PDA

View Full Version : Barrett Jackson

Bense468
12-20-2006, 01:04 PM
Anyone been, if so how was it? I'm headed out to scottsdale Jan 19-21st for it.

wsuwrhr
12-20-2006, 01:04 PM
Anyone been, if so how was it? I'm headed out to scottsdale Jan 19-21st for it.
Bring a pocketful of jing.

squirt'nmyload
12-20-2006, 01:06 PM
i usually go every year.....ALOT of nice rides!!!!

2Driver
12-20-2006, 02:12 PM
Best day is the first day so you see everything before they go to auction. Once they go through they are off to be shipped out so the later days have less to look at. Certain days and times are fun for the auction bidding or to watch the really high end stuff. You can get a full list and line up # online I believe.
The new tent is HUGE and accomodates a ton of people easily. Lots of food and other stuff to buy in the midway too.
I'll be there Thursday or Friday for sure.

RitcheyRch
12-20-2006, 02:16 PM
I thought about going as well but figure might be tough to get a hotel that weekend.

ratso
12-20-2006, 02:17 PM
I wanna go...:(

Bense468
12-20-2006, 02:45 PM
I already have the online listing, plus I got the magazine that shows what is auctioning each day from moon eyes. Hopefully the weather is bitchen that weekend. Thanks for the input

RitcheyRch
12-20-2006, 04:12 PM
I think tickets are only about $50 if you just want to go and check out the cars and the excitement.

Bense468
12-20-2006, 04:21 PM
I already got my tickets. 5 of us are headed out there.

OCMerrill
12-20-2006, 04:25 PM
My father has two cars in the auction on Sunday. Set to go near the end of the day I think.
57 T-Bird which is excellent and a 1970 Dodge Corrnet I believe. The Dodge is a goofy deal as its a 4-door 383 car but B-J wanted it as its like an 18,000 mile 100% unrestored car that looks like brand new with papers. Dont quote me on this.
B-J refused two 54 vetts and that has my parents real bummed. They have allot of $$ tied up in those cars. So they are hauling those to pebble beach I understand.
My parents are not Ballers by any means. They sold some property to do these cars over the past year in the hopes of doing more in '07...but B-J calls the shots.
Very difficult to get in (cars that is) I will be there on Sat and Sun. First time for me.

ChumpChange
12-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Sent a client there last year to bid on some stuff for me. Hopefully will go this year by myself although when you send someone else, it prevents you from shelling out the extra coin due to the heat of the moment.

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
12-21-2006, 08:44 AM
I have been going for 6 years and it has turned into a Social event, see and be seen. Go to check out awesome cars and people watch but not to buy. Juice is up to 10% and you have to pay for any guests as a bidder this year. The scenery continues to get better as the Cougar Gazzette posted it as a top spot for mining in the last issue. I suggest Russo and Steele just down the street, Same caliber of cars in a more personal atmosphere, His permise is hotrod, American Muscle and Italian, Period. RM at the Biltmore is also a kick to check out, No Mr. Ferrari hat dude clogging the stage to get on TV, in fact nobody on stage for that matter. One day only, mega high end stuff. B-J has turned into a big production, lots of smoke and mirrors, schills and "phone and internet" bidders. Don't get me wrong it is an unbelivable time and look forward to it every year just dont get drunk and buy anything.