made by illegal aliens, HELL I DO, its called NIKE shoes and that is off the top of my head.....
Guess your ultra was made and stamped 100% american made by 100% americans
Shall I continue. Who made that couch you sit on or that bed you sleep in
or that stove you cook on...
If you think everything you own is made by 100% american's who are legal, you are sadly mistaken
Actually, it wasn't. But I didn't run my mouth all of the time about how bad illegal immigrants are ruining our society either. I sold that Ultra though, and built a company from scratch that doesnt' support them. I can't speak for the ethics of any other company, just my own.
I am pretty sure that Nike's aren't built by illegal immigrants by the way. I am pretty sure they are 100% legal Thai, Chinese, Malaysian, Laotian, Cambodian or otherwise thoroughly oppressed but otherwise legal third world laborers.
And, I don't wear Nikes.
Lastly, I never said anything I own isn't... I said anything I build. I build boats. As a boat manufacturer I can say with 100% certainty that no part that I control the production of has been built with one ounce of illegal immigrant labor. That is the best I can do Miguel. Can you say that about yours?

CA Stu
12-16-2006, 10:02 AM
I buy New Balance shoes.
Why is unemployment still at record lows, I wonder?
I'm sorry (oops, that was Boatcop's thread), the thread on "Can I be an illegal too?" was totally ridiculous, man. You would trade your lifestyle, career, and security for working for minimum wage (and living in constant fear of deportation) for 5 years and a $2000 penalty? GMAFB.
Thanks
CA Stu

Froggystyle
12-16-2006, 10:04 AM
I buy New Balance shoes.
I'm sorry (oops, that was Boatcop's thread), the thread on "Can I be an illegal too?" was totally ridiculous, man. You would trade your lifestyle, career, and security for working for minimum wage (and living in constant fear of deportation) for 5 years and a $2000 penalty? GMAFB.
Thanks
CA Stu
Wearing NB right now in fact...

YeLLowBoaT
12-16-2006, 10:04 AM
I will not hire a illegal, I do report contractors that are when ever I see them.

Trailer Park Casanova
12-16-2006, 10:07 AM
I am thinking there should be a "Made in America, by Americans" certification sticker on products. I don't know how you would regulate it, but it would be nice to have to show who really cares about the border situation and illegal immigration, and not just with their sentiments, but with their dollars as well.
Remember when Wall Mart tried that?
So much PC and red tape to what you can actually call Made in America they shut the program down, pulled the signs from the shelves and bins.
USA Today did a big front page piece on the S#itstorm New Ballance Shoes flew through to simply state made in USA.

phebus
12-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Everyone is concerned about saving money on the front end, and that's why the ilegals prosper in this country, but what people don't see is the costs to society in general with increased health care costs, increased taxes, etc.

CA Stu
12-16-2006, 10:09 AM
So much PC and red tape to what you can actually call Made in America they shut the program down, pulled the signs from the shelves and bins.
I reckon Wal Mart is a bigger threat to the American way of life than immigrants are.
I do my damnedest to support smaller local businesses, they are the backbone of our country.
Thanks
CA Stu

Froggystyle
12-16-2006, 10:11 AM
USA Today did a big front page piece on the S#itstorm New Ballance Shoes flew through to simply state made in USA.
I think they have more to worry about from a political standpoint than I do. I may have Brian whittle me up a little billet plate for the back of the boat stating "Made in the USA, By Americans". Then, go stomp some weasels.

Mrs.Killer
12-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Can you say that about yours?
WEll I can say this, Im sure a helluva lotta shit i own is made or handled insome way or another by slave labor, legal or not and up to illegal aliens...
Atleast I understand that.
And that was a very cheap shot at DCB, especially since you are a competitor
The MR wrote that under the wrong name and too lazy to change it

wsuwrhr
12-16-2006, 10:30 AM
Thank you.
I wish more people would open their eyes.
"There is no such thing as a free lunch"
Everyone is concerned about saving money on the front end, and that's why the ilegals prosper in this country, but what people don't see is the costs to society in general with increased health care costs, increased taxes, etc.

YeLLowBoaT
12-16-2006, 10:40 AM
Lets not forget the american works that lost thier jobs or had thier wages drastically cut...

Froggystyle
12-16-2006, 10:43 AM
WEll I can say this, Im sure a helluva lotta shit i own is made or handled insome way or another by slave labor, legal or not and up to illegal aliens...
Atleast I understand that.
And that was a very cheap shot at DCB, especially since you are a competitor
The MR wrote that under the wrong name and too lazy to change it
Check Miguel's PM's. I covered this. Out of curiosity, what about being a competitor prevents me from discussing illegal employment? You heard the fine gentleman from up north state that not only does he not hire illegals, but he reports contractors who do. Is that the path I should take?
Let's face it... illegal workers in lamination departments is not the rarity, it is the norm. I get laminators in here all of the time looking for work. Hard working guys with good experience with all of the local builders. These are people I should hire... but they are illegal, have no green cards, no liscenses, and no bank accounts. I pass. I don't turn them in, and I don't burn their employers.
Lastly, you are not a builder. It is loosely your responsibility as a consumer to support companies whose ideals are in line with your own, but frankly the onus falls on the builders. I generally feel free to chuck rocks because my house is made of American-made resin infused uni-directional fiberglass. Even my fiberglass laminates are milled here in the US. I know the suppliers to these other companies, and they are used as a reason why I should switch to cheaper imported cloths and laminates. "Your clients will never know the difference, all of these other guys use Chinese laminates..." I will know the difference... that is all that matters.
Come down here any day and check ID's on my workers. Come look at my benefits packages, or the tax records for my company. Check the filters in my spray booth and look around to see the safety equipment people are wearing. Check for eye wash stations and hazmat lockers. See how many 1099 employees I have. Check out our work conditions, and check out the quality of the boat and the integrity with which we build them. Go out in the shop and talk to my guys about the standards they need to keep to work here. I am proud of the company we have built, and from loan fraud to illegal immigrants, one of the biggest payoffs I am going to have for building ethically and responsibly is that I am absolutely bombproof to cast aspersions on other builders.
So how is that a cheap shot? I think a cheap shot would be for me to say that while I support the same activity.

ratso
12-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Bump... I thought this was gonna be the thread of the day...:D

wsuwrhr
12-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Bump... I thought this was gonna be the thread of the day...:D
It sure fizzled out like a bum firecracker.
Perhaps someone thought they may catch a shard of glass.
Brian

Mrs.Killer
12-16-2006, 12:42 PM
Brian
No shit

RP2
12-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Check Miguel's PM's. I covered this. Out of curiosity, what about being a competitor prevents me from discussing illegal employment? You heard the fine gentleman from up north state that not only does he not hire illegals, but he reports contractors who do. Is that the path I should take?
Let's face it... illegal workers in lamination departments is not the rarity, it is the norm. I get laminators in here all of the time looking for work. Hard working guys with good experience with all of the local builders. These are people I should hire... but they are illegal, have no green cards, no liscenses, and no bank accounts. I pass. I don't turn them in, and I don't burn their employers.
Lastly, you are not a builder. It is loosely your responsibility as a consumer to support companies whose ideals are in line with your own, but frankly the onus falls on the builders. I generally feel free to chuck rocks because my house is made of American-made resin infused uni-directional fiberglass. Even my fiberglass laminates are milled here in the US. I know the suppliers to these other companies, and they are used as a reason why I should switch to cheaper imported cloths and laminates. "Your clients will never know the difference, all of these other guys use Chinese laminates..." I will know the difference... that is all that matters.
Come down here any day and check ID's on my workers. Come look at my benefits packages, or the tax records for my company. Check the filters in my spray booth and look around to see the safety equipment people are wearing. Check for eye wash stations and hazmat lockers. See how many 1099 employees I have. Check out our work conditions, and check out the quality of the boat and the integrity with which we build them. Go out in the shop and talk to my guys about the standards they need to keep to work here. I am proud of the company we have built, and from loan fraud to illegal immigrants, one of the biggest payoffs I am going to have for building ethically and responsibly is that I am absolutely bombproof to cast aspersions on other builders.
So how is that a cheap shot? I think a cheap shot would be for me to say that while I support the same activity.
Wes
I applaud your ethical stance. It is this type of business owner that stabilizes the bar for the less ethical ones.
Miguel
Again you start babbling about a topic you quickly loose ground on and try to re-direct your original stance by including household items, only to loose ground. You seems to always fall short in the intelectual arena when the two of you conflict on an issue. rolleyes:
I would back away from taking Wes on and find a more suitable advesary for your attempt at intelectual banter.

cxr133
12-16-2006, 12:54 PM
lol... my wife and i just had this conversation.
there ae a bunch of people at out local Home Depot waving American Flags and protesting illegals.
my wife felt its ok.. because "they come here to work"
i had to explain to her.. yeah but they dont pay taxes.. so we (she) pays for all their healthcare, childrens education..etc.

Froggystyle
12-16-2006, 01:13 PM
I am not trying to sit on a high horse here, but I think that if it is a subject you take seriously, there are things you can do with regard to your purchases to ensure that it doesn't happen on your stuff. Lean on your builders to use legal labor on your boat, if not everyone elses.
I personally had a tough time finding legal laborers for the wet laminations. That is one of the reasons (not the main one) why infusion was such a big deal for us and why we fought so hard to pioneer our method. I can find a work force for this, but the truly great wet laminators need to do it in the middle of the night for the most part... and not just because of weather.

Froggystyle
12-16-2006, 02:08 PM
Great idea, Froggy. I have done this for years and have had customers request I leave this off of my products. My response is "I don't need your business bad enough to compromise my standards or principles, come to think about it-> I don't really need your business at all. Order cancelled!".
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1394File0001.jpg
Rio
Something to think about. I don't want to be so hard about it though. The way I see it, people are making a choice. If they don't want it on their stuff than fine, I don't think they are requiring you to compromise standards or anything.
I am playing devils advocate here. I just think that with as powerful a lobby as we could be if we set our minds to it, we could bump up the quality of the labor force in our little corner of the world and improve the quality of life for people who do want to come in here and do a good job legally.
Believe it or not, we have had some really good folks come through here that were young guys looking for work. The cry that there is noone looking is bologny. Most of them don't have the first ****ing clue how to dress for a job interview, and few have had the work ethic neccessary to work here. One did, and he has been working his ass off for us. I don't know if we rubbed off on him or not, but after being here a couple of months he decided to join the Navy on a delayed entry program and try to become a SEAL. He left this morning for boot camp on Monday.
There are good guys out there, and they are working for normal wages. I will try to find them and hire them every time. I fire a lot of folks too though. I don't have much tolerance for shoddy work or lack of motivation.
I have had two guys that we hired then let go come back looking for work with a competely new attitude. After spending some time in the rest of the working world, they realized why I had let them go and came back changed for the better. Both have worked out great.
They are out there. You just need to actively look for qualified people and spend the time to train them.

Jbb
12-16-2006, 02:23 PM
Wonder if them stickers will say....Made in China on the bottom...:D

Rackman
12-16-2006, 03:40 PM
Our products are made with 100% American steel, by a 100% American workforce, and we are finding more and more that some people just don't care where it comes from, they just want it CHEAP!

Kilrtoy
12-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Wes
I applaud your ethical stance. It is this type of business owner that stabilizes the bar for the less ethical ones.
Miguel
Again you start babbling about a topic you quickly loose ground on and try to re-direct your original stance by including household items, only to loose ground. You seems to always fall short in the intelectual arena when the two of you conflict on an issue. rolleyes:
I would back away from taking Wes on and find a more suitable advesary for your attempt at intelectual banter.
Ok, Every last nut, bolt, screw made, shipped and so for in his product is made by a US CITIZEN...
Sorry NO IT IS NOT...just made in the USA
This will be my last post as WES always has to be right and will go to no ends of the earth to prove himself right at all cost even when he is not....
Last time I was at a place that I know he uses I was helped by someone who could not speak a word of English, but they are a US citizen, OK...

Jbb
12-16-2006, 03:47 PM
How bout a picture of some chicks with guns....:supp:

Kilrtoy
12-16-2006, 03:51 PM
How bout a picture of some chicks with guns....:supp:
Some of those guns were made by slave labor in foreign countries:supp:

Jbb
12-16-2006, 03:55 PM
Some of those guns were made by slave labor in foreign countries:supp:
Good point!...........:mix:

Froggystyle
12-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Ok, Every last nut, bolt, screw made, shipped and so for in his product is made by a US CITIZEN...
Sorry NO IT IS NOT...just made in the USA...
Prove one wasn't. You are claiming that some items on my boat aren't made by 100% legal labor. Prove it.
You want me to do the same with yours?

Froggystyle
12-16-2006, 04:28 PM
Been thinking about this one minute here...
How about this Miguel... you tell me which vendor of mine has employees that are illegal and I will confront them and request an employee audit.
If they indeed do have illegal immigrants working there I will dump them on the spot and find another vendor.
If you let me in on who you think it is, I will give you full credit on the forums and elsewhere. More importantly, I will do something about it. I have to the best of my knowledge weeded out all the vendors that were practicing illegal hiring and believe that to be the case today. If you give me reason to doubt that, call me out on it.
I wouldn't use "doesn't speak English" as a rule of thumb though. That is neither conclusive or fair. There are plenty of legal workers that don't speak a lick of English. Hopefully none of my vendors have them in customer service.
Ball is in your court. You show me the way and I will go take care of it.
I have zero problem explaining the switch to anyone who asks. Even at this stage of the game.

Nord
12-16-2006, 04:50 PM
My business is not on there..........

echo
12-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Ttt

tcook33
12-16-2006, 05:56 PM
Wes
Miguel
Great post! Very true in all aspects.:D

Trailer Park Casanova
12-16-2006, 05:59 PM
If I see Brown selling oranges on the corner, and I buy from him,, am I employing an illegal?

Froggystyle
12-16-2006, 06:41 PM
Kind of got quiet in here after that, huh?

H20 Toie
12-16-2006, 06:57 PM
I have plenty of times that i could make more money by hiring illegals, but it isn't going to happen. it is not just about the money

Froggystyle
12-16-2006, 07:02 PM
I have plenty of times that i could make more money by hiring illegals, but it isn't going to happen. it is not just about the money
It isn't even just a money thing with me... it was an availability of workforce. I would have been paying quite a bit of money for the illegal labor... it wasn't a cost savings in fact. But, the quality of work was superior to the available workforce with credentials... at least the ones that I ran across. I wasn't willing to hire illegally to suit my business model though, so I developed new technology that removed that lack of skilled labor from my business plan. Win Win. Better, stronger boat without compromising integrity just to get them built.

loudpipessavelives
12-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Last time I was at a place that I know he uses I was helped by someone who could not speak a word of English, but they are a US citizen, OK...
they may not speak english, but they do pay TAXES and contribute to society, and also the US does not have a national language because when people first emmigrated from other countries they didnt all speak english and the same is true today, it takes some time for people to assimilate into this country, and if they are legal i dont really care if they speak english well or not.

Scarab Jet
12-16-2006, 10:13 PM
I buy New Balance shoes.
Thanks
CA Stu
In defense of whoever wrote that thread... Who said that you have to trade your lifestyle, career and scurity for anything... Trust me... you can have both... alot of them do. And "constant fear of deportation"... You've got to be kidding me... these guys are demonstrating right across the street from INS office and still aren't picked up... They are not even afraid of INS agents anymore... It is a big joke... and when they catch them, guess what they do... they release them asking that they show up for their court date... ya right, and take a guess on whether or not they show up for their court date...

Rexone
12-17-2006, 12:50 AM
Some immigration statics you might find interesting.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135182

TCHB
12-17-2006, 06:50 AM
If we really wanted to stop illegal immigrant workers from coming into this country, it would be straightforward and simple: require a tamper-proof identity card for any applicant for a job in this country and impose stiff criminal penalties on employers who hire people who do not provide the requisite card.

wsuwrhr
12-17-2006, 11:00 AM
I agree, it is frustrating for people who care for the continuation of the way of life we have made for ourselves.
Our products are made with 100% American steel, by a 100% American workforce, and we are finding more and more that some people just don't care where it comes from, they just want it CHEAP!

wsuwrhr
12-17-2006, 11:04 AM
Kind of got quiet in here after that, huh?
It sure fizzled out like a bum firecracker.
Brian
No shit
Probably gearing up for a big finale.

wsuwrhr
12-17-2006, 11:33 AM
Wes,
I don't believe you checked for my papers when I signed on.
Brian
Prove one wasn't. You are claiming that some items on my boat aren't made by 100% legal labor. Prove it.
You want me to do the same with yours?

framer1
12-17-2006, 01:27 PM
I don't worry about it because our country wouldn't let anybody over the borders that wasn't legal:( Let me know if i'm wrong, isn't it the governments job to secure our borders:confused:

Troy McClure
12-17-2006, 02:15 PM
You’re kidding, right? This is a typical talking point for those trying to keep illegals (or Unions) working the U.S.
Simple economics tells us that the most skilled workers willing to work hard and do a good job will be those that are employed. That's IT. Union's tend to f- that up and not because employee's are being taken advantage of, but because it tends to support an "entitlement" type of work ethic. "I show up to work so I'm entitled to XXX" NOT, I show up, do a great job, and reap the rewards.
Want to work, make a good living? Then do it. Want to be lazy? Then do that. But don't make me pay the same wage to both of you!!

Bense468
12-17-2006, 03:42 PM
I could use a good carne asada burrito after reading this.

Redwing247
12-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Most of the restaurants in the fast food industry in this country have illegal aliens working for them.

Froggystyle
12-18-2006, 09:01 AM
Most of the restaurants in the fast food industry in this country have illegal aliens working for them.
Lucky for me we don't have any fast food restaurants included in the boat... ;)

Wicked Performance Boats
12-18-2006, 10:15 AM
What kills me is when someone says fast food restaurants would be closed without illegals. Who do you think did it before them? Americans! I try not to hire or support illegals. I think all Americans should support that effort. Maybe the quaility will go up!. Budlight

Moneypitt
12-18-2006, 10:23 AM
If the government wanted to they could sieze businesses/assets that hire illegals under the RICO statute. An on going illegal enterprise! Exactly what the law was written to combat...........MP

catman-do
12-18-2006, 11:06 AM
I personally dont have a problem with someone being illegal and wanting a job. Its better then the punk fockers that are here legally steeling props off boats and threatening us at bars etc... Most illegal mexicans are very nice, hard working people. Any one person in here is supporting it in one way shape or form by some product they buy whether for personal or business usage. More or less, you go to Glamis, you support illegals. Damn near all the people working min wage jobs in brawley or el centro are illegal citizens. Now has anyone thought about the people that are hear on wok visa's? They are not legal citizens, but they are legal to work here and go back over the border at night. Many people from the border cities do so.

Froggystyle
12-18-2006, 11:13 AM
I personally dont have a problem with someone being illegal and wanting a job. Its better then the punk fockers that are here legally steeling props off boats and threatening us at bars etc... Most illegal mexicans are very nice, hard working people. Any one person in here is supporting it in one way shape or form by some product they buy whether for personal or business usage. More or less, you go to Glamis, you support illegals. Damn near all the people working min wage jobs in brawley or el centro are illegal citizens. Now has anyone thought about the people that are hear on wok visa's? They are not legal citizens, but they are legal to work here and go back over the border at night. Many people from the border cities do so.
I have guys here on work Visas... no problem with them at all. That is called "legal" employment.
I don't have a problem with illegal immigrants either. I just don't support hiring them illegally.

hickz3
12-18-2006, 11:43 AM
The US government and it's contractors hire illegals.
Lookie here
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/121506U.shtml

abraman1326
12-18-2006, 11:44 AM
This debate goes on and on. I wish there was something the myself, as 1 US citizen could do. I e mailed, faxed, and called all of my political representatives to let them know my stance in Illegal Immigration. Down w/ it. Secure our borders. It seems that since the big uprising over the summer, this has died down. I believe politicians believe that if it isn't spoken of in public, it'll go away. Well after seeing some very scary #'s, we need to do something now. We can't wait. I believe we should support American Made by American's. But it'll never happen, and my kids, and grandkids will be paying the price.
I saw something very distrubing the other night. I was watching the show "30 days," and it had a member of the Minute Men who lived w/ an illegal family for 30 days. He went so far as to see where they came from. Now, their home in Mexico was a shanty. (Actually, a shanty is giving it too much credit) This man ended up feeling sorry for these people and sympathising w/ them for their struggle. Now, I am a human being, and really feel for these poor citizens of other countries, but come on. They came here illegal, they are draining our society. Their daughter had been accepted to a University. Now, how do you think that's being paid for, our tax dollars. (I am all for bettering yourself, but who the hell is she to be using my money to do it. I could use that money to better my own children.) She even hinted on having their guest help pay her tuition. The illegal immigrant hits us on so many levels, it really scares me. sorry, rant over...
BRA

ratso
12-18-2006, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE=catman-do;2299923]Most illegal mexicans are very nice, hard working people. QUOTE]
I do agree with that statement 100%... I have quite a few that come in to my place and buy cars, usually with a relative that has an ID and SS# to get it titled. They also 99.9% of the time come in with cash, and if you sell one of them a car, they are gonna help you sell 5 more down the road to other friends and family members. They work hard, save their money, and don't blow it on bullshit and put everything on credit cards like your "typical American citizen. Now on the other hand, I'd say roughly 75% of blacks and whites that come here can't buy shit because of bad credit. Almost every black, first thing outta their mouth is "How much a month" or "Do you finance"? The whites, same damn thing except they got a grandparent or parent conned into signing a note for them.

Biglue
12-18-2006, 12:15 PM
Many if not most illegals are here to work. The life they endure creates their work ethic. Basically if you don't work you don't eat. The problem is that many of them aren't educated past a 6th grade level. Ignorance is high and their thrive for bettering themselves is even higher. Combine that with the ignorance and they aren't realizing that what they are doing is illegal. They cannot fathom the public cost for their actions. Getting here legally is actually not that hard a thing to do, they just don't have the education or knowledge on how to go about it.
There's a car wash I have taken my cars to ever since I owned one and they tried doing away with what looked like illegals (they could be legal, who knows). They hired young kids and guess what happened. The turn around with them was immense. The customer satisfaction dropped and before you knew it the illegals/Mexicans were back. During this time a full carwash was $16 for a truck. In my mind It was $20 because of the tip I left after breaking that $20 dollar bill. I had one of those young kids give me a look like "keep it coming". That would be a 25% tip for dinner which would be considered quite generous. After sharing my experience I would say that some if not most of the jobs the illegal/legal immigrants "are taking from our youth" is better done by them. Reasoning behind that is the border brother doing the job does the job because he depends on that income and tips to feed his family vs. the 18-20 year old having a job for whatever that age range does with that money now a days. If they don't have a job, mom and pops are a back up. Not the case with the immigrant. Just and observation and my .02. This does not mean I'm making excuses for the illegal population either.

meaniam
12-18-2006, 12:15 PM
the easiest way for some company to exploit this system is to use temp services. fact is a majority of temp service in southern california knowningly hire illegal or forged documented workers, knowing damn well what they are doing. until the system steps up to temp services, any attempt to correct the problem would be bullshit

Biglue
12-18-2006, 12:20 PM
the easiest way for some company to exploit this system is to use temp services. fact is a majority of temp service in southern california knowningly hire illegal or forged documented workers, knowing damn well what they are doing. until the system steps up to temp services, any attempt to correct the problem would be bullshit
You're way off. I use several temp agencies out here in the south bay and that just isnt the case.

meaniam
12-18-2006, 12:52 PM
lue it make me sad to have read what you wrote. as me being younger i would have a diffrent take on what you have said. and the other part i disagree with is that illegals are not smart enough to figure out how to do things the right way, or about the damage it cuase. you only have to tell a 6th grader something is wrong once. and they would understand, as far as becoming legal. they niether car or it is to much work or maybe they wouldn't qualify to do things right. i have seen alot of illegal work which requires it to be redone a second time the quality is not better. the owners just feel like it is cheaper. and lue. you know for a fact as a manger i am way off. that means you are involved directly since day one with the agency, and you know for a fact all the workers are legal. maybe your company was one of the few. that refused to work with a temp service and told the service if undocumented workers were sent to your company. you would no longer need their services. i have personally worked at a company. where ins has raided and took 1 1/2 buses out of illegals. the only ones left were managment and like 10-15 people. and we were all full time the rest were all temps. my grandfather who is now dead, also use to use temp services to hire illegals. he didnt need to worry about paperwork and he was off the hook. several machine shops have had raids same shit. i have seen all this in my 10 years of working. so i must be full of shit. that or really lucky i have been involved in the only cases where this has happened. now from talking to you when my brother was laidoff. i know your company pays well. or decent. there by i dought your company uses much 8 dollar an hour workers. and that not just anyone could walk in and be an operator. and im sure it is to costly to train a temp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman-do
i just disagree with you all together. no need to address you seperate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratso:
I do agree with that statement 100%... I have quite a few that come in to my place and buy cars, usually with a relative that has an ID and SS# to get it titled. They also 99.9% of the time come in with cash, and if you sell one of them a car, they are gonna help you sell 5 more down the road to other friends and family members. They work hard, save their money, and don't blow it on bullshit and put everything on credit cards like your "typical American citizen. Now on the other hand, I'd say roughly 75% of blacks and whites that come here can't buy shit because of bad credit. Almost every black, first thing outta their mouth is "How much a month" or "Do you finance"? The whites, same damn thing except they got a grandparent or parent conned into signing a note for them.
it sounds like you maybe fairly knew to car sales as a buissness, that or maybe you are latino. but if not as time goes on you'll learn the same thing as i did. and it is this. if you are not latino and a solid speaking immigrate comes to you to purchase a car with a bag full of money (and they do). they will insist on a spanish speaker only and in most circumstances will only speak to there kind. and that maybe fine. you maybe okay with a turn. but try this and see if it levels your field. tell them that you are the only one that can help them. and you will do the best to get them a great deal. but if they cannot accept that. they must leave. and usually they would turn to my hispanic buddy and try to talk to them. and he would tell them there was no choice, and he would not or could not help them. then it was a miricle they spoke english or someone in the group did. then when it came to the deal i would get a spanish speaking finance guy in there. as all paper work need to be in spanish from there on. i recived alot of referals from my immigrate customers. i didnt belive in hello to's. and if they were to good for me. my lot was to good for them. and management stood behind me on that 100%

meaniam
12-18-2006, 12:53 PM
keep in mind lue. i said companies looking to exploit. im sure you wont come on here stating your company exploits its workers

meaniam
12-18-2006, 01:06 PM
Been thinking about this one minute here...
How about this Miguel... you tell me which vendor of mine has employees that are illegal and I will confront them and request an employee audit.
If they indeed do have illegal immigrants working there I will dump them on the spot and find another vendor.
If you let me in on who you think it is, I will give you full credit on the forums and elsewhere. More importantly, I will do something about it. I have to the best of my knowledge weeded out all the vendors that were practicing illegal hiring and believe that to be the case today. If you give me reason to doubt that, call me out on it.
I wouldn't use "doesn't speak English" as a rule of thumb though. That is neither conclusive or fair. There are plenty of legal workers that don't speak a lick of English. Hopefully none of my vendors have them in customer service.
Ball is in your court. You show me the way and I will go take care of it.
I have zero problem explaining the switch to anyone who asks. Even at this stage of the game.
hell yeah way to go. froggystyle!
even if it was made in mexico. and imported to the US. then taxes were paid to or goverment. i would love to see all things american made. but i would except, brought to america legally

Biglue
12-18-2006, 01:24 PM
lue it make me sad to have read what you wrote. as me being younger i would have a diffrent take on what you have said. and the other part i disagree with is that illegals are not smart enough to figure out how to do things the right way, or about the damage it cuase. you only have to tell a 6th grader something is wrong once. and they would understand, as far as becoming legal. they niether car or it is to much work or maybe they wouldn't qualify to do things right. i have seen alot of illegal work which requires it to be redone a second time the quality is not better. the owners just feel like it is cheaper. and lue. you know for a fact as a manger i am way off. that means you are involved directly since day one with the agency, and you know for a fact all the workers are legal. maybe your company was one of the few. that refused to work with a temp service and told the service if undocumented workers were sent to your company. you would no longer need their services. i have personally worked at a company. where ins has raided and took 1 1/2 buses out of illegals. the only ones left were managment and like 10-15 people. and we were all full time the rest were all temps. my grandfather who is now dead, also use to use temp services to hire illegals. he didnt need to worry about paperwork and he was off the hook. several machine shops have had raids same shit. i have seen all this in my 10 years of working. so i must be full of shit. that or really lucky i have been involved in the only cases where this has happened. now from talking to you when my brother was laidoff. i know your company pays well. or decent. there by i dought your company uses much 8 dollar an hour workers. and that not just anyone could walk in and be an operator. and im sure it is to costly to train a temp.
Not saying it does not happen. There are many companies that deal with the same compettive market and keep illegals working to survive. Not making any excuses or denying any reality.
Illegals aren't educated Mike, I also said they're ignorant to our standard of society. To you and I, it seems simple. Go to the proper Gov't Building, get the process started. To them that is a fairly scary deal. If you're ignorant you aren't mentally trained (educated) to come up with a thought process as such. Gov't in Mexico isn't exactly an inviting entity, especially if you're uneducated.
keep in mind lue. i said companies looking to exploit. im sure you wont come on here stating your company exploits its workers
I didn't think you would call me to defend such a situation but here you have it. We're in the process of acquiring a small machine shop that does some mods to a product line we offer. Come to find out their employees are illegals and the lead person is here on a visitor's visa. The value the leadman adds in that part of the business is significant but we cannot hire him. We have told him he needs to get his documentation in order if he wants to be hired by us. We are willing to take this machine shop and their processes and learn them from scratch over hiring an undocumented worker. My company does not hire undocumented workers. Period. Even at our expense as in this case. Have you any idea what it's going to take to get that new department (machine shop) up and going here at our plant? Yet we chose to do it by the book.
BTW, I've known illegals who have better spelling and grammar skills than you. :supp:

meaniam
12-18-2006, 01:49 PM
I didn't think you would call me to defend such a situation but here you have it. We're in the process of acquiring a small machine shop that does some mods to a product line we offer. Come to find out their employees are illegals and the lead person is here on a visitor's visa. The value the leadman adds in that part of the business is significant but we cannot hire him. We have told him he needs to get his documentation in order if he wants to be hired by us. We are willing to take this machine shop and their processes and learn them from scratch over hiring an undocumented worker. My company does not hire undocumented workers. Period. Even at our expense as in this case. Have you any idea what it's going to take to get that new department (machine shop) up and going here at our plant? Yet we chose to do it by the book.
BTW, I've known illegals who have better spelling and grammar skills than you. :supp:
Thanks for pointing out my grammar. :mix:
Lue.
Keep in mind that I did state from talking to you, on the phone about work for my bro. That I understand that your company values its employees. Your company does things by the books, and payes it employees well. Which there are many companies out there that does the same. but on the other hand, my point was there are many that do the other. I pointed out one way they do it. I in no way meant to bash you or your great company.
Lue i even capitalized for you:mix:

sdpm
12-18-2006, 01:59 PM
Any of you here with the "Buy American" own a boat,jet ski,motorcycle etc? Does your boat have a Mercruiser or Mercury engine? Built and assembled in Mexico. If you own a Chevrolet it very well could have been built in Mexico or Canada. Hell, Avacados don't even come from the USA any longer. Get off your HIGH HORSES!

Boatcop
12-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Any of you here with the "Buy American" own a boat,jet ski,motorcycle etc? Does your boat have a Mercruiser or Mercury engine? Built and assembled in Mexico. If you own a Chevrolet it very well could have been built in Mexico or Canada. Hell, Avacados don't even come from the USA any longer. Get off your HIGH HORSES!
This isn't about outsourcing or products we use being built in other countries.
It's about employers who willingly hire illegals to work in their businesses, thereby encouraging more illegals to come here.
Obviously, my line of work doesn't hire illegals. On the contrary, we have turned literally hundreds of them over to the Border Patrol in the last year, where they were promptly sent back to where they came from. (no "Catch and Release" over here) Including a few illegal Canadians. (You listening, Brown? :D)
We also arrest a significant number for crimes committed. Although most are for no drivers license, DUI, and other traffic related incidents, a good number are for theft, drugs, burglary, assault, child molesting, etc. We have one in jail right now, charged with attempted murder in the stabbing of a local citizen.
Oh yeah...... My Tahoe was built in Texas.

ratso
12-18-2006, 02:24 PM
Dude... you missed the whole point of this thread.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
12-18-2006, 02:34 PM
Not true. My avocados come from my back yard. We never buy them. :D :D

sdpm
12-18-2006, 02:50 PM
No I didn't. I understand what everyone is saying. Some people here on this thread are saying that they will not support companys that use illegals. Some on here are saying they only buy product built in America by Americans. Someone here said something about all the workers down in Imperial Valley that are pickers are illegals but do they still eat fruits and vegitables? Is your gardner legal? If you know of someone that is using illegals do you turn them in?

YeLLowBoaT
12-18-2006, 02:57 PM
? If you know of someone that is using illegals do you turn them in?
yes i do. to INS, IRS, FTB and BoE...if they are a contractor I also contact the contracting board...
yeah I'm a Ass hole... So what...

Froggystyle
12-18-2006, 03:47 PM
No I didn't. I understand what everyone is saying. Some people here on this thread are saying that they will not support companys that use illegals. Some on here are saying they only buy product built in America by Americans. Someone here said something about all the workers down in Imperial Valley that are pickers are illegals but do they still eat fruits and vegitables? Is your gardner legal? If you know of someone that is using illegals do you turn them in?
My least favorite creature on the planet is the whiner. They see someone else with a great deal (usually me) and go complain about it. Instead of trying to work hard to figure out what they did to get the great deal, they go leverage this supposed oversight into getting the whole program shut down. It has happenned to me a million damn times. You have some good work schedule and someone who doesn't complains... next thing you know you have to change your schedule because people complained.
I am not going to turn anyone in. They have their deal, I have mine. But I will be damned if I am not going to promote the fact that I practice legal hiring in an industry filled with people who don't. I will encourage people to come by the shop, and if you want an audit of my employees, I will give it to you. If you think you see someone in here who isn't legal, or who you know isn't, I will prove to you that they are. The way I see it, that is the only way I can share the onus of responsibility. If other manufacturers don't want to, that is fine as well. I also encourage you to come down and check up on your boat's construction. Crawl around the bilge for a while and see the depth of the detail work. Do your homework. I think that at the end of the day I am going to be able to use quality, integrity and performance to sell my boat. The price will just be what it is. I don't anticipate being able to compete in the entry level market as a result. I am fine with that. The playing field is not level, and in a world of compromise, I won't. (I borrowed that little line from H&K... ;) )

wsuwrhr
12-18-2006, 06:25 PM
I buy USA grown vegetables all the time. Where the hell are you shopping?
Brian