Just thought you guys should know.
Brian

OGShocker
12-19-2006, 09:18 AM
UPS would have had it to you by know!
This message brought to you by Voodoooman. :D

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 09:19 AM
I would have picked UPS given the choice.

Hardly Satisfied
12-19-2006, 09:23 AM
My camera is due from being repaired.
I can't wait.
Just thought you guys should know.
Brian
did you get a tracking number to see were it is at now

Jack $hit
12-19-2006, 09:30 AM
Was it made in the USA??????
Jack

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 09:34 AM
The camera was repaired in USA. New York.
Please show me a camera made in the USA. I will sell mine and buy it, Today,
along with my TV, computer and I am sure, all of my home electronics.
Next year I will sell my Japanese machining center and buy a HAAS. Even the PC boards are stamped "Made in USA"
I can't wait for that either.
Beleive me, if I have the choice available to me I will pick made in USA.
Brian
Jack

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 09:35 AM
I missed delivery yesterday.
I hope I will be here everyday for the rest of the month.

superdave013
12-19-2006, 09:36 AM
so is this camera made in the USA? :D

superdave013
12-19-2006, 09:37 AM
Jack
damn you, you beat me to it!

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 09:38 AM
so is this camera made in the USA? :D
Repaired in USA, does that count? haha
Ill s-p-e-l-l it out for you SD. You shit disturber.
It is a Fuji, doubtful it is made in the USA. Please send where I can find a digital that is. I will buy it today.
Brian

wsuwrhr
Keep laughin retards.
You will be the first in line looking for work.

wsuwrhr
I can never tell who is serious

Hardly Satisfied
12-19-2006, 09:39 AM
I missed delivery yesterday.
I hope I will be here everyday for the rest of the month.
it never fails when you are waiting for something to come you are home all day a when you are gone for some reason you miss Fedex

wsuwrhr
I hear a truck...

spectras only
Could have been a Kodak model ? They're in Rochester NY .:idea:

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 09:40 AM
yes sir.
it never fails when you are waiting for something to come you are home all day a when you are gone for some reason you miss Fedex

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 09:41 AM
I hear a truck...
False alarm

superdave013
12-19-2006, 09:41 AM
The camera was repaired in USA. New York.
Please show me a camera made in the USA. I will sell mine and buy it, Today,
along with my TV, computer and I am sure, all of my home electronics.
Next year I will sell my Japanese machining center and buy a HAAS. Even the PC boards are stamped "Made in USA"
I can't wait for that either.
Beleive me, if I have the choice available to me I will pick made in USA.
Brian
to bad that HAAS won't last as long as what you have now has lasted. All the shops around me call them 5 year machines. Work good for 5 years then become a money pit. Shop next to me the HAAS guy over there at least once a week. Their 20 year old Okuma's just keep on going.
Let me know when you trade up and I might take that Jap crap off yer hands.
Hey, my Bandit was USA made. New in 1982 and is running parts right now. :)

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 09:42 AM
Could have been a Kodak model ? They're in Rochester NY .:idea:
But are their cameras made in USA?
I am serious.

superdave013
12-19-2006, 09:43 AM
But are their cameras made in USA.
I am serious.
so you are buying one of those today then? :D

voodoomedman
12-19-2006, 09:47 AM
Nice!!! :D

voodoomedman
12-19-2006, 09:48 AM
I would have picked UPS given the choice.

Jack $hit
12-19-2006, 09:49 AM
Keep laughin retards.
You will be the first in line looking for work.
I think you need to get laid, your too uptite.
Jack

superdave013
12-19-2006, 09:51 AM
Jack
he's not that tight. :D

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 09:51 AM
I have a friends shop on a 6 year HAAS, and I talked him into a second one on two years now. Both running strong. Course I am the one reponsible for them.
You are first in line for my Kitamura. I will breed my own competition. I told you this would be the perfect machine for you.
I see the HAAS outlasting the Kita. The older HAAS had serious problems with the servo motors. The newer ones don't seem to have the same problems. All in how the machines are treated.
I don't run the piss out of them either.
Brian
to bad that HAAS won't last as long as what you have now has lasted. All the shops around me call them 5 year machines. Work good for 5 years then become a money pit. Shop next to me the HAAS guy over there at least once a week. Their 20 year old Okuma's just keep on going.
Let me know when you trade up and I might take that Jap crap off yer hands.
Hey, my Bandit was USA made. New in 1982 and is running parts right now. :)

spectras only
12-19-2006, 09:52 AM
But are their cameras made in USA.
I am serious.
I'll check it out . They use german optics [ like Sony and Panasonic] in their high end product. I work for Kodak [ formerly Creo ] and their product is improving rapidly as we speak .

Rexone
12-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Fed ex just delivered some Asian made camera to my shop. I have no idea who it belongs to cause the box is too crushed to make out the sender's or recipiants name. :confused:

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 09:54 AM
always my first and second choice

superdave013
12-19-2006, 09:54 AM
I'll check it out . They use german optics [ like Sony and Panasonic] in their high end product. I work for Kodak [ formerly Creo ] and their product is improving rapidly as we speak .
I've installed equipment at both a Kodak and Creo plant. Creo's was easy if I recall. The Kodak guys were picky picky picky. Polariod was even worse.

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 09:56 AM
I get laid any day I want except three days a month.
What else you got pal?
Brian
Jack

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 09:57 AM
Could be mine....I'll be there in a few.
Cooler is stocked up right? I like Sobe's
Brian
Fed ex just delivered some Asian made camera to my shop. I have no idea who it belongs to cause the box is too crushed to make out the sender's or recipiants name. :confused:

spectras only
12-19-2006, 09:57 AM
SD , what Creo plant you were at ?

superdave013
12-19-2006, 10:01 AM
SD , what Creo plant you were at ?
can't really remember as it was a pretty long time ago. Either in NY or Mass. I remember they were really nice there. They bought some equipement that we build but someone else was in the middle of it. They screwed up the install and I was sent out to straighten things out.
It was an Adwest Thermal Oxidizer unit.

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 10:08 AM
How did that work out for you?
They screwed up the install and I was sent out to straighten things out.

spectras only
12-19-2006, 10:15 AM
Had plants in Boston Mass and West Virginia . The oxidizer prolly went to WV where the thermal plate manufacturing was . We were partners with Kodak and used KPG thermo plates for proofing. We're now one big happy family :D

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 10:16 AM
Still waiting on the info.
Had plants in Boston Mass and West Virginia . The oxidizer prolly went to WV where the thermo plate manufacturing was . We were partners with Kodak and used KPG thermo plates for proofing. We're now one big happy family :D

OGShocker
12-19-2006, 10:18 AM
Nice!!! :D
You still have my address for the CHECK?!!:D

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Still waiting. They show up at 8:30 when noone is home, and still not here when someone is. Bastards.

spectras only
12-19-2006, 10:27 AM
Still waiting on the info.
Never had a Kodak camera [ ex Canon tech here ;) ] ,so bear with me for a while to find the info :D .
These commercial units were developed right here , but could be a bit pricey for the average photographer ;) :D
http://graphics.kodak.com/global/product/digital_photography/default.htm

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Developed right here?
That is a long way away from being made in USA.
Never had a Kodak camera [ ex Canon tech here ;) ] ,so bear with me for a while to find the info :D .
These commercial units were developed right here , but could be a bit pricey for the average photographer ;) :D
http://graphics.kodak.com/global/product/digital_photography/default.htm

spectras only
12-19-2006, 10:38 AM
Developed right here?
That is a long way away from being made in USA.
Vancouver is only 27 miles from the US border :D
Besides , you don't fix consumer digital cameras anymore .They become obsolete in one year

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 10:39 AM
Well at 10:30, I have to start work at some point. Dammit. Phone is ringing off the hook from custumers checking on their part(s) status.
Sure as shit as soon as I go out into the garage, the jackass(es) will show up, ignore the sign I put on the door and take off with my camera, for the second time.
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 10:40 AM
Tease.
I figured you were full of shit.
I guess I have to stay with the Fuji.
Vancouver is only 27 miles from the US border :D

spectras only
12-19-2006, 10:45 AM
Brian , I recommend Canon over Fuji . Canon developed IR autofocus before anyone else and their technology is the best by far . Get a digital reflex cam with an Ultrasonic lens !

superdave013
12-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Tease.
I figured you were full of shit.
I guess I have to stay with the Fuji.
make your own camera. All ya need is a film plate and a box with a pin hole in it.
That's one of the first things you learn in Geometrical optics class.

Trailer Park Casanova
12-19-2006, 10:49 AM
Leica,, is that correct?

wsuwrhr
I bought this camera probably in 2000, has been flawless up until
NOT ME/I DON'T KNOW used it, and broke the zoom lens.
But back to the subject at hand. You teased me with USA made digital cameras, to which I challenged with "name one, I'll buy it"
So.....?
Brian
Brian , I recommend Canon over Fuji . Canon developed IR autofocus before anyone else and their technology is the best by far . Get a digital reflex cam with an Ultrasonic lens !

Sleek-Jet
That's what you get for using a shipping company that flies French airplanes... :D
Seriously, can't you will call it and then go down to pick it up at the shipping center??

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 10:50 AM
Like anyone else worth their salt. I make what I am best at and purchase what I am not.
I'm not saying I couldn't, but that isn't what I do.
Brian
make your own camera. All ya need is a film plate and a box with a pin hole in it.
That's one of the first things you learn in Geometrical optics class.

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 10:54 AM
I sure can, but it the drop point is in Fontana, available after 6.
2 problems. Daylight savings time, citizens not legally allowed to arm themselves. I choose to stay out of Fontana after dark.
Brian
That's what you get for using a shipping company that flies French airplanes... :D
Seriously, can't you will call it and then go down to pick it up at the shipping center??

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 10:55 AM
BTW, I asked for UPS. I was told they use FEDEX.

Trailer Park Casanova
12-19-2006, 10:57 AM
http://images.panasonic.com/static/models/dmc-fz7k.jpg
Under 300 bones at COSTCO
Check out the awesome spex:
http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vModelDetail?surfModel=DMC-FZ7K&catalogId=13401&cachePartner=7000000000000005702&modelNo=DMC-FZ7K&itemId=96060&catGroupId=24999&surfCategory=Lumix%26reg%3B&cacheProgram=11002&storeId=15001&displayTab=S

spectras only
12-19-2006, 10:59 AM
Leica,, is that correct?
Leica is a make .They're made by Yachika Japan :( . German lenses are like Kreichnacht , Schneider , Leitz , Sonnnar , Wetzlar etc ....

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 11:02 AM
Thanks,
Don't really know shit about "this camera or that camera."
Mine is a 2.0 Megapixel. Don't know if that is good or bad. Don't really care. It took good pictures before "not me/I don't know" broke the phucker.
All I want to know is, if there are actually any digital cameras still made in the USA, so I can put my money where my mouth is, just for the naysayers.
.....that and flatware or silverware. Cause I am tried of the shit we use everyday.
Brian
http://http://images.panasonic.com/static/models/dmc-fz7k.jpg
Under 300 bones at COSTCO
Check out the awesome spex:
http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vModelDetail?surfModel=DMC-FZ7K&catalogId=13401&cachePartner=7000000000000005702&modelNo=DMC-FZ7K&itemId=96060&catGroupId=24999&surfCategory=Lumix%26reg%3B&cacheProgram=11002&storeId=15001&displayTab=S

spectras only
12-19-2006, 11:03 AM
[b]
But back to the subject at hand. You teased me with USA made digital cameras, to which I challenged with "name one, I'll buy it"
So.....?
Brian
Brian , there's no such animal :rolleyes: . Even the Kodak bodies are made in Taiwan I think , and the real cheapos are made in China . Kodak had a 13.5 MP reflex in the past , made by Nikon .That was cheaper than the Canon 8 MP reflex model .
Go to Staples , and get a cheap A 530 5 MP Canon for 199 us , that has all the bells & whistles you'll ever need !

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 11:06 AM
There you go bitches.
thankyou.
I would have bought it if it were available.
[b]
Brian , there's no such animal :rolleyes: .

spectras only
12-19-2006, 11:10 AM
There you go bitches.
thankyou.
I would have bought it if it were available.
I still see some Kodak Brownie cameras at the flea markets . They were definitely made in the good ol' usa :D

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 11:10 AM
Brownie?
I still see some Kodak Brownie cameras at the flea markets . They were definitely made in the good ol' usa :D

superdave013
12-19-2006, 11:16 AM
you fixed a 2M pix camera? That's about what mine is too. Also about the same age. My cell phone has a built in camera that's better then my old clunker.
Maybe you should just upgrade your phone.

spectras only
12-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Brownie?
What would we have done without them / :idea: :D
http://www.kodak.com/US/en/corp/features/brownieCam/

superdave013
12-19-2006, 11:17 AM
Brownie?
pretty much a box camera with a shutter.

spectras only
12-19-2006, 11:20 AM
LMAO !

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 11:21 AM
For $40, I will get ANOTHER 6 years, or more, out of it. My parts speak for themselves, I don't need a fancy camera to show them off.
Brian
BTW, I was given another camera, the same camera I had, I sent both in for repair. I will take a picture of my camera, with the other camera, and post it if it ever shows up.
you fixed a 2M pix camera? That's about what mine is too. Also about the same age. My cell phone has a built in camera that's better then my old clunker.

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 11:22 AM
You two are just mad.
Brian

blender over
12-19-2006, 11:41 AM
Anyone know anything about this camera?
I thought it would be a great camera to take to the river seeing it's waterproof:)
Can also take underwater pictures:idea:
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1225

spectras only
12-19-2006, 11:59 AM
Olympus is a good product . I used an older 2 MP Ultrazoom model [ lens barrel derived from a previous film camera ] . They have Carson lenses that has been used in their medical equipment for decades . Olympus started the weather/water proof digital cameras , that's a popular choice for hikers and boaters alike .

blender over
12-19-2006, 12:16 PM
Olympus is a good product . I used an older 2 MP Ultrazoom model [ lens barrel derived from a previous film camera ] . They have Carson lenses that has been used in their medical equipment for decades . Olympus started the weather/water proof digital cameras , that's a popular choice for hikers and boaters alike .
Cool , i think im going to buy it for a x-mas gift to me:)

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 01:34 PM
I just got off the phone with them.
Seems that the driver is running and hour late. WTF?
came by at 8:40 yesterday and today...and hour late?
sheesh....
talk about a letdown. I went to bed last night giddy like a schoolgirl.
Brian

Rexone
12-19-2006, 01:52 PM
I have an older Olympus 2.5 MP also. Works fine for what I do. And for the $1600 I paid for it 7 yrs ago I'm gonna use the bitch till she drops.

roostwear
12-19-2006, 02:11 PM
I just got off the phone with them.
Seems that the driver is running and hour late. WTF?
came by at 8:40 yesterday and today...and hour late?
sheesh....
talk about a letdown. I went to bed last night giddy like a schoolgirl.
Brian
Helloooooo... it's the week before Xmas. There's just a slightly higher volume than normal. Give your American delivery driver a break.
Mike, If you used a 5.0 MP camera, the catalog would get done in half the time, right? :idea: Just giving ya shit.....:D BTW, thanks for the referral for the Hondo shirts, but Roostwear is gone after the 31st, so I referred him to someone else.

Aqua Boogie1
12-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Helloooooo... it's the week before Xmas. There's just a slightly higher volume than normal. Give your American delivery driver a break.
Mike, If you used a 5.0 MP camera, the catalog would get done in half the time, right? :idea: Just giving ya shit.....:D BTW, thanks for the referral for the Hondo shirts, but Roostwear is gone after the 31st, so I referred him to someone else.
No, its crazy here!!!!!!!!! Wsuwrhr, I was going to get your info and see if I can help you out, but if the driver is only one hour late, count yourself lucky!!!!! We do an extra 400,000 to 600,000 packages the week before x-mas company wide.

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Hey,
This site is the best!!!!
No worries, I was just bored and looking for someone to listen really. Mopar just wags her tail or hides, depending on my volume or tone.
I just talked to the regular(ground) driver, he was happy to say "it's not me" as the door tag is FEDEX express.
Thanks, Ill keep ya'll posted.
No, its crazy here!!!!!!!!! Wsuwrhr, I was going to get your info and see if I can help you out, but if the driver is only one hour late, count yourself lucky!!!!! We do an extra 400,000 to 600,000 packages the week before x-mas company wide.

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 02:35 PM
The MF'er came at 8:40 yesterday morning and is "an hour late" today?????
I just wanted to vent.
All in fun

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 02:38 PM
Fuji has a bitchen camera repair shop. Send yours on over and we'll let Mopar take a picture or two. Hopefully Olympus has as nice of camera repair facility.
Brian
Rexone<<<---serious baller status
I have an older Olympus 2.5 MP also. Works fine for what I do. And for the $1600 I paid for it 7 yrs ago I'm gonna use the bitch till she drops.

Jack $hit
12-19-2006, 02:45 PM
I sure hope hope they shipped some Kleenex with that Camera. :cry:
Jack

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 02:48 PM
I am sure there will be plenty of packing paper.
Too bad you don't have enough paper to BUY a sense of humor.
I sure hope hope they shipped some Kleenex with that Camera. :cry:
Jack

voodoomedman
12-19-2006, 02:53 PM
You sure about that. Only 400 to 600 grand more. We do about an extra 9 million a day more. Now I know your not as big and maybe only express #'s and not ground and express combined but on half a mil a day. hmmmmmmm.

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 02:55 PM
Aw come onnnnnnnnnnnnn mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
Don't hijack my post and get ol' RIO all heated up. and shit.
Brian
You sure about that. Only 400 to 600 grand more. We do about an extra 9 million a day more. Now I know your not as big and maybe only express #'s and not ground and express combined but on half a mil a day. hmmmmmmm.

voodoomedman
12-19-2006, 03:03 PM
Aw come onnnnnnnnnnnnn mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
Don't hijack my post and get ol' RIO all heated up. and shit.
Brian
Sorry. Was trying to give props to the competition not start anything. They are good competition and credit has got to be given where it is due. Don't worry about Rio unless Rexie starts in then that might set him off. Actually come to think of it the only Brown that Rio might have an issue with is the Canadian.

Jack $hit
12-19-2006, 03:05 PM
I am sure there will be plenty of packing paper.
Too bad you don't have enough to BUY a sense of humor.
I do have a sense of humor but im worried sick about your camera right now. Any news yet?
Jack

squirt'nmyload
12-19-2006, 03:10 PM
"not me/I don't know"
i'm lookin for that focker too!!! if you find them let me know, they lost my new camera

Aqua Boogie1
12-19-2006, 03:12 PM
Im giving daily numbers, but of course UPS is much bigger than Fed Ex. That I can agree with you on.:D

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 03:13 PM
Find some penicillin or something else bud and quick.
Better yet....Pick any one of the hundreds of boring threads, on this site alone and you are due for an ulcer if you are that bad off.
Update on your condition as well sir
Brian
I do have a sense of humor but im worried sick about your camera right now. Any news yet?
Jack

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Tell me about it.
i'm lookin for that focker too!!! if you find them let me know, they lost my new camera

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Surrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeee you were.
Sorry. Was trying to give props to the competition not start anything. They are good competition and credit has got to be given where it is due. Don't worry about Rio unless Rexie starts in then that might set him off. Actually come to think of it the only Brown that Rio might have an issue with is the Canadian.

voodoomedman
12-19-2006, 03:30 PM
Im giving daily numbers, but of course UPS is much bigger than Fed Ex. That I can agree with you on.:D
I was giving daily #'s too. Heck your peak day for Express being yesterday was 900,000 packages over last year's peak day alone. So over your regular days that are non peak I still think it's a lot more than half a million. Now maybe a half mil a day over last years peak season probably makes more sense.

Jack $hit
12-19-2006, 03:31 PM
Find some penicillin or something else bud and quick.
Better yet....Pick any one of the hundreds of boring threads, on this site alone and you are due for an ulcer if you are that bad off.
Update on your condition as well sir
Brian
Ok, and you make sure to keep us updated on your Fed Ex ordeal too. You may have to get Dateline involved, Stone Phillips would get to the bottom of this thing quick.
Penicillin make me poop in triplicate. Im going out to Starbucks, can I pick you up anything?
Jack <----------------on pins and needles

voodoomedman
12-19-2006, 03:31 PM
Surrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeee you were.
Seriously, competition is a good thing. They do a lot of good stuff.........

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 03:33 PM
No thanks,
Not a coffee drinker. Maybe a hot chocolate or something would be great.
Thanks
Brian
Ok, and you make sure to keep us updated on your Fed Ex ordeal too. You may have to get Dateline involved, Stone Phillips would get to the bottom of this thing quick.
Penicillin make me poop in triplicate. Im going out to Starbucks, can I pick you up anything?
Jack <----------------on pins and needles

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 03:44 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Truck out front
stay tuneddddddddddddddddddddddd

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 03:54 PM
awwwwwwwwwww mannnnnnnnnn..
the new refurbished cameras are so sweet, just the way I remember them. That is until "not me/I don't know" used them.
Brian