Cas
01-26-2006, 08:19 AM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3870trade_center-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3870trade_center2.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3870tradecenter1-med.jpg
the pictures say it all

Cas
01-26-2006, 08:21 AM
Thought you might be interested in this forgotten bit of information..........
It was 1987!
At a lecture the other day they were laying an old news video of lt.Col. Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the Reagan Administration.
There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the third degree, but what he said was stunning! He was being drilled by a senator; "Did you not recently spend close to $60,000 for a home security system?"
Ollie replied, "Yes, I did, Sir."
The senator continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience, "Isn't that just a little excessive?"
No, sir," continued Ollie.
"No? And why not?" the senator asked.
"Because the lives of my family and I were threatened, sir." "Threatened? By whom?" the senator questioned. "By a terrorist, sir" Ollie ans! wered. "Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?"
"His name is Osama bin Laden, sir" Ollie replied.
At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A couple of people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued. Why are you so afraid of this man?" the senator asked.
"Because, sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of", Ollie answered.
"And what do you recommend we do about him?" asked the senator. "Well, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth." The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown of the clip.
By the way, that senator was Al Gore!

Mr. Pixilated
01-26-2006, 08:21 AM
I never will. We have a picture in our office just like the first one...And it says, NEVER FORGET!!!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-26-2006, 08:31 AM
I just watched a documentary on 9-11 on the history channel the other day. Its still hard to comprehend and believe what actually happened. :(

HOOTER SLED-
01-26-2006, 08:32 AM
It was 1987!
At a lecture the other day they were laying an old news video of lt.Col. Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the Reagan Administration.
There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the third degree, but what he said was stunning! He was being drilled by a senator; "Did you not recently spend close to $60,000 for a home security system?"
The senator continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience, "Isn't that just a little excessive?"
"Because the lives of my family and I were threatened, sir." "Threatened? By whom?" the senator questioned. "By a terrorist, sir" Ollie ans! wered. "Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?"
At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A couple of people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued. Why are you so afraid of this man?" the senator asked.
"Because, sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of", Ollie answered.
"And what do you recommend we do about him?" asked the senator. "Well, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth." The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown of the clip.
Very interesting indeed. We will NEVER FORGET. That's for damn sure.

BigBlockBaja
01-26-2006, 08:32 AM
I just watched a documentary on 9-11 on the history channel the other day. Its still hard to comprehend and believe what actually happened. :(
Imagine watching it in person..... We did..

HighRoller
01-26-2006, 08:43 AM
I'm amazed that those images seem to have been banned from the airwaves of the mainstream media. I can't remember once (other than the anniversary date) seeing those images shown on TV when a story about 9-11 comes up. They should be played on a weekly basis so that we never forget why our boys are doing what they're doing!!!

OGShocker
01-26-2006, 08:56 AM
I never will. We have a picture in our office just like the first one...And it says, NEVER FORGET!!!
We have a "hole in the water" that says the same thing.;)
Thank's CAS!

Mr. Pixilated
01-26-2006, 08:57 AM
I'm amazed that those images seem to have been banned from the airwaves of the mainstream media. I can't remember once (other than the anniversary date) seeing those images shown on TV when a story about 9-11 comes up. They should be played on a weekly basis so that we never forget why our boys are doing what they're doing!!!
I agree!!!!

Hardly Satisfied
01-26-2006, 08:59 AM
That was a very sad day

Havasu_Dreamin
01-26-2006, 09:05 AM
It was 1987!
Yeah, not exactly. While we should never, ever forget what happened on 9-11 and we should fight to elimnate all terrorists organizations and enemies of the USA, here is the real stroy. (http://www.snopes.com/rumors/north.asp)

LHC30Victory
01-26-2006, 09:14 AM
HD, Thanks for the straight scoop! It is important to remember 9-11 but it is equally important to remember history correctly so not to fall to propaganda and political spin.

Cas
01-26-2006, 09:18 AM
Yeah, not exactly. While we should never, ever forget what happened on 9-11 and we should fight to elimnate all terrorists organizations and enemies of the USA, here is the real stroy. (http://www.snopes.com/rumors/north.asp)
I stand corrected for posting that largely false interpretation of some unknown person.

Havasu_Dreamin
01-26-2006, 09:31 AM
HD, Thanks for the straight scoop! It is important to remember 9-11 but it is equally important to remember history correctly so not to fall to propaganda and political spin.
That's all I was trying to do with my original post. I'm not trying to say look at me I'm smarter than you. I'm as dumb as a box of rocks at times, people on here that have met me can attest to this. But it is impportant to at least know what the real story is as opposed to just believeing whatever the media or whoever else throws out there. On that note, phuck all the terrorists! Kill em all, let god, allah, buddha, or whatever phuckin diety they believe in sort 'em out. :220v:

Big Warlock
01-26-2006, 09:36 AM
Almost daily we see our military personnel being tried for murder and other ridiculous charges with regard to treatment of enemy combatants. I was in the first Desert Storm in an M-1A1 and the biggest insult was when some A-Hole congresswoman from Colorado (schoder? sp?) declared that we were in humane because we buried a bunch of Iraqis alive in the trenches after they refused to surrender. We just sent a few tanks up front with fin board covering the rakes and moved dirt on top of them. I guess they never taught us to capture and apply lethal injections while offering comfort?? Morons!! I really get pissed when soldiers are questioned on how to conduct the war. It's war damn it! It's supposed to be hell. You called for it, let the military do it's thing! Jeeeeeeeesh!
Damn right I won't forget. But I am afraid that many in our country already have. :cry:

FMluvswater
01-26-2006, 11:05 AM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3870trade_center-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3870trade_center2.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3870tradecenter1-med.jpg
the pictures say it all
Haven't forgotten. Never will. Still makes my stomach queasy and my eyes tear up. Unfathomable evil. So many lives lost, or forever scarred. If it's a wrong that can ever be righted may the good Lord make it so. :chi:

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
01-26-2006, 11:09 AM
We Never will Forget that day..........or the many lives taken or hurt by that disaster!!!!!

BigBlockBaja
01-26-2006, 11:21 AM
I remember watching the news at one of my stops that day. They were showing F*cking towel heads celebrating.. Imagine that? Right on the streets of NYC..
Amazing.. And we still let them f*ckers stay here..

AltarGirl
01-26-2006, 11:26 AM
It seems like it was so long ago, I remember where I was & what I was doing. It was a very confusing & chaotic day :frown:

Ziggy
01-26-2006, 11:50 AM
I'm glad I got to see them in person before that fateful day. I still recall watching the TV in total disbelief/shock that morning.....
Good will prevail, there is no other option.

SB
01-26-2006, 12:31 PM
I will never forget. In fact I get angry at the towelheads all over again everytime I go through airport security and take off my shoes. My ****in' shoes!

Havasu_Dreamin
01-26-2006, 01:06 PM
It seems like it was so long ago, I remember where I was & what I was doing. It was a very confusing & chaotic day :frown:
Ype, kinda weird showing up at work and there are US Marshals armed with mini-14's, or whatever the civilain version of the M-16 is, at the gates.

BigBlockBaja
01-31-2006, 09:31 PM
A&E just showed "Flight 93". What eveyone think of that?

Throttle
01-31-2006, 09:36 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2610100_1383.JPG
:rollside: