PDA

View Full Version : Raiders going fire to Art Shell

All IN
01-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Raiders sources: Shell fired
Thursday, Jan 4, 2007 6:54 pm EST
Yahoo! Sports Exclusive
Getty Images
Two sources within the Raiders organization said it appears that Oakland Raiders coach Art Shell could be fired as early as Thursday, Yahoo! Sports has learned.
Shell, who guided the Raiders to a league-worst 2-14 mark this season, was called into a meeting with Oakland managing general partner Al Davis and assumption is that Davis was negotiating a settlement with Shell for the final two years of his contract.
If Shell is fired, it would mark the third

JetBoatRich
01-04-2007, 05:33 PM
No surprise:idea: the guy was emotionless on the side lines:eek:

JB in so cal
01-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Why fire him? He got the Faiders 1st pick next year:)
On a side note, I'm sure Moss will remain with the team...:rolleyes:

dmontzsta
01-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Yup, no surprise, Moss should be traded for someone younger too.
All in all the Raiders D is good, they just need to work with their offensive line, get a solid QB and receiver.

Phat Daddy
01-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Its going to take more then just firing the head coach to turn things around. There is a lot of players on that roster that need to be shown the door.

buzzaro
01-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Again?:confused: :D

Jbb
01-04-2007, 06:30 PM
I wonder if the Falcons will pick him up.....:idea:

Rexone
01-04-2007, 06:34 PM
I think the Raiders sucking is a lot more than Art Shell and firing him won't make much difference.
They are certainly a far cry from the team I worshipped about 30 years ago, prior to their move to LA. About the time Art was playing.

SHOTKALLIN
01-04-2007, 06:40 PM
They should send Brooks and Moss with him:D

SHOTKALLIN
01-04-2007, 06:45 PM
how many good O-lineman can u get for Moss?? U can get a QB in the draft. Grab a receiver in the second round. Promote Rob Ryan to head coach.
Damn could it be that easy? :D

Havasu1986
01-04-2007, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE=JB in so cal;2323765]Why fire him? He got the Faiders 1st pick next year:)
They need 22 1st picks.

Flyinbowtie
01-04-2007, 06:47 PM
I think Al Davis needs to take a long look in the mirror and consider the fact that the biggest obstacle to Raider success is staring him in the face.

SHOTKALLIN
01-04-2007, 06:51 PM
With a good defense you only need a so so offesne to win the superbowl. Example Trent Dilfer. :D

Fire Angler
01-04-2007, 06:57 PM
I think Al Davis needs to take a long look in the mirror and consider the fact that the biggest obstacle to Raider success is staring him in the face.
That pretty much sums it up. Bad owner, bad coach,and some horrible attitudes.
They ALL need to go.

Dezertrider
01-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Raiders SUCK!!!!!!
What was this thread about????
Oh Yeah!!!
Raiders Suck!!!!!!!!!!

Mandelon
01-04-2007, 07:01 PM
No surprise:idea: the guy was emotionless on the side lines:eek:
That's a lie. I watched him roll his eyes and lower his head in disgust. He had that look that said..."What the **** is wrong with these retards" several times. :D

Desert Rat
01-04-2007, 07:57 PM
how many good O-lineman can u get for Moss?? U can get a QB in the draft. Grab a receiver in the second round. Promote Rob Ryan to head coach.
Damn could it be that easy? :D
Nope you forgot that Al must die for all that to happen, until then business as usual:mad:

Wet Dream
01-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Why fire him? He got the Faiders 1st pick next year:)
I don't care who they get in the draft...they're still going to continue to suck, with or with out Shell.

Ziggy
01-04-2007, 08:43 PM
It ain't gonna turn around in one season, not normally. Takes time or loads of dough to make it happen fast. All Al does is spend money on tired dogs that once ran fast or threw far. We all know he loves the long verticle ball and thats what he's always tried to build.
T.O. would fit nicely in the locker room, they got lots of kleenex for the crybabies there.;) :D

SandbarScot
01-04-2007, 09:04 PM
I think the Raiders sucking is a lot more than Art Shell and firing him won't make much difference.
They are certainly a far cry from the team I worshipped about 30 years ago, prior to their move to LA. About the time Art was playing.
My thoughts exactly!!

JetBoatRich
01-04-2007, 09:14 PM
That's a lie. I watched him roll his eyes and lower his head in disgust. He had that look that said..."What the **** is wrong with these retards" several times. :D
That's True Rich:rolleyes:

707dog
01-04-2007, 09:15 PM
it starts with the damn owner al davis(die ****er die) he has had two decent coachs work for him and he let one go who came back and spanked us in the super bowl(hmmm) and im not a big fan of art shell either but those that know the team know that ol al calls the shots regardless of whos in charge....no brainer die al die!! as far as randy moss he is garbage aint worth 1/4 of what he is getting paid there is youngsters in college dyin to see the big leagues!! can his azz and pick up some fresh meat at least we can expect a few dop pass's from them..as far as the o-line same as the wide reciever problem can the dumb azz'z and grab some fresh meat..obviosly the vets havnt gottin it done in years....hell fire them all includung the damn water boy...lmao..but im still a RAIDER 4 LIFE!!!!!!!

707dog
01-04-2007, 09:18 PM
It ain't gonna turn around in one season, not normally. Takes time or loads of dough to make it happen fast. All Al does is spend money on tired dogs that once ran fast or threw far. We all know he loves the long verticle ball and thats what he's always tried to build.
T.O. would fit nicely in the locker room, they got lots of kleenex for the crybabies there.;) :D
TO HELL WITH THAT WORTHLESS F#$k FACE ALSO AINT WORTH THE SOX HE WEARS..HIM AND RANDY MOSS COULD GO TAKE FLYIN LEAP OFF A SPEEDING BOAT...MY 2CENTZ

Baja Big Dog
01-04-2007, 10:21 PM
...........................................Here's an idea.....................................
Keep the only guy worth a shit...Art, and shit can the rest of the turd bowl wanna be thugs, 1970 style, cant win a game of solitare crap heads.
Id rather watch a soccer game in spanish than watch a Faider game.
Then move the whole team to Iraq!

BajaMike
01-04-2007, 10:34 PM
If only you could fire the owner......he's the problem!
:confused:

Hardly Satisfied
01-05-2007, 03:16 AM
Raiders sources: Shell fired
Thursday, Jan 4, 2007 6:54 pm EST
Yahoo! Sports Exclusive
Getty Images
Two sources within the Raiders organization said it appears that Oakland Raiders coach Art Shell could be fired as early as Thursday, Yahoo! Sports has learned.
Shell, who guided the Raiders to a league-worst 2-14 mark this season, was called into a meeting with Oakland managing general partner Al Davis and assumption is that Davis was negotiating a settlement with Shell for the final two years of his contract.
If Shell is fired, it would mark the third
That's bullsh*t getting rid of Art Shell I think he did a Dam good Job:D I enjoyed seeing the Raiders loose 14 out of 16 games:D

FORMER RAIDERETTE MRS ELIMINATED SPRINTER
01-05-2007, 05:48 AM
Yup, no surprise, Moss should be traded for someone younger too.
All in all the Raiders D is good, they just need to work with their offensive line, get a solid QB and receiver.
Amen:D

CBadDad
01-05-2007, 07:09 AM
The reports I heard before this was that Shell would still be around. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Their "D" is good but young (with the exception of Sapp) and will get better.
It'll be interesting if they take Brady Quinn as the first pick overall in the draft. He had a lousy outting in the Sugar Bowl, but has an outstanding record at Notre Dame. Hopefully with their second pick they'll take a big ass "O" linemen. Problem is, they usually like to take a defensive player first.
Al is really the problem and there is nothing we can do about it until he moves on to a nursing home.

eliminatedsprinter
01-05-2007, 11:00 AM
The reports I heard before this was that Shell would still be around. It will be interesting to see what happens.
It'll be interesting if they take Brady Quinn as the first pick overall in the draft. He had a lousy outting in the Sugar Bowl, but has an outstanding record at Notre Dame. Hopefully with their second pick they'll take a big ass "O" linemen. Problem is, they usually like to take a defensive player first.
Al is really the problem and there is nothing we can do about it until he moves on to a nursing home.
If that big QB from LSU comes out, he would fit right in. He could block for himself.;)

Hardly Satisfied
01-05-2007, 11:54 AM
The Raiders passes up some good Qb's in last years draft

HCS
01-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Wander if Bill Cowher will coach the Raiders. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

Ziggy
01-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Art quit...........smart man.
Ha, It'd be funny as hell if the Jaw came to Oakland:sqeyes: :D

CBadDad
01-06-2007, 03:18 PM
Jaw?
Ron Jawarski?
Where did that come from?

Wet Dream
01-06-2007, 03:53 PM
It won't happen next year. Cowher needs to expire his contract before he can go, OR Oakland buys him out.