PDA

View Full Version : Just a comment

Seadog
01-25-2006, 12:00 PM
Maybe, I am showing my age, but all the BS about swinging is starting to bother me. I am not too much of a prude and have no desire to impose my beliefs on anyone, but I do think that this is getting old.
For some, it is just a joke, but one that I think is getting old. If people want to have sex parties, orgies or swap parties, it is their business. I just don't think should be a source of constant discussion, organizing or attitude on here. My personal opinion is that fidelity is a cornerstone of a marriage and that it says little for a couple that must 'entertain' that way.
Of course, I am not much into any party scene where drinks and/or drugs are vital part, either. Seeing how much or fast you can get fried has never much appealed to me.
Whether or not anyone takes my comments to heart is up to that person. I am just one person with an opinion and it not my desire to say anything negative about any individuals. I originally got started here when they were showing naked women. At first, it was entertaining to see the lovely ladies, but then people started to get out of control. When it was done, HB slammed the door on nudity. I have to wonder what will happen if the social content gets too far out of control here. We have several members that have teenage kids. How would they feel about their parents being on a forum that focused this much on sex and partying?
I am interested in any sober and thoughtful opinions on this. If you want to make childish remarks, please don't. If you want to make a rebuttal about the lifestyle, not a problem. I have not exactly had a saintly past, but I would probably be classified as a fogey nowadays.

Jbb
01-25-2006, 12:03 PM
What are your thoughts on cereal in a can?....

cdog
01-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Good Post. I agree.

topless
01-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Good Post. I agree.Didn't you see where he said no Childish remarks? :rollside:

ROZ
01-25-2006, 12:14 PM
I think most agree(me too), but I find it entertaining in a demented way :D

DCBDaytona
01-25-2006, 12:18 PM
I agree...This is why all of the original members have gone elsewhere.

HOOTER SLED-
01-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Don't take things so seriously here Seadog. To me, being called a swinger is ridiculous. I just make light of it with sarcasm.

HOSS
01-25-2006, 12:21 PM
What are your thoughts on cereal in a can?....
Makes about as much since as dry roasted beets. But you`d have to consult brown since he has a high fiber diet and eats alot of roots.

PlyaPlya22
01-25-2006, 12:22 PM
All this Schiat is funny to me!! I enjoy the hell out of it!!

pixilatedpussy
01-25-2006, 12:22 PM
I agree with Hooters....it is a joke. Like most of the crap here! Dont get so worked up sweetie. I think most of us have children here & I agree...this probably wont be the kind of silliness I will not use when my boys become teens!
:p

cdog
01-25-2006, 12:24 PM
Didn't you see where he said no Childish remarks? :rollside:
What kind of boat do you have again? :rolleyes:

PlyaPlya22
01-25-2006, 12:25 PM
I agree with Hooters....it is a joke. Like most of the crap here! Dont get so worked up sweetie. I think most of us have children here & I agree...this probably wont be the kind of silliness I will use when my boys become teens!
:p
Gosh, I hope they don't grow up too fast :rollside:

IN2-IN2MX
01-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Anyone on ***boat talking about swinging is not really talking about swinging ok. It's all in fun. :)

topless
01-25-2006, 12:28 PM
What kind of boat do you have again? :rolleyes:A canoe and a SWING set. :crossx:

HOOTER SLED-
01-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Anyone on ***boat talking about swinging is not really talking about swinging ok. It's all in fun. :)
Wanna come over when I get the kids swingset put together? :rollside: I'll even push you.

Phat Matt
01-25-2006, 12:29 PM
I think most agree(me too), but I find it entertaining in a demented way :D
Kinda like your sig. :D

IN2-IN2MX
01-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Wanna come over when I get the kids swingset put together? :rollside: I'll even push you.
Sure, I'll swing right by. :p

Havasu Luvr
01-25-2006, 12:36 PM
SeaDog, well thought out post and I agree. I just want to know who the son-of-bitch is that FORCED you to read those threads. Again, everything in life is a choice. Some peeps choose to air their personal life on public forums while others choose not to even entertain the idea. Most of the post (drama) on these boards are either not worth my time to read and/or not worth my time to re-ply. I for one exercise my right to choose.

IN2-IN2MX
01-25-2006, 12:37 PM
SeaDog, well thought out post and I agree. I just want to know who the son-of-bitch is that FORCED you to read those threads. Again, everything in life is a choice. Some peeps choose to air their personal life on public forums while others choose not to even entertain the idea. Most of the post (drama) on these boards are either not worth my time to read and/or not worth my time to re-ply. I for one exercise my right to choose.
Good point also.

Phat Matt
01-25-2006, 12:37 PM
David, your avatar just reminded me about something....

PlyaPlya22
01-25-2006, 12:38 PM
PRO-CHOICE huh?? :rollside: Where in the hell have you been?

Phat Matt
01-25-2006, 12:38 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524bribe.jpg
:D

Havasu Luvr
01-25-2006, 12:39 PM
David, your avatar just reminded me about something....
LMAO, well ???? clue me in. Looking forward to your B-Day party
Ohhhhh Shiat. Now thats whaqt I'm talking about. I think she is doing my Springbreak trip this year..... "God have mercy"

Havasu Luvr
01-25-2006, 12:43 PM
PRO-CHOICE huh?? :rollside: Where in the hell have you been?
Hey Bro, Mel and I was just talking about you yesterday. You know me??? just a lurker now, to much BS (drama) going on. Looking forward to partying with ya in a few weeks, Springs run sat for lunch/drinks.....Magnatude Attitude's bar will be open.

Phat Matt
01-25-2006, 12:45 PM
LMAO, well ???? clue me in. Looking forward to your B-Day party
Ohhhhh Shiat. Now thats whaqt I'm talking about. I think she is doing my Springbreak trip this year..... "God have mercy"
Cool. It will be good to see you guys.
So when's the springbreak trip? :devil:

ChumpChange
01-25-2006, 12:46 PM
For some, it is just a joke, but one that I think is getting old. If people want to have sex parties, orgies or swap parties, it is their business. I just don't think should be a source of constant discussion, organizing or attitude on here. My personal opinion is that fidelity is a cornerstone of a marriage and that it says little for a couple that must 'entertain' that way.
I originally got started here when they were showing naked women. At first, it was entertaining to see the lovely ladies, but then people started to get out of control.
I agree with your post Mr. Dog. I have spoken to my wife as well as other members with the same beliefs many times regarding the content that is found on these forums. The thing we found the funniest (if divorce can be classified as funny in any way), is that the married couples are actually surprised when things go wrong in their marriage. Then they turn to the HB crowd and say woe is me. It should be shame, not woe.....you did it to yourself.
Another thing that is amusing that can be related to this topic is that when somebody has tragedy in their life, everybody, including those posting pictures of their wife, talking about swinging, etc. tell those who are experiencing tragedy that they'll 'pray' for them. If they were sincere in prayer, they wouldn't be able to post half their content with a clean conscience. Contradictions all over the place.

Havasu Luvr
01-25-2006, 12:47 PM
Cool. It will be good to see you guys.
So when's the springbreak trip? :devil:
Matt, the 18 Mar=Truck'n Mag 2nd annual truck show (in the channel)
25 Mar
07 April
are you going to be in town any of those weekens? let hook up. your B-day lets do a springs run for lunch and drinks......ok ok, tell Jen she can bring you too.... :rolleyes:

Big Warlock
01-25-2006, 12:50 PM
But I want to say that when "something" did go down, everyone acted surprised and offended. It isn't my bag at all. When I came to the defense of this individual I was threatened by members of this board. I was even told that I would be removed by someone who I was sacastci back to and left it at that. Yep, lots of people made it through the drama and then left. Some people joined the board just to add to the drama and then left as fast as they came. Again, it isn't my bag, but I saw that one coming for months as did many others. So the surprise was that there was any drama at all.
What I did learn is that there are a few HBers on here that will stand by their lake friends regardless of what the situation is. Many of them are still on here. Some of my best friends are on here and we argue and disagree quite often. But don't try to get in between. I appreciate them very much.
But it seems that most of the joking is with people I don't really know and have seen in passing at this event or that. Liek David, I read some and skip some. I don't get to spend too much time on here.
As far as kids. Don't worry about Hot Boat. If that's the worse they see on the internet, your doing well! There are ways to monitor computers to track what is going on. It's an industry in many companies!!
Good thread. :)

Phat Matt
01-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Matt, the 18 Mar=Truck'n Mag 2nd annual truck show (in the channel)
25 Mar
07 April
are you going to be in town any of those weekens? let hook up. your B-day lets do a springs run for lunch and drinks......ok ok, tell Jen she can bring you too.... :rolleyes:
We haven't planned out March yet but the chances are we'll be there. As it get's closer I'll let you know. As long as work or weddings and stuff don't get in the way, we plan on being in Havasu. :D
Springs run sounds good to me. :)

Jbb
01-25-2006, 12:52 PM
At this point should'nt this thread start barking......

Havasu Luvr
01-25-2006, 12:54 PM
I agree with your post Mr. Dog. I have spoken to my wife as well as other members with the same beliefs many times regarding the content that is found on these forums. The thing we found the funniest (if divorce can be classified as funny in any way), is that the married couples are actually surprised when things go wrong in their marriage. Then they turn to the HB crowd and say woe is me. It should be shame, not woe.....you did it to yourself.
Another thing that is amusing that can be related to this topic is that when somebody has tragedy in their life, everybody, including those posting pictures of their wife, talking about swinging, etc. tell those who are experiencing tragedy that they'll 'pray' for them. If they were sincere in prayer, they wouldn't be able to post half their content with a clean conscience. Contradictions all over the place.
Good point, a tragedy happens and everyone is quick to judge about how drunk the person was and shouldn't have been behind the wheel but with almost the same breather these peeps brag about how f*cked up (drunk) or how much they drank the next weekend and can't remember how they got home.....WOW ! ! ! go figure

Seadog
01-25-2006, 12:57 PM
Having concerns about the contents of this forum and inviting discussion about same, has nothing to do with choice issues. It would be very easy to just ignore it all, but I have to feel there are those of us who are thinking it has gone a little overboard.
We all have our opinions and they change constantly. I doubt that I would be as sensitive about the subject if I didn't feel that the media was shoving sex down our throats lately.

PlyaPlya22
01-25-2006, 01:06 PM
Hey Bro, Mel and I was just talking about you yesterday. You know me??? just a lurker now, to much BS (drama) going on. Looking forward to partying with ya in a few weeks, Springs run sat for lunch/drinks.....Magnatude Attitude's bar will be open.
I hear ya on that!! I have been keeping it low too!! Only becauase of work though..LOL.. Definitely looking forward to hanging out with you and the Mrs. again...If you get in town early SWING by!! :D

Tom Brown
01-25-2006, 01:10 PM
CAUTION: This post contains serious content :crossx:
I love this site. This place has kept me laughing my ass off for years. There are a lot of fantastic people here and the site has a lot of positive energy. It's gotten me through some rough times and I owe a lot to many here.
Still, I don't take much of what goes on here too seriously.
It's interesting to me how I hessitate to send thread links to people who haven't been here. This place is pretty wild and I suspect it would be a lot to take for people who have never experienced it. I'm talking about more than just the swinging.
Some might say that I'm part of what is offensive about this site. It would be a valid point. The crazyness is part of what I enjoy about this place, though... so I don't intend to change any time soon.
I too suspect there may be a connection between "out there" behavior and marital problems. It's tough to tell who is joking, and who is really out there, though. ... so I just don't know and it really doesn't matter.
Something I do know is that I don't do anything that seems to be generally considered cool on this site. I don't drink/smoke/swing/... or do non-prescription drugs of any kind. Also, I run a 1977 Glastron CVX boat.... 16 feet in length. ... and my car (that I tow with) is 11 years old. ... I'm the second furthest thing from a 'baller' this site has (thanks MMD)... and people seem to accept me... generally.
... so I am what I am. I feel accepted and liked my many people on this site. That means a lot. It seems to me, I ought to accept other people for who and what they are, regardless of how much their lifestyle may diverge from mine.
What I'm saying is that maybe we ought to back down on judging people and work on accepting each other. I don't have to approve of anything anyone does. I hope it doesn't matter to them because it means nothing to me.
... so I am quite capable of being friends with swingers, drug users, drunks, etc. Who am I to judge them? I believe in my lifestyle and I quite enjoy it... maybe more than some would think possible. I haven't had a drink in 19 years but I can assure you I love life more now than I did 19 years ago. I'm the luckiest person I know. The least I can do is accept other people for who they are, even if they are doing things that would be mistakes for me. I'll leave it up to them to decide.
In closing, I'd like to mention that Roland is doing Hater's wife.
Respectfully,
Tom

Tom Brown
01-25-2006, 01:10 PM
At this point should'nt this thread start barking......
... and thanks for not making fun of my ED. :D :D :D

cdog
01-25-2006, 01:13 PM
I love this site. This place has kept me laughing my ass off for years. There are a lot of fantastic people here and the site has a lot of positive energy. It's gotten me through some rough times and I owe a lot to many here.
It's interesting to me how I hessitate to send thread links to people who haven't been here. This place is pretty wild and I suspect it would be a lot to take for people who have never experienced it. I'm talking about more than just the swinging.
Some might say that I'm part of what is offensive about this site. It would be a valid point. The crazyness is part of what I enjoy about this place, though... so I don't intend to change any time soon.
I too suspect there may be a connection between "out there" behavior and marital problems. It's tough to tell who is joking, and who is really out there, though. ... so I just don't know and it really doesn't matter.
Something I do know is that I don't do anything that seems to be generally considered cool on this site. I don't drink/smoke/swing/... or do non-prescription drugs of any kind. Also, I run a 1977 Glastron CVX boat.... 16 feet in length. ... and my car (that I tow with) is 11 years old. ... I'm the second furthest thing from a 'baller' this site has (thanks MMD)... and people seem to accept me... generally.
... so I am what I am. I feel accepted and liked my many people on this site. That means a lot. It seems to me, I ought to accept other people for who and what they are, regardless of how much their lifestyle may diverge from mine.
What I'm saying is that maybe we ought to back down on judging people and work on accepting each other. I don't have to approve of anything anyone does. I hope it doesn't matter to them because it means nothing to me.
... so I am quite capable of being friends with swingers, drug users, drunks, etc. Who am I to judge them? I believe in my lifestyle and I quite enjoy it... maybe more than some would think possible. I haven't had a drink in 19 years but I can assure you I love life more now than I did 19 years ago. I'm the luckiest person I know. The least I can do is accept other people for who they are, even if they are doing things that would be mistakes for me. I'll leave it up to them to decide.
Respectfully,
Tom
I always enjoy reading you're posts.. :D :D

Jbb
01-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Respectfully,
Tom
Brown ...you can be so offensive......

Seadog
01-25-2006, 01:16 PM
With TB, I never know if I want to shake his hand or kick his butt. Might do both. Yeah, this place takes some getting used to.

ROZ
01-25-2006, 01:24 PM
Respectfully,
Tom
How is that respectful ? ;) :D

Seriously?
01-25-2006, 01:30 PM
RD still SUX...
Sorry. I just felt that needed to be said. I'm going back into my "lurk" mode now. :D

Tom Brown
01-25-2006, 01:59 PM
How is that respectful ? ;) :D
He's gentle and tells her he loves her.

HighRoller
01-25-2006, 02:01 PM
Good grief! WTF is going on around here? Tom Brown posts something serious? People talking about morality and common sense? What site is this and what did they do with the original ***boat???
Seriously, though, a lot of people have flamed me for my views on "questionable" behavior. In the end, though, a lot of my concerns have been proven valid by the situations in the channel, sandbar, Beaumont etc... There is a lot to be said for modesty, decency and common sense and I don't think those ideals can be reasonably used as a basis to hate someone or feel threatened by them. It's been my experience that people who get defensive when confronted with their own behavior are only proving that they know it's wrong.
Does that mean you have to be a nerd or a prude? Hell no!!!! But just because you're not down with swinging, attn wh0ring, exhibitionism or skankiness doesn't make you some kind of bible thumper or imposing your views on people. On the contrary, those who flame others for not endorsing their lifestyle or actions are the ones who are imposing. Remember the "why should I have to leave" thread???
With that in mind I'm glad others have the courage to voice what is a very unpopular point of view on here nowadays. For all that do, I got your back...

Old Texan
01-25-2006, 02:57 PM
This forum is a great cross section of the real world. Although I don't really get into internet forums, this one feels like a hometown. I think the common connection is boats but it turns into a real life neighbor hood scenario.
I understand where Seadog is coming from and I know everyone is taking it serious when especially Brown posts a serious reflection.
As far as forum content I believe someone said it best that if this is the worse your kid sees, you're in pretty good shape. If folks make real life choices with their marriages/lives, it's really their own personal decision and should be treated as such. This being said, they also don't need to be whining about gossip, attention, and/or flaming regarding their actions. You have voluntarily made the decision on what you do and if you throw caution to the wind, well be prepared if it comes into public attention.
I do disagree with the comment that states people with questionable habits to someone else, aren't sincere when they "say a prayer" for a member in time of trouble. All I've seen are sincere, and just because they have a different lifestyle doesn't make them bad people. I know the Big Guy sees us all as good children, so we who are we to be judgemental.
Damn I wish it would warm up and get this cabin fever cooled down. :rollside:

Jordy
01-25-2006, 02:58 PM
I for one exercise my right to choose.
Yes you do you perv. :D :D :D

Jordy
01-25-2006, 03:02 PM
Some of my best friends are on here and we argue and disagree quite often.
If this is directed at me, I'd just like to say no we don't and you're full of shit, sir. :D :D :D

cxr133
01-25-2006, 03:02 PM
yeah..... but what about those of us that are really swingers.... :220v:
WHAT DO WE DO NOW??? :p

ELIMINAT THIS
01-25-2006, 03:13 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524bribe.jpg
Mr Sea Dog I hope I dont piss you off,I cant help it.
I sure would like to SWING on them there boobs. :)

Havasu Luvr
01-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Yes you do you perv. :D :D :D
Hey Jordy :mad: That's Mr. Japanese Perverted Freak to you :)

HighRoller
01-25-2006, 03:15 PM
The movement to establish the swingers forum is gaining steam!

bocco
01-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Well for starters your going to need a different avatar.

Jordy
01-25-2006, 03:50 PM
Sorry David, I knew I wouldn't get it right so I didn't even want to attempt it. Figured perv would get the point across. :D :D :D

SUBPRIME
01-25-2006, 04:08 PM
I went to school for a year in stillwater and it was the worst year of my life, Oklahoma as a whole is a place I 'd rather not go, (but my father does live there) the whole area is in the bible belt, now I'm not advocating swinging, but I do believe there are alot of very conservative people that live there and would not think the same things are funny as people that live on the west coast. I don't know anyone really on the boards here but it's all ok with me. If you don't want to catch that kind of humor then maybe you should try Offshore Only, thier site is much more boating focused. This is "HOT" boat....

Jbb
01-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Respectfully,
Tom
Look at Brown all....pandering to the swingers....and shit.....trying to get an invite to the next party....sorry Tom....your inflatable..."date" wont get you in the door..... :p

rivercrazy
01-25-2006, 06:01 PM
JBB - one of the funniest responses I seen is quite some time! LMFAO!!!!!!

Nicked prop
01-25-2006, 07:21 PM
Seadog, all that talk about swinging is getting out of hand. How about you and me trade wives for the weekend but let's not tell anyone.

riverroyal
01-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Seadog, all that talk about swinging is getting out of hand. How about you and me trade wives for the weekend but let's not tell anyone.
like a true ***boater

JackieV
01-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Hey! You said it before I could! Darn! :p

Tom Brown
01-26-2006, 09:50 AM
....sorry Tom....your inflatable..."date" wont get you in the door..... :p
Hey... I enjoy a good blow job as much as anybody. :cool:

Phat Daddy
01-26-2006, 10:32 AM
I think people are taking things a little to serious around here. If there were to be a section "just for swingers", I'm sure these same people who don't agree with it, would be in there putting their .02 :rolleyes: .
We all get a laugh out of different things here on the boards. If I start to read something that does'nt interest me, I just stop. It's pretty easy to do :hammer2: .
I personally don't know any "swingers" but we do like to party with good, fun peeps. And as long as I've been going to the river, theres always been partying and nudity involved. Maybe it's different back East or at the part of the river you go to. But that's just the way it's always been :boxed: .
Remember people, it's just the internet!!! :)

Jbb
01-26-2006, 10:40 AM
theres always been partying and nudity involved.
Giddyup!............. :p

Seadog
01-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Not a whoe lot of nudity where I go to, but I could always hope. Not a whole lot of raunch on the lakes, which is fine by me. Drunken exibitionism is not condusive to family boating. If it gets too nasty out there, then my wife and parents, not to mention the children that we take out, would not be going. We have enough trouble just with drunks in the party coves at times.
As for, 'Go somewhere else if you don't like it', its not going to happen. How many good boating coves have been lost at Havasu and others because the gangs or other undesirables have moved in. When people moved to other coves, didn't they move too? I like it here and I plan on staying as long as possible. I may not like things and if I feel like it, I will voice my opinion. Those that know me, are aware that I can be opinionated, but I also allow others their opinions. But I also got no backup in me.
I am not judging what people do at home, just commenting on what they talk about here. Just remember one thing, mine and others only opinion of you comes from what you post here. We take a lot of things on faith here. There are times when I feel we get too carried away and I think that more of us should start saying whoa to too much raunch so that we do not have more of the established members leaving.

lucky
01-26-2006, 01:50 PM
Not a whoe lot of nudity where I go to, but I could always hope. Not a whole lot of raunch on the lakes, which is fine by me. Drunken exibitionism is not condusive to family boating. If it gets too nasty out there, then my wife and parents, not to mention the children that we take out, would not be going. We have enough trouble just with drunks in the party coves at times.
As for, 'Go somewhere else if you don't like it', its not going to happen. How many good boating coves have been lost at Havasu and others because the gangs or other undesirables have moved in. When people moved to other coves, didn't they move too? I like it here and I plan on staying as long as possible. I may not like things and if I feel like it, I will voice my opinion. Those that know me, are aware that I can be opinionated, but I also allow others their opinions. But I also got no backup in me.
I am not judging what people do at home, just commenting on what they talk about here. Just remember one thing, mine and others only opinion of you comes from what you post here. We take a lot of things on faith here. There are times when I feel we get too carried away and I think that more of us should start saying whoa to too much raunch so that we do not have more of the established members leaving.
how do you walk with that stick up your ass ??? (joke ) --Notice the smillies :D :D

rivercrazy
01-26-2006, 01:52 PM
Great post Seadog. You stated that better than I could have.
What's been lost in our culture over the past few decades is mutual respect for each other. Now its just a free for all. Do what you want to do with no thought or respect for how those actions may impact others.
The sandbar is a reflection of this

lucky
01-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Great post Seadog. You stated that better than I could have.
What's been lost in our culture over the past few decades is mutual respect for each other. Now its just a free for all. Do what you want to do with no thought or respect for how those actions may impact others.
The sandbar is a reflection of this
reflection hell ---- it's a 50mm camera on da big screen