PDA

View Full Version : Oaks Christian!!!!

hallett21
12-16-2006, 07:48 PM
oaks christian wins STATE YEAH OC!!!!!!:)

moneypit
12-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Clauson is a man among boys. To bad Riddell may quit.

BigDoug
12-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Is Wendell Tyler's boy the running back still ?

moneypit
12-16-2006, 11:26 PM
Yes but he had a broken leg a few games back... SC bound

TheLurker
12-17-2006, 12:52 AM
Yes but he had a broken leg a few games back... SC bound
Wendell Tylers son is going to SC? AUGHHHHHHHH!!!!!
I wonder if he can hold on to the ball any better than his dad>:clover:

BigDoug
12-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Wendell still has strong ties to UCLA and his son is going to USC !!!!!
Wendell is a close friend of mine, i even worked for him for a little while, he is now selling homes and dabbles in alot of other things too to make money. :)

moneypit
12-17-2006, 09:45 AM
Yes and Clausen is going to be the QB at Notre Dame next year. Ive seen this kid play many times and he will run the boards in College. He's that good.

98 Vector 21
12-17-2006, 12:19 PM
Clausen got some talent for sure...

Redwing247
12-17-2006, 02:50 PM
Canyon won State div I................:)

TrojanDan
12-17-2006, 03:20 PM
Clauson is a man among boys.
That's because he IS a man. He's 19 years old still playing in HS. WTF? :hammerhea
Enjoyed watching the game yesterday on TV. It was very entertaining. He threw three picks in the first half. Cardinal Newman played played pretty good pass defense limiting Clausen to 11 completions in 22 attempts. We'll see what this badass does next year. :sleeping: Oh yeah, I hate the :clover:

Riomouse911
12-17-2006, 05:32 PM
That's what can happen when a H.S. can recruit...shenanighans!.. Sorry, I'll never root for a De La Salle, Mater Dei, Oaks etc... It's too much like college football.. let the kids be kids.

moneypit
12-17-2006, 05:50 PM
That's what can happen when a H.S. can recruit...shenanighans!.. Sorry, I'll never root for a De La Salle, Mater Dei, Oaks etc... It's too much like college football.. let the kids be kids.
The problem is that it can't be stopped, especially when Privates can do what ever they want. They need to have privates play privates.. that's the only solution that I can see.

moneypit
12-17-2006, 05:51 PM
That's because he IS a man. He's 19 years old still playing in HS. WTF? :hammerhea
Enjoyed watching the game yesterday on TV. It was very entertaining. He threw three picks in the first half. Cardinal Newman played played pretty good pass defense limiting Clausen to 11 completions in 22 attempts. We'll see what this badass does next year. :sleeping: Oh yeah, I hate the :clover:
He was held back twice. I think both times were before he got out of Elementary

totenhosen
12-17-2006, 05:58 PM
The problem is that it can't be stopped, especially when Privates can do what ever they want. They need to have privates play privates.. that's the only solution that I can see.
Apparently you have never heard of Artesia, Dominquez, or Taft.

totenhosen
12-17-2006, 06:00 PM
Unfortunatly he is still within CIF rules as being eligible.

TrojanDan
12-17-2006, 08:47 PM
Sort of. He started kindergarten at 6 and repeated the 6th grade. His two older brothers were Div 1 football players so his parents knew what they were doing. :messedup:

a catered life
12-18-2006, 07:59 AM
yea they should when their allowed to dam near run a high school draft:hammerhea

Not So Fast
12-18-2006, 08:44 AM
All I know is that when Mater Dei was in the So.Coast League some years ago,they were way too dominant. My sons went to El Toro and even though the glory years were gone ( The Johnson era, Bob, Brett & Rob, that won everything) we were still pretty good in sports all around but we were beaten (most of the time, baseball had one victory against them) like a drum when we played M.D. They had an excellent sports program I admit but the recruiting was very unfair. They just needed to play other professional high schools. And dont forget So Coast included Capo & Mission Viejo so we were not a weak league by a long shot but not compared to M.D. :( NSF

Riomouse911
12-18-2006, 09:35 AM
MD, De La Salle etc.. are great sports factories, and their kids have a better than average shot at going pro when compared to the "local" H.S. kids Yes, Inter-District transfers happen, allowing student X to go to school Y because their programs are better, but most of the kids on these teams are living within their assigned areas. I heard back when Anaheim HS was a power, their coach was challenged by Mater Dei's coach.. and the Anaheim coach said it best, "We'll play your team when you play with kids that all live in a two-mile radius of your campus." Of course MD couldn't do that, so they never played. It's like a Pac-10 team with a multi-million dollar recruitment/scolarship budget playing a local JC, the JC is at a huge talent disadvantage.
All that said, Oaks is a good school, they played against a good team, and won. Congrats!

BADAXE
12-18-2006, 09:42 AM
I thought Aaron Corp of Orange Luthern was by far the best QB of the day. I think he out classed Clausen by a mile. Oaks Christian plays in a weak Div. 11 league and are good but not as good as all the hype. Without the run threat of Marc Tyler, Clausen is much less effective.

a catered life
12-18-2006, 09:57 AM
fair is fair while oak's might be a really good team their practices of recruiting for a season is bull...a child doesnt even have to go to that school after football season is over...and i'm sorry but this is what contribuites to the likes of a TO, AI and others who have talent but are spoiled by the system

mbrown2
12-18-2006, 09:59 AM
I thought Aaron Corp of Orange Luthern was by far the best QB of the day. I think he out classed Clausen by a mile. Oaks Christian plays in a weak Div. 11 league and are good but not as good as all the hype. Without the run threat of Marc Tyler, Clausen is much less effective.
Agree 100%...the QB for Orange LU looked great!
Clausen is great to just did not have a great day.

mbrown2
12-18-2006, 10:07 AM
fair is fair while oak's might be a really good team their practices of recruiting for a season is bull...a child doesnt even have to go to that school after football season is over...and i'm sorry but this is what contribuites to the likes of a TO, AI and others who have talent but are spoiled by the system
Although it being wrong can be debated, they are not the only ones....this has been happening at religious schools since at least the 80's from my memory....Bishop Amat was recruiting the crap out the SG Valley and IE...most of their great athletes were not local and the families received reduced rates or had help to make the $$ tuition....Mater Die, Servite, Crespi and NotreDame all did it....
Now CIF has lessened the rules, years ago, that apply to give more power to the parents on where their kid goes to school. At least it makes it a little easier for so called public schools to recruit as well and compete against the private....I don't think the schools/recruiting create the TO's of tomorrow, that is parents, bad coaches, poachers and street agents....lots of class acts come out of these schools if they have the right guidance at home.
As for holding your kid back to mature and have a shot at a division 1 title school when he is a Sr., sign me up cause I would play within the rules to my advantage to get the best exposure and shot for my kid, IF he enjoyed playing the game.
Sports in Highschool, is big business and you have to plan ahead to succeed at it....just like education.....you don't start thinking about getting your kid into Harvard or MIT when they are enrolling as Freshman in Highschool.

moneypit
12-18-2006, 10:30 AM
you don't start thinking about getting your kid into Harvard or MIT when they are enrolling as Freshman in Highschool.
I agree.
Its also funny when Clausens name comes up that the "recruiting" word comes up. His father sought out the best opportunity for his kid. It happened to be Oaks Christian. Anyone would (or should) do the same for their child as well. Jealously comes into play also. ALot of jealous smack talkers involved. They cose Oaks purely becuase they felt that they would give them the best opportunity for education and athletics. WHo wouldnt?

CPBRIAN10THMTN
12-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Amen! I Give Credit To Those Public Schools That Aren't Recruiting From Halfway Across The State And Don't Have A Ton Of Money Like Oaks Christian, De Lasalle, Etc..... They Are Doing It With The Talent They Have. As Far As Clausen Goes, Sure He Played An Ok Game, Of Course He Is Going To Get The Spotlight, Hes The Starting Qb For A Private School That Hasn't Lost In 47 Games. I Would Not Go As Far To Say He Played A Great Game, Cardinal Newman's Qb Liddle Played A Better Game Than He Did Statistically And Played With More Heart In My Opinion. As Long As There Are Big Money Privates In The Picture Publics Will Always Be In There Shadow. Lots Of Credit To Newman For Knocking Down To Big Teams To Make There Way To This Game And Then Putting Up A Fight To A Team That Has Never Come This Close To Losing, Cheers To The Underdog! Excellent Game.

mbrown2
12-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Amen! I Give Credit To Those Public Schools That Aren't Recruiting From Halfway Across The State And Don't Have A Ton Of Money Like Oaks Christian, De Lasalle, Etc
I would have to say De Lasalle was one of the better TEAMS I have watched...as for recruiting, if they are doing it they are not doing it like the others....None of their players had a lock on a Div 1 scholarship as of the night of the championship which leads me to believe they are a bunch of good high school players....not a bunch of hand picked all americans..

eliminatedsprinter
12-18-2006, 01:34 PM
You have a good point there Willie.
When I went to Public School my H.S. was a sports powerhouse, but that was because there were 1,302 students in my graduating class. Competition was fierce to get spots on teams when several hundred guys were going out for them. Those of us who made it got friendly with our teachers etc, but no way did we get the kind of percs/ breaks that the kids who now play for the schools that recrute "texas style" from all over the state now do.

That Guy
12-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Interesting article this weekend in the LA Times (I think it was Sunday's paper) that wasn't too complimentary on Clausen or his school....anyone else see it?

TrojanDan
12-18-2006, 05:18 PM
....Bishop Amat was recruiting the crap out the SG Valley and IE...most of their great athletes were not local and the families received reduced rates or had help to make the $$ tuition....Mater Die, Servite, Crespi and NotreDame all did it....
My little brother played at Amat from the fall of 91-94 (I wish he was recruited :D, he'd be my meal ticket). Lots of guys went to Div 1 college programs during these years (and currently in the NFL). It seemed the CIF Div 1 Final always had Mater Dei, Loyola, or Amat in it. I wouldn't say these athletes came from the IE but mainly within the SGV.
When their coach Mark Parades got lured away from Amat to JW North in Riverside is when the program went down. Coaching private schools is a double edged sword. You can offer the coaches more money but you can't guarantee them a retirement. Public Schools on the otherhand can offer CalPers (or whatever the teacher's retirement is) as well as a competitive salary. I don't know how the coach at Mater Dei could coach this long at this school. It must come down to loving his job and his school. Or get paid a ton.
I enjoy HS Football and following player's careers through college. I remember watching Concord Del La Salle play Mater Dei in preseason at the Big A back in 97 or 98. Those two programs looked awesome, like watching college teams. Del La Salle won that game.

TrojanDan
12-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Interesting article this weekend in the LA Times (I think it was Sunday's paper) that wasn't too complimentary on Clausen or his school....anyone else see it?
I watched the game and read the article. I don't think Oaks Christian starters were use to playing beyond halftime because they were usually up by 40 points already.

a catered life
12-19-2006, 10:33 AM
You have a good point there Willie.
i do?:eek:

eliminatedsprinter
12-19-2006, 01:14 PM
i do?:eek:
Not that point Willie.:2purples:

boatnam2
12-19-2006, 01:36 PM
so who did they beat to win state?

eliminatedsprinter
12-19-2006, 02:23 PM
so who did they beat to win state?
Oaks Christian beat Cardinal Newman in OT. for the DIII Title.
Orange Lutheran beat Palo Alto for the DII Title.
Canyon beat De La Salle for the DI title (De La Salle was picked by many to be the nations #1 H.S. team).

beach gomer
12-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Hey Dan what about Los Alamitos.They seem to be always playing for the D-1title,plus Barns has the most wins in OC history.