PDA

View Full Version : Are you buying a New custom Boat this year???

Classic Daycruiser
12-21-2006, 04:55 PM
I am sick of seeing Cheap White interiors at the boat show. What is custom about a plain white flat interior? ...nothing.
Plain White vinyl is what Bayliner puts in there boats. No "Tuck in Roll", no Color, just ugly cheap white vinyl. If your buying a new Custom Boat this year, do not except the trash interiors the custom boat Mfg's are putting in your expensive boat.
Here is an example of a real custom interior...notice tuck and roll, colors, strips to accent the Gel coat.
This is one reason why many are choosing to have 1 company do the hull and another company do the rigging.
The difference maybe a couple thousand, but the look is worth a million$$$$

HocusPocus
12-21-2006, 04:58 PM
i prefer the all white interior in a boat, especially when its 120+ at Havi... but thats just me :D

Havasu1986
12-21-2006, 05:01 PM
I like the wood cup holders

Classic Daycruiser
12-21-2006, 05:01 PM
i prefer the all white interior in a boat, especially when its 120+ at Havi... but thats just me :D
You'd be suprised how well a bimini top will take care of that heat factor. It is not a problem with the top up.

Classic Daycruiser
12-21-2006, 05:02 PM
I like the wood cup holders
Teak:D

Ziggy
12-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Yup, we chose the white interior for the same reason and declined having the color matching accents....Bimini or not.
The rear deck ain't protected and burned my hands and legs on many occassions..........same reason we purposely had as little top deck color in the gel....
Did we sacrifice in some visual way, maybe a little but practicality won out.

Kilrtoy
12-21-2006, 05:31 PM
Sorry never liked those interiors, even when they were new

SummitKarl
12-21-2006, 05:38 PM
When it's 120+ in Havasu Top color (red in my case) on a boat is good for two things.
1)keeping others from walking on your boat when tied up to others, especially after just having waxed it:mad:
2) LMAO at those who don't think and try to walk across the burning red color in their bare feet:sqeyes: :D
my next boat will be all white:D

Classic Daycruiser
12-21-2006, 05:40 PM
Yup, we chose the white interior for the same reason and declined having the color matching accents....Bimini or not.
The rear deck ain't protected and burned my hands and legs on many occassions..........same reason we purposely had as little top deck color in the gel....
Did we sacrifice in some visual way, maybe a little but practicality won out.
Kinda like the difference of walking on white concrete sidewalk in 120 degrees and a black top parking lot...nothing is cool in 120 degrees.

Classic Daycruiser
12-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Sorry never liked those interiors, even when they were new
White is the new old school:D

Ziggy
12-21-2006, 05:49 PM
Kinda like the difference of walking on white concrete sidewalk in 120 degrees and a black top parking lot...nothing is cool in 120 degrees.
There is a significant difference, even noticable while in flops I might add. I find myself walking the white parking lot lines as much as possible.
Just like SK said in above post.
I had a dark colored boat before, looked cool but regretted the color choice later........the next one got all white top surfaces and white seats.

Classic Daycruiser
12-21-2006, 05:59 PM
There is a significant difference, even noticable while in flops I might add. I find myself walking the white parking lot lines as much as possible.
Just like SK said in above post.
I had a dark colored boat before, looked cool but regretted the color choice later........the next one got all white top surfaces and white seats.
Ok so I'll give you the heat factor, but there are thing's the mfg's could do to make it look custom...like stitching, tuck and roll, and color in places that do not effect the comfort of a passenger.
These interiors I'm seeing are by no means custom, and its about time the Mfg's step up to the plate and produce a custom interior to go with their custom boat.

HocusPocus
12-21-2006, 06:01 PM
i second that.. i may even go as far as a solid white everything. :D

vee-driven
12-21-2006, 06:05 PM
no matter what, they just don't make sh!t like they used too.

Classic Daycruiser
12-21-2006, 06:06 PM
no matter what, they just don't make sh!t like they used too.
Nice interior...got to love the blues:)

dumbandyoung
12-21-2006, 06:09 PM
i hate brown...and white doesnt burn your ass in 110+ temps

Classic Daycruiser
12-21-2006, 06:13 PM
i hate brown...and white doesnt burn your ass in 110+ temps
I'll bet you $50 buck next summer you can't sit your "ass" on white vinyl for more that 60 seconds before you give up in 110 degree's. Wet bathing suits don't count:D

dumbandyoung
12-21-2006, 06:14 PM
Ok so I'll give you the heat factor, but there are thing's the mfg's could do to make it look custom...like stitching, tuck and roll, and color in places that do not effect the comfort of a passenger.
These interiors I'm seeing are by no means custom, and its about time the Mfg's step up to the plate and produce a custom interior to go with their custom boat.
mfg's do do stuff to make seats look custom,,,are u crazy?
http://www.magicpowerboats.com/magic/28-scepter/images/DSC02387.JPG
http://www.magicpowerboats.com/magic/28-scepter/images/DSC02379.JPG

Classic Daycruiser
12-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Granted those are nice seats up front, but I'd like to see the kick panals with something other than flat white.

Ziggy
12-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Sure they could, and often its left up to the buyers imagination, if they have any. Ours would have come with matching flames on the seats, backrest and rear deck, we left the flames in the cupholder inserts:).
If you look at my boat in the sigline, all color is where I can't put my feet or body, I even had them reduce the flame size at the bow so I could fit my feet between the color.

OKIE-JET
12-21-2006, 06:21 PM
My moms handiwork;21138

beerjet
12-21-2006, 06:25 PM
I've always thought that this many colors only belong on gay rainbow stickers. I personally like the old school interiors and have two . It's like telling peole that new music sucks . It's big and makes alot of money :rolleyes: and alot of people listen to it .That dont make it good though .

Cheap Thrills
12-21-2006, 06:32 PM
He said do do :D
T.

MBlaster
12-21-2006, 06:55 PM
Old skool will always be cooler than new skool.
...course I can only affoard old skool.:D

dumbandyoung
12-21-2006, 06:59 PM
He said do do :D
T.
haha

Redwing247
12-21-2006, 07:15 PM
I custom ordered mine.........white. :D

atomickitn
12-21-2006, 08:31 PM
I am sick of seeing Cheap White interiors at the boat show. What is custom about a plain white flat interior? ...nothing.
Plain White vinyl is what Bayliner puts in there boats. No "Tuck in Roll", no Color, just ugly cheap white vinyl. If your buying a new Custom Boat this year, do not except the trash interiors the custom boat Mfg's are putting in your expensive boat.
Here is an example of a real custom interior...notice tuck and roll, colors, strips to accent the Gel coat.
This is one reason why many are choosing to have 1 company do the hull and another company do the rigging.
first of all you really need to know why the custom boat co's put that plain white interior ...A , maintenance ..B .90% of new customers like the simplicity of the "plain" white interior , for the simple ease of keeping it clean , C ...the tuck and roll is a bitch to repair should you hurt it ,D..when the good folks you have on your boat go walking across it from time to time the stitching comes apart much faster than a solid sheet of vinyl, .....and yes i rig boats ,and are interior is subbed out to a custom interior shop , soo put your foot back in your mouth...

THOR
12-21-2006, 08:48 PM
Good luck with a colored interior in the heat moron.

Nord
12-21-2006, 09:09 PM
I still love that look!! But my white vinyl will never be dated.....hopefully.
I heard you get a free cell phone with the purchase of that custom vinyl!!!
http://www.americanvision.org/images/old_cellphone.jpg

Throttle
12-21-2006, 09:16 PM
first of all you really need to know why the custom boat co's put that plain white interior ...A , maintenance ..B .90% of new customers like the simplicity of the "plain" white interior , for the simple ease of keeping it clean , C ...the tuck and roll is a bitch to repair should you hurt it ,D..when the good folks you have on your boat go walking across it from time to time the stitching comes apart much faster than a solid sheet of vinyl, .....and yes i rig boats ,and are interior is subbed out to a custom interior shop , soo put your foot back in your mouth...
this is a thread kill, but the truth hurts sometimes...
i liked my dads old boat, but i like mine better (and NO its not white)

robk
12-21-2006, 09:37 PM
Hmm... I have white tuck & roll in the Tahiti and multi-colored vinyl to match the paint scheme in the Carerra... I like both :) But I'll agree the colored stuff gets a lot hotter than the white.
Rob

atomickitn
12-21-2006, 09:47 PM
this is a thread kill, but the truth hurts sometimes...
i liked my dads old boat, but i like mine better (and NO its not white)
well it can be ant color they want it but the truth of the matter is most customers prefer the white 8 of 10 is white ,and most have some additional color along with it as well ,usually to go along with their color scheme

AirtimeLavey
12-21-2006, 10:31 PM
Sold my '92 Commander jet this summer. Had white w/gray and tiel vert. stripes, and pink trim with the stitch style you have there. It held up well except for the seat that everyone stood on to enter the boat. Current boat has flat vinyl with minimal seams, but is already splitting in a few places. I prefer the white for the reasons said before, heat, cleanliness, etc.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2301comtrlr.jpg

Classic Daycruiser
12-21-2006, 10:58 PM
A) Whats there to maintain? It gets wet and sweaty and it gets wiped down after each use.
B) .Again it's vinyl...you wipe it down and its clean. White shows more dirt...mold, stain's easily.
C) Vinyl repair is just as easy to fix on tuck and roll as it is with flat piece of vinyl, the difference is you don't have to replace the entire piece of vinyl with tuck and roll.
D) This seems like a problem with the company's Quality where it is outsourced. There is a difference between tuck and roll and imatation stitching to look like tuck and roll.
If you tested the engineered strength of a double stitched tuck and roll (2'x2' sq.), I can assure you a flat piece of vinyl will fail at least 20 times faster than tuck and roll.
[To give you an example: Take a sheet of aluminum 1/8 inch thick and lay it between two 4x4 pieces of wood and jump on it, and it will bend streaching the the aluminum. Then take C-channel aluminum 3 inches wide and attach them together with aluminum pop rivets. Place your 2'x2' pop riveted C-channel on the same 4x4's and jump on it. It would take 20 times more weight for it to fail, and the failure would happen in the middle of the of the aluminum (not in the seams like you have thought)]
So tuck an roll is 20 times stronger than a flat piece of vinyl. Same reason bunggy cords are made up of thousands of elastic strains, instead of one soild cord.
Custom Boat companys started assembling large flat vinyl sheets because it is less labor intensive and the cost to find and hire skilled labor hurt there bottom line. Have you ever seen a poor tuck and roll job...the tucks have to be straight.
By the way, how big is your foot:D
All I'm saying is when I go to a boat show, all I see is white. Why pay to go to the boat show and all you see is the Typical White interior? Be creative...be custom...be on the leading edge...not a follower...
If a customer wants white, give it too them, but don't tell them the white interiors don't get hot...they do. That is why everybody at havasu uses towels on there seat...white, brown, black.
You boat in the desert in June-August and everything is hot.

Devilman
12-22-2006, 04:20 AM
If a customer wants white, give it too them, but don't tell them the white interiors don't get hot...they do. That is why everybody at havasu uses towels on there seat...white, brown, black.
I hear ya on that. If the white seats are really cooler, temperature-wise, I'd hate to feel what a darker color would do to ya. :eek: Everybody I talked to when I got my seats done, said stay with the lightest colors possible or they get too hot. Have to say though, anything sitting out in the heat of the day, its gonna get hot, no matter the color.:rollside:

havasu5150
12-22-2006, 04:46 AM
Classic Daycruiser...Nice Mojave. When did you get it, it looks very similar to one a freind of mine sold a few years back.
By the way, i prefer white interior with understated color accents. Has a cleaner look to it in my opinion.

shadow
12-22-2006, 05:25 AM
I like the looks of both interiors old school & new school.In the boat that matches the Era.
old school would look just plain STUPID in a new Ultra,DCB or Eliminator!
As would plain white in your Classic.IMHO

shadow
12-22-2006, 05:27 AM
Imagine this Magic with tuck & roll,How GHETTO would that be?

beerjet
12-22-2006, 05:54 AM
I like the looks of both interiors old school & new school.In the boat that matches the Era.
old school would look just plain STUPID in a new Ultra,DCB or Eliminator!
As would plain white in your Classic.IMHO
Truer words have never been spoken .

dirty old man
12-22-2006, 08:31 AM
Classic Day, you don't know what the heck you are talking about. Grow up a few years

Dribble
12-22-2006, 08:56 AM
Nothing cheap about it. Most of the ballers on here can afford to order any interior they want. In the 100+ degree temps in Norcal I'll take the white interior with matching accents all day long. Those colored sections run about 30 degrees hotter and I don't want to keep the bimini up all day long.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/365dsc_0031.jpg

707dog
12-22-2006, 09:07 AM
I Say Hell As Long As You Got A Boat With A Damn Seat To Sit In And Atleast It Has Some Kinda Padding Lets Go For A Ride And Enjoy Some Road Sodas..if Not Stand On The Shoreline And Ill Wave As I Go By...lmao..my 2cents

Ziggy
12-22-2006, 09:24 AM
You sit in a vinyl seat in 60 degree weather and you sweat too........that's not a good argument for your cause.
I think Shadow summarized it best, interiors matched to the era of the boat works best.

460 jus getn it
12-22-2006, 09:37 AM
White and red boat, white and red interior.......................................... ..

Devilman
12-22-2006, 09:41 AM
White and red boat, white and red interior.......................................... ..
Spilled strawberry Fanta don't count bro......:D

2001HTM
12-22-2006, 09:49 AM
does not do it for me.................way back when i had my 77hallett yes, but now
2007 - simple is way better and much nicer. having a nice jell job is what matters
these days not the interior. u have to think about the resale factor as well, not everybody likes all kind of colors in their interior. plain just looks clean and simple,
not overdone!

Froggystyle
12-22-2006, 09:58 AM
I don't put white interiors in our boats for a lot of the reasons people are using for putting them in... funny...
Contrary to popular belief, they don't clean easily. They stain, they yellow and they absorb color off of a lot of different items... including sunscreen, tanning cream, plastic grocery bags, vinyl inflatable toys etc... The UV protection available in white is not very good either. It is a very hard color to keep from deteriorating. If you think you have a clean white interior, go get a new piece of "Patilla Snow White", the preferred vinyl for the marine industry and see how it looks compared to your "clean" interior. The worst part about the white interior is the threads in the seams. Percieved good quality interiors are "triple stitched" with exposed seams. I say perceived, because in most cases they are fake triple stitches, or pseudo-taped seams. The reason for "the look" of the triple stitched seams is that in the real method (the one we use BTW...) the two top stitches hold on a piece of tape in the rear. This tape takes up the stress of the seam instead of the thread itself. I have never seen a "triple stitched" boat interior that actually had done that. Mostly, they sew the seam and just turn under the ends and sew them up. Turning what appears to be the strongest seam possible for that type of joint into the weakest. Now, the only thing holding the seam together is the thread and little pieces of material between the thread. Check it out... you will be pissed. It is also why seams keep blowing out. Anyway, back to the thread... it never wears as nicely as the vinyl, so it looks grey and dingy nearly immediately. Well, not immediately... just as soon as you clean it with ANYTHING. So, your clean white interior is broken up by dirty threads everywhere.
Our interiors are built using very light shades of gray. Think of the sun as a black and white camera. Red looks black, right? Blue looks black... Green looks black etc... But light grey looks white, light tan looks white etc... If it looks white to a black and white picture, it looks white to the sun. Anything in those shades will reflect heat very well. The light gray is very easy to maintain, the threads match it as soon as you clean it and it isn't hot. Additionally, we use a perforated pattern to hide scuffs even easier.
Nothing de-values a boat faster than a shoddy interior, which is another thing we have done to address this problem. Our interior is completely modular, and relatively inexpensive. If you stick a tent spike through a seat base, or drag a cooler across it that had something sticking off... you can imagine this... I can have you a new seat in two days. All of the CAD cut pieces are modular, and allow us to easily interchange with a new piece. On that note, if you have a Trident Revolution for 15 years and you want to sell it, you are about $3500 and a couple of hours away from a completely new interior. How much do you think that would raise the used value?
There is more to building an interior the right way than to send it out to D&S or Quality. You should be looking for ZERO wood these days. No rotting, no warping. You should be looking for bacteria inhibiting foam and vinyl. Boats are going to get wet. Some are going to smell. The ones with the good marine foam (not the hard black foam you see in a lot of boats today) will be the ones holding up and smelling less. Look for real taped seams, not fake taped seams and look for only stainless staples. If your seats are fabricated (held together by screws and such) make sure you have stainless hardware in them. Many, many boats today have cad-coated steel drywall screws holding the seats together. Do the math.

Deano
12-22-2006, 09:58 AM
Imagine this Magic with tuck & roll,How GHETTO would that be?
VERY..I think tuck in roll looks like shit on any boat unless it is a well done restoration without dark colors :) welcome to the present.

buzzaro
12-22-2006, 10:03 AM
A) Whats there to maintain? It gets wet and sweaty and it gets wiped down after each use.
Ok maybe as stated this way, we will assume maintenance is the same.
B) .Again it's vinyl...you wipe it down and its clean. White shows more dirt...mold, stain's easily.
In this case, definatly not the same, how much dirt and grime and sweat and water gets down in the rolls? I can assure you its a lot and certainly more difficult to clean and maintain. Everything left in those nooks and crannys also helps wear it out faster.
C) Vinyl repair is just as easy to fix on tuck and roll as it is with flat piece of vinyl, the difference is you don't have to replace the entire piece of vinyl with tuck and roll.
Have you ever done vinyl? It is most certainly not as easy to repair. In some cases a seam may be as easy but in most its not. Furthermore on your colored pieces if you only repair one strip in the tuck and roll then the new piece's color wont match the older faded stuff.
D) This seems like a problem with the company's Quality where it is outsourced. There is a difference between tuck and roll and imatation stitching to look like tuck and roll.
If you tested the engineered strength of a double stitched tuck and roll (2'x2' sq.), I can assure you a flat piece of vinyl will fail at least 20 times faster than tuck and roll.
[To give you an example: Take a sheet of aluminum 1/8 inch thick and lay it between two 4x4 pieces of wood and jump on it, and it will bend streaching the the aluminum. Then take C-channel aluminum 3 inches wide and attach them together with aluminum pop rivets. Place your 2'x2' pop riveted C-channel on the same 4x4's and jump on it. It would take 20 times more weight for it to fail, and the failure would happen in the middle of the of the aluminum (not in the seams like you have thought)]
So tuck an roll is 20 times stronger than a flat piece of vinyl. Same reason bunggy cords are made up of thousands of elastic strains, instead of one soild cord.
This argument is flawed in so many ways, the first being that C channel and (we'll call it for now) vinyl channel most certainly do not have the same properties. Neither do aluminum sheet and vinyl sheet, the most basic being elasticity. As for the 20x strength factor? 90% of all statistics are made up on the spot. Also things tend to fail at the weakest spots, and in the case of upholstery its the seams. So add 10x more seams?
Are some of things youre saying true? Sure they are. However saying that tuck and roll is the end all be all of upholstery is not. Was it cool for a while? Of course it was and still is, its just not for everyone.

Froggystyle
12-22-2006, 10:10 AM
I hear ya on that. If the white seats are really cooler, temperature-wise, I'd hate to feel what a darker color would do to ya. :eek: Everybody I talked to when I got my seats done, said stay with the lightest colors possible or they get too hot. Have to say though, anything sitting out in the heat of the day, its gonna get hot, no matter the color.:rollside:
We brought a pyrometer out to the lake with us for one of the brutally hot days in July-August. The light gray was 120 degrees, the silver billet aluminum plates were 135 and the red was 170. Dark orange was 140+ depending on where you looked in the blend. White was right around 120.
It makes a huge difference. You can sit on white, you can't sit on red or brown.

dirty old man
12-22-2006, 10:15 AM
right on froggy

Classic Daycruiser
12-22-2006, 10:20 AM
Some of you see what I'm actually doing.... challenging the the custom boat market to be more innovative with their interiors. Masking the problem of hot seats by making them white is not innovative. There still hot at 110 degrees.
Maybe a liquided cooled seat design? Heat resistant fabric? Redesigned bimini tops?
I use my boat year around. In the summer I use damp towels and a bimini. In the winter I need heated seats. If you want me to buy a new boat for as much as a new corvette (or more), it better be just as nice on the inside as it is on the outside.
Ask your Mfg for liquid cooled/heated seat at the boat show this year....and maybe late next year they'll be available.

460 jus getn it
12-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Spilled strawberry Fanta don't count bro......:D
LMAO............................................Ba stard

Devilman
12-22-2006, 10:27 AM
We brought a pyrometer out to the lake with us for one of the brutally hot days in July-August. The light gray was 120 degrees, the silver billet aluminum plates were 135 and the red was 170. Dark orange was 140+ depending on where you looked in the blend. White was right around 120.
It makes a huge difference. You can sit on white, you can't sit on red or brown.
Glad I took their word for it. LOL My interior is supposed to be a color called "Mist" which was a light grey. Looks white to me, though. Big reason other than temperature, was to keep it as neutral as I could, as there was/is the possibility of changing colors on the boat. I think I pulled it off. It matches the boat as it is now, but doesn't limit me on paint color later down the road. :cool:

Classic Daycruiser
12-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Ok maybe as stated this way, we will assume maintenance is the same.
In this case, definatly not the same, how much dirt and grime and sweat and water gets down in the rolls? I can assure you its a lot and certainly more difficult to clean and maintain. Everything left in those nooks and crannys also helps wear it out faster.
Have you ever done vinyl? It is most certainly not as easy to repair. In some cases a seam may be as easy but in most its not. Furthermore on your colored pieces if you only repair one strip in the tuck and roll then the new piece's color wont match the older faded stuff.
This argument is flawed in so many ways, the first being that C channel and (we'll call it for now) vinyl channel most certainly do not have the same properties. Neither do aluminum sheet and vinyl sheet, the most basic being elasticity. As for the 20x strength factor? 90% of all statistics are made up on the spot. Also things tend to fail at the weakest spots, and in the case of upholstery its the seams. So add 10x more seams?
Are some of things youre saying true? Sure they are. However saying that tuck and roll is the end all be all of upholstery is not. Was it cool for a while? Of course it was and still is, its just not for everyone.
We are looking at design, not material property. If the vinyl seams are double stitched, the seam is not the weakest point, the vinyl is.

buzzaro
12-22-2006, 10:37 AM
We are looking at design, not material property. If the vinyl seams are double stitched, the seam is not the weakest point, the vinyl is.
Ok, it was your analogy bringing up a different material. Going beyond that to the weakest point argument, take two peices of vinyl stitched together and begin to stretch them, its going to fail at the seam. Is it the stitching that failed? No its the vinyl where you weakened it with holes. At what point does the vinyl fail at a point other than the seam? Double? Triple? Quad stitch? I dont know but it becomes very labor intensive and expensive. Also the other weaknesses of Tuck and Roll I mentioned still apply.

Froggystyle
12-22-2006, 10:59 AM
Ok, it was your analogy bringing up a different material. Going beyond that to the weakest point argument, take two peices of vinyl stitched together and begin to stretch them, its going to fail at the seam. Is it the stitching that failed? No its the vinyl where you weakened it with holes. At what point does the vinyl fail at a point other than the seam? Double? Triple? Quad stitch? I dont know but it becomes very labor intensive and expensive. Also the other weaknesses of Tuck and Roll I mentioned still apply.
Reference the part about "triple stitched" in my post. Imagine how weak a fake triple stitch is...

C-2
12-22-2006, 11:02 AM
Let me rephrase my post….
Some of you see what I'm actually doing.... challenging the the custom boat market to be more innovative with their interiors. .
They already did that.
It happened about the same time us guys figured out we shouldn’t have to mow thru a tumbleweed to get to the good stuff.
When I bought my boat in 95, I made sure that crap wasn't in there. So now I have oldschool gel, with "newschool" interior...I'm all fawked up :sqeyes:

C-2
12-22-2006, 11:05 AM

RiverDave
12-22-2006, 12:53 PM
Some of you see what I'm actually doing.... challenging the the custom boat market to be more innovative with their interiors. Masking the problem of hot seats by making them white is not innovative. There still hot at 110 degrees.
Maybe a liquided cooled seat design? Heat resistant fabric? Redesigned bimini tops?
I use my boat year around. In the summer I use damp towels and a bimini. In the winter I need heated seats. If you want me to buy a new boat for as much as a new corvette (or more), it better be just as nice on the inside as it is on the outside.
Ask your Mfg for liquid cooled/heated seat at the boat show this year....and maybe late next year they'll be available.
Couple of DRY towels work perfectly for the seats that aren't under a bimini.. Seats under the bimini don't really get "burning" hot if my experience. After you put the towels on them incidentally (while the boat is parked) you can remove the towels before you leave and the seats won't be to hot to sit on, regardless of the color.
RD

catman-do
12-22-2006, 12:55 PM
When we bought our ultra we had the choice on the interior. I had a previous boat with colored interior and will never do that again. The bimini as you know only covers so much, especially when the sun is at any angle. So the seats will get hot, and just because my passenger is in shade doesnt mean i am, vice versa. Plus to me colored interiors seem to get sun faded too quick and makes the material look old. Not a fan of the rolled stitching either. I like it simple and clean. Also a reason we left the top deck white (atleast a majority).

RiverDave
12-22-2006, 12:55 PM
I'm very surprised there wasn't a larger gap in temperatures between colors. I would've thought silver/chrome billet plates would get up to 200+ degrees or there abouts. If you ever want to try it again, use a quick read cooking thermometer like what you'd use for a BBQ. The probe only reads at the tip, and they are deadly accurate.
RD

RiverDave
12-22-2006, 12:56 PM
You maybe onto something with the heat resistant fabric, but liquid cooled seats.. Not such a good idea. Your just giving your boat about 30 more leak points, and something else that's gonna break down the road.
RD