PDA

View Full Version : Lift kit price on a wrangler

TexasChopper
12-21-2006, 01:32 PM
I got a price to lift a 07 2dr Wrangler today, what do you guys think.
to run 35's 3" lift... $2600.00 that includes, stabilizer, alignment, tires, everything out the door
to run 37's 4" lift... 2988.00 includes everything above out the door.
if I wanted to do the dana35, and dana44 extreme rings (what ever the hell those are) add another 293.00
this seems pretty good to me, based on what I have seen guys have in their trucks that lift them up....but this will be the first time I have lifted anything, so i have no idea
what is the concenus amongst all you west coast rock climbers/ extreme four wheelers?

phebus
12-21-2006, 01:41 PM
I just put a Rubicon Express 3.5" lift on an older TJ. I went with upper control arms, lower control arms, springs, track bar, sway bar disconnects, bump stops, transfer case lowering kit, etc, and a set of five new wheels and 33" BFG A/T tires.
I payed more then you have been quoted for either of the lifts you listed, but make sure you are comparing apples to apples with your comparisons.
If you are going to use it off road, don't make compromises with a cheap lift. You didn't post what was included in your lift kits, or the manufacturer's, and also make sure you get a set of five wheeels and tires.

Redding Rat
12-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Two things you want to keep in mind on a Wrangler is gear ratio and stopping power. Pushing around 35's to 37" tires you will want to regear which means both front and rear axels. You will also need to stop and the Wranglers are not known for having the best braking when pushing some large tires.

sigepmock
12-21-2006, 02:11 PM
3" to fit 35's and 4" to fit 37's doesn't sound right to me......I would think it should be more like 4" and Body lift to fit 35's and a 6" or more for 37's. Also price sounds low ....be very careful there are a lot of crappy lifts out there.
make sure you research the lift brand and more importantly the shop doing the work....stay away from 4 Wheel Parts.....and Procomp.
Call Jason Riley at Rancho Motorsports (909) 390-9722. He's fellow ***boater and owns a lift shop and can tell you right away what does and doesn't sound right.
Good luck,
Chris

Kilrtoy
12-21-2006, 03:03 PM
Two things you want to keep in mind on a Wrangler is gear ratio and stopping power. Pushing around 35's to 37" tires you will want to regear which means both front and rear axels. You will also need to stop and the Wranglers are not known for having the best braking when pushing some large tires.
Good to know thank you for posting this.....

Sportin' Wood
12-21-2006, 03:38 PM
make sure you research the lift brand and more importantly the shop doing the work....stay away from 4 Wheel Parts.....and Procomp.
Good luck,
Chris
Not trying to stir sh!t, Why? Bad experience? Please share. I agree research your lift. The information you are providing does not seem right to me?

squirt'nmyload
12-21-2006, 03:47 PM
3" to fit 35's and 4" to fit 37's doesn't sound right to me......I would think it should be more like 4" and Body lift to fit 35's and a 6" or more for 37's.
Chris
i agree but the wheel wells look huge on the 07's but i havn't looked up close......i had a YJ with 38.5's and it took 4.5in sus lift, 3in body, got another 3in from my eliptical setup and they still rubbed sometimes......i eventually busted out the sawzall:D

TexasChopper
12-21-2006, 03:49 PM
so what about the prices??? are they good?
the tires quoted are Toyo Open Country M/T's....
I think I may switch them to Nitto Grapplers though.

phebus
12-21-2006, 08:10 PM
so what about the prices??? are they good?
the tires quoted are Toyo Open Country M/T's....
I think I may switch them to Nitto Grapplers though.
What brand lift, and what is the make up?
You could be talking anything from coil spacers, to a long travel, with everything in between.

Ultrafied
12-21-2006, 08:23 PM
What is it you are trying to do? Lift for the street (i.e. posing)? :D Different then if you want to actually use the 35's off road. Also help determine what type of tires.
Right now I'm putting a Rub Exp on a 89 YJ. $1500, plus upper & lowers, installed with Rancho 9000's. The Rubi is a military wrap, 2 1/2" lift for 31's. Lockers (Detroit) front and rear for another $500 each. As has been stated, if you put 35's on it, your gearing should be changed. Be careful on the wheels that you get as well. With the lift, you don't have the correct off set, you can be going through bearings faster then you would want.