PDA

View Full Version : Dallas ***boaters ??

THATJEFFGUY
12-20-2006, 07:52 PM
Hey you guys in Dallas, I have a question. I'm flying back east Friday and I have a 3 hour layover at DFW that evening (thanx to my wife making the reservations). Are there any decent restaurants, preferrably Texas BBQ or a good steakhouse, close by ? I'll be taking a cab so I don't wanna venture out too far and get stuck in rush hour trafiic and then miss my flight. Personally, I'd rather go to a local bar or strip club, but my wife and teenage daughter would rather go out to eat..go figure !:D

squirt'nmyload
12-20-2006, 07:55 PM
3 hours is nothing during the holidays due to planes running late, long lines, etc.......i don't think you'll have time to leave the airport...i'd play it safe and eat there!!

photo chick
12-20-2006, 07:59 PM
Hey you guys in Dallas, I have a question. I'm flying back east Friday and I have a 3 hour layover at DFW that evening (thanx to my wife making the reservations). Are there any decent restaurants, preferrably Texas BBQ or a good steakhouse, close by ? I'll be taking a cab so I don't wanna venture out too far and get stuck in rush hour trafiic and then miss my flight. Personally, I'd rather go to a local bar or strip club, but my wife and teenage daughter would rather go out to eat..go figure !:D
Yeah it's really not enough time to leave. What airline are u on? DFW has lots of good places to eat and shop depending on the terminal you'll be in.

THATJEFFGUY
12-20-2006, 08:03 PM
Yeah maybe you guys are right...I should just hang out and wait. I'm just an impatient SOB when it comes to waiting anywhere, especially at airports. The food at the airport usually sucks anyway.

squirt'nmyload
12-20-2006, 08:11 PM
i know what you mean....it seems like forever when you have to wait.

photo chick
12-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Yeah maybe you guys are right...I should just hang out and wait. I'm just an impatient SOB when it comes to waiting anywhere, especially at airports. The food at the airport usually sucks anyway.
The new terminal has some cool places.....if you're going all the way to the east coast chances are you'll be in it.....IT's Terminal D.....If you aren't you can take the new train over to it in minutes....definately worth it and 3 hours is plenty of time and you won't have to go back through security.... I'm at DFW about 6 times a month...trust me!

THATJEFFGUY
12-20-2006, 08:28 PM
OK thanx for the advice photochick !