PDA

View Full Version : what SUV to buy?

TexasChopper
12-18-2006, 05:32 PM
I am going to get a new SUV next week, and have my choices down to 4. Does anyone have any of these, if so can you pass along your likes/dislikes
1. 06 Hummer H2 SUT
2. 07 Denali
3. 07 Tahoe LTZ
4. 07 Avalance LTZ
Thanks for any light you can shed

Riverat84
12-18-2006, 05:36 PM
my family has a yukon xl, and its awesome! the 5.3 is a great engine IMO... a friend's parents have the h2...and im a detailer....h2's are a bitch to wash and dry!..they hold water in places that u never thought existed...i think all are great and compatible, but that's my only beef....hope this helps...

Froggystyle
12-18-2006, 05:48 PM
This is pretty close to my old list. I ended up keeping my truck...
"lightning" on the forums just got a Denali... loves it. Common concensus was the the H2 was for soccer moms, The Avalanche is still an avalanche, and the Tahoe is pimp too.
I would get the Denali, but there is no Photoglou for GMC's so that is out.
So, the Tahoe it is! :D

GrapeApe
12-18-2006, 05:58 PM
This is pretty close to my old list. I ended up keeping my truck...
"lightning" on the forums just got a Denali... loves it. Common concensus was the the H2 was for soccer moms, The Avalanche is still an avalanche, and the Tahoe is pimp too.
I would get the Denali, but there is no Photoglou for GMC's so that is out.
So, the Tahoe it is! :D
I got your "Soccer Mom" right here...!!! ;-)

Jbb
12-18-2006, 06:00 PM
Brown sez.......Kia....

Riverkid
12-18-2006, 06:02 PM
The H2's really like new front hubs at about 50-60K or so, too... :rolleyes:

wfoflat
12-18-2006, 06:03 PM
Tahoe or Denali both are great! Good luck

YeLLowBoaT
12-18-2006, 06:12 PM
if your planing on towing anything your not going to like the 5.3...

TexasChopper
12-18-2006, 06:15 PM
my ....h2's are a bitch to wash and dry!..they hold water in places that u never thought existed......
funny you mention that as I was thinking it would, and I wash my cars a lot

707dog
12-18-2006, 06:15 PM
go with the denali w/ all-wheel drive and that 6.2 will get the job done for sure!! that suv is a animal!!

Boatcop
12-18-2006, 06:17 PM
The Tahoe LTZ has the same features as the 'Sclade and the Denali. You can get it with leather, Nav, DVD, rear camera, and all the other bells and whistles.
When you're driving it, you couldn't tell the difference between the 3. The only real differences are the front clip, badges and the price.
And as was said, Photoglou can set you up with the LTZ at a fraction of the 'Sclade or Denali sticker.

Jbb
12-18-2006, 06:20 PM
The Tahoe LTZ has the same features as the 'Sclade and the Denali. You can get it with leather, Nav, DVD, rear camera, and all the other bells and whistles.
When you're driving it, you couldn't tell the difference between the 3. The only real differences are the front clip, badges and the price.
And as was said, Photoglou can set you up with the LTZ at a fraction of the 'Sclade or Denali sticker.
Are you saying the seats and interior trim level are the same as the Escalade?

beaverretriever
12-18-2006, 06:31 PM
I know its not on your list, but we have been really happy with our 06 Durango. We have a Hemi with leather, and DVD system, auto hatch (best part of the truck).
We had one problem with the first one but Dodge got it fixed.
We looked at the H2 for my wife but she thought it was much too big.
We have had 3 SUVs including the Durango. An 02 BMW X5 and an 99 Chevy Tahoe.
My wife and I like the Durango the best so far. It is such a great riding vehicle. It tows our boat like there is nothing back there.
Im a Chevy truck guy, but we couldn't be happier with the Durango.
The stock Alpine stereo is AWESOME.
The new Hemi that shuts down cyls gets good mileage and is very powerful.
It rides better than our BMW did, plus it has the best turing radius I have ever seen.
I wasnt a fan of the looks origianally but grew on me.
The Durangos are under 40k too. Leaves some room for some nice wheels and tint.. LOL.
The only negatives of the Durango; the doors feel a little light and cheap. Thats about it.
Good luck.
BTW, we are looking at a new black 07 with some black 24"s. I was bummed we just bought the 06 about 11 months ago and now they put a better frontend on.. LOL

707dog
12-18-2006, 06:35 PM
hell if it packin all that chit thats not a bad deal..the ltz have a 6.2 and all wheel drive also??

spectras only
12-18-2006, 07:28 PM
I would get an Escalade , since that's the one with the shifter on the console. Can't stand column shifters ,hence I own a Navigator ;)
Plus I like the THX system that Lincolns have.

charlyox
12-18-2006, 07:39 PM
I have an 07 tahoe LTZ loaded. Great SUV.

speedneeder
12-27-2006, 11:59 AM
I believe there are substantial differences between the denali and the tahoe-
6.2, all wheel drive, 6 speed trans stand are the big ones.
The leather on the denali is much nicer and wraps the entire seat not just the seating surface.
Much nicer overall interior trim package. On the test drives it even seemed to insulate the exterior noise better.

BajaMike
12-27-2006, 12:09 PM
I am going to get a new SUV next week, and have my choices down to 4. Does anyone have any of these, if so can you pass along your likes/dislikes
1. 06 Hummer H2 SUT
2. 07 Denali
3. 07 Tahoe LTZ
4. 07 Avalance LTZ
Thanks for any light you can shed
Did you buy something yet?? How much weight do you tow??
:idea:

TheCarDudes
12-27-2006, 12:19 PM
I bought my wife the 07 Denali. Being in the car business on the wholesale side, I have my opinions as to what the best car to buy is a few years down the road too.
We tested the Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon XL Denali, and Escalade ESV.
The Denali was by far the best choice and value. The 6.2L motors has so much horsepower and torque that it is amazing. 6 sp auto trans makes the shifts almost unnoticeable. The only true contender at this point was the Escalade but it had too much of a "cushy" Cadillac feel. The Denali is set up with more of a "sporty" suspension and feels much more responsive on the road. I didn't even have to get as far as making the decision based on price.
The Denali is absolutely the best choice. I felt that I was also given an unbiased opinion since the dealer group that I bought it from not only are my best client, they carried both lines of vehicles.

TexasChopper
12-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Did you buy something yet?? How much weight do you tow??
:idea:
I have decided to forgo another 900 a month payment for now, and get a Jeep. Money left over will = a boat in the spring so I can really join the ***boat club!!:) :) :)

RandyH
12-27-2006, 01:47 PM
The Full time all wheel drive in the Denali has some issues. And they are Gas suckers. My Wife has one and I have one in the company fleet for a salesman. They are always in for repair for front diff or tansfer case work. And the steering pulls slightly on hard acceleration.
I would go 3/4 ton 6 liter with the XL . 3:73 rear diff. with autoride. I just wish they would dress up the interior like the Denali.
RandyH

Buster
12-27-2006, 02:04 PM
I believe there are substantial differences between the denali and the tahoe-
6.2, all wheel drive, 6 speed trans stand are the big ones.
The leather on the denali is much nicer and wraps the entire seat not just the seating surface.
Much nicer overall interior trim package. On the test drives it even seemed to insulate the exterior noise better.
Yep, just went through this same decission about 2 months ago. Test drove all of them. Thought I wanted the Tahoe but it just could not compare to the Denali. The new trans and 6.2 engine tow my boat like it nobody's business.
I'm sure the cadi does as well but I could not see myself driving one..
Just my .02

wright27
12-27-2006, 02:40 PM
They are all a piece of shit. Especially the hummer, 11 mpg with a 6500 tow capacity, weak.
I bought the Denali. It has been in the shop more than out of the shop. Only 4000 miles and on my second computer system, nothing but problems. I can only hope one more time so I can go lemon law.
Sorry for being negative.

dumbandyoung
12-27-2006, 02:50 PM
dude buy a rav4 or a kia sorento.. those SUVs are some of the raddest machines an the road... should be a pull 33' DCB with twins no problem.