PDA

View Full Version : Trident Boats red/white out on the road, damn I love that boat

wsuwrhr
12-22-2006, 09:39 PM
After a day at Teague, Wes and Dave working out the details getting the platnum drive hung correctly.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63redwhite1.jpg

wsuwrhr
12-22-2006, 09:39 PM
I drove out to meet them with the latest load of Trident billet parts since they had the chance to motor on by my hood for once.
Dave and I ate a nice pizza, a guy approached us in the restaurant and Wes went out with him to check out the boat, one after the other wanted to check out the Revolution, poor Wes came back to a cold pizza he bought.
Thanks for lunch.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63redwhite2.jpg

wsuwrhr
12-22-2006, 09:40 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63redwhite3.jpg

wsuwrhr
12-22-2006, 09:40 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63redwhite4.jpg

wsuwrhr
12-22-2006, 09:41 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63redwhite6.jpg

Mandelon
12-22-2006, 09:43 PM
Looking good. I am looking forward to hearing the performance numbers.

BigDoug
12-22-2006, 10:48 PM
Is it me or anyone else notice that one of the stripes on the rear doesn't line up ?

cxr133
12-22-2006, 10:50 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63redwhite2.jpg
its probably an optical illusion......

Phat Matt
12-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Is it me or anyone else notice that one of the stripes on the rear doesn't line up ?
It's the perspective. The line continues on the deck. You can't see that part from the pic. Remember the deck wraps around on the back left side.

SHOTKALLIN
12-22-2006, 10:52 PM
That gives it character. when there are 50 of them in the channel he will know which one is his.:D

BigDoug
12-22-2006, 11:08 PM
Oh crap...................your right Matt :eek: i forgot about the walk around deck and iv'e even driver Wes' boat :)

Throttle
12-22-2006, 11:20 PM
i want to see more....

Kahuna
12-23-2006, 02:17 AM
It's the perspective. The line continues on the deck. You can't see that part from the pic. Remember the deck wraps around on the back left side.
Is it me or does it look like that there is not going to be too much room for the drive. What is the lowest that you can mount a drive and have the drive be at the level the boat planes at when running at speed? I guess that they are not going to be any lower spacers on this drive setup.

scarabrick2
12-23-2006, 08:20 AM
Maybe he's going to run a standoff box. They make a box the raises the drive you know. Otherwise, i think the leg might be a little deep. but who am i !!!! I don't build boats.
RICK

Kachina26
12-23-2006, 09:04 AM
Jerzees?

wsuwrhr
12-23-2006, 09:11 AM
It is over the step on the side of the boat, it does look funny at eye level.

wsuwrhr
12-23-2006, 09:14 AM
i want to see more....
On the Trident site there are probably more pictures, I just shot a few myself when we were leaving. It is the first time I have seen red/white out of the shop.
Brian

RitcheyRch
12-23-2006, 09:15 AM
Looks good.

Kahuna
12-23-2006, 09:37 AM
The boat is getting fit for an Ilmor MV-10 550 horsepower Viper motor and bolted to a Teague Custom Marine XR Platinum drive. $143,000

wsuwrhr
12-23-2006, 09:42 AM
The boat is getting fit for an Ilmor MV-10 550 horsepower Viper motor and bolted to a Teague Custom Marine XR Platinum drive. $143,000
I think you better let Wes quote the price.

fatboy95
12-23-2006, 09:55 AM
yeah, but it really doesn't matter with that design. just another Ultra look alike

Phat Matt
12-23-2006, 09:59 AM
He did.
But, we want to get the first ones on the water right away. Trident is going to sell the next two boats, by the end of this year, at below wholesale prices. We are looking for two prospective buyers who will have a hell of a present under their Christmas tree. We will have the first one finished in about 3 weeks, and we invite every potential purchaser to respond to the website and schedule a test ride. The third boat, "Working Girl Red" will be offered with the above-specified Ilmor/Teague package at a below-wholesale price of $143,000, and the fourth boat "Deep Ocean Blue" is slated for a 525 Merc/Bravo One at $137,000. This is strictly a first come/first served deal, and if you want to be one of the lucky two reply at once to wes@tridentboats.com.

Kahuna
12-23-2006, 10:00 AM
The price is listed on their website.

wsuwrhr
12-23-2006, 10:00 AM
It never ceases to amaze me what people will post just to get a rise out of someone.
Would some of you really say this sort of thing in the same company where you could get your ass handed to you?
Just curious.
Merry Christmas!!!
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-23-2006, 10:01 AM
The price is listed on their website.
Ok Kahuna.
Sorry about that. The price didn't seem right. I guess it is.

wsuwrhr
12-23-2006, 10:02 AM
I stand corrected

franky
12-23-2006, 10:31 AM
I thought the whole idea behind this boat design was to run a jet drive efficiently. What happened?

wsuwrhr
12-23-2006, 10:34 AM
I thought the whole idea behind this boat design was to run a jet drive efficiently. What happened?
I am trying to find your answer

wsuwrhr
12-23-2006, 10:38 AM
I was not able to find the thread where Wes explained about the swtich to outdrive.
I dont think l am qualified to answer, I am sure he will respond

Havasu1986
12-23-2006, 10:38 AM
I think it was something to do with the price of the boat.

phebus
12-23-2006, 10:57 AM
Wes, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I beleive he stated the reason for the switch was that the technology isn't there yet to achieve the results he wanted from the jet drive, and he owes it to his customers and investors to bring a quality product to market now, and still continue to work on the jet drive.

shadow
12-23-2006, 11:09 AM
I think it was something to do with the price of the boat.
i'd say thats a good start.

AirtimeLavey
12-23-2006, 11:12 AM
Pics look great. Still looking forward to seeing one in person. Too bad the jet drive(s) isn't working out. :cool:

wsuwrhr
12-23-2006, 11:15 AM
If I would have known, sir.
I would have invited you to the party.
We were on Day Creek and the 210, at the Pizza factory.
Sorry about that, won't happen again.
Brian
Pics look great. Still looking forward to seeing one in person. Too bad the jet drive(s) isn't working out. :cool:

Phat Matt
12-23-2006, 11:15 AM
The Dual Drive Adventure:
As you all well know, the Revolution was designed to accept the Dual Drive jet propulsion system. The advantages of this system as applied to our 27 foot deck boat have been well documented, the theories have been examined and largely borne out from our initial experience and testing. The hole shot is unbelievable. The system has numerous advantages over a stern drive in safety, acceleration, simplicity, cost and low maintenance.
That, anyway, is the theory. In practice, we have found that while the benefits of this system do undeniably exist, especially the acceleration part, there are serious development issues yet to be resolved. The two main question marks are gearbox reliability and water inlet hydrodynamics. The two are related. The water inlet as currently designed limits the performance of the jet pumps and above 60 MPH the jets act mainly as a water brake dynamometer. This puts exceptional strain on the other drive components, mainly the engine and gearbox. These are engineering challenges that will be resolved, and the potential of the system realized, but for now we do not have a system that is well enough sorted out to deliver to the public.
What we do have is undeniably the world’s best 27 foot deck boat. Everyone who has ridden in the boat and experienced the handling, design, pristine rigging, unbelievable audio system, quality of components, attention to detail and, notably, the dropped jaws from everyone else on the water knows that everything Trident brings to the party is well above the level brought by the competition. What has been missing until now is a reliable propulsion system.

Froggystyle
12-23-2006, 12:28 PM
I think Matt pretty much covered everything... any questions? :D
The drive is too low still. We are running a 2" shorty sportmaster lower and only going to be putting it 1.5" below the boat. With a total boat weight of only 3400# or so fully rigged with the Ilmor package, we will be surfacing the drive almost as soon as the boat is moving, so we can really pull it up there for the "X" dimension.
That transom adapter turned out to be "version 1". We were on our way back from Teague Custom Marine when those pics were taken, and the drive is actually going up a bit from there to fit the new lower.
We are all looking very forward to getting her on the water with the stern drive. Not all of the energy was wasted with the jet development though... most of the bugs in the dual drive gear box are pretty much worked out, and I will be keeping a jet in my own boat. It is a better drive for a deck boat, and I feel confident that down the road the top speed performance will be in line with what you can expect from a comparable outdrive system, but with ten times the holeshot.
It was cool driving it through LA too... I have never gotten so many thumbs up and smiles. Like Brian said, one stop out in the parking lot and there were four people lined up to take a look. We definitely have a winner on our hands.
I invite you all to come down and check out the boat in person. Make your decisions good or bad after that. Drinks are on me...

Froggystyle
12-23-2006, 12:29 PM
yeah, but it really doesn't matter with that design. just another Ultra look alike
Out of curiosity, could you please post a picture of an Ultra that it looks like? Thanks.

Phat Matt
12-23-2006, 12:36 PM
I think Matt pretty much covered everything... any questions? :D
Just helping a friend out. Oh, and next time call me when you are around the corner. :)
On a side note, I got your message and tried to see if we could change plans but we have to Havi that weekend. I have to pick up my Genny for a camping trip and get a prop off for (hopefully) repair. Plus we have dinner and a VIP booth set up with others.

That Guy
12-23-2006, 12:44 PM
Plus we have dinner and a VIP booth set up with others.
That sounds like a fun nite...maybe we'll show up....:D

Phat Matt
12-23-2006, 12:56 PM
That sounds like a fun nite...maybe we'll show up....:D
At least Denise. :)

That Guy
12-23-2006, 01:03 PM
At least Denise. :)
Focker.....:mad: :devil: :) Say hi to Jen and tell her thanks for last nite...I mean happy holidays.....:D :D :D
Thread jacking officially over....I think the Trident looks great!

Froggystyle
12-23-2006, 02:40 PM
Focker.....:mad: :devil: :) Say hi to Jen and tell her thanks for last nite...I mean happy holidays.....:D :D :D
Thread jacking officially over....I think the Trident looks great!
Can't wait to get you guys on it this summer! It's going to be a great year.

John.
12-23-2006, 03:05 PM
are you going to have a boat at the LA boat show?

Froggystyle
12-23-2006, 03:22 PM
are you going to have a boat at the LA boat show?
Trying to. Space there goes by seniority at the show. You need to be at the show for a couple of years in order to be in the good spots. I could have showed in the dungeon, but with the more premium boats up in South Hall we wanted to make our mark there.
To me, South Hall looks like a boat show. Kentia Hall looks like a garage. Appropriate, considering when it isn't a boat show venue it is a parking garage. I can't see spending the money that we were going to dedicate to a show to end up in a spot with bad lighting, low ceilings and columns every thirty feet.
We are hoping for a cancellation upstairs. There are some manufacturers feeling the pinch of the housing market downturn right now and they may need to give up their spots.
Frankly, I may dedicate our resources into hitting the other shows even harder. It would be great to do LA, but if they insist upon splitting up the show and creating a bummer of an entry-level spot, I may not show there until we can get upstairs.

That Guy
12-23-2006, 04:14 PM
Can't wait to get you guys on it this summer! It's going to be a great year.
Thanks Wes and we can't wait either.....:)

mbrown2
12-23-2006, 04:17 PM
Trying to. Space there goes by seniority at the show. You need to be at the show for a couple of years in order to be in the good spots. I could have showed in the dungeon, but with the more premium boats up in South Hall we wanted to make our mark there.
To me, South Hall looks like a boat show. Kentia Hall looks like a garage. Appropriate, considering when it isn't a boat show venue it is a parking garage. I can't see spending the money that we were going to dedicate to a show to end up in a spot with bad lighting, low ceilings and columns every thirty feet.
We are hoping for a cancellation upstairs. There are some manufacturers feeling the pinch of the housing market downturn right now and they may need to give up their spots.
Frankly, I may dedicate our resources into hitting the other shows even harder. It would be great to do LA, but if they insist upon splitting up the show and creating a bummer of an entry-level spot, I may not show there until we can get upstairs.
I hear ya, but you gotta start somewhere to build the seniority....the other shows are nothing compared to LA. It provides the best visibilty for your boat. In addition, the other show venues don't look much better then what you call the garage.....ie: Pomona Fairgrounds ie: you can be next to the Hot Dog on a Stick...
I think the bottom gets just as much traffic as the top and most I know go back to the bottom level and spend more time on their 2nd trip to the show cause that is where the accessories are located. I think with right booth setup and appeal you can generate just as much buzz as the top floor and you won't be sitting next to a Baja or Rinker booth. Ultra has a better setup downstairs then most up stairs and the level of traffic downstairs at their booth was just as high as DCB from my point of view.
My .02

John.
12-23-2006, 04:23 PM
I totally understand. our first time to the show was last year. we spent the entire first day upstairs. then spent 2/3 of the second day upstairs and only a quick stop downstairs. of course, that's when we saw the Ultra boats and decided that we wanted one...we never got a chance to fully explore the bottom level.
so, my vote is for you to get a spot at the show. I'd like to see your boat and probably won't have a chance any other time...unless you want to hit the Sacramento boat show...you'll need to add a tower and some down-riggers to fit in at the Sac show though.

Froggystyle
12-23-2006, 04:49 PM
I hear you guys, but I have always been loathe to participate in anything that is seniority based. In my opinion, money should talk... period.
Maybe this is my own personal crusade against the system, but I think it is a really poor idea to mix any boats short of inflatables down with the accessories. There is exactly zero way I am going to get out of the show for less than $30K, and I don't see paying it to go downstairs.
In my mind, that $30K is better spent taking the boat out every weekend of the year during the summer. Making road trips, hiring drivers, buying beer and gas etc... We went out nearly every single weekend last summer and it payed off huge for us from an exposure standpoint.
Or, $30K into magazine ads. Or T-shirts, or stickers, or trucks, or hookers for clients... you get the picture.
I would rather not spend money to look JV. The only thing about downstairs that interests me is that I just found out that Fountain couldn't get upstairs either. I figure I can get some gold chains and hang out with Reggie.

Froggystyle
12-23-2006, 04:51 PM
I totally understand. our first time to the show was last year. we spent the entire first day upstairs. then spent 2/3 of the second day upstairs and only a quick stop downstairs. of course, that's when we saw the Ultra boats and decided that we wanted one...we never got a chance to fully explore the bottom level.
so, my vote is for you to get a spot at the show. I'd like to see your boat and probably won't have a chance any other time...unless you want to hit the Sacramento boat show...you'll need to add a tower and some down-riggers to fit in at the Sac show though.
I'll be slamming the Delta this year. We are focusing the marketing effort on Nor-Cal this summer, whereas this summer is was Socal and Phoenix. I am from Sonoma, so expect Berryessa, Folsom, Delta, Discovery Bay, San Francisco Bay, Clearlake and New Hogan this summer.

John.
12-23-2006, 04:57 PM
I'll be slamming the Delta this year. We are focusing the marketing effort on Nor-Cal this summer, whereas this summer is was Socal and Phoenix. I am from Sonoma, so expect Berryessa, Folsom, Delta, Discovery Bay, San Francisco Bay, Clearlake and New Hogan this summer.
cool. well, let me know when you're up in the area and we can meet up. We can give you a nice NorCal welcoming. I live in Folsom, but Berryessa, the Delta and New Hogan are not that far away.

Froggystyle
12-23-2006, 05:00 PM
cool. well, let me know when you're up in the area and we can meet up. We can give you a nice NorCal welcoming. I live in Folsom, but Berryessa, the Delta and New Hogan are not that far away.
Guaranteed.
I am off to catch "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" at the Old Globe theatre in Balboa Park with Audrey...
You kids have fun and play nicely.
Wes

Jordy
12-23-2006, 05:01 PM
whereas this summer is was Socal and Phoenix.
Tell me you're making one trip out this way for some Trident Tip and some special top secret recipie margs in the parking lot??? :( :eek:

shueman
12-23-2006, 05:52 PM
Where's my checkbook... :D Damm that one is beauty....:p

Boa1277
12-23-2006, 08:58 PM
That one is my favorite one yet, I really dig the colors, I think the Tridents pop better than any of the other ones, (not saying they are not nice) at least from a picture stanpoint. I cannot wait to see the numbers, I bet he is running the same speeds as guys with 700 to 850hp, weight is everything and from everything I have read that is one light boat...I truly am a fan of the I/O Merry X-Mas to all.

wsuwrhr
12-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Now are you talking about selling boats to hookers, or.....are you saying what I think you are saying?
How much is that boat again? I just may be able to swing white red after all....
or hookers for clients....

DCBDaytona
12-24-2006, 05:48 AM
Wow...:sqeyes:

Sherpa
12-24-2006, 06:24 AM
Wes,
I'd really like to come out for a delta run with you guys and your boat....
Here's tp hoping to see a schedule for the summer for us norcal/delta guys.
Maybe you could even take one of yours out on the big blue to go get some
under-water time in........ as in diving, not boat retreiving...
--Beautiful boat........
--Sherpa

Froggystyle
12-24-2006, 09:24 AM
Tell me you're making one trip out this way for some Trident Tip and some special top secret recipie margs in the parking lot??? :( :eek:
No question. I still think that Phoenix is going to be one of our strongest markets. You guys just know how to party there...
And, it pretty much takes a G-d out houseboat to out-party this thing. I know you have them in Humbug, but we do end up coming in there and having a great time.
Phoenix is on the list. Norcal is going to be big this year. I guess they shut down Putah Creek, which is my old hood. I don't know where it will be going off instead, but I want to go for sure.
Hey Sherpa... I have no problem hitting the tanks with it. I probably won't be using a client's boat, but I will bring ours out there no problem. I don't know about going out past the Farralons though... that tends to be pretty rough even for serious ocean boats.

Froggystyle
12-24-2006, 09:28 AM
That one is my favorite one yet, I really dig the colors, I think the Tridents pop better than any of the other ones, (not saying they are not nice) at least from a picture stanpoint. I cannot wait to see the numbers, I bet he is running the same speeds as guys with 700 to 850hp, weight is everything and from everything I have read that is one light boat...I truly am a fan of the I/O Merry X-Mas to all.
That is the theory. We are hoping to have the fastest boat with any specific power in the class. You take a 22' Stoker with our power it should run pretty fast, but anything 26' and over we should have covered up by an awful lot.
BTW... before you go believing what ANYONE is saying about finished weight, ask to weigh it. I have done some comparisons to advertised weight myself and they aren't even close.... some are VERY optimistic to say the least. We have a 2000# advantage on most of the boats in the class, and that is without stereo and accessories like the drop down ramp and all the billet work. We can get a lot lighter if need be too. You just lose some bling.

wsuwrhr
12-24-2006, 10:17 AM
No doubts about that.
We can get a lot lighter if need be too.
Not necesarily. We can have a "factory lightweight" bling version.
You just lose some bling.

Froggystyle
12-24-2006, 10:20 AM
No doubts about that.
Not necesarily. We can have a "factory lightweight" bling version.
I am talking about no step plates, lightweight seat base, lose the inner handles in favor of straps, dump the stereo and lose two batteries etc... There is easily 300-400# of weight savings on this boat keeping full functionality. You would lose the big stereo mostly. That could get us below 3,000# with a 27' deckboat if done. That would be 600# lighter than my last 21' by the way...

wsuwrhr
12-24-2006, 10:25 AM
No way man.
Mill pockets in the backside of the step plates, lightweight seat base, lightweight handles. Mill pockets in the backside of everything.
We could have a factory RACE deckboat. With bling.
Think about it.
Brian
I am talking about no step plates, lightweight seat base, lose the inner handles in favor of straps, dump the stereo and lose two batteries etc... There is easily 300-400# of weight savings on this boat keeping full functionality. You would lose the big stereo mostly. That could get us below 3,000# with a 27' deckboat if done. That would be 600# lighter than my last 21' by the way...

Froggystyle
12-24-2006, 08:42 PM
No way man.
Mill pockets in the backside of the step plates, lightweight seat base, lightweight handles. Mill pockets in the backside of everything.
We could have a factory RACE deckboat. With bling.
Think about it.
Brian
I will build a higher performance platform sooner than later, but this is a deckboat. It is one of the reasons we didn't sweat weight so much that we took out batteries and such...
As it is, we will have to schlep along only being 2,000# lighter than others... ;)