PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear about the new dog leash law

Ziggy
12-22-2006, 02:36 PM
Saw a blip on the news today...........No dog is to be restrained on a leash unattended for more than 3 hr over a 24 hr period.....believe it goes into effect 1-1-07
What's your thoughts

andy01
12-22-2006, 02:42 PM
I think it should be shorter then that. Some people look at dogs different then others. My dog to me is like a son to others. I would do anything for him and want him always hangin in the house with us. But some people think of them just as a pet and should be outside in a dog house. Different strokes for different folks I guess. It's a good law, what kind of qaulity of life does a dog have being chained/leashed up all day.
Andy

Troy McClure
12-22-2006, 02:43 PM
I don't think a dog should be tied up all day, makes for a neglected dog, but there should not be laws against it.
We have enough laws already.:mad: :mad:

Ziggy
12-22-2006, 02:51 PM
My dogs live outdoors but have free running of the whole property.....happiest dogs I've ever owned in my lifetime.
I do know there could be instances where restraining a dog may be nec. A friend has a breed that is inherently a runner, seems to run in that particular breed. It also happens to be able to climb chainlink of 6+ feet so a long leash allowing her to have access to 90% of the yard is not inhumane in my eyes, she's far from a vicious animal, quite the opposite.
My understanding is the law is to prevent angry dogs from becoming angrier who are lashed up to a 4 foot rope for the whole day.

djunkie
12-22-2006, 02:54 PM
I think it should be shorter then that. Some people look at dogs different then others. My dog to me is like a son to others. I would do anything for him and want him always hangin in the house with us. But some people think of them just as a pet and should be outside in a dog house. Different strokes for different folks I guess. It's a good law, what kind of qaulity of life does a dog have being chained/leashed up all day.
Andy
I agree 100%. But like you said, some people don't see their dogs as parts of the family like us.

Ziggy
12-22-2006, 04:18 PM
I agree 100%. But like you said, some people don't see their dogs as parts of the family like us.Totally part of the family....there are times we swear the younger dog was human in her past life.