PDA

View Full Version : Thin in 2007

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-03-2007, 08:28 PM
There! I did it!! Might as well begin again. Anyone with me??
I did succeed in keeping off the 10 pounds that I lost, but then I stopped working out when I went back to work and proceeded to watch all of that nice muscle turn to flab. Which, as we know, flab takes up more space with the same amount of weight. Which means I have lost muscle, gained flab, and my jeans are tight again (but I can button them).
I went down and signed up with a private trainer at a small private gym right next to the kids dojo. So every Monday and Wednesday for 8 weeks, while the kids are taking Karate, I'll have time to work out. I can also use the gym any time I want for working out, but not with the personal trainer, though he owns the joint, so he'll be there if I have any questions and for motivation, I'm sure.
So my goal is to go down two pant sizes, get a flat tummy and lose 15 pounds.
I'll keep you all posted. :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Guess I'm the only one. Well, I'm down 1 pound this morning. Tonight will be my second night with the trainer (Monday was the first). I'm sore in areas that I haven't ever been sore before. Namely the back below my shoulder blades down to my pelvis.

BshyBvrGirl
01-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Running joke and/or goal with Sleek is to fit into a Hooter's uniform :devil: Lost close to 5 pounds visiting Sleek and I've lost a couple since I've been home :rolleyes: This is the first week I've been back in the gym in awhile. It hurts, but I did it to myself by coming up with way to many excuses NOT to go. So here goes nothing...thin in 2007! :)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-10-2007, 01:44 PM
I am with ya too. But I have not started yet. LOL Well, actually, I have been eating better but have not hit the gym yet. Hopefully this weekend and then I will have something productive to report. :D

AZKC
01-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Are guys allowed, my XL life jacket doesnt fit any more. I'm around 210 I'd like to see 185-190 by Spring. Becky's been hittin the tread mill about 60-90minutes usually 3+ miles about 4 times a week. She's tired of being heavy.
We can do it folks:D Lighter, Healthier, Happier:D

Mrs. casean
01-11-2007, 04:06 PM
Of Course I'm with you Angie ;) Back at it eh? I started this week. Good so far. I jogged w/ Lacey (dog) on Monday, and gym Tue & Wed and tonight. But right now I really just want to curl up on the couch :idea: But I can't . I'll go, then head home and make a healthy yummy dinner. Tomorrow is Outback for dinner so I MUST go tonight so I can get my reward. Acutally incase you guys are Outback fans, go to their website and they tell you suggestions for a healthy meal. Yes it is possible! :D Flab is back and muscle gone :( So I'm not comfortable in my clothes and by the end of March would like to be down 10. I did not meet my goal last year, but sure did feel great compared to the year before. I gained muscle I never knew I could! So I was stoked off that and kept motivated... till the holidays hit :D Well best of luck to all you men & women on a mission to get healthier! We can do it!

Mandelon
01-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Keep at it!
I've cut out all the junk food so far this year. No fast food, no HFCS, only whole grains, no processed anything. I feel so much better, way more energy, need less sleep.
I talked with CandyAss's husband today, he's down 20 pounds in just a few weeks by merely cutting out junk food....:jawdrop:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-11-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm down 2.5 pounds since Monday evening. I am sore as hell, though. I will go to do some cardio at the gym tomorrow. The food part is going well. I have discovered fresh seafood. I started with Fish House Vera Cruz (didn't know they had a fish market in there. . . and pretty reasonable, also), then went to my local Stater's recently remodeled with a nice seafood section. They had fresh Thresher Shark and FRESH scallops (the big ones!! ) Never really liked fish before because I didn't know how to cook it and the frozen fish is tough. I'm collecting some good recipes though, and using some of my favorite chicken and beef marinades on the fish.
Linds, looks like you and I have the same problem :)
KC, you are more than welcome. Glad to hear Becky's doing so well. After a while, the extra weight will start to wreak havoc on your joints, you guys don't want that, you're too active. So glad to see you on board!!

BarryMac
01-12-2007, 07:08 AM
At it again too, lost 30 pounds over the last two years, I really need to maintain, I'm hitting the gym at least 4 days a week, weight training and trying to firm up the he hooters, my goal is to be able to take my tank top off at the river and not be uncomfortable, I figure I have 3 more months for it all to come together.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-12-2007, 07:47 AM
At it again too, lost 30 pounds over the last two years, I really need to maintain, I'm hitting the gym at least 4 days a week, weight training and trying to firm up the he hooters, my goal is to be able to take my tank top off at the river and not be uncomfortable, I figure I have 3 more months for it all to come together.
Omigod! He Hooters! That is classic!!!! :D
xoxo

Mrs. casean
01-12-2007, 09:11 AM
I'm down 2.5 pounds since Monday evening. I am sore as hell, though. I will go to do some cardio at the gym tomorrow. The food part is going well. I have discovered fresh seafood. I started with Fish House Vera Cruz (didn't know they had a fish market in there. . . and pretty reasonable, also), then went to my local Stater's recently remodeled with a nice seafood section. They had fresh Thresher Shark and FRESH scallops (the big ones!! ) Never really liked fish before because I didn't know how to cook it and the frozen fish is tough. I'm collecting some good recipes though, and using some of my favorite chicken and beef marinades on the fish.
Linds, looks like you and I have the same problem :)
KC, you are more than welcome. Glad to hear Becky's doing so well. After a while, the extra weight will start to wreak havoc on your joints, you guys don't want that, you're too active. So glad to see you on board!!
Fresh seafood is excellent! We are suppose to eat fish w/ Omega 3's 2-3 times a week. I love Salmon luckily and that's what i'm having tonight :D And tomorrow maybe. It's easy to eat well if you have the stuff in the house. I worked it hard last night and did 50 minutes on the ellipticle (spelling) and then 10 minutes abs. I feel great but no results yet. I know it takes more than a week though :rolleyes: Tomorrow and Sunday I'll be back at it. Today is my day off :D Good luck on the weekends guys and gals!

HM
01-12-2007, 09:51 AM
You guys should by my workout video....7 minute abs. We guaranty results or you get an extra minute for free. Step into my office, 'cause your f'n fired.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-12-2007, 07:25 PM
3 1/2 pounds since Monday! Just got done doing my 45 minutes of cardio.

C-2
01-12-2007, 08:52 PM
We are at it too...were doing well until about October. Then it became a race against time - trying to see how much food we could choke down before the new year.
So I started again at 193, and was down to 185 last I checked. My semi-fat belt still works, so when I reach for my skinny belt, then I'll start yapping :)
My wife met with a nutritionist who feels she is allergic to wheat. Huh?
Anyways, like Mandy typed a while back - we are trying to avoid processed foods. Certainly no fast food, and watching everything else. Counting calories to drop the weight.
No white rice is killing me. We love white rice and BROWN RICE SUCKS ASS!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-13-2007, 08:28 AM
LOL, I don't like brown rice either.

Mrs. casean
01-13-2007, 08:31 AM
We are at it too...were doing well until about October. Then it became a race against time - trying to see how much food we could choke down before the new year.
So I started again at 193, and was down to 185 last I checked. My semi-fat belt still works, so when I reach for my skinny belt, then I'll start yapping :)
My wife met with a nutritionist who feels she is allergic to wheat. Huh?
Anyways, like Mandy typed a while back - we are trying to avoid processed foods. Certainly no fast food, and watching everything else. Counting calories to drop the weight.
I only eat brown rice now too, have been for about a year now and now I crave the brown rice over the white. Put some mushrooms in it, that helps make it yummy! Well best of luck to you and the wife! Processed foods is a big thing to avoid. It's soooo bad for us! Keep the food stocked in your kitchen and it will help big time. :)

BshyBvrGirl
01-15-2007, 09:56 AM
down 3 pounds since last Monday. Not bad for a week's worth of work. :)
Splurged just a bit with some chinese food over the weekend, but nothing to throw me off. Back at it today and hitting the gym tonight. :)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Ok, I FINALLY made my way back to the gym yesterday. I have to admit, it felt great. I am looking forward to going back tonight.
I made a roast last night and made brown rice instead of white. I LOVE white rice but the brown is doable. Hopefully someday I too will crave it like Linds. :)
Going to Glamis this weekend and am going to do my best at eating healthy. The drinking is gonna be an issue but I think I might go back to Sprite Zero and vodka. :)
Linds, you coming to Glamis??
Good luck everyone!
:)

Debbolas
01-15-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm with you Angie :D
Matt has booked a trip for us to the Grand Canyon. We are taking Dory boats downriver for a week. I'm really looking forward to it. The group we are going with are all professors and naturalists, so we will have our own private tour guides to all the wildlife, birds and plants. The downside is Matt and I are the youngest couple in the group (at 46 &47). Everyone else is in their 70's!!! So at the end of our week long trip down the river we have to hike 9 miles out of the canyon!! I do NOT want to be the one that has to be carried out on a donkey!
My new years resolution was to begin walking in the morning (instead of reading the paper and drinking coffee) So far I have walked a mile each morning. Matt and I bought running/walking shoes yesterday so I am excited about walking tomorrow (I only walk on days I work Monday thru Thursday)
Well, that is my excercise plan for the new year......Any suggestions?
:D

Mrs. casean
01-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Ok, I FINALLY made my way back to the gym yesterday. I have to admit, it felt great. I am looking forward to going back tonight.
I made a roast last night and made brown rice instead of white. I LOVE white rice but the brown is doable. Hopefully someday I too will crave it like Linds. :)
Going to Glamis this weekend and am going to do my best at eating healthy. The drinking is gonna be an issue but I think I might go back to Sprite Zero and vodka. :)
Linds, you coming to Glamis??
Good luck everyone!
:)
Right on Linda! Best of luck! I went to Dana Point this morning, ate w/ my girl friend at the Harbor and then we walked and got the heart rate up! Felt good to get out, even in the cold weather! I had a scarf, sweatshirt & jacket! bbbrrrr. But felt great! Well I was thinking you were going the weekend after this coming weekend! We'll be in Big Bear this weekend and Glamis the following :idea: will we ever be at the same place at the same time??? Well good luck this weekend eating well, I'm going to bring stuff from home so I do all I can to eat good. I can do it! We all can! Woohoo, good luck and keep it up!

Debbolas
01-17-2007, 07:03 AM
Ok I was told I need to walk at least an hour each day to prepare for this trip.
I did 1/2 an hour today and it was one and 1/2 miles. So I need to double my distance:idea:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-17-2007, 01:58 PM
Well, I got in BIG trouble Monday with my PT because I had a couple of things that weren't on his "list". Namely, 1/2 cup of rice pilaf for lunch (2 days in a row) and bananas for snacks. Oh, and some orange chicken for lunch (small portion) with no rice on Saturday. You'd have thought I'd had ice cream and chocolate cake for dinner!!! Then he pushed me so hard on squats that I almost passed out during the beginning of my workout, so then he was even more mad because he wanted to work me hard due to the diet and couldn't. So I did the bike for 1 hour + 10 min. He'll get me tonight, I'm sure. :rolleyes: But, the good news is, I'm down 5 pounds total in 8 days.
And I'm going to think twice about going off that diet again. :D

Debbolas
01-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Well, I got in BIG trouble Monday with my PT because I had a couple of things that weren't on his "list". Namely, 1/2 cup of rice pilaf for lunch (2 days in a row) and bananas for snacks. Oh, and some orange chicken for lunch (small portion) with no rice on Saturday. You'd have thought I'd had ice cream and chocolate cake for dinner!!! Then he pushed me so hard on squats that I almost passed out during the beginning of my workout, so then he was even more mad because he wanted to work me hard due to the diet and couldn't. So I did the bike for 1 hour + 10 min. He'll get me tonight, I'm sure. :rolleyes: But, the good news is, I'm down 5 pounds total in 8 days.
And I'm going to think twice about going off that diet again. :D
Wow :jawdrop: Does your personal trainer dress like an SS nazi? ;)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-17-2007, 07:13 PM
He's a former Marine, and former bodybuilder. He used to run the Gold's gym in Temecula.
When are you doing the Grand Canyon thing?? Sounds like fun (except for the old farts :D j/k ).

shockwaveharry
01-18-2007, 12:35 AM
Hey, I got a tummy tuck! I still weigh the same but I'm back down to a 32 waist, just like in high school!:D

C-2
01-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Hey, I got a tummy tuck! I still weigh the same but I'm back down to a 32 waist, just like in high school!:D
From that acccident you were in? Daaaaymmnnnnn, that sux. But glad to see you in too.
I saw a vid RD put up...you got a 540 in your 21? That's gotta be fun.
------------
On the diet dealio - down 8-9 pounds since the 1st. Traveled half the globe to find decent fish - ended up at ole' faithful - Santa Monica Seafood in Costa Mesa. $35 for a pound of Ahi, pound of Albacore, $20 for other goodies like poki salad and pesto shrimp. Seared the Ahi in a black pepper crust and served with a roasted pepper salad...man, we really like our free/treat days!
Keep bangin' away :)

Mandelon
01-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Sounds like everyone is on track!
I hate not having cocktails....but a small glass of red wine is OK!
Lots of small meals. No processed foods, I miss dunking Oreos into a glass of cold milk on the end of a fork....:(

shockwaveharry
01-19-2007, 11:59 PM
From that acccident you were in? Daaaaymmnnnnn, that sux. But glad to see you in too.
I saw a vid RD put up...you got a 540 in your 21? That's gotta be fun.
------------
On the diet dealio - down 8-9 pounds since the 1st. Traveled half the globe to find decent fish - ended up at ole' faithful - Santa Monica Seafood in Costa Mesa. $35 for a pound of Ahi, pound of Albacore, $20 for other goodies like poki salad and pesto shrimp. Seared the Ahi in a black pepper crust and served with a roasted pepper salad...man, we really like our free/treat days!
Keep bangin' away :)
Can you believe they put my belly button on my leg? What will those crazy doctors come up with next!
Yah, it's got a 540... :D Finally getting rid of the old iron heads, have a set of Darts on the shelf waiting to go on. Should be another fun summer!

Debbolas
01-20-2007, 11:43 AM
He's a former Marine, and former bodybuilder. He used to run the Gold's gym in Temecula.
When are you doing the Grand Canyon thing?? Sounds like fun (except for the old farts :D j/k ).
We are going in April :D I got the flu thing that was going around and couldn't walk/run Thursday, I barely made it to work :(
Can you believe they put my belly button on my leg? What will those crazy doctors come up with next!
When I had my spinal fusion, and they put me back together.....my belly button was off to the right side a little bit. :D

Rexone
01-21-2007, 07:24 AM
I do NOT want to be the one that has to be carried out on a donkey!
Quote of the month? :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-22-2007, 07:49 AM
LOL, that's a good one.
I keep gaining and losing the same pound :mad: 128, 129, 128, 129 :mad: :mad: I'm hoping it's because I'm gaining muscle, but it is still frustrating. I was so good over the weekend, too. Went to two birthday parties, no beer, no cake. The only indulgence was 1/2 a cheeseburger.
I did find some easy stuff for lunches, though. Uncle Ben makes some brown and wild rice that is already cooked in the bag. You are supposed to nuke the bag for 90 seconds and it's ready. I just scooped a couple of spoonfuls in a little sealable cup and will take it to work for lunch, along with the pre-cooked tyson chicken breast.
I have noticed my jeans are a little more loose in the lower ass area, though not in the waist. So I am getting somewhere, I guess.

Debbolas
01-22-2007, 08:10 AM
:D Rejoice in your victories and quit being so hard on yourself...;).I clocked the distance I walk/run today and it was one and a half miles :D It still only takes me half an hour:confused: so I guess I need to double it......and I DON'T want to be carried out on a donkey:jawdrop:

Debbolas
01-23-2007, 07:15 AM
Ok, I have to go clock the distance I walk each morning:confused: I think I did 3.6 miles this AM, but my family protests.....I fastwalked instead of run/walk as my body was letting me know how much it HATED exercise last night!:jawdrop: My back was killing me......Have a Great Day!
Ok, I'm an idiot, I just measured the distance with my car and it is only .08 up there so about one and a half miles this AM:(

Mandelon
01-23-2007, 09:49 AM
Ok, I have to go clock the distance I walk each morning:confused: I think I did 3.6 miles this AM, but my family protests.....I fastwalked instead of run/walk as my body was letting me know how much it HATED exercise last night!:jawdrop: My back was killing me......Have a Great Day!
Ok, I'm an idiot, I just measured the distance with my car and it is only .08 up there so about one and a half miles this AM:(
Well there it is, in print. Finally. :D

Debbolas
01-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Well there it is, in print. Finally. :D
Yeah, that and the donkey one, there ya go, :D

Mrs. casean
01-23-2007, 03:25 PM
LOL, that's a good one.
I keep gaining and losing the same pound :mad: 128, 129, 128, 129 :mad: :mad: I'm hoping it's because I'm gaining muscle, but it is still frustrating. I was so good over the weekend, too. Went to two birthday parties, no beer, no cake. The only indulgence was 1/2 a cheeseburger.
I did find some easy stuff for lunches, though. Uncle Ben makes some brown and wild rice that is already cooked in the bag. You are supposed to nuke the bag for 90 seconds and it's ready. I just scooped a couple of spoonfuls in a little sealable cup and will take it to work for lunch, along with the pre-cooked tyson chicken breast.
I have noticed my jeans are a little more loose in the lower ass area, though not in the waist. So I am getting somewhere, I guess.
Definitely don't be so hard on yourself! Muscle totally weighs more than fat so you are probably gaining muscle. That's what happened LAST time I lost weight :) Last winter... Then all of a sudden wala... the scale showed some lower numbers! That was super motivation! Clothes matter most of all though. I went to the gym last night and did 30 min of weights and I hurt! I havent' done weights in a LONG time! We went skiing this weekend and my calves, ankles & shins were KILLING me yesterday so cardio was NOT going to happen! But tonight I'm back! Going to make low fat stuffed veggitarian bell peppers.
well keep it up ladies & gents! Summer is around the corner!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-23-2007, 04:19 PM
128.5 today :rolleyes:
Trust me, if my pants were getting looser I'd be happy, but they really are not. I'm hanging in there, though. I'm not nearly ready to give up. It's only been 15 days. I've found stuff I'm perfectly content to eat, so that is not a problem. Though some enchiladas would sure be yummy right now. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
Honestly, I think I lost it in my boobs and back. Back is good, boobs is not. LOL

Mandelon
01-23-2007, 04:56 PM
Are you ladies lifting weights or just aerobics? "Oh I don't want to get big muscles"....don't worry it takes a lot of work to pack on big muscles. But keep in mind that muscles use up calories, especially after lifting, when the muscles are repairing themselves.
Cardio burns calories when you are doing it, but the effect ends shortly after you quit. Working out with weights building muscles keeps the calories burning long after, and even at rest.
Work on the bigger muscle groups, for the fastest and longes fat burning effects. But I'd say work on the abs, back, calves, pecs, glutes and arms, especially those triceps. Not good to have your arm keep waving after your hand has stopped.... LOL.
also check out www.bodybuilding.com for inspiration.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-23-2007, 08:16 PM
1/2 hour of weights 3 times a week. 2 times w/PT. I have the aches to prove it :D and cardio for an hour 4 times a week (well, 3 times last week)

C-2
01-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Cruising here, finally hit 180, down 13lbs.
Campbells makes those "Soups to Go" which are really filling. Only 70-90 calories, except for the "creme" types.
I just want it to warm up. This freakin wind has gotta go, I don't ever remember it being this windy.
Trying to limit my diet soda intake by drinking Crystal Light - the stuff is great.

Debbolas
01-24-2007, 07:04 AM
Walked my mile and a half this morning in 45 minutes.....
Did I mention that my body is STRONGLY against this exercise thing....I have such aches and pains.....
Is it normal to take Tylenol directly after exercising? :rolleyes:
I figure to keep this distance and then go up to two miles. I was thinking of arm and leg weights. I took my dog this morning and he is good for pulling me all over the place:rolleyes:
Oh, The Nintendo Wi system is good for exercise. My daughter and I played tennis and boxing and were sooooo sore afterwards....she had a friend that lost 2 pant sizes from boxing on the Wi.:idea:

Mrs. casean
01-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Weights for sure! I loved the definition in my arms at the end of last summer! But I lost if over winter :( I'm sore from my Monday work out w/ weights! Every other day is weights and cardio to get the best of both. Gotta rotate so you don't hurt your muscles by working the same ones two days in a row. You guys are all doing so good!!!!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-25-2007, 01:46 PM
I could really go for some warm sourdough bread with butter right now. I think I smell it. :(

Mrs. casean
01-25-2007, 05:25 PM
I could really go for some warm sourdough bread with butter right now. I think I smell it. :(
Bread is always the hardest to miss... the good bread at least like sd! I took Lacey on an hour and twenty minute walk/jog and she hasn't gotten off the tile yet! I worked her, any myself for that matter good! I'm pooped! Turkey tacos for dinner!

Mandelon
01-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Whole grain only! You can be bad for one meal a week......:devil:
I was jonesing so bad for a coca cola today.....arrrrggghhh need more will power!!!!

Mrs. casean
01-25-2007, 07:06 PM
I was jonesing so bad for a coca cola today.....arrrrggghhh need more will power!!!!
I'm saving my free meal for Johnny Carinos on Saturday :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-25-2007, 07:21 PM
You can be bad for one meal a week. I have to write down every single thing I eat and show it to a former Marine! No way Jose!!!

Debbolas
01-26-2007, 08:11 AM
Day off :D I still might do the walk later, just not at 6am :D
I am eating more than before I was before started walking.....:confused:

Mrs. casean
01-26-2007, 08:16 AM
I'm finally back to the weight I was in September (last river trip that I cared to weigh myself for :D ) & I've lost the holiday 5 lbs so I feel so much better this morning! Gym tonight, yeah I know... a Friday night? We're just hanging out at my friends house so I may as well hit the gym so I can enjoy a glass or two of wine tonight. I'll bring my own dinner over so I know what I'm putting into my body and how many calories/fat etc. 3 months for me to get in to my tip top shape before our first river trip... I can do it! Positive thinking right? :D

BshyBvrGirl
01-26-2007, 08:29 AM
woohoo! I'm down one official pant size :D I cheated a bit last night, some cajun trail mix and hot chocolate, but ultimately at the end of the day, it comes to calories. I track my calories religiously, no matter what I eat, and I stayed in my optimal range of calories for weight losss. I also learned from a nutritionist that it's important to mix up your foods, so that not only do you not get bored, your body doesn't get used to eating the same things everyday. It's like exercise, where after awhile you have to push yourself harder to see the same results.
Seems like everybody is doing pretty well. Keep up the great work! :)

shockwaveharry
01-27-2007, 12:30 AM
Well, they're scheduling me for liposuction, that should be worth a few pounds or so... May have him do a little abdominal sculpting while he's poking around in there... Instant six pac! Cold prolly fit in an eye lift and maybe some pec implants for summer too... Damn, I'm gunna look good! :)
I'm really getting lipo, just not the weight loss kind. Gotta flatten out a couple lumps after my last surgerys.
Glad to see everyone's doing so well! And not cheating like I am...

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-27-2007, 08:55 AM
woohoo! I'm down one official pant size :D I cheated a bit last night, some cajun trail mix and hot chocolate, but ultimately at the end of the day, it comes to calories. I track my calories religiously, no matter what I eat, and I stayed in my optimal range of calories for weight losss. I also learned from a nutritionist that it's important to mix up your foods, so that not only do you not get bored, your body doesn't get used to eating the same things everyday. It's like exercise, where after awhile you have to push yourself harder to see the same results.
Seems like everybody is doing pretty well. Keep up the great work! :)
That is awesome! It sure feels good to put on a smaller pant size.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-27-2007, 08:57 AM
Well, they're scheduling me for liposuction, that should be worth a few pounds or so... May have him do a little abdominal sculpting while he's poking around in there... Instant six pac! Cold prolly fit in an eye lift and maybe some pec implants for summer too... Damn, I'm gunna look good! :)
I'm really getting lipo, just not the weight loss kind. Gotta flatten out a couple lumps after my last surgerys.
Glad to see everyone's doing so well! And not cheating like I am...
When are you getting that done?
BTW, I teach in Perris.

Debbolas
01-27-2007, 08:59 AM
What type of surgery did you have that they have to flatten out bumps in your tummy?:confused:

Mrs. casean
01-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Well last night was an exciting Friday night at the gym for me :D Actually it felt great to get in there for an hour with less people! I feel great this morning. I'm going to take the dog for a good walk today and gym tomorrow. Now that I've FINALLY lost a few, it's much easier to stay motivated! Keep it up boys and girls! Sounds like you're all doing great!
Good luck w/ your surgery shockwaveharry!

shockwaveharry
01-27-2007, 12:29 PM
When are you getting that done?
BTW, I teach in Perris.
Sometime in Feb. They haven't told me yet.
I live down the street from MLK and Citrus(?), the new high school.
What type of surgery did you have that they have to flatten out bumps in your tummy?:confused:
I had a tummy tuck. :) Technically it's called a Free Flap, instead of throwing away the tummy tuck skin, it was transplanted to my leg. I understand the procedure was pioneered in breast reconstruction. Mmmmmm... Boobies!~

Debbolas
01-27-2007, 03:27 PM
I have a friend who had her breasts reconstructed from her stomach fat, Best of Luck to you :D:clover:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-28-2007, 09:40 AM
Finally! I broke through! Scale this morning said 127! :D Looking at my dayplanner a couple of days ago, I saw that my goal for 127 was tomorrow, so I'm not doing as bad as I thought. It also says 125 for next Monday, though, and with a Parker trip between now and then and no chance for cardio for 3 days, I don't think that is realistic. But I'll still try. If I can watch my eating while camping, I should at least not come home with any extra baggage.
I went to the gym and did an hour of cardio yesterday. I'm going back today for another hour, then tomorrow night with the P/T and cardio.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Did I tell you guys about the Havana Garlic and Lime marinade yet? Lawry's makes it, and I let the swordfish steaks marinate in it overnight and it was AWESOME!! Stater's doesn't have it, but Ralph's and Albertson's do.

Mrs. casean
01-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Finally! I broke through! Scale this morning said 127! :D Looking at my dayplanner a couple of days ago, I saw that my goal for 127 was tomorrow, so I'm not doing as bad as I thought. It also says 125 for next Monday, though, and with a Parker trip between now and then and no chance for cardio for 3 days, I don't think that is realistic. But I'll still try. If I can watch my eating while camping, I should at least not come home with any extra baggage.
I went to the gym and did an hour of cardio yesterday. I'm going back today for another hour, then tomorrow night with the P/T and cardio.
That's great Angie! You're really doing great! I ended up going to the gym for an hour yesterday and burned 460 calories on the machine. Felt great! But then I wasted that on my dinner last night :D O-well, I had to work out or I'd feel REALLY guilty! That was my one free meal for the week. Though I usually do 2 free meals, I am only allowing 1 until I really start seeing a difference. Now with a Glamis trip planned for the coming weekend, I had better start some healthy eating planning so I can stick w/ it!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-28-2007, 11:58 AM
Yes, I know. I have a southwest chicken salad planned for one night. Any other ideas? We don't have an oven in the cramper, and we aren't taking a bbq with us, so anything I make either has to be cold, or on the stove top.

Mrs. casean
01-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Yes, I know. I have a southwest chicken salad planned for one night. Any other ideas? We don't have an oven in the cramper, and we aren't taking a bbq with us, so anything I make either has to be cold, or on the stove top.
You could BBQ fish and put veggies in a foil pocket w/ some seasoning and olive oil spray? I always enjoy that for a light easy camping meal. Breakfast for me will be my dannon light vanilla yogurt w/ blueberries and kashi cereal and lunch??? I don't know! I only need one dinner and two lunches to plan for the rest. Any suggests for me? :D

Debbolas
01-29-2007, 07:13 AM
Taco salad is easy and you can control the portions. Lots of lettuce and only a little taco meat & dressing. My friend use to cook the meat ahead of time (you could use ground turkey) and put the meat into a cooking bag. Then she would boil some water and heat the meat pouch that way. When we use to camp at Park Moabi before they had hookups you didn't want to use your oven in August :( You guys know the dressing trick about dipping your fork into the dressing and then taking a bite of your salad?
I think I did two miles this morning, (the dogs pulled me most of the way) I will check it out with the car later. I've gained weight, but I feel like I'm in better shape.
Everyone is doing great :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-29-2007, 07:50 AM
Hey all!! You guys are all doing so good!
I am not losing any pounds but I feel good and my pants are fitting different in my hips. Thats a start I guess. :rolleyes:
Defiantely need to hit the gym more though. :redface: That seems to be my weak point right now. I just cannot motivate myself to get my ass to the gym. When I do, I feel great and I know that but its not enough to get me to go. :( And I have TONS of different workouts at home and I don't do that either. Geez...I suck. LOL
Ok, so baby step. I WILL workout tonight, be at the gym or in my living room. :jawdrop:

Mrs. casean
01-29-2007, 08:11 AM
Taco salad is easy and you can control the portions. Lots of lettuce and only a little taco meat & dressing. My friend use to cook the meat ahead of time (you could use ground turkey) and put the meat into a cooking bag. Then she would boil some water and heat the meat pouch that way. When we use to camp at Park Moabi before they had hookups you didn't want to use your oven in August :( You guys know the dressing trick about dipping your fork into the dressing and then taking a bite of your salad?
I think I did two miles this morning, (the dogs pulled me most of the way) I will check it out with the car later. I've gained weight, but I feel like I'm in better shape.
Everyone is doing great :D
I remember those trips before the hook ups! :D Now we're spoiled! Turkey taco meat is MUCH better for you than the beef! I only eat turkey meat anymore for tacos.

Debbolas
01-31-2007, 07:09 AM
Ok, I've been walking in the am for almost a month now...four days a week.
I can do just a little over 2 miles in 45 minutes. Uphill oneway and downhill to home. :D My only "question" is that I have gained weight and I'm eating more.
I spoke with the leader of our group, this very nice older gentleman who is in peak condition,he hikes the sierras all the time. He said I just had to walk for an hour in the morning. I would cover more distance as I got more fit. In the evening walk parallel to the mountains (not up and down). I just never get home in time to walk at night. It is dark already.
When does the sun rise earlier and set later. I know it is doing it a bit, but I mean a noticable difference?
I am in awe of you all that go to the gym. I just don't think I would have the determination to do that. Way to Go!! :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-31-2007, 08:02 AM
I think it's okay if you're eating more, Deb. Just be very careful with what you choose to eat more of. Your body will crave the carbohydrates for instant gratification, but if you give it more lean protein, it will be full longer. Start having one of those low carb protein shakes for a snack (with lowfat milk or soymilk). The trick, though, is to find one that tastes good. I use the Bally's one and it has been tolerable until recently. Lately I have had to choke it down. Anyone have any good brands with Splenda in them to share? I think I'm going to try one that the P/T has for sale next, but I hate to invest $40 buck in it in case I don't like it either.
Anyways, Deb, Rite Aid has a whole row of these products. Read the labels and find a low carb one.
Glad to hear your distance is increasing!!!

BarryMac
01-31-2007, 08:29 AM
Great job everyone, keep up the good work, the pay-offs will be incredible...
So I am only able to do the gym 2 days a week right now, Tax Season is upon us and I am at the "other" office until 8pm most nights, getting up at 3:45 isn't happening, so Saturday and Sunday are a must, one thing I may suggest to those that have a hard time getting to the Gym is find a buddy, you can motivate each other, Irma and I are each others buddies, when she doesn't feel like going I drag her out of bed, she does the same for me, it works out great. One thing you can try for Protien Shakes is get sugar free made with Splenda Yogurt, frozen berries from Costco and Orange Juice, blend it up and it makes a great smoothie, you can add your favorite protien powder and wont even know it's in there, I use this as my breakfast a few days a week, it holds me until lunch.
Hang in there gang, you'll see results, you just need to keep at it. BTW, I think my man boobs are actually firming up, I'll have Irma give them a squeeze to confirm... :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-31-2007, 01:21 PM
I think it's okay if you're eating more, Deb. Just be very careful with what you choose to eat more of. Your body will crave the carbohydrates for instant gratification, but if you give it more lean protein, it will be full longer. Start having one of those low carb protein shakes for a snack (with lowfat milk or soymilk). The trick, though, is to find one that tastes good. I use the Bally's one and it has been tolerable until recently. Lately I have had to choke it down. Anyone have any good brands with Splenda in them to share? I think I'm going to try one that the P/T has for sale next, but I hate to invest $40 buck in it in case I don't like it either.
Anyways, Deb, Rite Aid has a whole row of these products. Read the labels and find a low carb one.
Glad to hear your distance is increasing!!!
I forgot to mention. . . fruit is always okay, and apples are especially filling. Though I'm not allowed to have any after 3:00 pm.

Debbolas
02-01-2007, 06:00 AM
Yeah, I need something in the morning after I walk, (that will hold me until lunch) The fried egg sandwich is really good, but I'm thinking I could eat a little more healthy;)

Debbolas
02-01-2007, 08:04 AM
2.2 miles this am :D

Mrs. casean
02-01-2007, 08:57 AM
60 minutes on the elliptical last night and burned 500 calories! I was pooped. Then just ate low sodium soup and small salad for dinner. I feel good! Now for my challenge this weekend in Glamis. Sean wants Guacamole, so I'm not using sour cream or mayo, just low fat cottage cheese, and salsa and spices, cilantro, tomato for spices. With baked tostidos of course :) He'll thank me later :D

Mandelon
02-01-2007, 09:47 AM
For good shakes, make your own. Plain unsweetened yogurt, non fat milk, and natural peanut or almond butter, protein powder if you want, maybe a banana. Tastes good, and pretty filling.
Yogurt, fruit juice, or berries, even some oatmeal work ok.

Debbolas
02-01-2007, 02:12 PM
I know you can use plain yogurt instead of sour cream in dips:D
I'm going to the market tomorrow and will buy some shake stuff.:D
Oh, and I have JUST the blender to blend them in ;)
(we brought it home from the trailer, we love it so ;))

Mandelon
02-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Bags of frozen berries. Raspberries, blueberries, blackberries. Added to the plain yogurt is good, even some of that one minute oatmeal works too.
For sweetener use honey, its a monosaccharide and the body processes it easily.

Debbolas
02-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Ok, I got sick, :(
some kind of cold, it sucks :(

Debbolas
02-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Walked two miles, had a 1/4 of a left over steak & cheese quesadilla for breakfast, diet coke and a PB & J for lunch with a diet coke. (ok, I'm going to stop posting my eating habbits, this is just sad:()

Mandelon
02-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Steak is Ok
Quesadilla not so good. Tortillas have lard. Lard goes directly to your butt.
Cheese, is good. Hard cheese is better than soft cheeses.
Diet coke, is a bunch of worthless chemicals that do nothing but poison you.
PB&J. Depends. Organic peanut butter with no sweeteners? ( good) Or the sugar laden JIF or Skippy? ( bad)
Jelly....natural (good) or full of sweeteners like high fructose corn syrup and artificial colors and flavors?
Bread....whole grain I hope.
Feel better? :D
Me today:
nonfat cottage cheese and a grapefruit for breakfast
cheese sandwich on whole grain bread for snack
surimi ( fake crab ) with a half teaspoon of dressing for lunch
some granola nut bar thing for snack
salad with shrimp and parmesan cheese chunks for dinner.

Debbolas
02-05-2007, 08:40 PM
I've never eaten "well" (example: Cheeseburgers for breakfast)
The eating right part of this is much harder than the working out part:rolleyes:
It was a premade PB & J ........
Dinner was .................do you really want to know.......Shepards Pie (homemade, I made it ;))
Oh, and I found out the hike out of the Canyon is only 6 miles...I can soooo do 6 miles :D

Mandelon
02-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Was it made with fresh Shepards? :D

Debbolas
02-06-2007, 07:13 AM
No shepards were harmed in the making of my Shepards Pie :D
No, steak sauted in onions and deglazed with chicken broth. Veggies and mashed potatos. :D It's my kids favorite:D
I just going to post my work out habits, not my eating habits.;)
So..........I walked two point two miles this AM:)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-07-2007, 07:36 PM
So this is an average day of food for MMSW
Breakfast
1/2 c. quick oats cooked w/2 packets Splenda
2 egg whites
Apple for a snack around 11
Lunch
1/2 Louis Rich package of Southwest Chicken (but I just saw the sodium content! :jawdrop: no more of that!!)
Leftover greenbeans
Dinner
Rest of Southwest Chicken on green salad with light ranch dressing and light Sargentinos grated cheese.
Still down the 6.5 pounds, even after camping (and I was only partially good)
Good news is the P/T complimented me and said my endurance and strength were increasing. Also, I put on a pair of pants today and they were a little loose when I put them on. :D
6 miles Deb? You'll have no problems, I'm sure. But keep up the training because there is a large altitude change, at least one way, I'm sure.

C-2
02-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Cruising here, down to 175, only 10 lbs away from my goal weight. Countig calories, Sunday is a free day. Thursday is Chuck E Cheese day, their primitive salad bar tastes pretty good and since the pizza sux ass, usually only one slice is enough.
By chance I caught a news snippet on talk radio about new studies in weight loss and increasing longevity. Said a lot of research is being focused on macro calorie consumption, like 600 calories a day. It doubles the lifespan of mice, and theyt think humans could live as long as 150 years old. Also makes for a more intelligent mouse (don't ask how they figured that out, I'm one of the dumb ones).

KineticoH20
02-07-2007, 11:25 PM
My fat ass is down 25 lbs in the last 30 days!

Debbolas
02-08-2007, 07:47 AM
So this is an average day of food for MMSW
Breakfast
1/2 c. quick oats cooked w/2 packets Splenda
2 egg whites
Apple for a snack around 11
Lunch
1/2 Louis Rich package of Southwest Chicken (but I just saw the sodium content! :jawdrop: no more of that!!)
Leftover greenbeans
Dinner
Rest of Southwest Chicken on green salad with light ranch dressing and light Sargentinos grated cheese.
Still down the 6.5 pounds, even after camping (and I was only partially good)
Good news is the P/T complimented me and said my endurance and strength were increasing. Also, I put on a pair of pants today and they were a little loose when I put them on. :D
6 miles Deb? You'll have no problems, I'm sure. But keep up the training because there is a large altitude change, at least one way, I'm sure.
The Marine complimented you? Way To Go Angie !! :D (did he yell? I have this image of this BUFF guy yelling comands at you, like in boot camp;))
It is only 6 miles, but the incline is VERY steep! So I guess it is LIKE 9 miles. I'm feeling more confident.
I couldn't walkt this AM.........:( I have a wicked blister, and now I'm all tired, not my usual energenic self......I really miss walking:jawdrop:
Maybe I can go tomorrow in flip flops ;)
Oh, you guys would be so proud of me :D Oatmeal and Chai tea for breakfast :D
Did anyone see/hear about a donkey that attacked a mountain lion? I want THAT donkey to carry ME out of the canyon ;)

Sportin' Wood
02-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Damn! Guess I'm gonna have to go see the Marine!:sqeyes:
Soon as I pay off the Key west trip and Christmas I'll nut up and pay for some abuse!

Mandelon
02-08-2007, 07:12 PM
9 miles up a steep hill, you'll have buns of steel! :D

BarryMac
02-09-2007, 07:22 AM
Damn! Guess I'm gonna have to go see the Marine!:sqeyes:
Soon as I pay off the Key west trip and Christmas I'll nut up and pay for some abuse!
Bring him a beer and tell him to leave you wife alone...:D

Sportin' Wood
02-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Bring him a beer and tell him to leave you wife alone...:D
I don't think that will work, besides I'm allready paying him to abuse her why would add fuel to the fire.

Debbolas
02-09-2007, 05:43 PM
9 miles up a steep hill, you'll have buns of steel! :D
As I have "no" buns to speak of..............that would be an improvement :D
Maybe we should ALL go see the Marine ;)

Debbolas
02-10-2007, 08:16 AM
4 miles this morning :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-11-2007, 10:31 AM
Down another .5 pound. And someone whom I hadn't seen since Christmas asked if I was losing weight. :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-12-2007, 06:13 AM
4 miles this morning :D
Wow! You have more than doubled your original walk!! Way 2 go!

Debbolas
02-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Not 4 miles :( I clocked it with my car.........3 miles.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-13-2007, 01:41 PM
I won't tell anyone :D

Debbolas
02-13-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm surprised that just one more mile is THAT difficult to do. It now takes me an hour to walk ( a little less with the dogs pulling me ;)) I know it will get easier.....:idea:

shockwaveharry
02-15-2007, 02:57 AM
Ok... Headed in for the Lipo tomorrow. Just weighed in at 171lbs. Body fat is pretty dense, right? I'm thinking I'll loose a couple pounds at the most.
Just wanted to say that I'm proud of every last one of you. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to stick to a diet and excercise plan and it sounds like everyone is making progress. There's gunna be a few more hot bods out on the water this year, I think! :devil:

Debbolas
02-15-2007, 07:08 AM
Good luck on your surgery today ;)
Deb <------slacker, walked 2.2 miles this AM without the dogs:rolleyes:
I can see the difference in my legs, they ARE getting more definition:D

BshyBvrGirl
02-15-2007, 08:50 AM
ok...maybe by posting this, I'll get back on track...
my eating has been ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS the past week and half. Sleek was in town and cooked (I've been eating the leftovers) and then PMS. My clothes still fit the same, but I can see it in my face. I haven't weighed myself to see the damage, but it's gotta be a pound or two. :(
Today, I start over.
I feel better now...just needed to get it out there.

RiverToysJas
02-15-2007, 08:56 AM
Alright I need to reverse this train........
Coffee and oatmeal for breakfast.......heading to the weighs now......
I really wish I had a dog again. I walked so much more with my Rottie. :( Oh well, he'd want me to continue on.
RTJas :D

UnionJack
02-15-2007, 12:00 PM
I started 5 weeks ago, 235lbs and 23% body fat, I lost 6 pounds in the first 4 weeks and I don't weigh in for two more weeks and re check body fat. I am seeing a trainer 3 times a week.

UnionJack
02-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Breakfast: Quarker Oatmeal & yogurt
9am: 16 ounce's of water
10am snack: cup of apple sauce & 10 mini carrots
11am: 16 ounce's of water
12:30 Half a turkey sandwhich & 18 cheese-it's
2pm: more water
3:30: powerbar
5pm: Fruitcup & more water
6:30 Dinner usually chicken
this is my average day

Mandelon
02-15-2007, 02:13 PM
that looks good. Why the greasy Cheezits? Maybe something healthier?? I guess 18 isn't enough to worry about.
good for you!

UnionJack
02-15-2007, 03:48 PM
22 is one serving

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-15-2007, 05:12 PM
ok...maybe by posting this, I'll get back on track...
my eating has been ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS the past week and half. Sleek was in town and cooked (I've been eating the leftovers) and then PMS. My clothes still fit the same, but I can see it in my face. I haven't weighed myself to see the damage, but it's gotta be a pound or two. :(
Today, I start over.
I feel better now...just needed to get it out there.
I gained a pound also :(

RVRGIRL
02-15-2007, 05:21 PM
I started Weight Watchers 2 weeks ago and have lost 6.4 pounds... the
.4 makes a BIG difference.. :) I really like going, alot of great people... Does anyone from Havasu go to WW?? Just wondering..

Debbolas
02-15-2007, 06:33 PM
I only walked 2 miles this am (not 3)
Deb<----------slacker:(

Mrs. casean
02-16-2007, 09:04 AM
OK So I've been MIA over the past two weeks. Havne't done much on eating great, but I've been going to the gym and kept it off at the least! chinese last night, italian the night before for V-day :jawdrop: But thank goodness for the gym! If I go tonight and tomorrow or Sunday that will make it 4 days for me which is my goal for days to go. I am just so happy to be feeling better in clothes again! You guys are all doing SO AWESOME! Keep it up!

UnionJack
02-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Got 40 minutes of cardio done last night, and then up at 5am todays and did a workout with the trainer and 25 minutes of cardio

Mandelon
02-16-2007, 09:27 PM
UJ is pushing the bar higher!!!!

BshyBvrGirl
02-17-2007, 08:21 AM
UJ...you are setting the bar nice and high. Needed to hear your accomplishment to kick my rear back into gear. I'm a competitive person, so it's always good to have somebody who's besting themselves...it motivates me to no end...just to do better than then :D
Keep up the great work everybody!

Mandelon
02-19-2007, 04:37 PM
Still kinda sick, but the wife dragged me to the gym anyway. It felt to go back, been off for two weeks. Snowboarding in Mammoth, then a nasty cold. Got to stay at it.

UnionJack
02-19-2007, 04:43 PM
Begining week six, is always nice.... Well after a good weekend at the lake. We got home from havasu at 4pm, and I was at the gym by 530 and got 50 minutes of cardio, the of course monday morning ops normal.... at the trainer @ 5am, for chest and back then 50 minutes of cardio after the workout.

BshyBvrGirl
02-19-2007, 05:09 PM
Feeling pretty good today. Back on track. Went grocery shopping over the weekend and re-stocked all the healthy food. Got back into the gym today and that felt really good. I don't see Sleek until St. Patty's day weekend, so the goal is to have a noticeable difference by then. And I'm back in Tucson to visit Sleek Easter weekend and I told him I would wear a skirt. So the goal for the next 6-7 weeks is to feel pretty decent wearing a skirt again. Long term goal? I told Sleek I can't move to Arizona until I fit into a Hooters uniform :D Mind over matter...I'm back in the game :)

UnionJack
02-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Wow, that sounds like a plan.... keep us posted daily, so you make sure you are working out every day

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-19-2007, 06:39 PM
So where is ShockwaveHarry? I'm curious as to how his lipofixer went.
Gaining and losing the same pound again, well, it's a different pound actually. 126-127. I did actually get down to 125.5 about a week ago, not quite sure what happened there. :confused:
Before anyone starts wondering why I'm dieting at under 130, let me tell you I'm pretty short. Mandy and Deb can attest to that. Not as short as Linds, but still short :D
Main thing is, I'm not happy how I look in a swimsuit. Flabby tummy and ass. Slowly but surely getting there. I have 2 weeks to go with the P/T, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to sign up for another 5 weeks.

UnionJack
02-19-2007, 06:53 PM
So where is ShockwaveHarry? I'm curious as to how his lipofixer went.
Gaining and losing the same pound again, well, it's a different pound actually. 126-127. I did actually get down to 125.5 about a week ago, not quite sure what happened there. :confused:
Before anyone starts wondering why I'm dieting at under 130, let me tell you I'm pretty short. Mandy and Deb can attest to that. Not as short as Linds, but still short :D
Main thing is, I'm not happy how I look in a swimsuit. Flabby tummy and ass. Slowly but surely getting there. I have 2 weeks to go with the P/T, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to sign up for another 5 weeks.
Just watch you diet, and maybe try to increase your cardio. I cut out the booze

Debbolas
02-20-2007, 07:17 AM
3 miles this morning :D
(went rock climbing Saturday :D, SOOOOOO fun!!)

UnionJack
02-20-2007, 09:03 AM
awesome, got out to the car at 5am this morning and it didn't want to start, so I called 24 roadside and got it going at 624am, so I will have to go tonight... just cardio

Debbolas
02-21-2007, 07:53 AM
3 miles :D
(only one dog this am, my big lab Sonny was limping yesterday, boy is he mad at me for taking the puppy, Blondie) It was a lot easier with just one dog :idea:

UnionJack
02-21-2007, 09:03 AM
35 minutes of cardio, then 30 minute leg workout.... My trainer tried to kill me this morning, I am still walking funny (that sounded good)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-21-2007, 01:24 PM
:jawdrop:

BshyBvrGirl
02-21-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm pepping myself up for the gym. I've been sticking to the healthy eating and I feel pretty good. Work has been CRAZY. Our biggest fundraiser of the year is in a week and a half and yesterday was our press conference for the new building our agency purchased. I'm the Communication and Development Director, so I'm pretty much in charge of making sure things turn out flawlessly. I've been burning both ends of the candle, which normally would make me stress eat and not work out. So far so good. I'm staying on course despite the extreme fatigue.
How's everybody else doing?

RVRGIRL
02-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Well I went to Weight Watchers last night and lost 2 pounds..
So far I have:
Week 1- 3#
Week 2- 3.4#
Week 3- 2#
Total 8.4#
So slow.... But I will keep on going...

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Well I went to Weight Watchers last night and lost 2 pounds..
So far I have:
Week 1- 3#
Week 2- 3.4#
Week 3- 2#
Total 8.4#
So slow.... But I will keep on going...
Slow?? You are doing awesome, Heather!! I'm at 7.5 pounds in 6 weeks.

RVRGIRL
02-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Slow?? You are doing awesome, Heather!! I'm at 7.5 pounds in 6 weeks.
Well you have been working out a lot. I haven't. :rolleyes: Doing a "little" walking on the treadmill. Can't get into it. Maybe should start walking the dogs instead...
CONGRATS on your success... :) :D

Debbolas
02-21-2007, 07:07 PM
I've gained weight :jawdrop:

RVRGIRL
02-21-2007, 07:13 PM
I've gained weight :jawdrop:
Wellllllll you are skinny aways....:) :D If I looked like you from your photos I would run around NAKED...:D ;) :sqeyes:

Debbolas
02-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Wellllllll you are skinny aways....:) :D If I looked like you from your photos I would run around NAKED...:D ;) :sqeyes:
Thanks for the compliment. I've gained some muscle, I can see the definition in my legs. But at 47, I'm at that age where I look better with my clothes on, then off. I'm thinking (NOT of wearing a one piece) but of using a coverup while boating (over my bikini)
Dam, I'm tired tonight......Molding young minds is EXHAUSTING:jawdrop:

RVRGIRL
02-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the compliment. I've gained some muscle, I can see the definition in my legs. But at 47, I'm at that age where I look better with my clothes on, then off. I'm thinking (NOT of wearing a one piece) but of using a coverup while boating (over my bikini)
Dam, I'm tired tonight......Molding young minds is EXHAUSTING:jawdrop:
LOL.. Whos young. Im 36.. 37 in May.. Well last summer I DID wear a 1 piece and HATED IT... So things are changing HOPEFULLY for this swim wear season....PRAY FOR ME...

Debbolas
02-22-2007, 07:15 AM
(uphill both ways in the rain);)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-22-2007, 07:24 AM
If it was in the snow, I'd be impressed :D How's Sonny?
I was 125 today!!!! That is 8.5 total. Weekend's coming and I need to stay strong. Workouts with the trainer are getting a little easier. He says I'm getting stronger. That squat machine sure doesn't convince me. I HATE that thing. :mad: Especially when he makes me do the last part of my set fast. Usually a set of 20, then a set of 20 fast with no break between the two sets. It sux!!!! You should hear me moaning :jawdrop:

Debbolas
02-22-2007, 08:01 AM
Sonny was so sad he couldn't walk with Blondie and I yesterday :( He wouldn't come near me that night:D He stopped limping so I took him today, he was very happy and limp free :D He is such a good dog, he helps to calm Blondie down, she is SUCH a spazz;)
Can you at least streach out your calf muscles between squats? That sounds like torture:jawdrop:
Have you checked your trainer's house for nazi flags and uniforms?

UnionJack
02-22-2007, 08:43 AM
If it was in the snow, I'd be impressed :D How's Sonny?
I was 125 today!!!! That is 8.5 total. Weekend's coming and I need to stay strong. Workouts with the trainer are getting a little easier. He says I'm getting stronger. That squat machine sure doesn't convince me. I HATE that thing. :mad: Especially when he makes me do the last part of my set fast. Usually a set of 20, then a set of 20 fast with no break between the two sets. It sux!!!! You should hear me moaning :jawdrop:
My trainer yesterday morning had me doing squats, and my but had to touch the ground.... Still today my quads are killing me, so I took the morning off and I will hit the cardio tonight, my typical 50 minutes. I cant believe how bad my legs hurt... my trainer is a Biatch, but weigh in is next friday, so I got to keep pushing

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-23-2007, 06:28 AM
Holding :D
Well you have been working out a lot. I haven't. :rolleyes: Doing a "little" walking on the treadmill. Can't get into it. Maybe should start walking the dogs instead...
CONGRATS on your success... :) :D
I know, the cardio machines are very boring. I hate them. Luckily, at the little private gym, he has a big screen tv in front of them and we get the remote :) With 1 hour programming, I usually want to stay there and finish the episode of CSI or Sopranos, or whatever else is on.

UnionJack
02-23-2007, 01:28 PM
Hit it hard this morning, arms and shoulders with the trainer and 35 minutes of cardio.... I will hit the gym tonight and get one more hour of cardio

Debbolas
02-25-2007, 10:38 AM
Ok, this morning I walked....................3 miles plus a river road and three switchbacks :D
Took both the dogs, but had some trouble on the VERY STEEP dirt fire road (with the switchbacks). Met some other labs and my big lab Sonny decided they had to be ellimated and pulled Blondie and I down:(
I just sat down and slid on my ass down untill I could stop him. He got a bloody ear for his trouble. (he is fine)
I'm thinking I can't walk BOTH dogs up/down the switchbacks, so I might take turns each day walking each dog. It would help my back as well. All their pulling is good for my upper body strenght, but DAM my back hurts now:(
I'm ok, just sore and kinda happy about how far I walked.....
Deb <-----------thinking it might just be easier to join a gym and do an hour on an eliptical ;)

Debbolas
02-26-2007, 07:59 AM
3 miles (no dog fights) :D

UnionJack
02-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Saturday Morning, my wife and I hit the gym I got a hour of cardio, and my wife did her own thing.... I also walked around the speedway twice.
Monday, gym with my trainer like normal, and got 30 minutes of cardio done.... I will be back tonight to get more cardio done

Debbolas
02-26-2007, 06:46 PM
We all need to start tanning :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Saturday Morning, my wife and I hit the gym I got a hour of cardio, and my wife did her own thing.... I also walked around the speedway twice.
Monday, gym with my trainer like normal, and got 30 minutes of cardio done.... I will be back tonight to get more cardio done
How many days a week do you work with the trainer?
True dat!
124 yesterday, 124.5 today
Normally I don't weigh myself everyday, but it seems to be working for me this time around.
Also, quick recipe I was turned on to. Soyrizo (Soy Chorizo), eggbeaters, low carb tortilla and low fat Sargentinos shredded mexican cheese. It was really good! I think it needed some salsa, though.

Debbolas
02-27-2007, 07:06 AM
How many days a week do you work with the trainer?
True dat!
124 yesterday, 124.5 today
Normally I don't weigh myself everyday, but it seems to be working for me this time around.
Also, quick recipe I was turned on to. Soyrizo (Soy Chorizo), eggbeaters, low carb tortilla and low fat Sargentinos shredded mexican cheese. It was really good! I think it needed some salsa, though.
Sounds good :D
I walked a mile today, with the dogs.
(it's raining cats and dogs so I couldn't walk any farther) :(
Next month is Spring Break, we should all look great :D

BshyBvrGirl
02-27-2007, 07:16 AM
I'm in a holding pattern. No weight lost in the last week, but no weight gained. I started adding weights to my training and hopefully that will kick things into gear a bit. I'm such a stress eater that right now my goal is to just make it through the end of the week and only eat what's on my plan. I have 4 days until our fundraiser and I'm working 10-12 hour days. I did terrible last friday night and saturday with my eating, but was back on track Sunday.
It's looking more and more like a big move to someplace sunny is in my very near future...so that's helping me keep my eye on the prize. I'm not moving until I no longer look like I grew up in the midwest and needed the extra padding just to stay warm :D

UnionJack
02-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Yes you do, tan skin looks better them white skin

UnionJack
02-27-2007, 08:41 AM
[QUOTE=My Man's Sportin' Wood;2412232]How many days a week do you work with the trainer?
Three days a week, Mon., Wed., and Friday @ 530am. I do a 10 minute bike warm up, then weights. Monday is Chest and Back, Wednesday is Legs, and Friday is Shoulds and Arms. After I do my workout with my trainer then I try to do cardio 30-50 minutes. The rest of the week it up to me to get more cardio done.
So I did my workout with my trainer yesterday, and then last night I doubled up and went to the gym and got more cardio done.

UnionJack
02-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Got an hour of cardio done this morning on the eliptical (sp) 775 calories

Mrs. casean
02-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Well I was sick for a few days so no gym for me in the past week :cry: BUT good news! I'm down 3 pounds! :D FINALLY! I haven't gotten on the scale in over two weeks. First river trip is a month and a half away... time to work it :D You guys are all doing SO great!!!!!

RVRGIRL
02-27-2007, 03:44 PM
Weight Watchers for me this evening. Will see how I did this week. I'm hoping for 2# down..... but was sick for several days and did a lot of laying around in my pj's...:rolleyes:

Debbolas
02-28-2007, 07:13 AM
3 miles this morning....saw a dead coyote and then a live one, a bunny and a red tail hawk :D

UnionJack
02-28-2007, 08:43 AM
40 minutes on the bike this morning, and then legs with the trainer.... Two more days till weigh in and body fat day

Mrs. casean
02-28-2007, 09:07 AM
Still not 100% better but I'm going back to the gym. Gotta get on it and make it happen! 7lbs to go! And toning is a must! I can do it! Party this weekend w/ Mexican food catered! OH MY! I am making my cheese dip and a 7 layer bean dip, I just may have to make the layer dip a little on the healthy side so I can enjoy something! I'm going to work out that morning for sure so I can enjoy a little... just not pig out and I will be okay. I love Mexican food! why oh why is it so yummy! So I'm the same as I was yesterday and that's a good thing. Now hopefully tomorrow will be a tiny change at least since I'm working out tonight.

RVRGIRL
02-28-2007, 03:51 PM
Still not 100% better but I'm going back to the gym. Gotta get on it and make it happen! 7lbs to go! And toning is a must! I can do it! Party this weekend w/ Mexican food catered! OH MY! I am making my cheese dip and a 7 layer bean dip, I just may have to make the layer dip a little on the healthy side so I can enjoy something! I'm going to work out that morning for sure so I can enjoy a little... just not pig out and I will be okay. I love Mexican food! why oh why is it so yummy! So I'm the same as I was yesterday and that's a good thing. Now hopefully tomorrow will be a tiny change at least since I'm working out tonight.
Well after being sick I lost almost 2#. I am down 11# now. Still need to loose alot more. I want to get another 20# off by May... Keep your fingers crossed and say a pray or 2 for me... :)
PS. Good luck with your party. I will be in Cali this weekend. Going to Disneyland and California adventure... Wish me luck on that with all the good junk food..:rolleyes:

Mrs. casean
02-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Well after being sick I lost almost 2#. I am down 11# now. Still need to loose alot more. I want to get another 20# off by May... Keep your fingers crossed and say a pray or 2 for me... :)
PS. Good luck with your party. I will be in Cali this weekend. Going to Disneyland and California adventure... Wish me luck on that with all the good junk food..:rolleyes:
Oh that would be so hard for me to go to those places on a diet :D GOOD LUCK HEATHER!!! 11lbs is great! I'm eating my apples for a snack and closing up work in a few and off to the gym! First day back in over a week after being sick, we'll see how long I last! I do not want to relapse!

RVRGIRL
02-28-2007, 05:30 PM
Oh that would be so hard for me to go to those places on a diet :D GOOD LUCK HEATHER!!! 11lbs is great! I'm eating my apples for a snack and closing up work in a few and off to the gym! First day back in over a week after being sick, we'll see how long I last! I do not want to relapse!
Well you don't have much to loose. I am FAT... I have a long ways to go. Just taking it day by day... hour by hour....
I REALLY need to start workout more... Im very bad a that...:( :rolleyes:

Debbolas
03-01-2007, 07:03 AM

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-01-2007, 08:47 AM
Well you don't have much to loose. I am FAT... I have a long ways to go. Just taking it day by day... hour by hour....
Don't be so hard on yourself!! You are making great progress. What's really challenging is when you are dieting like crazy and not losing. I always lose that challenge. I feel like, "Why am I suffering like this? It's not worth it! " Then I quit. It's hard to get the time to workout. If nothing else, take Happydog for some brisk walks :D
Linds, how'd you do last night? I only did about 25 minutes of cardio after my workout with Ira. I had worked with him on Tuesday also and two days in a row was just too much. I hope to get some more cardio on Friday evening, but I'm taking today off and getting my nails done. :D
MMSW<------123# :D :D :D That's 10.5 total so far

Mrs. casean
03-01-2007, 10:51 AM
You so are not FAT! Don't be so hard on yourself... really! you're doing great and got your mind to it!!!
I managed to stay on the elliptical for 33 minutes (it's a course or I would have done 35 at least :rolleyes: ) I was wiped out at 20 minutes becuase I've been sick! Crazy how that affects or is it effects :D your body! So then I did 15 min of weights and headed home. I was pooped! Back at it tonight. My arms are sore though :D I like that! That's how I know I did good!
You are all doing great... we've got time so no stressing over it gals & guys! :D RIGHT ON PEEPS!!!

Mrs. casean
03-01-2007, 10:53 AM
MMSW<------123# :D :D :D That's 10.5 total so far
That is awesome Angie!!! You are doing so great! I'm at 117/4 since you shared your # :D I want 110! Then I'll go from there :) But I would be thrilled to see 110 again! Been YEARS

UnionJack
03-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Well just getting off work, heading home to have alittle dinner with the wife and then off to the gym for my last cardio workout before my weigh in tomorrow. I am hoping for 225lbs and 20-21% body fat. So we will see

Debbolas
03-01-2007, 06:45 PM
Wow Angie, I can't wait to see you:D

Mandelon
03-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Well just getting off work, heading home to have alittle dinner with the wife and then off to the gym for my last cardio workout before my weigh in tomorrow. I am hoping for 225lbs and 20-21% body fat. So we will see
225? :eek:

Mrs. casean
03-02-2007, 07:53 AM
Wow Angie, I can't wait to see you:D
She's gonna be hot huh Deb! :D woohoo! Angie is the new fitness queen I think :D

UnionJack
03-02-2007, 08:34 AM
225? :eek:
come on, I'm 6'6".... So this morning at my 7 week weigh in I was 226lbs, and 20.8% body fat. So I am down 10lbs, and 2% body fat, now I have to wait 5 more weeks till the next weigh in. I also lost 1-2" all over

Debbolas
03-02-2007, 08:47 AM
come on, I'm 6'6".... So this morning at my 7 week weigh in I was 226lbs, and 20.8% body fat. So I am down 10lbs, and 2% body fat, now I have to wait 5 more weeks till the next weigh in. I also lost 1-2" all over
Wow!
that is excellent!
I think everyone that has had success should post "before" and "after" pics :D

Debbolas
03-02-2007, 08:48 AM
She's gonna be hot huh Deb! :D woohoo! Angie is the new fitness queen I think :D
And she has boobs! :D
;)

Mandelon
03-02-2007, 10:52 AM
That's doing great. :)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Wow! That is awesome!

Debbolas
03-03-2007, 10:15 AM
:D I just put shorts on :D
(I have muscles in my legs)
:D :D :D
(and I walked 2 miles ) :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-03-2007, 07:51 PM
One hour of cardio today (back up to 124 :( ) Protein shake for dinner :( :(

Debbolas
03-04-2007, 07:28 AM
One hour of cardio today (back up to 124 :( ) Protein shake for dinner :( :(
OMG! You are talking about ONE POUND!!!
(let's NOT get obsessive) ;)
How much difference can one pound make?
I bet you look hot ;)
I just checked, I weigh 154....so I've gained some weight.....I'm just hoping it's muscle. Your little pound is probably some nice hard muscle.:D

UnionJack
03-04-2007, 10:02 AM
Saturday morning took my daughter (lola) to the gym and put her in the daycare and got 45 minutes of cardio.... which isn't bad for a saturday. Last night I had trouble sleeping so I got to the gym just past 630 (on a Sunday) and got a full workout done. Now I am at HavaTan today working.

Debbolas
03-04-2007, 10:59 AM
Walked up Amethyst:D with my little lab, Blondie, she is much easier to walk.
Did my usual 3 miles plus the service road and 5 switchbacks. I'm getting concerned as the switchbacks KICKED MY BUTT:jawdrop: I need to try to work those into my daily routine. Didn't take my big dog and he is mad at me. Made it to the top of the switchbacks, the third power tower. I could see LA from there :D
:clover:
I will be coming for my tan pretty soon, do you have those stand up booths?

Debbolas
03-05-2007, 07:06 AM
3miles:D

shueman
03-05-2007, 07:37 AM
I waddled down/up the driveway to get the paper....:D
Props to the ladies...good work...;)

UnionJack
03-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Trainer this morning... and 40 minute of cardio. I will try to go back tonight and get more cardio done

Mrs. casean
03-05-2007, 08:53 AM
I went to the gym and ran it hard :D on saturday. Felt great getting there on a weekend and no one there! Then I went to my brothers bday party and drank and ate. But I was able to slide right into my jeans the next morning so the work out helped I think! Back at it tonight then to the store to get some yummy "good for us" food!

Debbolas
03-06-2007, 07:15 AM
3 miles

lucky
03-06-2007, 07:17 AM
me and the girlfriend walked two miles , hit two bars and then went home and worked off several pounds -- gotta love new relations ..... :D best diet in the world

Debbolas
03-06-2007, 07:29 AM
me and the girlfriend walked two miles , hit two bars and then went home and worked off several pounds -- gotta love new relations ..... :D best diet in the world
I love that "glow" when you are sooooo in love :D
Hey, there is someone kinda impersonating you over on the sandbar...Lucky1 is calling out Kachina Ken and Jordy:jawdrop:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-06-2007, 07:55 AM
So I signed up for another five weeks (10 sessions) with the P/T last night. He threw in an extra 2 sessions, so that will keep me busy for the next 6 weeks. Still @ 124.5 but I know that's due to my fudging the carbs in the pm. 1/2 a peice of garlic bread, some wheat thins for snacks when I get home, one cookie, etc. I need to cut that out for the next 6 weeks. My mind set has already adjusted to the change in the diet, though. So I think I will be fine after I'm done. If I want to stay the same, I can keep doing what I'm doing. If I need to lose some, or plan on going on a vacation, I need to kick it up a notch. . . for the rest of my life. :jawdrop: Just the way it is as we get older. :rolleyes: I have discovered that lowcarb tortillas are okay, lowfat/calorie hot dog buns are okay, making burgers with 4% beef or buffalo instead of 22%, etc. And egg beaters are great for scrambles. I honestly can't tell the difference. And, I've started looking at salt content more and more. The thing is, it's more expensive to buy the food. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about it, but it's an added cost. We are spending about $200 a week on groceries. No matter how hard I try, it's always $200. That includes things like shampoo and contact lens solution, etc. No pet food, though. I get that at Petsmart.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-06-2007, 07:56 AM
I love that "glow" when you are sooooo in love :D
Hey, there is someone kinda impersonating you over on the sandbar...Lucky1 is calling out Kachina Ken and Jordy:jawdrop:
Hey now!!! He never said anything about love!!! :D LOL
Glad to see you happy, Lucky ;)

Mrs. casean
03-06-2007, 08:10 AM
I know what you mean Angie, about the grocery bill! First we hit Sams up for some stuff, $100, then another $140 at the grocery store! Eating healthy costs more, but not when you look at it the right way. We got LOTS of good food to eat so we have no reason to eat out whatsoever! Went to the gym last night, that felt great to finally be able to work out hard after being sick for a week! That really puts you out! Well you guys are all doing so great!!!!! Way to go boys & girls :D

Debbolas
03-06-2007, 06:57 PM
We need to go a group pic at the lake......"We are Thin in 2007 "
I can do the switchbacks at the top of Amethyst now. We bought our middle daughter a car, so she drives herself and our son to school:D:D:D
and it will be light in the evenings next week, so I'm thinking some flat walking after work:D

Mrs. casean
03-08-2007, 08:29 AM
We need to go a group pic at the lake......"We are Thin in 2007 "
I can do the switchbacks at the top of Amethyst now. We bought our middle daughter a car, so she drives herself and our son to school:D:D:D
and it will be light in the evenings next week, so I'm thinking some flat walking after work:D
Good idea Deb! I hope I'm Thin in 2007 after all this! I worked my butt off last night and it did me good! Then we ate salmon and green beans for dinner. MMMmmmm good! Tonight I'll run/walk w/ Lacey and we're having my version of fried chicken salad :D You take a spicy boca chicken patty (soy... good for you and not real meat or fried) and nuke it for a minute, cut it up put it on top of your salad of whatever goodies you want, then I go half and half with fat free hidden valley ranch and fat free italian whatever kind and it's soooo yummy!!!! You gotta try it! Who said you can't have fried chicken salad :D

Debbolas
03-08-2007, 08:36 AM
Good idea Deb! I hope I'm Thin in 2007 after all this! I worked my butt off last night and it did me good! Then we ate salmon and green beans for dinner. MMMmmmm good! Tonight I'll run/walk w/ Lacey and we're having my version of fried chicken salad :D You take a spicy boca chicken patty (soy... good for you and not real meat or fried) and nuke it for a minute, cut it up put it on top of your salad of whatever goodies you want, then I go half and half with fat free hidden valley ranch and fat free italian whatever kind and it's soooo yummy!!!! You gotta try it! Who said you can't have fried chicken salad :D
Sounds good! I won't tell my "chicken selling husband" that you eat soy ;)
I cook about 10 breasts a week and keep them in the fridge. The kids can grab one and I eat one for lunch each day. Our middle daughter doesn't eat red meat anymore, so she will substitute a chicken breast for whatever we are having.
I haven't been able to walk lately, (this dam cold) but when I hit it again on Monday, I should be able to do the switchbacks:D And maybe walk after work, cause it will be light later....right?
and we have to start tanning:D
we will be out at Lake Mohave next weekend, if anyone is around, stop by and say hi :D

Mrs. casean
03-08-2007, 08:38 AM
Sounds good! I won't tell my "chicken selling husband" that you eat soy ;)
I cook about 10 breasts a week and keep them in the fridge. The kids can grab one and I eat one for lunch each day. Our middle daughter doesn't eat red meat anymore, so she will substitute a chicken breast for whatever we are having.
I haven't been able to walk lately, (this dam cold) but when I hit it again on Monday, I should be able to do the switchbacks:D And maybe walk after work, cause it will be light later....right?
and we have to start tanning:D
we will be out at Lake Mohave next weekend, if anyone is around, stop by and say hi :D
OMG I need a tan sooo bad! :sqeyes:
I eat chicken too, don't' worry :D But these are so yummy and you wouldn't even know it's not real meat!
I hear you on the cold. That knocks you out and it's hard getting back in the grove! I can't wait for Sunday's time change! Longer days means more time to play outside!!! :D Or work out in our cases right? :rolleyes: :D

BshyBvrGirl
03-09-2007, 06:45 AM
hmm...so let's see...Last week was crazy. Working 10-12 hour days prepping for our fundraiser on Saturday. Worked all weekend....worked on Monday, hopped on plane Monday night for AZ, interviews Tuesday morning, back on a plane Tuesday afternoon. Back home in IL late Tuesday night and back to work on Wednesday. It's been crazy and I'm tired...so no workouts...unless you count never sitting and running around a lot at work. But I did pretty well cutting out a lot of the stress eating and was back on track this week. Weighed in today and was down not quite 3 pounds. I still have a long way to go, but progress helps me stay motivated. I'm going to try to catch up on some much need sleep and relaxation this weekend...it's supposed to be nice (by nice I mean in the 50's and sunny :D) and do a few miles on the hiking trails. Next week...it's back on :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-10-2007, 08:00 AM
I am STUCK at 124-125!!! I have been so good too! :mad: I know, I just need to keep it up for a few more days and eventually it will go down. I have been to the gym Monday, Wed, and just cardio and abs last night. My neck is all jacked up from Wed and I've had a headache since Thursday night. How many calories are in a shot of bourbon ?? :D I think light beer is about 110, glass of wine 80, but I don't know about the bourbon.
Just had my soyrizo burrito :)

shueman
03-10-2007, 08:16 AM
...How many calories are in a shot of bourbon ?? :D
Jack Daniels & Diet Coke Single 64 kCal, 0 Fat(g)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Jack Daniels & Diet Coke Single 64 kCal, 0 Fat(g)
LOL! That settles it!!! No more beer for me!! :D

Debbolas
03-12-2007, 05:41 AM
It's too dark outside to walk this morning....and I'm still sick:(

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Well, I was 123.5 this morning. We'll see if it's the same (or less :) ) tomorrow. That is a total of 10 pounds. I'm going shopping for new jeans on Saturday. Mine are too big :D

Debbolas
03-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Well, I was 123.5 this morning. We'll see if it's the same (or less :) ) tomorrow. That is a total of 10 pounds. I'm going shopping for new jeans on Saturday. Mine are too big :D
That is the BEST! Shopping for new clothes :D
I haven't walked in a week (dam cold):(

Mrs. casean
03-14-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm back in my old clothes! Not losing much weight but definitly changing my body if I'm back in the clothes. So maybe muscle? :D I can hope! Back at it tongiht. I plan on going every day this week. One month till the deadline! :sqeyes: My eating has been great though and no beer in a LONG time! I'm going to be wasted off my first beer when I have one :D
Angie that is awesome! You have done so great! Shopping for new clothes is such a reward! You feel so much better! I did that last year when I really lost my weight and I was like, wait a minute, you mean I need to go another size down! Holy crap! That was really rewarding! I lost 2 sizes and now I'm almost back in them... some fit great some are almost there. I haven't weighed in this week. After another good night at the gym I will tomorrow. I gained a few from the weekend. Ate Mudsharks so that blew it right there! But only one pound up, so I can deal w/ that. Hope you feel better soon Deb!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Holding at 123.5
I have a scratchy throat though :( For some strange reason, the marine didn't want me blowing in his face, go figure :confused: So I got off easy tonight, I'm not feeling 100% and I know I probably have a cold coming on, so I still did 45 min of cardio, but took it easy for the most part. Hopefully, I can get back down there on Friday and not be full blown sick.
This had better not cut into my shopping plans this weekend :D

Mandelon
03-14-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm down 7 lbs since December....three more to go. Wish I could pick the spots where it comes from. :D I had a cold/cough for like three weeks. Finally found taking a 1/2 a Benadryl twice a day dried up the sinuses enough to keep the drip from making me cough half the night.
Rarely eating junk food, lots of oatmeal. No sodas, not much alcohol, and lots of fruits and veggies. Cans of tuna for lunch....its not much fun. But I've found I just can't eat big meals anymore.
One of the guys at my biz has dropped 25 pounds just from dietary changes. He bought that Carb King carbo counter book and became enlightened and subsequenlty.....lightened, too. :)

RVRGIRL
03-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Well I went to my weight watchers meeting last night. Down another 3.2 :)
I have now lost 14 pounds in about 7 weeks.
Congrats everyone on all the great success stories. Keeps me going...

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-15-2007, 04:44 AM
Rarely eating junk food, lots of oatmeal. No sodas, not much alcohol, and lots of fruits and veggies. Cans of tuna for lunch....its not much fun.
I eat cans of tuna for lunch also. Just stick a fork in it. It's much better than I would have thought, but it's getting old. I'm not getting as much veggies as I should. Usually 2 servings at the most. But I am getting 2-3 of fruit. BTW, frozen blueberries are really good in the oatmeal. Just put them in before you nuke it.
Well I went to my weight watchers meeting last night. Down another 3.2 :)
I have now lost 14 pounds in about 7 weeks.
Congrats everyone on all the great success stories. Keeps me going...
Right on!! I'm so proud of you!
I am down 11 total since the first week of January. 4 to goal.

BarryMac
03-15-2007, 06:26 AM
Bought a new pair of pants last week, 34" waist, haven't been that size since I was 21. Now my 24 pack looks more like a 12 pack, soon maybe it'll be a 6 pack... :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
03-15-2007, 06:45 AM
Hi all! Haven't been posting on here much but I thought I would share my success too.
I started swimming at the gym 4-5 days a week and then cardio and weights 2-3 times a week and I am down 8 pounds but the best part is I have lost 2 inches from my waist and 1 inch from my bustline already!!!! I have also cut my calorie intake which is helping too.
I feel great. The improvements are slight but I have to admit I feel rather sexy! ;)
Everyone is doing so good! I think this is the year we all reach our goals!!
Keep it up! The river is going to be bombarded with all us hotties!!! :D

Mrs. casean
03-15-2007, 06:58 AM
Wow you guys are all doing great! Linda that is soooo wonderful! You're already sexy though girlie ;) I'm so happy for you!
Well I did my hour last night and same lbs today. GGRRRR, but my pants went on easier and the button didn't argue with me :) So I'll take that! These pants were tighter two weeks ago when I wore them so that must mean progress. My legs look better to me, but I want my darn gut gone! It's getting there though. I just want it back to the way it was last summer if anything. So I've been doing more sit ups which is what I was not doing a month ago. So hopefully that will help it out. We'll see though! Subway veggie 6'' w/ only the fat free honey mustard for sauce on it and no cheese is my lunch today. That or El Pollo Loco skinless chick. breast meal if I don't feel like walking across the main road in heels today :D Then fish tacos for dinner w/ light white sauce (that sounds nasty doesn't it :) but I have a way to make crispy tortilla shells that are not fried and are actually yummy! I'll share my little secret if you want haha! Well enough babbling from me today. You guys are doing so great and sounds like everyone is having a success story! Right on peeps! Keep it up!!!! :D

Debbolas
03-15-2007, 02:08 PM
You all are doing great! I'm thinking everyone should show up at the Family Picnic at Mohave and we will take a pic :D

shueman
03-16-2007, 04:07 AM
Bought a new pair of pants last week, 34" waist, haven't been that size since I was 21. Now my 24 pack looks more like a 12 pack, soon maybe it'll be a 6 pack... :D
34".... Nice .... :cool: Been off a month and haven't done jack. I've prolly gained what the ladies have lost...:jawdrop:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-16-2007, 04:30 AM
Linda, fantastic! I was wondering about you and nearly called you out yesterday morning. Guess you must have known someone was thinking of you :D
Barry, I noticed you had lost weight last weekend, but I didn't want to say anything in front of everyone, especially after all those comments when you ordered your salad :rolleyes:

Debbolas
03-20-2007, 06:23 AM
DAM!!
I am out of shape:jawdrop:
Two miles (about that ;))

BshyBvrGirl
03-21-2007, 07:03 AM
let's see. i had a great week! I really paid attention last week to my eating. Even spent the weekend at my mom's house in Chicago with Sleek (she cooks for an army...nothing but FANTASTIC food) and still lost almost 4 pounds :D
I feel like I'm finally refocused. Of course the next few weeks will be pretty stressful...but I'm going make sure I keep eating healthy.

BarryMac
03-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Barry, I noticed you had lost weight last weekend, but I didn't want to say anything in front of everyone, especially after all those comments when you ordered your salad :rolleyes:
Thanks Angie, the salad was only because I wanted to save room for Beer. :D :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-21-2007, 10:08 AM
Thanks Angie, the salad was only because I wanted to save room for Beer. :D :D
Boloney. You were the DD. Nice try though :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-21-2007, 10:14 AM
I was actually really bad last weekend. I was down to 122 and very happy and excited. Then I went on a cookie binge with cookies I don't even really like and those Cadbury mini eggs which I LOVE. I don't know what else I had, but I know there was more. Then Monday morning I was back up to 123.5. Oh, and I was sick over the weekend, and that didn't help. I didn't work out with Ira last Wed because I had a sore throat, but I did cardio that night and Saturday morning. Monday I missed because of a meeting and I was still not 100%, but I still did 45 min. of cardio and took it easy. Yesterday I went back for more cardio--1 hour-- and pushed it a little harder. This morning I was back to 122. I have been eating "perfect" (as Ira calls it) since Monday morning and am going to continue that way until next Friday. Then I will allow myself one indulgence. I'm also giving up on the carbs at lunch. More veggies :D
BBG down 4 pounds!!! Way to go!!

BarryMac
03-22-2007, 06:12 AM
Boloney. You were the DD. Nice try though :D
Busted... :D
193 1/2 this morning on the scale at the gym, I'm pretty happy with that, my high was about 230, I'm definitely building muscle I can feel it. Oh and a couple of months ago Irmanator and I went new clothes shopping for me for work, bought a ton of 36" waist pants, they're falling off without the belt, do I go buy more or just sinch the belt a little tighter??? :D
You're all doing amazing, keep up the good work...

Debbolas
03-22-2007, 06:29 AM
3miles this AM :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-22-2007, 06:42 AM
Back on track. Good job.
MMSW<----down another 1/2 pound for a 12 pound total so far.

Mrs. casean
03-22-2007, 07:14 AM
Well I've still got 3 lbs to go till April 12th. But the crummy thing is things keep coming up that I just can't resist :) Potluck yesterday, dad calls me up on Tuesday and wants to go eat Mexican food for lunch so I had to say yes! Saturday Bridal shower but hopefully the cake is the only bad thing to eat cuz I'm not much of a cake eater... but I've burnt 500 cals at the gym last night and the night before and I weighed in and am the same! Working out really helps you maintain when you're going to eat crummy! But back at it tonight and I am expecting to see antoher lb down. 117 tomorrow then only 2 to go till April but of course I'll try for more than 2 if I make it before then! I can do it! Then once I maintain, it's all about toning! I've been doing weights a little, but I want to really get back at the wieghts, I loved the definition I had midsummer last year! That was sooo rewarding!
Angie you really are doing amazing! You all are! Go shopping Barry! You deserve it! Sean and I are both going shopping once we both meet our goal... yippe!! New clothes!!! :) That's always a reward :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-25-2007, 08:02 AM
Jeff is starting with the Marine a week from Monday. He had to postpone it until after his race next weekend so he won't be to sore to drive. I'm sure he will post up after Tuesday . . . if he can lift his arms. he he he :D
Oh, and I am down 13 now :D :D :D

Debbolas
03-25-2007, 08:08 AM
Jeff is starting with the Marine a week from Monday. He had to postpone it until after his race next weekend so he won't be to sore to drive. I'm sure he will post up after Tuesday . . . if he can lift his arms. he he he :D
Oh, and I am down 13 now :D :D :D
:jawdrop: There isn't going to be anything left of you! :jawdrop:
(congrats!);)

Debbolas
03-25-2007, 11:16 AM
I walked to the top of Amethyst.....the road up to the hills..........and about 6 switchbacks..........It's the farthest I've walked so far. I'm beginning to get confident about hiking out of the Grand Canyon.:D
( I really need a pedometer, so I know how far I walk;))

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-26-2007, 06:33 PM
:jawdrop: There isn't going to be anything left of you! :jawdrop:
(congrats!);)
Oh, there's plenty left, trust me ;) Keep in mind, I'm about 6 inches shorter than you. Although, I've lost a lot in my boobs. Sorry Mandy :devil: Went down a whole size both in cup and chest.

Debbolas
03-27-2007, 06:24 AM
:jawdrop: Oh, there's plenty left, trust me ;) Keep in mind, I'm about 6 inches shorter than you. Although, I've lost a lot in my boobs. Sorry Mandy :devil: Went down a whole size both in cup and chest.
:jawdrop: Angie!:jawdrop:
Ok that's it!!! No more losing weight for me! I'm small enough as it is:jawdrop:
I'll just build up the muscles in my legs ;)
I know I have to go walk, today, right now.:D ....I'm just putting it off, looks really cold outside:(

Debbolas
03-27-2007, 07:53 AM
*(i meant I'm small in the boobie area, not small in general, I'm five foot nine)*
Walked 3 miles :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-27-2007, 08:03 AM
*(i meant I'm small in the boobie area, not small in general, I'm five foot nine)*
Walked 3 miles :D
okay, 7 inches taller than me :D

Debbolas
03-27-2007, 08:12 AM
okay, 7 inches taller than me :D
Really?! you don't look that short;)......Windy is taller than I am :D

shueman
03-28-2007, 09:27 AM
...I really need a pedometer, so I know how far I walk...
Hey neighbor, I've got a few laying around...:D

Mrs. casean
03-30-2007, 06:58 AM
Happy Friday everyone! I finally got over that damn "hump" of a number! I am at the same number for 3 days straight now and don't plan on letting it get back up one! That was a toughie! I'm so happy! Now only 2 to go. I can do one a week. I have two weeks to lose 2 and that shouldn't be a problem. Though I probably just jinxed myself! You guys are doing amazing!!!
good luck over the weekend!

BshyBvrGirl
04-02-2007, 06:23 AM
Another 2 pounds this week. I didn't eat very well, but I didn't eat much. I'm happy, but I really need to get back into the gym. It just makes it go so much faster.

Debbolas
04-04-2007, 06:27 AM
Got kind of a late start today ;)
and according to my "new" pedometer.....I walked......6703:D
Any idea what that means? I did my usual three miles this am.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-04-2007, 07:33 AM
Well, I am only down 10 pounds but I am AOK with that!!! I am trying to lose another 20 by Memorial Day so we shall see how it goes!!!
Everyone is doing so good!!! Keep it up!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-04-2007, 09:44 AM
That is probably how many paces you walked.
I actually gained a pound and a half between going camping and not being too good when I got back. Part of it may also be because of "feminine issues" ;) that showed up this morning. I only have 3 more weeks with Ira, though, so I have to get the most out of them.
He worked me so hard on Monday that I could not even do my sit ups last night. It hurts to brush my hair :( I'm not looking forward to going back tonight. I am going to really hit the cardio hard beginning tonight though, because I can feel my stomach muscles, but they are still under a layer of fat, so no one can see them. I have spring break beginning on Friday, so there is no reason I can't go to the gym every day except for my 36 hour Vegas turnaround on Tuesday :devil:
Keep up the good work!!!

shueman
04-05-2007, 04:33 AM
How would I know...:confused: I usually just strap it on my wrist when drinkin'....:D
With a calc though, and 2.4 feet per stride, you did cover 3 miles... :cool:
I wore one when we went to Dissy'Land/Calif Adv a few weeks ago... 18473....:jawdrop:

Debbolas
04-05-2007, 06:44 AM
Cool :D
Scream and I walked again this morning:D My daughter looked up the ped reading on the internet somewhere and informed us we walked 3.1 miles:D

Debbolas
04-09-2007, 06:33 AM
Walked this morning......:D
12 more days to the Grand Canyon:D

Debbolas
04-10-2007, 06:22 AM
ok, help I walked..................7160 and multiplied by 2.4 and got 17184 now what do I divide by?
Thanks!
Deb

Debbolas
04-10-2007, 07:04 AM
3.8 miles :D

Debbolas
04-11-2007, 06:25 AM
7104 paces.....gotta go look it up again :D
We leave for the Grand Canyon in 9 days :jawdrop:
3.2 miles :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-11-2007, 06:55 AM
I have been a total slacker and have still managed to drop a few more for a total of 13 pounds lost so far. :D Yay me. Not near where I want to be but getting closer.

Mrs. casean
04-11-2007, 08:17 AM
I have been a total slacker and have still managed to drop a few more for a total of 13 pounds lost so far. :D Yay me. Not near where I want to be but getting closer.
Yeah Linda! That's awesome! I'm not nearly where I want to be either :mad: o-well. After this weekend I'm going to be super strict. I have 8 to lose by my bday and at the rate I'm at now, it will take that long! So I'm pushing for mid May, but my deadline is May 25.. right at Memorial Weekend :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-11-2007, 11:23 AM
Yeah Linda! That's awesome! I'm not nearly where I want to be either :mad: o-well. After this weekend I'm going to be super strict. I have 8 to lose by my bday and at the rate I'm at now, it will take that long! So I'm pushing for mid May, but my deadline is May 25.. right at Memorial Weekend :D
I have to do the same thing only I want to lose another 17 pounds by my bday, June 1st. :eek: Or try to anyways. haha
So, we ended up at getting a membership at Emerald Cove Linds. you guys will have to come down for cocktails and Kareoke. LOL :D

Debbolas
04-12-2007, 06:16 AM
Scream and I walked 3 miles today :D

BshyBvrGirl
04-12-2007, 06:45 AM
here I thought I was doing terrible. Over the past week i've done nothing but eat out because I was getting my house ready to put on the market. I guess all the physical labor has made up for the calorie count. I put on my favorite green sweater and it fit better than it ever has! And when I went to get my haircut last night, my hairdresser commented on how thin my face was getting and how nice my skin looked :D The skin part really made me feel great, as I was the poor girl who had terrible acne her entire life and was constantly at the dermatologist trying out new acne products :)
I leave for AZ in a week. I've already scouted new gyms. And the new goal is to totally shock my family at Christmas time with a brand new Arizona body :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-12-2007, 07:49 AM
Glad to hear everyone is doing so well! I am at another plateau. Stuck at 120-121. Which is a fine weight, and I look good, but I can feel the abdominal muscles right below this layer of fat that is about 1/2-3/4 inch thick! I want that gone! :) Considering a camping trip, Easter ( =chocolate), and a trip to Vegas, I'm happy just not GAINING anything, LOL. So I'm headed to the gym shortly for some cardio before I head out to take care of my list of things I had planned to accomplish during spring break.
Deb, you want to meet up this weekend or next so I can check out your muscles? :D

Debbolas
04-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Glad to hear everyone is doing so well! I am at another plateau. Stuck at 120-121. Which is a fine weight, and I look good, but I can feel the abdominal muscles right below this layer of fat that is about 1/2-3/4 inch thick! I want that gone! :) Considering a camping trip, Easter ( =chocolate), and a trip to Vegas, I'm happy just not GAINING anything, LOL. So I'm headed to the gym shortly for some cardio before I head out to take care of my list of things I had planned to accomplish during spring break.
Deb, you want to meet up this weekend or next so I can check out your muscles? :D
Shhhh Jason will think we are swingers;)
Matt and I are going to Vegas tomorrow:D Looks like it will have to be next week.......Call me ;)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-12-2007, 07:19 PM
DAMMM! I am sore!! I can hardly walk and my triceps feel like they are rocks pressing against my muscles. Ouch!

Mandelon
04-12-2007, 08:01 PM
I'm down to 168. Still more around the middle than I want, but I can see results where I have been working.
I hit it hard this week so far, but will be on the couch for the next four days....:(
Getting rid of the last five pounds is the hardest, cuz its not natural to be that lean. But I know you want that six pack.

Debbolas
04-13-2007, 06:08 AM
Getting rid of the last five pounds is the hardest, cuz its not natural to be that lean. But I know you want that six pack.
:D Finally he gets it ;)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-13-2007, 06:39 AM
I'm down to 168. Still more around the middle than I want, but I can see results where I have been working.
I hit it hard this week so far, but will be on the couch for the next four days....:(
Yes, we do :D

Debbolas
04-16-2007, 06:25 AM
3.8 miles this am :D
(In my new hiking boots with my camel pack for water ;))

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-16-2007, 08:09 AM
Yesterday was a good day :D
Deb, how was Vegas?

Debbolas
04-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Fun:D
We stayed at the Golden Nugget and never did get out to the races:confused: We gambled and ate and slept...it was fun:D
We saw Wayne Gretzki at the Wynn hotel, he was playing in the high rollers room. Also saw Connie Colletta at the steakhouse at the Golden Nugget.
I played a $1 yo for you all, but didn't win:(

shueman
04-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Fun:D
We stayed at the Golden Nugget and never did get out to the races:confused: We gambled and ate and slept...it was fun:D
We saw Wayne Gretzki at the Wynn hotel, he was playing in the high rollers room. Also saw Connie Colletta at the steakhouse at the Golden Nugget.
I played a $1 yo for you all, but didn't win:(
Damm small world. We'll be at the Nugget this coming week-end...:D
Buddies wedding, Niece's cheerleading competition, and stuff....hopefully some WARM weather...:rolleyes:

Debbolas
04-17-2007, 05:43 AM
Damm small world. We'll be at the Nugget this coming week-end...:D
Buddies wedding, Niece's cheerleading competition, and stuff....hopefully some WARM weather...:rolleyes:
They have a GREAT pool, with a shark tank and a slide that goes through the shark tank!! It wasn't warm enough for us to go in the heated pool, but we sat out there a bit.
The Nugget is a nice hotel, they have really done a lot to it. I just couldn't get use to all the cigarette smoke. I forget that people smoke:jawdrop: They do have a non-smoking wing.
I used my ped-o-meter and we walked four miles on Saturday:D Just walking around Vegas

Debbolas
04-18-2007, 06:23 AM
But my back hurts and my knee hurts:jawdrop: We leave Saturday, so why does everything hurt all of the sudden....maybe it's my new hiking shoes, I don't think they are as "giving" as my awesome running shoes:confused: