PDA

View Full Version : Schiada step bottom, 24?

bigq
12-18-2006, 12:53 PM
IS this a 24'? Anyone know the story on the step like why they only nade a few...performance issues?????
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/107schiadastep.jpg

zerotollerance
12-20-2006, 06:57 AM
sweeeeet rides....keep the pics coming please.
Going through withdrawals during this cold snap:mad:

schiadastan
12-20-2006, 12:56 PM
Schiada built a couple of 24 with steps they all worket very good.
We put inserts in the mold that we still have, but with out building a new mold we had to turn the boat up side down and do a lot of finish work.
When we build a new 24 mold we will have the same steps in it.
Schiada's new 28 that we are working on will have almost the same bottom.
Thanks;
Schiadastan

bigq
12-20-2006, 09:39 PM
Schiada built a couple of 24 with steps they all worket very good.
We put inserts in the mold that we still have, but with out building a new mold we had to turn the boat up side down and do a lot of finish work.
When we build a new 24 mold we will have the same steps in it.
Schiada's new 28 that we are working on will have almost the same bottom.
Thanks;
Schiadastan
Thanks Stan, how long till you do a new mold? This might be a sin, but would you take something like the one shown and open the bow up?:( or would it be better to find one already done, which seems rare.

schiadastan
12-21-2006, 09:16 AM
Yes we can turn a closed deck into a crawl thru. It's all up to you we can do any thing that's why we are a custom shop. I have a 24 here that is a
crawl thru it looks just like spudwig's 24 it has hyd steering 380 k planes imco box it has every thing on it you pick the motor, it has a merc.525 in it now.
We just moved out of the Torrance location to a bigger place in
Long Beach (glass shop) are rigging shop is in Van Nuys not to manny peaple know that. We are going to build a new 24 mold as soon as we can lay up a plug out of the old mold, with well be very soon. We can still put steps in the old mold if you like it's up to you.
If you need any more info you can email me at
schiadastan@aol.com
Thanks
Stan

blackcloud75
12-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Stan,
Many thanks to You, Lee and the rest of the crew for all our hard work...
I never knew how many compliments I would get on my 24.....it is funny to see everybody's jaw hit the ground when the engine hatch opens or they look under the dash......that is much to be said for ability and dedication to the Schiada Brand.......again thanks.
Cory Cisneros
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1453schiada.JPG

SPUDWIG
12-22-2006, 12:52 PM
I second that comment. Stan, you Lee, and the entire team at Schiada consistantly deliver top notch workmanship. You make all of your customers very proud to be at the helm!! Schiada's Rock!!!
Don Ludwig

blackcloud75
02-02-2007, 12:22 PM
check this out.....http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139624

Brady
02-05-2007, 02:26 PM
River 06 041.jpg"

Racey
02-05-2007, 04:28 PM
The non-step V-drive 24's are one of the best performing boats imo, they do need extensive bottom work like stan said, but they handle the rough water like you wouldnt believe.
They are a killer boat, i would like to see one with a step deck, more like a 21 or 22, it would give you a ton of head room in the cabin, but they are cool just the way are.

Dan Lorenze
02-06-2007, 03:48 PM
rigging shop is in Van Nuys not to manny peaple know that.
Todd is a true talent.. You guys are lucky to have such a great rigger working on your boats....