PDA

View Full Version : 140 mph.....Ya Think??

mickeyfinn
12-20-2006, 07:55 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/V-Drive-Jet-boat-Chevy-Big-Block-396-Engine-Race-Boat_W0QQitemZ170062925189QQihZ007QQcategoryZ80653 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Not Today and tommorrow looks doubtful.:) :D

Brian
12-20-2006, 07:58 PM
What a complete tool. :rolleyes:
:D

phebus
12-20-2006, 07:59 PM
"we named the boat constapated"
Must be fast :D :D :D

squirt'nmyload
12-20-2006, 08:00 PM
LMFAO........i've seen alot of 100mph jetboats on ebay but never a 140mph v-drive

73kona455
12-20-2006, 08:01 PM
wonder what they used to pull the boat 140 mph??..lol
dont you know that by listing your boat on ebay it instantly doubles its top speed?:jawdrop:

Warlockjer
12-20-2006, 08:24 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bwillieb
12-20-2006, 08:36 PM
.............Looks like an early...'Idiot Craft'...I didn't think those ran much over 130?..........

SoCal_fun
12-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Hey, you guys suck! I've been looking for a 140mph v-drive. Now I can hang out in the v-drive section and be coool!!
This is my dream boat, complete with the Infamous Chevy MYSTERY MOTOR I've always heard about!!
I'm bidding, anybody wanna be partners??
140mph, I can't wait to smoke all those whackers!! LOL!!

shockwaveharry
12-20-2006, 08:58 PM
"It has a fin on the back of the boat that you operate with a foot pedal so when you get over 100mph you tromp the pedal and the fin keeps the front of the boat down to prevent hydroplaning. or flipping it. Its a collectors. boat. and actually a very very expensive play toy."
This must be what he's talking about. Certainly don't want a boat that hydroplanes...
http://i1.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/80/01/1aad_1.JPG
"I mounted a ski rope bar to pull multiple people all at one time. It has pulled five people up all at one times before on skis. That was interesting. Then I gave it the gas real hard and the roost from the propshaft knocked them all down. I loved that part."
Is that a billet tow?
http://i7.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/80/01/1a94_1.JPG

shockwaveharry
12-20-2006, 10:02 PM
my favorite part
" 1961 V-Drive Jet boat Chevy Big Block 396 Engine Race Boat "
:D:D
And this is the kinda info "They" don't want us to know about:
"The engine was orig intended for the 1967 corvette. I am told. It was stroked from the factory and built in 1965 but never ever installed in the corvette. they built 100 of them I was told. They call them the mystery motors. They had way too much torque for the corvette. So they were eventually somehow donated to the A.P.B.A. power boat association."

Running_on_Empty
12-21-2006, 01:17 AM
12,000? where? howmanyarms have u pullrd out of their sockets? clen the shit off the back

73kona455
12-21-2006, 01:46 AM
Hey, you guys suck! I've been looking for a 140mph v-drive. Now I can hang out in the v-drive section and be coool!!
This is my dream boat, complete with the Infamous Chevy MYSTERY MOTOR I've always heard about!!
I'm bidding, anybody wanna be partners??
140mph, I can't wait to smoke all those whackers!! LOL!!
Dont get your hopes up on that motor...
" The engine is almost fresh. it has 21 hours on it. Its not really included in this sale. I was planning on selling it seperate"
motor runs strong......buts not really included in sale...:jawdrop:
"also it is a used boat. all though its a boat with no issues. it floats and not broken and everything works and the motor runs strong."

LakeTrash
12-21-2006, 04:14 AM
I do not think I have ever read as much crap in one add. It is all really funny but the award for stupidity goes to tromping the pedal which is a hand adjusted device with a locking ratchet.
LT

TexasChopper
12-21-2006, 04:50 AM
wonder what they used to pull the boat 140 mph??..:
hopefully not on that trailer

BA Kurtis
12-21-2006, 04:50 AM
WOW:eek: :eek: A HILLBILLY DRAG BOAT, I have never seen so much BS.

BEER&WATER
12-21-2006, 05:36 AM
Birch lake is real small and we just trot around with it and tromp it here and there and show it off. Its wild.
this guy is a REAL FART SMELLER

Infomaniac
12-21-2006, 05:49 AM
mentions tromping the pedal at over 100 MPH and also mentions getting hurt.
LMAO

Dan Lorenze
12-21-2006, 08:06 AM
"I'd like to spit some Beachnut in that dudes eye"

OCMerrill
12-21-2006, 08:37 AM
That boat might be pushing the $2500 starting bid with the engine included.
What a dirty looking mess, right down to the algee on the "pedal plates" as he so describes. Could not spend a couple hours to make it look better for pictures?
Oh, and a stroked 396? WTF...Someone tell that guy a 402 only has .060 over pistons from the factory:confused: :)
And also I have owned two vintage flats and that boat might go 80 but with the added jet option.......

Jordy
12-21-2006, 08:43 AM
If nothing else, click on the other items he's selling. Everyone of them has a description that is like nothing you'll ever see on Ebay again. This guy should get a column somewhere.
This auction is for a motorcycle seat:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Rd-350-Parts-Motorcycle-Tank-Rim-Seat-Bars-More_W0QQitemZ170062425559QQihZ007QQcategoryZ35581 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
However, everything else is available and he's got pics of pretty much every part of the bike as well, with all kinds of details. :D :D :D

cycleportusa
12-21-2006, 08:54 AM
I am the one who owns this boat. Listen I am only trying to talk my boat up to make is sound more interesting. I didnt want to look like an idiot. I am sorry. help me instead of trying to make me out to be a dic head. I am sorry and I respect you guys and really this is funny . but i only wanted to talk it up. If nothing else, click on the other items he's selling. Everyone of them has a description that is like nothing you'll ever see on Ebay again. This guy should get a column somewhere.
This auction is for a motorcycle seat:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Rd-350-Parts-Motorcycle-Tank-Rim-Seat-Bars-More_W0QQitemZ170062425559QQihZ007QQcategoryZ35581 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
However, everything else is available and he's got pics of pretty much every part of the bike as well, with all kinds of details. :D :D :D

cycleportusa
12-21-2006, 08:55 AM
Listen I own this boat and I really dont know anything about it. I got it from a guy who used to drag race it and I didnt ever. I only wanted to make it sound interesting. I went by what he told me on the details. Sorry for my idiot discription"It has a fin on the back of the boat that you operate with a foot pedal so when you get over 100mph you tromp the pedal and the fin keeps the front of the boat down to prevent hydroplaning. or flipping it. Its a collectors. boat. and actually a very very expensive play toy."
This must be what he's talking about. Certainly don't want a boat that hydroplanes...
http://i1.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/80/01/1aad_1.JPG
"I mounted a ski rope bar to pull multiple people all at one time. It has pulled five people up all at one times before on skis. That was interesting. Then I gave it the gas real hard and the roost from the propshaft knocked them all down. I loved that part."
Is that a billet tow?
http://i7.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/80/01/1a94_1.JPG

Jordy
12-21-2006, 08:57 AM
I am the one who owns this boat. Listen I am only trying to talk my boat up to make is sound more interesting. I didnt want to look like an idiot. I am sorry. help me instead of trying to make me out to be a dic head. I am sorry and I respect you guys and really this is funny . but i only wanted to talk it up.
Why did you single out my quote? I didn't say anything bad. I get a kick out of the descriptions, and you definately made it interesting. ;)
p.s. I wonder who's IP CPA is going to come back and match. :D

OCMerrill
12-21-2006, 09:06 AM
Why did you single out my quote? I didn't say anything bad. I get a kick out of the descriptions, and you definately made it interesting. ;)
Jordy, you have fans everywhere.
What are the odds of that being the actual guy?

Jordy
12-21-2006, 09:14 AM
What are the odds of that being the actual guy?
Odds??? I'd say about the same as that boat running 140 mph without being tied to a rocket. ;) :D

Cheap Thrills
12-21-2006, 09:30 AM
Boat less the engine for $2500.00. Oh hell no. You'de be lucky to get $2500.00 with the engine in it. If he'd spend a couple of hours detailing it and left the engine in the deal he may get 25 out of it. doubtful though.
What is it ? Kind of looks like an old Sanger flat.
Somebody run that CF number....Looks like CF158TA6 ?
T.

ratso
12-21-2006, 09:32 AM
I can't count how many times I've had people try to scam me on ebay by gross misrepresentation. At least this one ain't too damn hard to figure out.

seanv
12-21-2006, 09:57 AM
ya know guys....it's totaly believeable. that boat would do 130-140 no problem... you just load it into a c130 and push it out the rear door at 10k feet:D

Jordy
12-21-2006, 10:03 AM
ya know guys....it's totaly believeable. that boat would do 130-140 no problem... you just load it into a c130 and push it out the rear door at 10k feet:D
Is that with or without the Magical Mystery Motor in it??? Nevermind. Still wouldn't do it. Too much wind resistance. Might get to 60 that way though. :D :D :D

seanv
12-21-2006, 10:33 AM
hell jordy, the motor adds to the weight. i think its good for a solid 130+:D
i back this with newton's modification of kepler's third law.
(M1+M2)p2=(D1+D2)3=R3
OR crap boat with mystery motor fall f--ng fast from plane= 140mph:D

abraman1326
12-21-2006, 11:34 AM
I love the Mystery Motor. It's a mystery that it would even run. And why would you put a ski eye on a race boat. I do have to say though, it's one of the best descriptions I've ever read on e bay
BRA

Benjhamina
12-21-2006, 12:39 PM
You guys are being too hard on him. He didn't really "lie" about the speed...
"I know it floats and It does run and I was told it did 140 mph. It is fast but 140 may not be true."
He did lie when he said this though..... "Its not a hunk of junk."

derail
12-21-2006, 01:06 PM
Yes cycleportusa is the real owner of this boat I sent him a message through Ebay letting him know he might be able more Info on this hull here in the forums here is his responce
" I didnt race it. I didnt even know much about it. I tried to talk it up and tell details about it to advertise it better guess I look like a fool . I am sorry. Please help me out and tell me how to discribe it. properly. I am no drag boat racer. I race hydro plane race boats 350cc and a rookie in the past. thats it. I am going by what these guys say that I got it from"
so maybe we should just help the guy out and help ID it. seems he got taken for a ride when he bought this boat

seanv
12-21-2006, 01:09 PM
You guys are being too hard on him. He didn't really "lie" about the speed...
"I know it floats and It does run and I was told it did 140 mph. It is fast but 140 may not be true."
He did lie when he said this though..... "Its not a hunk of junk."
naaah not really hard at all. i even tried to back his claims of speed:D :D
i read it in vdrive tech that moss on the "foot operated wing" is good for more speed as well:idea:

abraman1326
12-21-2006, 01:39 PM
I feel for this guy. It does sound like he was taken, I personaly wouldn't mention 140 mph b/c it set's hiomself up for these kind of comments. A little misrepresenting. I'd say have him post up the HIN, and someone can look it up to tell him the manufacturer, and then he can go from there. If it starts w/ CF*** does it mean it was CA boat at somepoint?..
BRA

Infomaniac
12-21-2006, 01:39 PM
It is a unique IP address

ratso
12-21-2006, 02:02 PM
Idiot should describe what he got, not what he think he got... Guess he must've been scammed himself.

edog_103
12-21-2006, 02:14 PM
That boat should do atleast a 140mph. Has anybody ever seen a v-drive jet boat run. A hybrid set up like that should haul ass.

desertbird
12-21-2006, 02:29 PM
It is a unique IP address
....oh, I thought it might have been LATER!!!
lol

HCS
12-21-2006, 03:07 PM
That boat should do atleast a 140mph. Has anybody ever seen a v-drive jet boat run. A hybrid set up like that should haul ass.
Ya it should atleast hit 80mph. :D http://www.***boat.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

cycleportusa
12-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Ya it should atleast hit 80mph. :D http://www.***boat.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif
Hi I am the one who owns this boat. It has been identified by several people to be a 1961 Sanger or a Raysoncraft. which is it.? I will get the number for you all tomorrow. I will try and find it anyway off the hull or the stickers on the side of the boat. see what you guys are capible of digging up on this guy. I will thank all of you in advance . No I didnt get scammed. I just really dont know much about this boat. Belive me I didnt get scammed. I got an awsome deal on this boat. The guy was hard up for money and I bought it cheap. The engine is one kick ass engine. Its really is. It runs strong. Also I wondered what you guys meant when you say its a unique IP address. what are you talking about. My IP address on my computer? what the hell are you talking about >? Now You have me really confused. Not sure but how do you see my ip address/ besides who cares/ I am selling my boat. Yes it would look better if I cleaned it up but I have a major neck and back injury and cant do it . I am in pain and I am sure if you guys race boats you know what that feels like if you ever blown one over at a 100mph+ . We Race A.P.B.A. Hydroplane race boats 350cc and 500cc class dont know about your bigger drag boats but we have some major crashes. We took the title for the 350cc class at the nationals for two consecutive years now on the 350cc class. hydro. we also race runabouts but never held a title yet. We ran our 350cc two cycle hydro after taking the nationals last year in the 500cc class and took it also with the 350cc. Not bragging but I do know a little about boat racing. I am a rookie but took nationals on our first year of racing. And with an obsolete boat and an supposed to be a non competitive Konig that most racers stopped using back in the mid eightys. I built the engine and its the fastest Konig in the world. Nothing can touch us on water in our class or two classes above . I am now injured and cant clean the boat and dont care to. I hurt too bad. If you want to buy it fine then buy it but your going to have to clean this boat yourself. or are you ****ed up also from boat racing. >? this is why you rag on me about my boat . I really would like to see a boat racer get it. Its a real decent boat. It has some trick shit on it Look at how the Tach is mounted. Wait until I take photos of the engine. I also have a set of headers that are brand new race headers. If anyone needs a set of chevy big block headers. call me 574.612.5810

YeLLowBoaT
12-21-2006, 11:10 PM
Hi I am the one who owns this boat. It has been identified by several people to be a 1961 Sanger or a Raysoncraft. which is it.? I will get the number for you all tomorrow. I will try and find it anyway off the hull or the stickers on the side of the boat. see what you guys are capible of digging up on this guy. I will thank all of you in advance . No I didnt get scammed. I just really dont know much about this boat. Belive me I didnt get scammed. I got an awsome deal on this boat. The guy was hard up for money and I bought it cheap. The engine is one kick ass engine. Its really is. It runs strong. Also I wondered what you guys meant when you say its a unique IP address. what are you talking about. My IP address on my computer? what the hell are you talking about >? Now You have me really confused. Not sure but how do you see my ip address/ besides who cares/ I am selling my boat. Yes it would look better if I cleaned it up but I have a major neck and back injury and cant do it . I am in pain and I am sure if you guys race boats you know what that feels like if you ever blown one over at a 100mph+ . We Race A.P.B.A. Hydroplane race boats 350cc and 500cc class dont know about your bigger drag boats but we have some major crashes. We took the title for the 350cc class at the nationals for two consecutive years now on the 350cc class. hydro. we also race runabouts but never held a title yet. We ran our 350cc two cycle hydro after taking the nationals last year in the 500cc class and took it also with the 350cc. Not bragging but I do know a little about boat racing. I am a rookie but took nationals on our first year of racing. And with an obsolete boat and an supposed to be a non competitive Konig that most racers stopped using back in the mid eightys. I built the engine and its the fastest Konig in the world. Nothing can touch us on water in our class or two classes above . I am now injured and cant clean the boat and dont care to. I hurt too bad. If you want to buy it fine then buy it but your going to have to clean this boat yourself. or are you ****ed up also from boat racing. >? this is why you rag on me about my boat . I really would like to see a boat racer get it. Its a real decent boat. It has some trick shit on it Look at how the Tach is mounted. Wait until I take photos of the engine. I also have a set of headers that are brand new race headers. If anyone needs a set of chevy big block headers. call me 574.612.5810
I'll tell you what... i'll fly out there with a gps... it it does 140 mph I will give you 10x what your asking price is.... but you have to give me $10 for every mph under 140 it does.

shockwaveharry
12-21-2006, 11:31 PM
Hi I am the one who owns this boat. It has been identified by several people to be...
Cycleportusa, I want to apologise for my insensitive post. No excuses, just an honest "I'm sorry".
If you're considering rewriting your Ebay add, I'd be happy to help if you'd like. I'm just a PM away.
As far as your injury goes, I feel for ya! I've been recovering from a bike accident for over a year and my boat's a little dirtier than I'd like to admit too. :)
No hard feelings?
Harry

cycleportusa
12-21-2006, 11:34 PM
I'll tell you what... i'll fly out there with a gps... it it does 140 mph I will give you 10x what your asking price is.... but you have to give me $10 for every mph under 140 it does.
You do exactly that. He says FLY OUT THERE? Hmmmm. Maybe we have a deal.
If you can Fly out here yourself with nothing but your arms flapping like your mouth is then you got a deal. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ohhh. Bring your boat or ohhh it may be too much for you to hold on your back or your arms and mouth get tired right> ?

cycleportusa
12-21-2006, 11:39 PM
Cycleportusa, I want to apologise for my insensitive post. No excuses, just an honest "I'm sorry".
If you're considering rewriting your Ebay add, I'd be happy to help if you'd like. I'm just a PM away.
As far as your injury goes, I feel for ya! I've been recovering from a bike accident for over a year and my boat's a little dirtier than I'd like to admit too. :)
No hard feelings?
Harry
Hey man No reason to Apoligise. Its all fun anyway right. I dont get mad in fact that shit was pretty funny . I am full of shit huh. Ha. Ha. Thanks you guys are great. Glad to know your willing to help out. If you dont mind I may take you up on that. That may help me out big time since I am full of shit and I dont know much about this piece of shit. No really its not junk its a decent boat. Its pretty dirty yes it is. but go fast enough in it and you wont see the dirt. Right?

HM
12-21-2006, 11:47 PM
If you can Fly out here yourself with nothing but your arms flapping like your mouth is then you got a deal. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ohhh. Bring your boat or ohhh it may be too much for you to hold on your back or your arms and mouth get tired right> ?
LOL....this should get fun.

Cheap Thrills
12-22-2006, 12:12 AM
Hahahaaaaa Thanks for the new sigline :D
T.

SmokinLowriderSS
12-22-2006, 06:01 AM
hell jordy, the motor adds to the weight. i think its good for a solid 130+:D
i back this with newton's modification of kepler's third law.
(M1+M2)p2=(D1+D2)3=R3
OR crap boat with mystery motor fall f--ng fast from plane= 140mph:D
There ya go gettin all math & physics geniousy and sh!+ on us.:D

Warlockjer
12-22-2006, 07:38 AM
I had a 61 Rayson craft and if I had to guess I would say that is what is is, but 140. Be realistic. I don't care who helps you rewrite your ad. You might and I say might get 75MPH out of it, and that would be stretching it, even with the mystery motor. No disrespect meant either. Good luck with your sale:)

seanv
12-22-2006, 07:39 AM
There ya go gettin all math & physics geniousy and sh!+ on us.:D
just trying to prove a point:D
as to you mr "i race boats"....if you really did would you really post an add on ebay with such fecal facts as you did? makes one think you may be related to later:idea:

HM
12-22-2006, 07:42 AM
I like how he puts the motor in the title of the auction, then in the auction says it is not part of the sale.
If I had to bet, this guy is only 18 years old and is the quintessential reason they call it a "tooth" brush.

cycleportusa
12-22-2006, 03:59 PM
I like how he puts the motor in the title of the auction, then in the auction says it is not part of the sale.
If I had to bet, this guy is only 18 years old and is the quintessential reason they call it a "tooth" brush.
I want to sell the engine but I wont get what its worth on ebay. I have a project for it and if I dont get my money I know its worth I will install it in my project. or sell it locally. I am good friends with FRED SIBLEY. you guys who race the jet powered boats know him I am sure. He built the first jet powered car ever raced and the first jet bike and the first jet boat. holds the land speed record and had a water record back in the day. Fred is a great guy and he built the engine and knows the motor and already wants it bad.

cycleportusa
12-22-2006, 04:00 PM
I got your 18 dude. wana know where I keep it. right where you keep your tooth brush. HAS. anyone seen it. ?

cycleportusa
12-22-2006, 04:02 PM
I had a 61 Rayson craft and if I had to guess I would say that is what is is, but 140. Be realistic. I don't care who helps you rewrite your ad. You might and I say might get 75MPH out of it, and that would be stretching it, even with the mystery motor. No disrespect meant either. Good luck with your sale:)
Ok. Thanks. I really didnt know how fast it is. But really thats what I was told. I didnt ever race it and dont know much about it. I cant run it because my neck and back injury isnt going to allow it. Trust me I wish I could. Try. anyway 75 mph is no joke for that old boat on water. Right? This boat I wonder who raced it back in the day. Maybe some of the older guys who used to race remember it . wish we had some details on it. That would be cool. or some footage on someone racing it. Maybe we can find who owned it.

cycleportusa
12-22-2006, 04:04 PM
Hahahaaaaa Thanks for the new sigline :D
T.
Hey. I have some math for you. Figure out who owned this boat and find out who has raced it and what it was capible of doing. That would be constructive. Right? Then we will see who did the math right. Come on folks I dont know much about it and really didnt want to lie. I only said what I was told.

Dribble
12-22-2006, 05:11 PM
Well first drop the speed quote. With an LS6 454 (450 HP) that boat will do 75 - 80 on it's best day. Chevy did make a high perf 396 in 65 but it was about 375 HP. Had an aluminum intake and solid lifters. There really is no "mystery motor" that was too fast to put in the Vette.

vee-driven
12-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Aw phuck they let anybody in here.

bwillieb
12-22-2006, 07:19 PM
.............In it's day, a boat set up like this would have been called more a ski boat than a race boat.......... its sole purpose, most likely was not racing.......If you post the head and block casting #'s..........maybe someone will ID them for you ).........

HM
12-22-2006, 09:05 PM
I got your 18 dude. wana know where I keep it. right where you keep your tooth brush. HAS. anyone seen it. ?
Class and smarts!!! A double threat guy!!!
You should hook up with Mr. V-drive. You guys could mix meds.:devil:

SmokinLowriderSS
12-23-2006, 08:49 AM
Well first drop the speed quote. With an LS6 454 (450 HP) that boat will do 75 - 80 on it's best day. Chevy did make a high perf 396 in 65 but it was about 375 HP. Had an aluminum intake and solid lifters. There really is no "mystery motor" that was too fast to put in the Vette.
Yep, about the nearest thing was an LS-7, which was a 454, I think officially 475HP, and was pretty much killed by a combination of emissions and insurance company screaming, circa about '71 or so. Hottest thing there ever was other than the actual "Mystery Motor", the original 1963 NASCAR 427 (Mark-III) seen only at Daytona that year, and really shook up the status quo.
Ain't no way it was doing 140, especially with an un-boosted 396, I don't care how hot-rodded it is/was/dreamed of being, unless it had need pushed out the back of a C-130 10 secconds earlier. :idea:

cycleportusa
12-23-2006, 03:31 PM
Yep, about the nearest thing was an LS-7, which was a 454, I think officially 475HP, and was pretty much killed by a combination of emissions and insurance company screaming, circa about '71 or so. Hottest thing there ever was other than the actual "Mystery Motor", the original 1963 NASCAR 427 (Mark-III) seen only at Daytona that year, and really shook up the status quo.
Ain't no way it was doing 140, especially with an un-boosted 396, I don't care how hot-rodded it is/was/dreamed of being, unless it had need pushed out the back of a C-130 10 secconds earlier. :idea:
Ok. well thanks for the info. you seem to have your facts correct. Now does anyone know who owned this boat and who raced it back in the day. ? I sure would like to know.