PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Boat Maybe ?

sawtooth
12-23-2006, 10:24 PM
I was headed up to Havasu to spend Christmas with my Dad late this afternoon on HWY. 177 and pulled off the road to releive myself an low and behold the big dirt mound I pull behind had a boat sitting there.....in the middel of the desert, about 100 - 150 yards off the HWY. I am talking a nice boat, the motors are missing (it's a twin setup) and the drives are missing. The boat is a 32' - 34' Eliminator cat that is white with purple and yellow graphic on both sides, it is sitting on a very nice triple axle Competitive trailer that is purple. It has stand off box'es that are purple with GS Marine stickers on them. The boat has Lake Havasu sticker on the rear transom and a great white shark sticker on each side and the rear transom.
I first thouhgt that maybe somebody had car/truck trouble and had to leave it or maybe had trailer trouble (flat tire, wheel bearing, etc.) not the case, trailer is in great shape. As nice as this boat is whoever owns it I do not think they would just leave it like this, no tounge lock, safety cables laying in dirt, it just did not seem right, the trim cylinders for the drives are just hanging there.....not the way you would tow, atleast tie them up. It is just a gut feeling that I have that it is either a stolen boat or a insurance job.
I called it into the CHP non emergency and gave them the closest mile marker and the closest call box (about 12 - 13 miles from the 10 FWY. and whatever details I could, boat also did not have any CF or AZ #s that I saw, (also makes me think stolen) said they would look into it. I told them that I was going to post it on this site and they said to go ahead.
I took a couple pictures of it but do not know how to post them so if sombody is willing to do that I will e-mail them and maybe someone will reconize this boat. I hope that I am wrong about all this for the sake of the people that own it, not very cool at Christmas time.....or any time for that matter.
I tried to get this up sooner but my Dads computor was having issues and I had to reset it and it is on dial up, very slow. I will check back in the AM and see if anyone knows anything about this boat or is willing to post the pictures. Again I hope I am wrong about this but my gut tells me no and it is right 98.9% of the time.
Thanks, Chris.

Havasu_Dreamin
12-23-2006, 10:28 PM
Check your PM's

BigDoug
12-23-2006, 10:32 PM
Wow.....................you are probably right about it either being stolen or an ins. job ?.........................i hope somebody can identify this boat !! :)

Havasu_Dreamin
12-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Pics...hope this works.....
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p317/seernstlvhb/PICT0063.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p317/seernstlvhb/PICT0061.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p317/seernstlvhb/PICT0060.jpg

YeLLowBoaT
12-23-2006, 11:02 PM
From the pics I would say stolen...
might be a INS fraud...

sawtooth
12-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Thanks for posting the pictures Scott. Maybe someone will know sombody or know the owner. I do not know how long it has been out there but the longer it sits the more chance of the rest of it being striped. It looked like it had full gauges still in it and most likely a stereo but I did not want to climb up on it and look in side (finger prints). I just picture people like in the movie Mad Max coming out of no where and picking the thing clean in a matter of seconds.

HocusPocus
12-23-2006, 11:14 PM
i can't imagine anyone who owned that boat leaving it out there like that, gotta be something fishy going on. :idea:

W.O.T
12-24-2006, 12:44 AM
its probably stolen. looks like they still left alot of expensive stuff on the boat if thats the case.

QuickJet
12-24-2006, 12:59 AM
its probably stolen. looks like they still left alot of expensive stuff on the boat if thats the case.
Yup. That way someone else might take the bait and ultamatly get caught for the crime. The original theives take only what they absolutley have to and leave the rest for the vultures to feed off of. That way evidence of the original theives is usually deluted by less talented and less carefull theives who usually leave fingerprints and advertise the stolen parts on craigslist.
CHP friend told me this.

W.O.T
12-24-2006, 01:08 AM
Yup. That way someone else might take the bait and ultamatly get caught for the crime. The original theives take only what they absolutley have to and leave the rest for the vultures to feed off of. That way evidence of the original theives is usually deluted by less talented and less carefull theives who usually leave fingerprints and advertise the stolen parts on craigslist.
CHP friend told me this.
wow thats pretty crazy. the theives know the real money is in the motors and drives. they probably did the work in less than a day and dumped the boat. taking out guages and other minor stuff is a waste of time im sure.

beerjet
12-24-2006, 03:28 AM
CHP friend told me this.douche bag. :D
wow thats pretty crazy. the theives know the real money is in the motors and drives. they probably did the work in less than a day and dumped the boat. taking out guages and other minor stuff is a waste of time im sure.
douche bag :D

Hardly Satisfied
12-24-2006, 03:58 AM
Did anyone let Boat PI on the boards know about this

Garrddogg
12-24-2006, 06:15 AM
Yeah its gotto be stolen! nobody would leave that there like that (hidden) I'd want it as visible as possible. looks like a nice boat..

MUDXPRT
12-24-2006, 06:18 AM
I have been parked next to that boat a couple times in the channel. I don't know who they are but the owners were an older gentleman (older than me I'm 46) white hair and his wife. If I remember correctly the boat had blown motors all chromed and polished very beautiful.

Riveratz
12-24-2006, 06:27 AM
I was thinking the same thing as I passed that on my way to Havasu also. Too nice of a boat to just leave behind the dirt piles...

Mrs.Racer277
12-24-2006, 08:09 AM
I have seen that boat on the water. Reminds me of TA and AA's boat everytime I see it.
Sounds stolen to me. That just sucks. :mad:

BoatPI
12-24-2006, 08:18 AM
I am looking into it now. Could you call the CHP and have them impound it or it will get stripped more. You know the exact location to describe it.

BoatPI
12-24-2006, 08:33 AM
Make that call the CHP back to see if they located it. it is not a claim thet we currently have, but it is obviously stolen. this can be saved from a total loss if they impound it before it gets stripped any more.

Mrs.Racer277
12-24-2006, 08:41 AM
Make that call the CHP back to see if they located it. it is not a claim thet we currently have, but it is obviously stolen. this can be saved from a total loss if they impound it before it gets stripped any more.
BoatPI,
If he has the AZ #'s could you atleast run them and contact the owner?????
So sad to hear that the boat is just sitting out there

707dog
12-24-2006, 08:49 AM
nice boat damn that sux!! the owner probably dont even live in the area there but just keeps the toy there for play time, sure not gonna be a merry xmas for that guy!!

RitcheyRch
12-24-2006, 08:51 AM
I hate thieves.

sleekcraft137
12-24-2006, 09:02 AM
wow nice boat! It seems like there is still a bunch of great stuff on that boat. If you take the time to steal it wouldn't you take more???

Quality Time
12-24-2006, 09:05 AM
The boat is probably documented and will have no CF or AZ numbers. The hull ID numbers would allow Eliminator to get a hold of the original owner.

C-2
12-24-2006, 09:08 AM
I just ran it thru our poker run database by boat name - not in there.

QuickJet
12-24-2006, 09:17 AM
douche bag. :D
douche bag :D
WORD!!! :D

C-2
12-24-2006, 09:23 AM
Not in the regatta photos - maybe Todd from Jokers Wild might have him on his list....

BoatPI
12-24-2006, 09:32 AM
Sawtooth let us know if the CHP found it.
I have a call into LHPD now to see if it was taken from there. If we had the HIN form the hull it could be traced. The real priority is impounding the boat before it is a total loss. Engines, expensive as they are, can be replaced. But it takes big bucks and 6 months at least to replace a boat like this. As everyone on the boards knows, s+it like this effects our insurance premiums.
If someone id's the owner have them e mail me at boatpi@verizon.net. Most likely we would do the claim as it would be an ACE or Markel policy with blown engines.
http://boatman.com

Daytona100
12-24-2006, 09:49 AM
Would there be any kind of reward from the insurance company for finding the hull?

phuggit
12-24-2006, 10:10 AM
I found this in the Boat Trader.
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/2/78679252.htm
I second look, its not the same one. The cowling bases are all white on this one.

BoatPI
12-24-2006, 10:23 AM
We post rewards and the amount depends on the condition of the boat at the time of recovery. I have personally seen $20,000 paid out on a tip! About three years ago a 40' trawler stolen from Long Beach by two tweakers who were arrested driving the boat. Minor damage.

bgchuby01
12-24-2006, 12:14 PM
I reconized the boat and am friends with the owner, I just called his cell and left a message for him to call me. I should hear from him shortly

sawtooth
12-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Hey BoatPI I sent you a PM with some more info that I hope helps. All the CHP offices were closed so I called LHPD and they transfered me to SanBerDo Sheriff and they transfered me to Riverside Sheriff who took all the information. HWY 177 is Riverside county, that is why the mile markers have RIV at the top of them. SanBerDo seemed like they could care a less "we DO NOT have a HWY 177" and can't help you. Whatever I was just trying to help.
Thanks, Chris.

SmokinLowriderSS
12-24-2006, 06:57 PM
I reconized the boat and am friends with the owner, I just called his cell and left a message for him to call me. I should hear from him shortly
Glad to hear it seems the owner has been found. If so, my sincere congratulations. Hope they manage to smoke the f'kin' thieves. :devil:

IDRPSTF
12-24-2006, 07:11 PM
Sad to hear that you saw the boat this afternoon. I posted that I not only saw the boat. But called the CHP at 8:00 Am AZ time 7:00AM CA time and gave them the exact location, plate number and HID explaining that it appeared to be striped and abandoned. I waited next to it for an hour for the CHP and then had to head home for the holidays. I got a bunch of pics before I left. I sure hope it did not loose any more weight in the meantime. And I saw a CHP going the opposite way on I10 within 15 miles figuring he may be on the way.
Bummer for the owner. I did not see AZ #'s and at that size i figured documentation. If that is the case the thieves get to deal with the US Coast Guard. Steal a documented boat... you may as well steal a cutter!

cola
12-24-2006, 09:57 PM
I found this in the Boat Trader.
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/2/78679252.htm
I second look, its not the same one. The cowling bases are all white on this one.
Close but thats not the same boat.

Hardly Satisfied
12-24-2006, 10:47 PM
So I take it that no one has gone out there to pick it up yet:idea:

atxwrangler
12-25-2006, 06:55 AM
well? give us an update!have you heard from the owner?:)

Riveratz
12-25-2006, 07:14 AM
Some of my relatives drove by it on Sunday and said there was a chp there with a big truck about 11 am Cali time on Sunday. I cannot believe it took over 24hrs for them to move it. I sure hope it gets back to its rightful owner.

Moneypitt
12-25-2006, 08:45 AM
Some of my relatives drove by it on Sunday and said there was a chp there with a big truck about 11 am Cali time on Sunday. I cannot believe it took over 24hrs for them to move it. I sure hope it gets back to its rightful owner.
You have to remember that the entire LE machine is focusing on removing DUI drivers from our highways and don't have the time or the manpower required to recover someone's property or solve any actual crimes. It is, after all, the holiday season...........MP

upsman105
12-25-2006, 09:06 AM
You have to remember that the entire LE machine is focusing on removing DUI drivers from our highways and don't have the time or the manpower required to recover someone's property or solve any actual crimes. It is, after all, the holiday season...........MP
Besides they make a lot more money on DUI's than on actually recovering stolen property...:D

framer1
12-25-2006, 09:26 AM
That is so true...I drove to Thousand Oaks yesterday, I must have seen four flashing sign that said call 911 if you see a drunk driver. You got to love that.

bgchuby01
12-25-2006, 12:30 PM
I have not heard from him but he is known to go out of town for the holidays. I also emailed him so I should hear from him soon. As to going out to get the boat it looks like the chp has already done that

Baja Big Dog
12-25-2006, 12:50 PM
That is so true...I drove to Thousand Oaks yesterday, I must have seen four flashing sign that said call 911 if you see a drunk driver. You got to love that.
Have you ever called 911 for a drunk driver...did it once, what a joke, followed the guy (quite drunk, I even tried to get next to him to tell him to pull over, he was pretty shit faced), followed him about 10 miles, saw one H.P. on the other side of the fwy, figured help was on its way...yea right, called CHP back again and told them a patrol car just passed the other way, she said the notice went out about the drunk driver and anyone around that was available would respond, called back after 15 minutes, told the dispatcher to call the florist and order flowers, this guy was gonna kill someone, she didnt think it was funny, I told her it wasnt a joke, this guy would sweep 3 lanes of the 60 fwy and jerk back across three lanes, it got comical, everyone around was on the phone. You wonder what the priorities are, write a speeding ticket or get a potential time bomb off the streets. After about 20 minutes I got off and called CHP back and told them to "Kiss my ass" that got her attention, she wanted to transfer me to a higher authority, told her the time to someone else involved was gone, told her my prayers go out toe the people that this guy kills and hung up....waited for days for a call from CHP...no results.

shadow
12-25-2006, 01:26 PM
Sawtooth let us know if the CHP found it.
I have a call into LHPD now to see if it was taken from there. If we had the HIN form the hull it could be traced. The real priority is impounding the boat before it is a total loss. Engines, expensive as they are, can be replaced. But it takes big bucks and 6 months at least to replace a boat like this. As everyone on the boards knows, s+it like this effects our insurance premiums.
If someone id's the owner have them e mail me at boatpi@verizon.net. Most likely we would do the claim as it would be an ACE or Markel policy with blown engines.
http://boatman.com
From the way i understood it,yes it was stolen from havasu and the cops are on it.

BoatPI
12-25-2006, 01:47 PM
I still do not know where it was stolen from. And still no contactwith the owner who resides in SO Cal.

shadow
12-25-2006, 02:13 PM
I still do not know where it was stolen from. And still no contactwith the owner who resides in SO Cal.
Sounds like it was stolen from an Alarmed & Locked garage in Havasu.
Cops were on it this am.

RitcheyRch
12-25-2006, 02:21 PM
I've done the same thing except for telling them to call a florist but did get the same results.
Have you ever called 911 for a drunk driver...did it once, what a joke, followed the guy (quite drunk, I even tried to get next to him to tell him to pull over, he was pretty shit faced), followed him about 10 miles, saw one H.P. on the other side of the fwy, figured help was on its way...yea right, called CHP back again and told them a patrol car just passed the other way, she said the notice went out about the drunk driver and anyone around that was available would respond, called back after 15 minutes, told the dispatcher to call the florist and order flowers, this guy was gonna kill someone, she didnt think it was funny, I told her it wasnt a joke, this guy would sweep 3 lanes of the 60 fwy and jerk back across three lanes, it got comical, everyone around was on the phone. You wonder what the priorities are, write a speeding ticket or get a potential time bomb off the streets. After about 20 minutes I got off and called CHP back and told them to "Kiss my ass" that got her attention, she wanted to transfer me to a higher authority, told her the time to someone else involved was gone, told her my prayers go out toe the people that this guy kills and hung up....waited for days for a call from CHP...no results.

Mrs.Racer277
12-25-2006, 06:36 PM
Sounds like it was stolen from an Alarmed & Locked garage in Havasu.
Cops were on it this am.
From a house or storage????????:confused:

shadow
12-25-2006, 07:25 PM
From a house or storage????????:confused:
Don't quote me but from what i understand,from the owners garage.

HYPNAUTIC
12-26-2006, 12:46 AM
It comforting to know that when some people see something out of the norm they take time out of their day/plans to help somebody out indirectly. Job well done Sawtooth
Im sure the cops have already mailed your ticket for urinating inpublic :D

SmokinLowriderSS
12-26-2006, 05:11 AM
Maaaannnn, harsh, ...., but I can see it now. :idea:
'Thank you for your assistance good citizen. Here, a little something for your troubles, "riiiip." Sign the bottom please. There is an address on the back you can mail payment in to". :D :D :D

Mrs.Racer277
12-26-2006, 07:56 AM
Don't quote me but from what i understand,from the owners garage.
That sucks if this is what happened.:mad:

jammin
12-26-2006, 08:04 AM
This thread kindda makes it sound like taking money from ya (IE tickets and such) is way more important that getting your money back to ya!

Jetaholic
12-26-2006, 08:28 AM
This thread kindda makes it sound like taking money from ya (IE tickets and such) is way more important that getting your money back to ya!
And anymore, it seems that the purpose of cops anymore is to generate revenue rather than protect and serve. After all, 'tis the season. :D

dumbandyoung
12-26-2006, 10:25 AM
does anyone remember that article in hot boat/ powerboat a few years ago.. it was about a pilot that noticed a boat pushed off the side of a hill next to dodger stadium. then he went to havasu and saw a missing add in a service shop. then he called the guy who was just on his way home from havasu. .. they ripped everything off that boat.

mrs. centurion
12-26-2006, 04:54 PM
This was from OSO's web site as of today
"I saw the pictures and reconized the boat and called the owner and left a message on his voice mail. I also emailed him. He was away for the holidays and I hope to hear from him on tuesday. Yes the boat was kept at his house in havasu"
"36 Midcabin Daytona "Great White II" The boat has custom emroydered seats with what I guess is the owners name. Now less engines and drives. Everything else was on the boat at 8:00 AM. CHP should be able to pull some good info from the tire tracks. Not to mention Ag cameras at Videl Junction and Traffic cam at Paker Crossing should shed some light on the tow vehicle. I would LOVE to find out who insures this boat?"
"I talked to the owner this morning and he has been in touch with the havasu police since yesterday."

Kokopelli
12-26-2006, 05:12 PM
I have not heard from him but he is known to go out of town for the holidays. I also emailed him so I should hear from him soon. As to going out to get the boat it looks like the chp has already done that
Let me know if your friend recovered his boat and drove it home today. I passed it on the 10 freeway and got the plate of the tow vehicle and a description of the driver just in case.
Wow, it's amazing that I could spot it and get the info with all of those drunk drivers that I am only going after. :)

Ziggy
12-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Ditto.......had to deal with this guy westbound from the top of the grade leaving Laughlin until we reached Barstow.....finally.
Glad they are getting the boat returned, hope it all gets handled properly for them.......theives suck :(

bgchuby01
12-26-2006, 05:17 PM
I spoke to the owner this morning and he was going to drive out to the impound yard and pay a bill and bring it home. I will call him tonight to see how bad it is. Tow vehicle would be a black suburban with a short hair white graying guy about 50 driving it

Chipster27
12-26-2006, 05:21 PM
What a shiatty sinking feeling to know your boat was jacked. I feel sorry for the owner. What a pisser to happen right around the holidays.
Best wishes for him. I hope the catch the @ss-clowns that stole it.:mad:

RitcheyRch
12-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Glad to hear the owner been located and picking up the boat. Can not imagine the thoughts going through his mind know.

shadow
12-26-2006, 05:27 PM
I spoke to the owner this morning and he was going to drive out to the impound yard and pay a bill and bring it home. I will call him tonight to see how bad it is. Tow vehicle would be a black suburban with a short hair white graying guy about 50 driving it
Wasn't this boat locked down,in a locked garage with an alarm?Did the owner happen to say how they got the boat out of the garage?Just curious sounds like the thieves were pretty brave and must have been scoping the place out.

Kokopelli
12-26-2006, 06:21 PM
That was him... personalized plates. It sucks that this happened to him. Hope its not too bad.

clownpuncher
12-26-2006, 06:27 PM
That was him... personalized plates. It sucks that this happened to him. Hope its not too bad.
Ain't you got some work to do Mister?

Kokopelli
12-26-2006, 06:47 PM
Ain't you got some work to do Mister?
Yeah, come give you a hard time! :)

707dog
12-26-2006, 06:55 PM
this sux azz hope all works out for him!! well i would say if ya know anybody that keeps there toyz at there play house"z maybe they should have someone check on them time from time..i know i would have been in rage speicaly around the holidayz when thingz are hecktic anywayz..

lalhc
12-26-2006, 08:09 PM
this sux azz hope all works out for him!! well i would say if ya know anybody that keeps there toyz at there play house"z maybe they should have someone check on them time from time..i know i would have been in rage speicaly around the holidayz when thingz are hecktic anywayz..
I always have a little anxiety when I get to my house in Havasu. For some reason I always begin to fear that someone's jacked my boat or stole everythng in my house.

dumbandyoung
12-26-2006, 08:15 PM
I always have a little anxiety when I get to my house in Havasu. For some reason I always begin to fear that someone's jacked my boat or stole everythng in my house.
buyin a house were the neighbors live there full time is a great idea.. get to be friends with them...they'll watch your house.. also if your in a hoa.. get to know the people down at the office.

billet racing 1
12-26-2006, 08:24 PM
The cops generaly don't care about thefts. MyOpinion.
Last week we had a truck, 01 Peterbilt, jacked in El Centro. Driver was gettign breakfast, came out and the trailer was there, no truck. Police took the report, gave us a #. Then we get a notice in the mail. They truck has been found, towed and in Impound. MAILED THE F'N LETTER. We find out a week later after racking up impound fees. No one makes the effort to phone us.
We did not lose anything like this Great White did, but still cost us a bunch.
F'N THIEFS.
Jerry

voodoomedman
12-26-2006, 08:26 PM
buyin a house were the neighbors live there full time is a great idea.. get to be friends with them...they'll watch your house.. also if your in a hoa.. get to know the people down at the office.
Alarm and full-time neighbors. I have a contact even on the roll-up door at the Havi house. If the alarm sounds I get a call from the neighbors before the alarm company even calls. Great alarm company, my neighbors are just that quick. Just having good neighbors is not good enough. If someone were to break in while they were sleeping and keep quite then maybe my boat would be gone before anyone noticed anything. If they break in the alarm will sound immediately, scare the fockers off and if that doesn't scare them off a couple of big guys from next door coming to kick their a$$ will scare them off and if that doesn't then the cops will.

dumbandyoung
12-27-2006, 10:29 AM
Alarm and full-time neighbors. I have a contact even on the roll-up door at the Havi house. If the alarm sounds I get a call from the neighbors before the alarm company even calls. Great alarm company, my neighbors are just that quick. Just having good neighbors is not good enough. If someone were to break in while they were sleeping and keep quite then maybe my boat would be gone before anyone noticed anything. If they break in the alarm will sound immediately, scare the fockers off and if that doesn't scare them off a couple of big guys from next door coming to kick their a$$ will scare them off and if that doesn't then the cops will.
read my new thread in sandbar called "water damage".. another reason to have full time neighbors

GHT
12-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Wasn't this boat locked down,in a locked garage with an alarm?Did the owner happen to say how they got the boat out of the garage?Just curious sounds like the thieves were pretty brave and must have been scoping the place out.
Or what are the chances of an inside insurance job?:idea:

Her454
12-27-2006, 10:39 AM
The cops generaly don't care about thefts. MyOpinion.
Last week we had a truck, 01 Peterbilt, jacked in El Centro. Driver was gettign breakfast, came out and the trailer was there, no truck. Police took the report, gave us a #. Then we get a notice in the mail. They truck has been found, towed and in Impound. MAILED THE F'N LETTER. We find out a week later after racking up impound fees. No one makes the effort to phone us.
We did not lose anything like this Great White did, but still cost us a bunch.
F'N THIEFS.
Jerry
Jerry, same thing happened to me when my car was stolen. I called every other day to check on things and nothing. They found it the DAY AFTER it was stolen and I didn't get notification until the tow yard sent me a notice 3 f'ng weeks later.

Hardly Satisfied
12-27-2006, 12:17 PM
It's good to hear he has something left ,that it;s not a total loss

SHOTKALLIN
12-27-2006, 12:38 PM
any info on what kind of engines and drives were stolen?

abraman1326
12-27-2006, 01:31 PM
It's so nice to know there are folks out there that do actually care about others anymore to call when you found something like this. Thank you very much. I am glad this is not a total loss to the owner, and he'll be able to hopefully get it back on the water...
BRA

sawtooth
12-28-2006, 10:24 AM
It comforting to know that when some people see something out of the norm they take time out of their day/plans to help somebody out indirectly. Job well done Sawtooth
They will have to get CSI out there and start siffting threw a whole lot of dirt/sand to get my DNA to prove anything :D. I am glad to read that the rightful owner has picked it up and can start the rebuilding of his/her ride before summer hopefully. It seems strange to me that this boat would be taken in the winter time like this (in summer most people don't give a second look to a boat being removed from a garage), I think I would find out if it was recently at a detail shop, or a performance shop, or something like this where somebody new what was in it for power and where it was stored and when the owners were around and the like. I do hope they find whoever took this boat (desert camaras) so the insurance does not have to payout, because as you all know in the long run we all end up paying for this :mad:.

driverno8
01-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Buddy of mine on here (Riveratz) has cameras set up at his house. Including infared in the garage. Everythings covered; front porch, backyard, inside, garage, etc. You can get on-line and view what's going on. Or the best part when any of them detect movement they start taking still pictures and e-mailing you letting you know what's going on. When he had some warranty repair done on his fridge he actually watched the workers work in his kitchen from his office in Chino. Or how about the block wall being built. Pretty dang cool to be watching your hired contractor with out him knowing it. Shoot him a PM if you're interested. We're working on his ad for ***boat right now. Keep an eye out for it in the coming issues. He'll do all sorts of custom set-ups, including moving/zooming cameras. All controlled via the interent .02¢

driverno8
01-02-2007, 03:57 PM
double post

DILLIGAF
01-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Buddy of mine on here (Riveratz) has cameras set up at his house. Including infared in the garage. Everythings covered; front porch, backyard, inside, garage, etc. You can get on-line and view what's going on. Or the best part when any of them detect movement they start taking still pictures and e-mailing you letting you know what's going on. When he had some warranty repair done on his fridge he actually watched the workers work in his kitchen from his office in Chino. Or how about the block wall being built. Pretty dang cool to be watching your hired contractor with out him knowing it. Shoot him a PM if you're interested. We're working on his ad for ***boat right now. Keep an eye out for it in the coming issues. He'll do all sorts of custom set-ups, including moving/zooming cameras. All controlled via the interent .02¢
My company has been getting bombarded by the manufacture of these types of systems and until now we have not done this type of work. I am going to put one in at my house and see how it works out. If it works as advertised we will probably start doing these types of security set-ups. We typically only work in the corporate world but if it preforms as advertised, makes money and doesn't create any negative service issues we may decide to do this for private residences also.

marty722
01-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Been doing this for years. The good part was when my tools got ripped off in the garage and I didn't know for about 3 days after I went back and looked at the video and got the picture of the guy in my garage... Guess what it was a neighbor.... I went back over and got them back and told him to say the hell out of my yard..... He still has no ideal how I got him.... Even if they steal my PC it is FTP'd up to the internet so I can pull the video from there.

ratso
01-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Seems like eventually with all the satellite and surveillance type stuff out there, theft like this should one day be a thing of the past...

Jetaholic
01-02-2007, 04:42 PM
We're working on his ad for ***boat right now. Keep an eye out for it in the coming issues.
Hot Boat has a magazine!?

Jrocket
01-08-2007, 03:16 PM
I saw this boat over at Eliminator today,what a focking shame to see it stripped down like that.

Havasu1986
01-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Wow..A DCB cult member at Eliminator. Wait til Charlie and the black sock cult finds out

Jrocket
01-08-2007, 04:44 PM
Wow..A DCB cult member at Eliminator. Wait til Charlie and the black sock cult finds out
I wasnt feeling well so I thought I'd stop by there for some good laughs.

Kilrtoy
01-08-2007, 04:48 PM
:2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: I wasnt feeling well so I thought I'd stop by there for some good laughs.
DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

2Driver
01-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Way to go. Best I've ever found was some broken glass and few beer cans when I go to pee in the desert. :D

707dog
01-08-2007, 07:16 PM
hell for havi being so small there is sure alot of chit that comes up missing from that area

dumbandyoung
02-28-2007, 01:39 PM
So what ever happened with this? Were the engines and drives ever recovered?
Did the insurance cover it? Did the guy just get a new boat?
What happened??
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p317/seernstlvhb/PICT0060.jpg

MR.rvrluvr
02-28-2007, 01:49 PM
I was at Eliminator before the boat show and saw it sitting in the parking lot.
The sales man said it was pretty trashed inside and needed all new running gear. ............sucks to see this kind of thing

dumbandyoung
02-28-2007, 01:55 PM
The sales man said it was pretty trashed inside and needed all new running gear. ............sucks to see this kind of thing
i sucks to know that there are pieces of shit out there that will steal from you.
especially really cool things like a 30' daytona.

sdpm
02-28-2007, 03:06 PM
What do you think the chances are that somebody from this site (be it a member or visitor) knows who did this or was even involved? To steal a boat like this and pull the engines and drives is no small job and you most likely would have to know how to do it as well as have the tools and a lift. Then what do you do with them? Not an easy thing to sell on the street. Something like this was not done by a junkie looking for a fix. This was done by someone that knows what they are doing.This place is a good source for info and if I did this I would be watching here. If it has to do with a hi perf boat, sooner or later it will make news here.It always has alot of unregistered visitors that could be watching for news or info. Can the mod's see who is looking at a certain thread even if they are not registered? Someone that is watching this thread alot! Just thinking out loud.:idea:

ratso
02-28-2007, 03:11 PM
What do you think the chances are that somebody from this site (be it a member or visitor) knows who did this or was even involved? To steal a boat like this and pull the engines and drives is no small job and you most likely would have to know how to do it as well as have the tools and a lift. Then what do you do with them? Not an easy thing to sell on the street. Something like this was not done by a junkie looking for a fix. This was done by someone that knows what they are doing.This place is a good source for info and if I did this I would be watching here. If it has to do with a hi perf boat, sooner or later it will make news here.It always has alot of unregistered visitors that could be watching for news or info. Can the mod's see who is looking at a certain thread even if they are not registered? Someone that is watching this thread alot! Just thinking out loud.:idea:
...and they are probably hating it every time someone bumps it ttt...:D

dumbandyoung
02-28-2007, 03:25 PM
I couldn't agree more. It has to be someone who new a lot about performance boats. the average bayliner boater or tweaker wouldnt know how much that stuff was worth. And the had to have known about the boat or what it was rigged with because they stole it out of this guys garage in havi.
Most would be surprised how tight the boating community is. Boaters always get connected somehow and knowledge gets transferred. I hope these faggots that did this get caught. I hate thieves!
It would even be crazy if one of the thieves was registered on ***boat. Think about it. You meet people on here. Find out what they have. Find out were they keep it and jack them. There are a bunch of con artists in the world. I really think the forms should be locked to people who dont register. And I think people should have to register with a drivers license number or something. This would prevent people from getting jacked for their money in Spam.
Also I had someone, wont mention the Faggots user name...try to fock me over be cause we disagreed on a topic about home loans on a sandbar thread. I used to have the website of the company i work for in my sig. The guy emailed my boss making up all this shit about me and saying that i am a bad representation for the company trying to get me fired. My boss laughed it off luckily.

YeLLowBoaT
02-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Who says they are not a junkie... there are plenty of skilled ppl out there that are meth heads. I personally know, a DR, electrical eng, construction workers that were or are meth freaks... It would not be a strech to say that a mechanic or a boat rigger is one. If you did not care what happends to the rest of the boat, I'm sure you could pull a motor and drive in under 2 hours( my guess is under a hour). I would bet that by myself I could get a motor and drive out of a boat in under 30 mins with a sawzall.
Even selling them would not be that hard. Thats normally how they catch them anyways...They don't catch the smart ones. They catch alot of "chop shops" selling crap on ebay and craigslist.
I really hope they catch who they catch who ever did this, but chances are they will get away with it.

sdpm
02-28-2007, 03:39 PM
I agree with you on cutting everything out. Has anyone seen the inside or transom area of this boat? Was it cut or unbolted? I still don't think this is a tweeker job. Pretty ballsy to steal it out of a locked garage and drive it around town to get it somewhere to strip it. Where the hell is CSI when you need them?

jbtrailerjim
02-28-2007, 03:55 PM
I bet it is really trashed now. It has been sitting outside the whole time it has been there with no cover on it. Makes me sick everytime I see it. It's a real shame. You would think the owner of the boat would at least have a cover on it. I often wonder if the owner even knows it has been sitting outside like that for almost two months now.

MR.rvrluvr
02-28-2007, 04:04 PM
Also I had someone, wont mention the Faggots user name...try to fock me over be cause we disagreed on a topic about home loans on a sandbar thread. I used to have the website of the company i work for in my sig. The guy emailed my boss making up all this shit about me and saying that i am a bad representation for the company trying to get me fired. My boss laughed it off luckily.
Sorry ..........I was bored :D :D :D J/K

dumbandyoung
02-28-2007, 05:07 PM
I bet it is really trashed now. It has been sitting outside the whole time it has been there with no cover on it. Makes me sick everytime I see it. It's a real shame. You would think the owner of the boat would at least have a cover on it. I often wonder if the owner even knows it has been sitting outside like that for almost two months now.
ask reaper about having your boat left outside for it to get rained on for who knows how long.

dumbandyoung
02-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Sorry ..........I was bored :D :D :D J/K
:D