PDA

View Full Version : Toyota or Volkswagon dealer.....

NOTALENT
12-16-2006, 10:17 AM
Anyone know somebody who knows somebody on either a new Toyota Scion or VW Jetta???? Friend is looking to buy this weekend....any help?

EmpirE231
12-16-2006, 11:13 AM
I got a decent hookup at lexus :) my girl just got a new IS.... good deal! lemme know if you want the info.

BreastManWins
12-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Scion's way better quality-wise. Don't ever buy German unless it has a warranty. Once the warranty expires on any German car you're gonna hate life.

carreraelite
12-16-2006, 01:35 PM
http://www.timmonsvw.com/en_US/
Or P.M. Beetlejuice here...it's his dealership.....

HammerDown
12-16-2006, 01:37 PM
... Once the warranty expires on any German car you're gonna hate life.
This is more or less what my research showed also. Not many owners want the car when the warranty goes away.

NOTALENT
12-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Scion's way better quality-wise. Don't ever buy German unless it has a warranty. Once the warranty expires on any German car you're gonna hate life.
I have heard very little about the SCION, but have been hearing lots of great things on the Jettas....Saftey, reliability etc.. I hear you about after warranty....them parts for the cars are expensive!
I dont think she can afford a Lexus, or doesnt want to....

Big Kahunaa
12-16-2006, 01:55 PM
toyota is the way to go vw's will nickle and dime you to death

LLGirl
12-16-2006, 02:12 PM
I have heard very little about the SCION, but have been hearing lots of great things on the Jettas....Saftey, reliability etc.. I hear you about after warranty....them parts for the cars are expensive!
I dont think she can afford a Lexus, or doesnt want to....
Keep in mind, Scion is not a model (ie: Jetta), it is the brand. They have three different models right now xA, xB and tC (more coming soon). I work for Toyota/Lexus/Scion HQ. But sorry, can only get deals for family members.

NOTALENT
12-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Keep in mind, Scion is not a model (ie: Jetta), it is the brand. They have three different models right now xA, xB and tC (more coming soon). I work for Toyota/Lexus/Scion HQ. But sorry, can only get deals for family members.
Arent they buit by toyota though?

LLGirl
12-16-2006, 04:19 PM
Arent they buit by toyota though?
Yes, just as Lexus is. I was just pointing out that it isn't a Toyota Scion (as in Volkswagon Jetta), but rather Scion xB etc... Your friend will have three different Scion models to chose from (I vote for the tC - cool little car!)

RitcheyRch
12-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Ditto that.
If didnt have my ultra reliable Honda Civic I would be driving a Scion xB.

JB in so cal
12-16-2006, 04:25 PM
PM RacecarHotshoe about his oppinion on Jetta's. Saved he and his wife's ARSE!!!

TCHB
12-16-2006, 04:26 PM
Toyota for sure.
VW not even close.

djunkie
12-16-2006, 04:29 PM
Are you guys kidding me. Scion a well built car? :confused: Well maybe they're built ok for a tin can.

BreastManWins
12-16-2006, 04:42 PM
Nobody makes a better car than Toyota (which includes Lexus and Scion brands). Reliable, inexpensive to operate, decent price on repairs and parts. Long term low cost of ownership.
Xb is "discontinued" - well, they're coming out with a new/refreshed body style. It's a very popular car as is their Tc

LLGirl
12-16-2006, 04:53 PM
Xb is "discontinued" - well, they're coming out with a new/refreshed body style. It's a very popular car as is their Tc
Correct, although there may be some xB's still on the lot that they're trying to get rid of to make way for the newest model. the tC is def a great car, quick too (as far as inexpensive, stock cars go!).

djunkie
12-16-2006, 05:01 PM
I agree that a Toyota is great on the reliability aspect but that Scion is as tin canny as a VW bug.

98 Vector 21
12-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Scion has a Buyprice a no haggle aproch....Dealers cant not discount or inflate Scion pricing for stock vehicles....

Broke_Richard!
12-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Looking for a Scion??? Contact Harry Handy at Scion of Huntington Beach. Tell him you got his name from Clint and he'll take care of you.
714-847-8555
Good Luck

ROZ
12-17-2006, 01:34 AM
Scion has a Buyprice a no haggle aproch....Dealers cant not discount or inflate Scion pricing for stock vehicles....
Correct... I like the coupe.. There is a supercharger for it that puts it at 200hp... I changed my mind once my uncle told me he can't do a family deal on them... I need an 07 Tundra anyway :D