PDA

View Full Version : Excuses

Old Texan
01-05-2007, 01:19 PM
You gotta love 2 for originality. 5 is highly probable on ***boat
15 Excuses for Calling in Sick
Richard Castellini, Senior Career Adviser for CareerBuilder.com
Forty-one percent of hiring managers said they have received unusual or suspicious sick-day alibis. When asked to share the most unusual excuses workers gave for missing work, hiring managers revealed some of their favorite alibis:
1. Employee was poisoned by his mother-in-law.
2. A buffalo escaped from the game reserve and kept charging the employee every time she tried to go to her car from her house.
3. Employee was feeling all the symptoms of his expecting wife.
4. Employee called from his cell phone, saying that he was accidentally locked in a restroom stall and that no one was around to let him out.
5. Employee broke his leg snowboarding off his roof while drunk.
6. Employee's wife said he couldn't come into work because he had a lot of chores to do around the house.
7. One of the walls in the employee's home fell off the night before.
8. Employee's mother was in jail.
9. A skunk got into the employee's house and sprayed all of his uniforms.
10. Employee had a bad case of hiccups.
11. Employee blew his nose so hard, his back went out.
12. Employee's horses got loose and were running down the highway.
13. Employee was hit by a bus while walking.
14. Employee's dog swallowed her bus pass.
15. Employee was sad.

h2oski2fast
01-05-2007, 01:36 PM
I'll bet #6 wasn't a lie.

R.A.D.man
01-05-2007, 01:58 PM
I had one recently whose excuse was....
'I forgot I had to go to work."
I was speechless at first, just the afternoon before, I spoke to him personally to make sure he knew to be here and by what time. So in 12 hours he forgot.
Hope he doesn't forget to get his food stamps and shit and his car is soon to be repossessed, those guys call every week looking for him.

JetBoatRich
01-05-2007, 03:53 PM
I get a lot of
":mad: I did not feel like working"

little rowe boat
01-05-2007, 04:37 PM
#11 is not to far fetched. I have been on calls where people have sneezed and thrown their backs out.

Biglue
01-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Working with a lot of temp agencies, you get a lot of shit like that. There is a reason why they are temps.

dragboat
01-05-2007, 08:47 PM
I had a 20some year old tell me that his kinda-ex way-hottie girlfriend called him on his way to work and wanted to, you know, spend the day "raining anyway" trying to win him back.
So I asked him,
WTF are you doing here?!