PDA

View Full Version : Silverado Mods

Jetaholic
01-05-2007, 05:33 PM
I have a 2007 Silverado Classic C1500 w/4.8L Vortec (293 CID) and 3.73 rear axle ratio. I've also installed the Air Lift Smart Air bag system for towing.
Anyone have any recommended mods for this type of truck?

sigepmock
01-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Get the Diablo Sport Predator tuner. We got one for the Wife's Tahoe and it does wonders for added power but more importantly added drivability. It helps limit the "Torque Management" so the truck actually does what you want...like give it gas when you step on the pedal....
I've run most of the other programmers on my vehicles through the years and the Diablosport guys seem to have the best balance of performance and reliability.
http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=64
After that a nice Cold Air intake and free flowing exhaust wouldn't hurt either.
Good luck,
Chris

tahitijet
01-06-2007, 12:14 PM
I like the diablo also as far as a handheld programer.. But personally i'd do the exhaust first then intake then tuner unless you can do them all at once.. No particular reason just where i'd spend my money first.
If u want to give me a call or PM me i can get most of that stuff for you at a pretty decent price and i'm in town. I also have a friend who is extremely good with computer tunning who can custom program your computer which results in a much better tune then a hand held programer will do but it's more expensive..

vee-driven
01-08-2007, 10:30 PM
stickers and spinner rims are good for 25hp.

Bobbo541
01-21-2007, 01:29 PM
That diablo looks like it is alot better than the hypertec that i have.

sausage450r
02-07-2007, 09:53 PM
I have a 2007 Silverado Classic C1500 w/4.8L Vortec (293 CID) and 3.73 rear axle ratio. I've also installed the Air Lift Smart Air bag system for towing.
Anyone have any recommended mods for this type of truck?
i had a 2001 with the 5.3l, i did 285 tires, with granatelli airflow sensor, k+N intake, Throttle body spacer, buller exhaust, 4.56 gears with a hypertech programmer. It HAULED ASS. i could tow 2 ski's and a fully loaded cab/bed up the 8 past golden acorn at 105mph (i was dumb enough to go that fast @ 20 years old). brake stands were instant, burn out all the way through 2nd and into 3rd, made driving in the rain an experience though

Jetaholic
02-12-2007, 09:42 PM
The truck already has a Volant cold air intake (added that on awhile back) and a Magnaflow exhaust. I'm thinking there may be a better cat back exhaust than the Magnaflow though. Don't really care for the sound of it.
Tahitijet, PM me your number.