PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know if this is true?

Bre
01-04-2007, 09:11 AM
Sorry if this is a re-post. Just if it is true hopefully some of us can help out!
1/1/07
Please be advised that Huntington Beach Humane Society (the 'humane' part is questionable) is closing down for good on January 8 and ALL PETS MUST BE ADOPTED OR THEY WILL BE EUTHANIZED.
The shelter is not publicizing this very well (probably for fear of the bad publicity) so we need to spread the word. Please share this information with other animal lovers in the hopes that more animals will be adopted from there. If nothing else, maybe your funds can help move them to another humane facility ... like in Irvine or San Clemente. The shelter is 'selling' the dogs for 50% off to move them out.
PLEASE SAVE THE LIFE OF AN ANIMAL.....THERE'S ONLY 4 DAYS LEFT. Even if you can't have one of your own, just forward this on to everyone you know and have them forward it on ... you NEVER know who winds up wanting and getting a pet!
If you feel moved, just get in the car and go down there and look - anybody you know need a belated Xmas gift? You just might find your (4 legged) true love there!!!
21632 Newland Street
Huntington Beach , CA 92646
Phone: 714-536-8480
Fax: 714-536-4541
http://www.ochumanesociety.com
Please pass this on! I know some of you have extensive mailing lists ... no guilt required ... just action!

Silver
01-04-2007, 09:14 AM
My girlfriend works with the shelters. I do not know why she would post it, if it wasn't. I will have to call her.

RitcheyRch
01-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Sad news thats for sure.

bigq
01-04-2007, 09:16 AM
I would call 714-536-8480 if you want to know for sure. ;) If people would be required to get there pets fixed it would cut down on this a lot, but that will never happen.

DILLIGAF
01-04-2007, 09:17 AM
I just called them and it is NOT TRUE! They are not closing

Bre
01-04-2007, 09:18 AM
My girlfriend works with the shelters. I do not know why she would post it, if it wasn't. I will have to call her.
~K~ thank you! That sucks! Hopefully some animals can be saved. Yes people should fix their animals, just as some people shouldn't have kids... but it's not the animals fault.

bigq
01-04-2007, 09:22 AM
This guy is cool looking...Shepherd/Boxer
http://www.ochumanesociety.com/images/dogs/rufus.jpg

bigq
01-04-2007, 09:25 AM
~K~ thank you! That sucks! Hopefully some animals can be saved. Yes people should fix their animals, just as some people shouldn't have kids... but it's not the animals fault.
There should be laws for having kids too:D