PDA

View Full Version : Denver Hot Boaters please help out a member!!!

Froggystyle
12-20-2006, 11:05 AM
Topless' kids are stuck in the airport. What can we do for them guys... who is local. Looks like all of the flights are canceled...
Let's get together and get the word out to some good folks... family, friends etc...
Thread is here...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136238

topless
12-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Thanks Froggy.:)

RiverDave
12-20-2006, 11:38 AM
I think Boozer is from Denver isn't he?
RD

RitcheyRch
12-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Wish I knew someone there. Am sure someone will come forward and help.

Froggystyle
12-20-2006, 11:42 AM
I think Boozer is from Denver isn't he?
RD
So far unavailable...

Froggystyle
12-20-2006, 11:59 AM
I have gone through my Rolodex of people that work in the airline industry that may have relatives or something in the Denver airport. So far, I came up empty.
I know there are lots of airline folks here though, let's see about letting the fingers do the walking here a little...

voodoomedman
12-20-2006, 12:11 PM
How about PHX ATC? He's in Phoenix but maybe knows someone?????????????

Froggystyle
12-20-2006, 12:36 PM
How about PHX ATC? He's in Phoenix but maybe knows someone?????????????
That's the theory... I figure when you have hot boat involved the whole "six degrees of separation" thing drops to about two degrees...
Kids are still there, but things are looking up...

Tremor Therapy
12-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Topless,
I do not know if Toby is at work (PHXATC) but I have his e-mail address, and I have sent him an e-mail regarding this.
Good luck,
Alan

N2Lake
12-20-2006, 01:11 PM
Topless,
I do not know if Toby is at work (PHXATC) but I have his e-mail address, and I have sent him an e-mail regarding this.
Good luck,
Alan
I think he has today off, I just left him a VM to check out the thread here.
Also called PHX Tower, he is off today.

Froggystyle
12-20-2006, 01:48 PM
I figure it is only a matter of time until someone who knows someone who works there gets through...

PHX ATC
12-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Gee, can't a guy unload bales of hay for his wife and daughter's horses without being bothere?:D I mean geeeeeez!
Yup, I work at PHX, so I'm no help. I am home today, yeah! I do know a controller at Denver Intl Airport and have left him a voicemail to call me back but I need to know some more info.
What airline? Original flight number? Names of the kids? Ages? Where are they going to?
PM me if you don't want to put it out here in the public forum.
If this was already mentioned, sorry, I didn't read the entire original post, so I'm shooting from the hip.
We, as air traffic controllers can't run the schedules or seat availability of the airlines, but a few well placed calls can work miracles.
I'm doing something.........working on it..............
Toby

PHX ATC
12-20-2006, 02:17 PM
I read the entire original post
FFT, SNA-DEN-DFW(I think), 2 teenagers (both girls, I think).
Still waiting for a call back from my bud who is an ATC at DEN.

Blacksheep
12-20-2006, 02:20 PM
Topless,
Let me know if you still need some help. My sister doesn't live too far from the airport. They might be able to help out.
-Jeff

Froggystyle
12-20-2006, 02:20 PM
I read the entire original post
FFT, SNA-DEN-DFW(I think), 2 teenagers (both girls, I think).
Still waiting for a call back from my bud who is an ATC at DEN.
This has team turnkey written all over it! A peeple helping peeple... :D
I will direct Alison over here and get her the info for you. I think right now we are just trying to make sure the kids get from the airport to the hotel she has arranged safely. Nobody wants them to leave into a blizzard or anything or be wandering...
Good looking out bro!

Froggystyle
12-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Topless,
Let me know if you still need some help. My sister doesn't live too far from the airport. They might be able to help out.
-Jeff
Looks like traffic is absolutely stopped going anywhere near the airport... tough deal...

Blacksheep
12-20-2006, 02:26 PM
Looks like traffic is absolutely stopped going anywhere near the airport... tough deal...
Thanks Wes, brother in law is also a sheriff's deputy so he might have connections to help in some way if Topless needs it. Glad to see people offering help!!
***boaters are great!

PHX ATC
12-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Got ahold of my buddy and he's at home. Says there's no way to get in or out of the airport. They're expecting it to be late tonight (if there's no snow, which is unlikely) before the get the roads cleared enough to have manageable traffic.
He did remind me that these folks that work at DEN are professionals and have endured wacky stuff like this before, so they will help out as much as they can. It's not like being stuck in MIA in a hurricane or something!:D
So, I'm out and can't do anything productive. Have them hunker down and make a good time of it. Kinda like camping indoors. They've got Starbucks and eateries there, so they should be fine.
As far as the planes leaving...dunno...it could very well be tomorrow before they start moving.
Sorry I can't help much.
Toby

anxious
12-20-2006, 02:58 PM
Im in Colorado Springs, and nobody is going anywhere. They closed the I 25 from Denver to New Mexico and 250 miles of the I 70. Everyone is pretty much stuck wherever they are. Luckily Im home:D I have about 5 feet in my driveway....Ill post some pics later. Its blowing 50-60 mph right now. I was supposed to fly back home in Cali today but flight got cancelled. They are saying at least a day maybe more before people get out

SmokinLowriderSS
12-20-2006, 07:22 PM
Sorry Topless, I'm 8 hrs drive away in good weather, with I-70 closed, not a thing I can do. :(
Had they come thru Wichita and had a flight cancel, I'd be more than happy for my wife & I to and would take them in for a couple days till flights resumed or were re-arranged. No shortage of room, beds, and food here. These things to happen flying in the central part of the country (and especially Denver) this time of year. They'll be fine in the hands of the airport folks, especially at a place like Denver that is used to getting slowed in from time to time. My best to them, and you Topless. :)

BLOWN HOWARD
12-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Got a buddy who works at the Airport. Does she still need help????