PDA

View Full Version : This Just In..Mickey Thompson Verdict

Boatcop
01-04-2007, 04:48 PM
The jury has found former Mickey Thompson partner, Michael Goodwin guilty in his and Trudy's murder.
http://www.knx1070.com/pages/167721.php?contentType=4&contentId=278320
Maybe now Collene and the rest of the family can finally have some peace.

charlyox
01-04-2007, 04:52 PM
SWEET! I thaught he was guilty all along.

lewiville
01-04-2007, 04:53 PM
about time

RitcheyRch
01-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Excellent news. Glad to hear justice has finally been served.

acatitude
01-04-2007, 05:20 PM
from 1988 thats tragic, and not seeking death penalty. I like the way they did saadam much better, tried convicted taken out in back yard and hanged

Brady Bunch
01-04-2007, 05:25 PM
Boy has this been a longtime coming.....
Thanks for the news!

Tom Brown
01-04-2007, 05:27 PM
I just checked out his picture. He looks guilty enough to me.

Jbb
01-04-2007, 05:30 PM
I just checked out his picture. He looks guilty enough to me.
And as such......he should be hung ...within 30 days,...

Moneypitt
01-04-2007, 05:47 PM
IMO, the case won't hold up through the appeals process. Totally circumstantial, based solely on theory. No physical evidence at all. No actual gunmen rolling over, no finanical records, nothing except the DA's theory, period. Did he do it? I don't know. Does it look like he did it? Well maybe, but the Evidence was seriously lacking. I think the case will be overturned on appeal....It aint over yet.............MP

Misogynist
01-04-2007, 06:00 PM
IMO, the case won't hold up through the appeals process. Totally circumstantial, based solely on theory. No physical evidence at all. No actual gunmen rolling over, no finanical records, nothing except the DA's theory, period. Did he do it? I don't know. Does it look like he did it? Well maybe, but the Evidence was seriously lacking. I think the case will be overturned on appeal....It aint over yet.............MP
I agree, plus the fact that Mickey's sister has political clout and forced the issue. I don't know that he did it. He shot his mouth off that he did it. Let this be a lesson to anyone. Don't ever brag about a crime, even if it is one you didn't do and couldn't possibly be connected to. They had more evidence on OJ and he beat the rap. This guy will walk. It may take years... but it isn't over.

centerhill condor
01-04-2007, 06:15 PM
I had seen on "unsolved mysteries" alleged where two black men on bicycles killed the pair. What was the alleged motive?

Dezertrider
01-04-2007, 06:56 PM
What ever the out come they are well missed and off road racing misses them!!!!!

Flyinbowtie
01-04-2007, 07:02 PM
What ever the out come they are well missed and off road racing misses them!!!!!
Agreed, and I would add to that the entire performance automotive industry lost a giant, an innovator when he died that day.

Second "PLACE"
01-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Wether or not he was involved, I'll bet he knows more than he is saying.

Misogynist
01-04-2007, 09:02 PM
I had seen on "unsolved mysteries" alleged where two black men on bicycles killed the pair. What was the alleged motive?
Business deal gone bad. Mickey basically shafted the guy legally and he vowed to murder Thompson. One morning two men on bicycles rode up to Mickey and his wife as they were leaving their home and made Mickey watch as they killed his wife and then killed him. Never found the triggermen, never found the gun. No physical evidence tying Goodwin to the murder. No money transfer of large cash transfers by him. Only evidence is ex-girlfriends coming out of the woodwork claiming he bragged about having Thompson murdered.

rrrr
01-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Dunno about CA, but in Texas that's not a basis for appeal. The jury heard the evidence, arrived at a verdict. Boom.
Justice for Mickey and Trudy, finally. I hope it eases the pain their families have lived for almost 20 years.

Moneypitt
01-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Dunno about CA, but in Texas that's not a basis for appeal. The jury heard the evidence, arrived at a verdict. Boom.
Justice for Mickey and Trudy, finally. I hope it eases the pain their families have lived for almost 20 years.
I think it will hinge on reasonable doubt and the judge's instructions to the jurors about reasonable doubt. As mentioned above, there is not one shread of evidence to connect him to the crime. Drunken, (or sober) bragging to an ex girlfriend is hardly evidence. I'm actually surprised the judge didn't set aside the verdict, as he, knowing the law, un like jurors, knows there was alot of reasonable doubt. Now, don't get me wrong here, I don't know for sure one way or the other, just seems like no one else could either......MP

centerhill condor
01-05-2007, 04:18 AM
Business deal gone bad. Mickey basically shafted the guy legally and he vowed to murder Thompson. One morning two men on bicycles rode up to Mickey and his wife as they were leaving their home and made Mickey watch as they killed his wife and then killed him. Never found the triggermen, never found the gun. No physical evidence tying Goodwin to the murder. No money transfer of large cash transfers by him. Only evidence is ex-girlfriends coming out of the woodwork claiming he bragged about having Thompson murdered.
thanks, 'cause this is the first I've heard from this story in many years.

Waldo
01-05-2007, 09:40 AM
I think it will hinge on reasonable doubt and the judge's instructions to the jurors about reasonable doubt. As mentioned above, there is not one shread of evidence to connect him to the crime. Drunken, (or sober) bragging to an ex girlfriend is hardly evidence. I'm actually surprised the judge didn't set aside the verdict, as he, knowing the law, un like jurors, knows there was alot of reasonable doubt. Now, don't get me wrong here, I don't know for sure one way or the other, just seems like no one else could either......MP
There's a lot to be said about our court system, right or wrong. Some lawyers do a better job than others that's for sure. I wasnt' there and I can't imagine being a juror in any murder trial. Obviously there was enough circumstantial evidence to convict (I'm sure that's quite difficult). Criminal cases are decided BEYOND a resaonable doubt and I support the ruling.

Hardly Satisfied
01-05-2007, 10:31 AM
about time
I agree