PDA

View Full Version : So I am driving around Corona today looking at houses for sale...

DILLIGAF
01-05-2007, 01:08 PM
First thing I notice there seems to be a lot, substantially less...houses for sale compared to prior times. Anyhow, so I am driving around and every house for sale that has the sign and box for more information is empty. WTF is up with that? Is it that realtors aren't working the properties and keeping info out there? No, the wind did not blow them away.

Havasu1986
01-05-2007, 01:14 PM
I'm not sure if this is true in your cases. But after my neighbors house sold I asked him why there was no sold sign on it. He said the realtor leaves it off and no leaflets to get the looker to call them and then he would tell them about another property. And keep the incoming call # and call them back later.

DILLIGAF
01-05-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm not sure if this is true in your cases. But after my neighbors house sold I asked him why there was no sold sign on it. He said the realtor leaves it off and no leaflets to get the looker to call them and then he would tell them about another property. And keep the incoming call # and call them back later.
If that was the case there are NO houses for sale in Corona....Everybody just move along to Norco and Eastvale :)

AirtimeLavey
01-05-2007, 01:21 PM
On some homes it's hard to keep the flyers out there. While we try to keep them stocked, sometimes people will come by and grab a handful instead of just one. Sometimes the competitors (other nearby homeowners trying to sell their place first) may grab them. Vandals, etc. Sellers need to keep track and let they're realtor know if they're needing more. I check mine a couple times a week.
As for inventory, it does seem to be declining a bit. Houses are selling, and many of those that were over priced and as a result, took too long to sell, are being withdrawn. If they're priced right, they're selling. Corona has had a huge inventory for a while. Things should start popping again, now with the new year, and the slowest season behind us. :cool:

DILLIGAF
01-05-2007, 01:25 PM
On some homes it's hard to keep the flyers out there. While we try to keep them stocked, sometimes people will come by and grab a handful instead of just one. Sometimes the competitors (other nearby homeowners trying to sell their place first) may grab them. Vandals, etc. Sellers need to keep track and let they're realtor know if they're needing more. I check mine a couple times a week.
As for inventory, it does seem to be declining a bit. Houses are selling, and many of those that were over priced and as a result, took too long to sell, are being withdrawn. If they're priced right, they're selling. Corona has had a huge inventory for a while. Things should start popping again, now with the new year, and the slowest season behind us. :cool:
If I was the homeowner I would keep an eye on it and replenish them when they were low.
At the top of the hill off of GRiver there are some townhomes going up. I called to see what the prices were going to be. Lowest price is just under $500K :confused: That is for a 2 BR with about 1300 feet. They go up to about 1600 feet. Almost 3X what my house cost that I am still in :)

AirtimeLavey
01-05-2007, 02:59 PM
If I was the homeowner I would keep an eye on it and replenish them when they were low.
At the top of the hill off of GRiver there are some townhomes going up. I called to see what the prices were going to be. Lowest price is just under $500K :confused: That is for a 2 BR with about 1300 feet. They go up to about 1600 feet. Almost 3X what my house cost that I am still in :)
Sounds like you've done well with your place. :cool:
I've heard a few top builders talking about shifting into multi-family/tenant type contruction. Looking for an affordable product to offer. I was just in Kansas last week, and the home prices out there are crazy! My Aunt drove me around the "high end" in Topeka. Easily $1.5 mil out here, there $419k! My bro in law looked at buying a place in Missourri, 39 acres w/lake, $289k! Crazy. On the other hand that's not as crazy as $500k for a 1300 sf townhome. :jawdrop:

Havasu1986
01-05-2007, 03:06 PM
A guy at work here is looking at 71 acres with a 3 acre pond in S. Carolina for 200K.

voodoomedman
01-05-2007, 03:13 PM
A guy at work here is looking at 71 acres with a 3 acre pond in S. Carolina for 200K.
Yep. Just visited friends there in September and they live on a 33 acre wooded lot they paid 150 grand for and then built their 3100 sq ft house on. It is beautiful there and everybody is nice. Of course the weather is nothing like here, nor the entertainment and you probably won't make as much and all that other stuff. However I wouldn't have to have a second house because the lake wouldn't be 3 and a half hours a way.

Cole Trickle
01-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Home sales have picked up a bit or people got smart and pulled them off teh market.
4 Months ago you could drive down ontario and everyother house had a for sale sign with a reduced pricing banner.
There are a couple forclosures close to my house from the looks of them. One is off high grove on buena vista and i think there is one a street or two behind me.(2nd or 3rd left going up Lincoln past Ontario)
there was a pretty big 2 story in the low to mid 500's a couple months back. vacant and it looked like it needed some work but the area is nice and the price is/was right.

BajaMike
01-05-2007, 09:00 PM
I've been looking at properties in South Orange County, something on the ocean side of I-5, and even though there is lots of inventory, people aren't dropping the prices.:idea:
I've wanted to pick up a fixer upper rental property, but to me the prices are still too high. I'm not complaining, I paid $249,000 for my ocean view place, and now they are selling for $800,000.:D
I just want to pick up a nice rental unit when the prices bottom out! Maybe a pipe dream......:confused:
:D

Mrs 2LKHVSU
01-05-2007, 09:03 PM
First thing I notice there seems to be a lot, substantially less...houses for sale compared to prior times. Anyhow, so I am driving around and every house for sale that has the sign and box for more information is empty. WTF is up with that? Is it that realtors aren't working the properties and keeping info out there? No, the wind did not blow them away.
Maybe you drove by our house today...no more flyers!

C-2
01-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Daayaaamnn, add another acre and he'll have his own Lake Perris, sans the floating diapers and Raider Nation!

DILLIGAF
01-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Maybe you drove by our house today...no more flyers!
I was up in Sierra Del Oro up from fire station 5 and off of Dominguez Ranch....
I wanted to go check out those $1M back up in there but they now have a gate up :(

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Jeff and I are starting to look also. But we are staying out here in the boondocks. I found a place I LOVE. 1 acre, pool and huge shop. I've talked him into it :D , now we just need to take care of the business of it.