PDA

View Full Version : Porsche Cayenne Turbo Questions...

Froggystyle
12-27-2006, 09:01 AM
Anyone got one? The only one I am interested in is the Turbo, and I heard a couple of negatives about after the sale service.
Anyone got real-world information about this? My next vehicle is definitely going to go "PFFFTTSSHHHHHH" whenever I shift... ;)

OGShocker
12-27-2006, 09:05 AM
Anyone got one? The only one I am interested in is the Turbo, and I heard a couple of negatives about after the sale service.
Anyone got real-world information about this? My next vehicle is definitely going to go "PFFFTTSSHHHHHH" whenever I shift... ;)
Wes, you might be better off posting this in the Bench Racer section. :D j/k

phebus
12-27-2006, 09:07 AM
My next vehicle is definitely going to go "PFFFTTSSHHHHHH" whenever I shift... ;)
Mine does that now. You just need to eat more Mexican food :D

ChumpChange
12-27-2006, 09:07 AM
If you need a good Porsche contact, I have one at Walter's in Riverside.

haulina29
12-27-2006, 09:17 AM
This thread will end up like his hauler thread and he will justify a VW turbo :D J/K froggy:D

HM
12-27-2006, 09:21 AM
My Dad is on his 2nd Cayenne Turbo, and this one is the Cayenne Turbo S. The reason he is on his 2nd is that he HAD to have the 520HP motor. :D This is his daily driver and he loves it. He tows his 25' Connelly V-drive with it, which is a big heavy boat. He says the wheel base feels a bit short when you are on hoopty over-passes, but other than that he says it tows great. His previous tow vehicle was a 3/4 ton suburban with a whippled 454. I think the Cayennes are pushing 3 tons (6,000 lbs) gvw - so they are stable tow vehicles.
I don't remember him having any issues with his Cayenne. He has talked to a few other owners that complained of tire wear - which is contributed to the driver.
I can't drive that car because they would lock me up!

Froggystyle
12-27-2006, 09:21 AM
If you need a good Porsche contact, I have one at Walter's in Riverside.
I have heard there are some nightmares with regard to service with the turbo version, but it is the only one I am interested in.
I am hoping to find a tricked out used one with some great mods instead of having to do it all myself. I have been looking around and the used ones with great mods (bigger turbos, turbo timers, rims, tires, grille, exhaust etc...) are selling for very little more than the same year and mileage used. Some had $20K plus in trick stuff for no additional price.
Additionally, they appear to all be pretty low mileage. I am finding 2004 with 15,000 on the ticker and such. I will probably be getting an '06 if I get one, but just keeping an eye on them.
I was showing someone one of them I was looking at and he told me to do more research into the problems they were having and warranty work.
Anyone know anything about that?

Froggystyle
12-27-2006, 09:26 AM
My Dad is on his 2nd Cayenne Turbo, and this one is the Cayenne Turbo S. The reason he is on his 2nd is that he HAD to have the 520HP motor. :D This is his daily driver and he loves it. He tows his 25' Connelly V-drive with it, which is a big heavy boat. He says the wheel base feels a bit short when you are on hoopty over-passes, but other than that he says it tows great. His previous tow vehicle was a 3/4 ton suburban with a whippled 454. I think the Cayennes are pushing 3 tons (6,000 lbs) gvw - so they are stable tow vehicles.
I don't remember him having any issues with his Cayenne. He has talked to a few other owners that complained of tire wear - which is contributed to the driver.
I can't drive that car because they would lock me up!
Good stuff there! I love to hear that. I won't be towing with it. I will be commuting to and from work a short distance and using it to drive all around with.

ChumpChange
12-27-2006, 09:33 AM
When I got my Porsche, I found some forums that were very insightful on these cars. Can't remember off hand but I'm sure you can find the site if my computer illiterate self could.

zerotollerance
12-27-2006, 09:45 AM
There are some very good Porsche (pro) shops out there with passion in the product and customer service-
keep your eyes open and your wallet shut while you are learning..
Kinda like the marine industry but with many consumer controls(that is good).
http://www.rennlist.com/racing/
very good source to find out more info on what you are considering. It is worth the cost of joining if you are just getting into the porsche world.
also
your local PCA (porsche club of america) will be a great souce of info for local good guys if you will venture away from the dlr-retail world.

MBlaster
12-27-2006, 09:49 AM
I was just talking to a customer of mine who has a turbo cayenne last week. He absolutly loves his 05 and told me it was the best car he ever owned. Dude is a Big Baller and has many hot cars so I believe him. 05's can be had for around 60K which is great considering they were over 100 new.

Froggystyle
12-27-2006, 09:54 AM
I was just talking to a customer of mine who has a turbo cayenne last week. He absolutly loves his 05 and told me it was the best car he ever owned. Dude is a Big Baller and has many hot cars so I believe him. 05's can be had for around 60K which is great considering they were over 100 new.
Exactly... I am thinking "Escalade" in one hand of which I am only interested in the new one... close to $60G's once I do rims and drop it... or a Cayenne Turbo for $60 that will damn near outrun my Vette...

HM
12-27-2006, 10:01 AM
Good stuff there! I love to hear that. I won't be towing with it. I will be commuting to and from work a short distance and using it to drive all around with.
My dad says this is the best car he has ever owned. His commuter cars have always been big luxury sedans: Q45, 760iL, XJR. He usually puts 150,000 miles or more on each car. He also claims the comfort of this car is 2nd to none.
Need me to come down and give you a test drive? :D

MBlaster
12-27-2006, 10:01 AM
If you can find a nice one with lots of warranty left I'd get the Porsche.
Screw the Caddy. They are wives cars.

HM
12-27-2006, 10:16 AM
If you can find a nice one with lots of warranty left I'd get the Porsche.
Ditto. Choosing between the Escalade and the Cayenne is like choosing between a Commander and a Trident. :D

don johnson
12-27-2006, 10:22 AM
I had all the work on my Twin Turbo done by Dieder at Andial. They are awesome and really know there stuff. Great service and real cool people. Take the car into them and have them evaluate the car and mod's prior to buying as there are some shops out there doing the bigger turbos and remapping the computor that DO NOT know what they are doing and it results in eventual failure due to too much boost, too agressive fuel curves and timing maps.... These things can be time bombs when run over 1 bar of boost on pump gas....

beaverretriever
12-27-2006, 10:32 AM
Gladys Knight's husband is a customer of ours and he has new Turbo S that was tuned by Hamann. He let a friend and I drive it. All I know is that it is wild to drive an SUV that will smoke 99% of the hot cars on the road...LOL :devil:
It wont make the nice Turbo Blow off sound that you are looking for though. They utilize a BOV that blows back into the intake system to keep it quiet.
I dont think they are very good looking but they are nice.
Good luck.

Keith E. Sayre
12-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Wes: I think I can help you. We have a customer that has
one, same guy that has that "Pfaffinator" deckboat that
does 120 mph. Last year, he and his best friend Don Prudhomme go car shopping and he fell in love with the
cayenne and bought one just for the heck of it! Now he doesn't want to drive anything but the Cayenne turbo. He loves it. I'll give you his number to call.
Also have 2 friends that bought deckboats this past year,
that work for Porsche, one of them is the guy that they send out all over the country for really tough efi issues.
He can tell you how many nuts and bolts are in one of those. He launches his deckboat with one too. His buddy
is the service manager for a Porsche dealership in So Cal
and raced for Porsche for about 30 years and then taught
their drivers how to do it right. Also a good source of
knowledge.
All 3 of these guys are tremendous people and will be
ready to help you if you wish. call me.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
928-680-1400

spectras only
12-27-2006, 10:49 AM
I don't care much for the body style . Power is great on the new model. Previous models were pretty close in performance of the Jeep sRT8 [ Cayenne 0-60 4.8 sec , much slower than your Vette Wes ;) ] . I'd rather mod a sRT8 with the money saved , just my 0.02 :idea:

haulina29
12-27-2006, 11:14 AM
Id rather drive a new caddy than a used porsche any day.

Brady Bunch
12-27-2006, 11:15 AM
IMO....Those SUV's are fugly!:D
Get the Dodge Magnum SRT8:)

mbrown2
12-27-2006, 11:29 AM
Ditto. Choosing between the Escalade and the Cayenne is like choosing between a Commander and a Trident. :D
I don't agree with that analogy as the Escalade is clearly in a league above a Commander....and the Cayenne is in a league that the Trident is no where near.....IE: The Trident is unproven with no history...
If I were not worried about towing, I would drive a Jeep GC SRT8...0-60 in 4.9....for 39K brand new today from jeepwarehouse.

Beer-30
12-27-2006, 12:15 PM
I, for one, would do one of these for half the price of the tiny Porsche.
More room, better towing (if you had to), easier service, and more parts available. No comparison. Although, the Porsche would out-handle it in the curves, but that is only a small portion of side by side comparison.
12-second performance in all luxury package. Nice.
http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/video/escalade128.wmv

Froggystyle
12-27-2006, 12:41 PM
I see all of your points, and this wasn't meant to turn into a pissing contest between Escalades and Porsche's. Being a Vette guy myself, I never thought I would have any interest in the Teutonic nature of the Porsche, but this is a pretty bitchin little ride.
As far as being small, the only other car I am considering right now is a BMW 650 convertible. My wife loves her 530xi wagon, and even though I hate that it is a wagon, I like the refinement on it. I am looking for something way smaller than a full-size rig to park and deal with, and the Cayenne seems to be a hell of a comprimise between a Viper and a Caddy.
This isn't for utility... it is for driving and pimpin'. It packs a hell of a punch aesthetically, and has a hell of a lot of power too.
I also feel that it is more exotic than anything else I was considering.
As for the pop-off... that will be venting to atmosphere by the time that I am done with it... ;)
I miss the 'Vette. My favorite vehicle of all time has been my 2001 Durango R/T, which is four cars ago now. Dodge doesn't seem to have any interest in pulling it's head out of it's ass with the Durango line, and I don't want a wagon or I would be all over the Magnum. I don't like the SRT8 Jeep because inside... it is still a Jeep. I like nice interiors.
Good to hear that the reviews are primarily positive from those who have owned or know someone who owns one. I have heard the term "favorite car" a bunch of times when referencing them, so they can't be all bad.
If the owners love them... so much the better.

MBlaster
12-27-2006, 12:46 PM
I was browsing another forum and found this.
Wow. Get your checkbook.
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64925

Cole Trickle
12-27-2006, 12:47 PM
There pretty Cute;):D

Froggystyle
12-27-2006, 12:48 PM
The Trident is unproven with no history...
These folks all felt it was pretty well proven...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/1311-2/41.jpg
And so did these folks...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/1269-2/23.jpg
I am pretty sure these ones all felt that it had done it's job too... ;)
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/1349-2/2.jpg
We had a blast all summer with it Mike. We have had as many problems as you can have with the engine/drive combination, but the boat is as bad ass and refined as any boat on the water right now. Period. With the new Ilmor V-10/Teague platinum XR combination we have fixed the chink in the armor. Now it is time to go beat up the industry.
Anyone want to buy a boat? :)

HM
12-27-2006, 01:35 PM
I don't agree with that analogy as the Escalade is clearly in a league above a Commander....and the Cayenne is in a league that the Trident is no where near.....IE: The Trident is unproven with no history...
If I were not worried about towing, I would drive a Jeep GC SRT8...0-60 in 4.9....for 39K brand new today from jeepwarehouse.
The analogy is close enough and I don't want you to get beat down by the other midget. :D
I was trying to show that those two cars a pretty far apart. I have driven the Porsche Cayenne many times and I know Wes would never be unhappy. But, if he bought the Escalade, he would be wondering about the Porsche. There is no "Driving experience" with an Escalade.

mbrown2
12-27-2006, 01:43 PM
These folks all felt it was pretty well proven...
I have always given the Trident props as I actually have ridden in one, but a summer on the water, a marketing tour per say, and driving around a bunch of drunks at low speed on Mission does not prove much nor build a tradition.....but it is a start...

Froggystyle
12-27-2006, 01:43 PM
I was browsing another forum and found this.
Wow. Get your checkbook.
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64925
Believe it or not... that is high miles and pretty well stock compared to some of the others on the market for the same price. I can't imagine how bummed I would be to have paid well over $100K on one to have it worth 60% of that in two years.
Their loss, my gain. I think that is a pimp whip yo... ;)

Racer277
12-27-2006, 01:48 PM
Some info on this forum...
Careful the ego's are huge.:rolleyes:
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/index.php

Mandelon
12-27-2006, 01:51 PM
Believe it or not... that is high miles and pretty well stock compared to some of the others on the market for the same price. I can't imagine how bummed I would be to have paid well over $100K on one to have it worth 60% of that in two years.
Their loss, my gain. I think that is a pimp whip yo... ;)
Yeah, for that kind of return you could just buy a boat. :idea:

Froggystyle
12-27-2006, 01:51 PM
I have always given the Trident props as I actually have ridden in one, but a summer on the water, a marketing tour per say, and driving around a bunch of drunks at low speed on Mission does not prove anything nor build a reputation...
Well, in my defense we have been around exactly one summer, market the thing everywhere we go and have been recieved by the community with open arms. We probably gave 1,000 test rides this summer. Everywhere we went we gave at least 40 people a ride in the boat. We did Lake Mead for the LVHB get together, Parker, Havasu, Pleasant, Martinez, Blythe, Elsinore, San Vincente, San Diego Bay, Mission Bay, shot two TV shows, two magazine shoots and others I can't remember.
We can't say we have been around for 20 years, but everywhere we go the boat blows minds. And again, not to attack your analogy, but I have a hot tip for you... driving around a bunch of drunks at low speed is EXACTLY what our boat was designed for. Ours does it better than any I have seen. Nobody who has been on the boat has anything but praise for it. You need to check out the non-prototypes too... you saw the boat within 20 minutes of it hitting the water for the first time and it was pretty rough still... You will LOVE it now.
The reputation and history will come with time. The quality is there now though, and I think that is what HM is talking about. He has seen the boat first hand near-complete and was impressed. It is a league above it's competition, and I think it is a fair analogy.

mbrown2
12-27-2006, 01:59 PM
The reputation and history will come with time. The quality is there now though, and I think that is what HM is talking about. He has seen the boat first hand near-complete and was impressed. It is a league above it's competition, and I think it is a fair analogy.
Did not mean to hijack your thread, but just felt that the Trident coolaid was being ingested far too much and still see the flaw in the thinking...but that what makes the world great...different views. :)
I agree the Escalade and the Porsche are not the same SUV, but there is about 50-60K reasons you will need to pay for to find out why......:)...

Froggystyle
12-27-2006, 02:06 PM
Did not mean to hijack your thread, but just felt that the Trident coolaid was being ingested far too much and still see the flaw in the thinking...but that what makes the world great...different views. :)
I agree the Escalade and the Porsche are not the same SUV, but there is about 50-60K reasons you will need to pay for to find out why......:)...
Ahhhh.... we don't use Kool-Aid... we use Grey Goose. It isn't as sickly-sweet and mixes better with Cranberry juice. ;)
Not true... there are wonderful examples of pristine CTT's out there for the same price as an Escalade. Along with sledghammer performance. I wouldn't pay much more than $60K for it.
I guess it is a lot like people buying performance boats for $260K plus and taking huge baths on them the next year... it sure does make the secondary market look attractive.
I agree that between $120K for a new Cayenne Turbo S and an '07 Escalade in the low $50K range, it doesn't make sense, but for a $60K 13,000 mile CTT vs. said Caddy... it really gets close.
Close enough that I will probably get the Porsche given the choice. I had no idea how affordable they were until recently though...

mbrown2
12-27-2006, 02:13 PM
I agree that between $120K for a new Cayenne Turbo S and an '07 Escalade in the low $50K range, it doesn't make sense, but for a $60K 13,000 mile CTT vs. said Caddy... it really gets close.
Close enough that I will probably get the Porsche given the choice. I had no idea how affordable they were until recently though...
I was thinking new....but apples to apples both used, both lose a lot of value....Was'nt RRX selling his 03 here last year for early 30's... Even a used 05 Escalade you could get for 25-30K less then a used Cayenne...but if you can get a used 60K Cayenne Turbo with low miles....that is like the West Coast Cat 1 year old at half off which is always a good deal.:)

Froggystyle
12-27-2006, 02:23 PM
I was thinking new....but apples to apples both used, both lose a lot of value....Was'nt RRX selling his 03 here last year for early 30's... Even a used 05 Escalade you could get for 25-30K less then a used Cayenne...but if you can get a used 60K Cayenne Turbo with low miles....that is like the West Coast Cat 1 year old at half off which is always a good deal.:)
Exactly. The big deal is, if you buy an '06 Escalade, it is the old body and not really bling anymore. The Cayenne's all look the same. The '07 is coming out and it does look a little more angular, but nothing like the difference in the new Caddy's. In my case, I wouldn't buy the last year's Cad, but would buy last year's Cayenne. I personally wouldn't be able to tell the difference right now.
The regular Cayenne's without the turbo are dirt cheap. VW cheap in fact.
And with regard to the 1 year old west coast cats.. they certainly haven't been making my job any easier. Pretty tough to sell $150K deck boats when people are selling one year old twin 800 Teague cats for $160K. Hell... I would buy them too. And, I would talk my wife into it!
But, those won't last, and then we will be again a great value for what we are providing. Try to spec out another boat with our standard features for the same price.

mbrown2
12-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Exactly. The big deal is, if you buy an '06 Escalade, it is the old body and not really bling anymore. I forgot about the body style change; yes I would want the new body....

speedneeder
12-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Froggy, Just curious. How do you get a loaded cad esv for low 50's? I'm shopping around and was just about set on a Denali which invoices for $52k. I would prefer the cad but it invoices a little over $60k. Can you be of any help for me?

Froggystyle
12-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Froggy, Just curious. How do you get a loaded cad esv for low 50's? I'm shopping around and was just about set on a Denali which invoices for $52k. I would prefer the cad but it invoices a little over $60k. Can you be of any help for me?
Sorry... not really. We do so much promotion per year with the boats in tow that I am able to leverage that exposure with some of the dealers for getting vehicles and gear. The vendors and manufacturers get phenomenal exposure for their products, we get great parts and get to test and evaluate different stuff all year long.
I will make some calls though if you are interested...

shadow
12-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Sorry... not really. We do so much promotion per year with the boats in tow that I am able to leverage that exposure with some of the dealers for getting vehicles and gear. The vendors and manufacturers get phenomenal exposure for their products, we get great parts and get to test and evaluate different stuff all year long.
I will make some calls though if you are interested...
I'm beginning to think you are in the promotional/advertisemnet bussiness and not the boat buss.;)

Froggystyle
12-27-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm beginning to think you are in the promotional/advertisemnet bussiness and not the boat buss.;)
That has been a fact. Until we put boats on the water, I had little else I could focus energy on. Did it successfully too... people who haven't seen a Trident know what they are, and many folks approach us having "read all about it" or "saw the Corvette at SEMA".
I like promotion. It is great for all parties involved, and allows me to drive killer vehicles for less than it would cost normally. It has also allowed me access to new gear that is unavailable to everyone else. My sponsors are my biggest fans now too. In every case, they have sold a lot of parts because of their relationship with us.

zerotollerance
12-27-2006, 04:09 PM
Id rather drive a new caddy than a used porsche any day.
oh pla-eeeeze. :jawdrop: you are kidding ....right?
a general motors truck(fancied up .5ton chassis with solid rear axle) vs. a fine european machine:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

shadow
12-27-2006, 04:16 PM
That has been a fact. Until we put boats on the water, I had little else I could focus energy on. Did it successfully too... people who haven't seen a Trident know what they are, and many folks approach us having "read all about it" or "saw the Corvette at SEMA".
I like promotion. It is great for all parties involved, and allows me to drive killer vehicles for less than it would cost normally. It has also allowed me access to new gear that is unavailable to everyone else. My sponsors are my biggest fans now too. In every case, they have sold a lot of parts because of their relationship with us.
Fair enough,good luck!:)

haulina29
12-27-2006, 04:20 PM
I thought a porsche was german ? lol:D :D

Froggystyle
12-29-2006, 11:31 AM
Looking hard at the SRT8 Jeep now too. I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who has had two Cayenne turbos and sold both within 7K miles. He recommended the Range Rover sport or the SRT8... That throws a wrench into the mix...

Cole Trickle
12-29-2006, 11:36 AM
Looking hard at the SRT8 Jeep now too. I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who has had two Cayenne turbos and sold both within 7K miles. He recommended the Range Rover sport or the SRT8... That throws a wrench into the mix...
SRT-8 Hauls ass and handles amazing. Ride is pretty stiff for long rides.(Low Towing)
RR Sport is pretty nice and the motor/blower combo is proven.(Kinda pricey)
What about the Trailblazer SS with a blower?:D

Lightning
12-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Wes,
The neighbor aorund the corner has one and loves it...he's a porsche guy though. Next time I see him, I'll ask him about the ride and what he likes or doesn't like about it.
He also has a GT3, 944 track car (which he tows behind the suv), 911 targa, vw bus, etc...

imbndvs
12-29-2006, 12:29 PM
I have a 2006 Twin Turbo Cayanne and I HIGHLY recomend it!!! I tow a 28' eliminator and it tows incredible. I live in Vegas and the dealer here is awsome. Ahytime I take it in for any serviced I get a Jag as a loaner. Have only had one small problem which the dealer took care of with no problem what so ever. The ONLY car that I liked better than this one, and I have had MANY, was my C4 Porsche Cab. Anyone that says anything negitve about a Porsche has never owned one.

XtrmWakeborder
12-29-2006, 12:44 PM
SRT-8 Hauls ass and handles amazing. Ride is pretty stiff for long rides.(Low Towing)
RR Sport is pretty nice and the motor/blower combo is proven.(Kinda pricey)
What about the Trailblazer SS with a blower?:D
RR sport reminds me of a rich teenager girls car...
I would go with the SRT-8 or the Trailblazer SS as said above with the nod going to the SS. I'm sure repeat business with Jay will help the price out....

Froggystyle
12-29-2006, 03:41 PM
Just went and saw the SRT-8. :sleeping:
Still a Jeep. It is a nice Jeep, but to me it would be kind of like owning the nicest house in a crappy neighborhood. As an additional crackup, they were actually posting that they wanted $20K over sticker for it! When I laughed about it, they said that if I was interested, I wouldn't pay anywhere near that... whatever. The capper was that there was no test drives at all on it. They were treating that thing like it was an Enzo or something. Look guys... it is a $50K Jeep. Plain and simple. I just test drove the Mercedes G55 a little while ago, test drove the Cadillac Escalade a month prior and I have a test in the Porsche coming up.
Hot tip car dealers... if you want to sell a car that is supposedly better than anything else... you might just want to allow test drives.
So... back to the Porsche.

dumbandyoung
12-29-2006, 03:43 PM
my boss has one and loves it.. has about 45k on it now.. no problems so far. ive driven it.. its nice and fast

MBlaster
12-29-2006, 04:48 PM
Supercharged Range Rover = POS
SRT, forget about it if you want to tow, unless you get the Viper powered pickup.
Porsche FTW.

Perfect Mixer
12-29-2006, 11:54 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about warranty issues with the twin turbo. The drivetrain is pretty much rock solid. The maintenance is the killer. The biggest concern is body damage on used ones. I'm a Porshce technician here in Newport. If you like, I'd be more than happy to check out any prospects for you. Please feel free to PM me.
Wes: I think I can help you. We have a customer that has
one, same guy that has that "Pfaffinator" deckboat that
does 120 mph. Last year, he and his best friend Don Prudhomme go car shopping and he fell in love with the
cayenne and bought one just for the heck of it! Now he doesn't want to drive anything but the Cayenne turbo. He loves it. I'll give you his number to call.
Also have 2 friends that bought deckboats this past year,
that work for Porsche, one of them is the guy that they send out all over the country for really tough efi issues.
He can tell you how many nuts and bolts are in one of those. He launches his deckboat with one too. His buddy
is the service manager for a Porsche dealership in So Cal
and raced for Porsche for about 30 years and then taught
their drivers how to do it right. Also a good source of
knowledge.
All 3 of these guys are tremendous people and will be
ready to help you if you wish. call me.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
928-680-1400
Small world for sure. Rick's a great guy and he really knows his stuff!

HM
12-30-2006, 10:24 AM
It is a nice Jeep, but to me it would be kind of like owning the nicest house in a crappy neighborhood.
That is worthy of being someone's signature! :D

spectras only
12-30-2006, 11:13 AM
Just went and saw the SRT-8. :sleeping:
Still a Jeep. It is a nice Jeep, but to me it would be kind of like owning the nicest house in a crappy neighborhood.
So... back to the Porsche.
Froggy , obviously the Jeep won't cut it for baller status for you . Forget about Cayenne , here comes Lambo. At least you'll be the only one around the block owning one:idea:
http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.neuralblog.com/_blogImages/Auto-News%255C/largeImage/id295_Pg1_34338_image1a.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.neuralblog.com/_content/Auto-News/Lamborghini-LM00X-Concept-Lamborghini-SUV_bid-295_pn-1.html&h=333&w=500&sz=23&tbnid=f1KmixIeewazwM:&tbnh=87&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlamborghini%2Bsuv&start=1&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=1

HM
12-30-2006, 11:42 AM
Froggy , obviously the Jeep won't cut it for baller status for you . Forget about Cayenne , here comes Lambo. At least you'll be the only one around the block owning one:idea:
http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.neuralblog.com/_blogImages/Auto-News%255C/largeImage/id295_Pg1_34338_image1a.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.neuralblog.com/_content/Auto-News/Lamborghini-LM00X-Concept-Lamborghini-SUV_bid-295_pn-1.html&h=333&w=500&sz=23&tbnid=f1KmixIeewazwM:&tbnh=87&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlamborghini%2Bsuv&start=1&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=1
http://www.neuralblog.com/_blogImages/Auto-News%5Cid295_Pg1_34338_image2a.jpg
That is pretty sick looking. The Volvo was pretty cool as well....but, it is a Volvo. :D

Lightning
12-30-2006, 01:05 PM
Why not keep it old school cool and get a Lambo LM002
http://www.lamborghiniregistry.com/LM002/JLA12114b.jpg
http://www.lamborghiniregistry.com/LM002/JLA12114front.jpg

Wheeler
12-30-2006, 02:36 PM
I don't think he cares, he already rides a sportster!

Froggystyle
12-30-2006, 11:37 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about warranty issues with the twin turbo. The drivetrain is pretty much rock solid. The maintenance is the killer. The biggest concern is body damage on used ones. I'm a Porshce technician here in Newport. If you like, I'd be more than happy to check out any prospects for you. Please feel free to PM me.
Small world for sure. Rick's a great guy and he really knows his stuff!
Deal! If you see any around, I am going to be shopping for real here shortly. I just found went to the Porsche dealer today where they are pretty much fire-saleing the Turbo S models in anticipation of the new Cayenne coming out in Feb. List of $115K on sale today at $95K starting negotiations. I don't have the $$$ to buy a new Turbo S, but if they are already taking hits on 2006's, the '05's should go down even more in a month when the new one hits. I want to keep my eye out for a low miles black/black with aftermarket wheels (preferably black) and exhaust. Basically stock other than that. I have seen a couple in the Newport area like that... shouldn't be too hard to find in the $60K range.
What do you mean that the maintenance will be the deal killer? Expensive oil changes and such?

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
12-31-2006, 01:07 PM
One was in Autoweek not to long ago, 2004 520HP full stage II GMG upgrade 24k miles $72,000 949-887-5090 James@gmgracing.com

Froggystyle
12-31-2006, 01:34 PM
One was in Autoweek not to long ago, 2004 520HP full stage II GMG upgrade 24k miles $72,000 949-887-5090 James@gmgracing.comI really don't want to end up with something with a lot of mods on it. I am just looking for exhaust and wheels really. Even if I don't like the wheels, if they are good, there is a great e-bay market for them. I will probably run Kinesis like I had on the Vette.

playdeep
12-31-2006, 02:17 PM
I have a 2006 Twin Turbo Cayanne and I HIGHLY recomend it!!! I tow a 28' eliminator and it tows incredible. I live in Vegas and the dealer here is awsome. Ahytime I take it in for any serviced I get a Jag as a loaner. Have only had one small problem which the dealer took care of with no problem what so ever. The ONLY car that I liked better than this one, and I have had MANY, was my C4 Porsche Cab. Anyone that says anything negitve about a Porsche has never owned one.
....that last statement sums it all up pretty well:)
Porsche has been doing the turbo thing for so long,they are just dailed to the N'th degree...
I had a 930(1977) RUF enhanced with variable boost.Incredible machine even way back then..
I believe Porsche first started the twin turbo development in the early 80's with the world conquering 935's.

707dog
12-31-2006, 02:52 PM
me and my girl seen the turbo S spank the pants off a super charged range last week coming back from sacramento they were going back n forth with each other and the turbo nailed it and holly chit it handed the azz back to the range rover..and iv drove the range before so i could just amagine the rush in the turbo S.....