PDA

View Full Version : I-pod, flying ?

dirtman
01-04-2007, 10:31 AM
Anybody know if I can take my i-pod with me to my seat on an international flight.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Jeff took his to Florida. I don't see why international would be any different. You just have to shut them down during take-offs and landings.

riverbound
01-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Yes....you just cant have it on during take off and landings

dirtman
01-04-2007, 10:41 AM
K thanks, don't wanna piss off a "last nerve" type airline employee.:)

Outnumbered
01-04-2007, 02:50 PM
What about Nintendo DS etc.? My daughter wants to bring hers on a trip soon. Anyone know about this type of stuff? Thanks.

voodoomedman
01-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Basically if it emits a signal then either that signal has to be turned off or the device turned off if you cannot deactivate the wireless signal alone. Other than that games, music players, laptops and the such can be used except for during takeoff and landing. Any other questions just look at the website for the airline you are flying on. They have all this info and more.

Tom Brown
01-04-2007, 03:25 PM
What about Nintendo DS etc.? My daughter wants to bring hers on a trip soon. Anyone know about this type of stuff? Thanks.
DS has WiFi capability. Check to see if the WiFi can be turned off. It probably can because wireless is a battery hog. Turning it off on my notebook significantly increases battery life.

Jbb
01-04-2007, 03:26 PM
They allowed Brown to bring his inflatable girlfriend onboard,.....but he did have to buy her a ticket....:D

Tom Brown
01-04-2007, 03:49 PM
They allowed Plastic Patricia but wouldn't let me use my dustbuster with crevice tool during the flight. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif

Jbb
01-04-2007, 04:14 PM
They allowed Plastic Patricia but wouldn't let me use my dustbuster with crevice tool during the flight. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
You know dc motor brush noise ....can cause radio interference!....

Outnumbered
01-04-2007, 06:15 PM
DS has WiFi capability. Check to see if the WiFi can be turned off. It probably can because wireless is a battery hog. Turning it off on my notebook significantly increases battery life.
Thanks

sorry dog
01-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Anything to extend the run times of your USB 2.0 personal massager, eh?

driverno8
01-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Anyone ever wondered why they tell you to turn off your phones and electronic devices. Yet on 9/11 every passenger was on the phone, connected to love ones just fine. :idea: