DILLIGAF
12-28-2006, 07:58 AM
http://www.justsaynews.com/images/boulder_basin2.jpg

dirty old man
12-28-2006, 08:28 AM
even the current picture is 3 years old

Wet Dream
12-28-2006, 08:30 AM
Ok, one is 6 years old, another is 3 years old. How about a recent one from this year? Or do we have to wait until 2009? I just flew over Mead as we were leaving Vegas yesteday, it doesn't look bad, but it doesn't look good, as far as water levels go. It won't fill with a few rain storms. I rememebr when California was going through its huge drought a long time ago. Lake Anderson was so far down with lack of rain and being drained from dam repairs that it would take 7 years to fill it. 2 years and it spilled over the dam. Thats the climate down there. Warm and dry. History has proven that and it isn't going to change soon, so with all the new homes and increased usage in the region, its being used faster and outrunning the filling process.

BigDoug
12-28-2006, 08:35 AM
Tom, cool find you got there !! :)

a catered life
12-28-2006, 08:47 AM
what up doug?
we had a chance to see some photos about a year ago and visited mead and saw the water marks and how the water had dropped and at that time i told cass that i felt this place will disapear in 50-75 years the levels are dropping so fast:( scares the hell out of me ...is there any agency working to preserve this place or redirect water there

DILLIGAF
12-28-2006, 09:25 AM
Sorry about the pics dates but that was what was put in the paper. It is worse now than it was....

Wet Dream
12-28-2006, 09:37 AM
Sorry about the pics dates but that was what was put in the paper. It is worse now than it was....
Not your fault at all, but I'd expect to read something like this from the media:
"After 3 years, study concludes water levels dropping". Well, no shit.

Trash
12-28-2006, 09:57 AM
It's fairly easy to track the water level on Mead and the rest of the river. www.coloradoriverinfo.com is a good source to start with as the water flow reports and lake elevations are updated nearly daily. Having said that when I just checked the waterflow page was down.
Just remember that the spillway on the Hoover dam is right around 1226' MSL. When the lake gets to that level things are good. The highest I've seen in the last 12 years is 1211', but lately its been in the 1125-1145' range. The change in water levels are indeed dramatic and I would love to see spillway elevations again. There are several sunken boats now exposed and well above the water line with the current lake level. It makes for some interesting exploring for those of you who venture to all the nooks and crannies of this lake.