PDA

View Full Version : boat name edicate??

Makinitdrip
01-06-2007, 09:33 PM
ok how bout a survey. I am pickin my new boat up this week (thanks John West). My old boat name is "soakin wet". I want to keep it for the new boat but not sure if that is bad luck. Then.. should I take the name off the old boat when I sell it?

eek-a-RAT
01-06-2007, 09:36 PM
ok how bout a survey. I am pickin my new boat up this week (thanks John West). My old boat name is "soakin wet". I want to keep it for the new boat but not sure if that is bad luck. Then.. should I take the name off the old boat when I sell it?
only one i have heard of was, you cant name a boat that has already been named.
dont forget the ceremony for the new freshly named.
i know there is more to it than that.

Moneypitt
01-06-2007, 11:02 PM
"Soakin wet II" will appease the boat name gods...........That and pics of your wife/girlfriend washing the new boat, all soapy and:) ...............Oh, well yeah, just call it "Soakin Wet II"...............MP

Ultracrazy
01-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Welcome to the Ultra family...........watcha get?

HocusPocus
01-07-2007, 12:11 AM
its your boat name it what you want. :D

Riomouse911
01-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Mebbe "Still Soakin' Wet" or "Soakin' Wet Again".. will work by re-naming without re-treading... But I gotta agree, it's your boat, your choice. Oh, and the launching ceremony must be one to appease the gods.. or it's a lifetime of blown outdrives and leaking hoses (so I've been told)..
Have fun with the new toy!

Kilrtoy
01-07-2007, 04:06 PM
"Soakin wet II" will appease the boat name gods...........That and pics of your wife/girlfriend washing the new boat, all soapy and:) ...............Oh, well yeah, just call it "Soakin Wet II"...............MP
YEAH WHAT HE SAID
always wet
keepin it wet
dripping wet:D

SmokinLowriderSS
01-07-2007, 05:13 PM
I have the texts of both ceremonies, to de-name a craft (and yes, you should remove the name of the vessel afterward) and to name/rename the vessel. This is supposed to keep you in the good graces of mighty Neptune and the gods of the 4 winds (names escape me).
Hell, it's a fun 2-champagne bottle ceremony anyhow (no, you do NOT strike the boat with either of them, you and the First Mate do drink what is not offered to the gods (excess)). Also, you can have the ceremony before putting the name on, but, if you put the name on first, it must not be displayed before the naming is completed (cover it). The ceremony IS done afloat, but is allowed to be done docked. :D
I like some of the ideas for "follow-on" names, not just "Soakin' Wet II", let alone using the same name again.
Personally, I would just leave it named, go with something different, but tell the next owner that should he decide to rename it, of the ceremony, or risk the ire of the gods. :D

ratso
01-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Whatever you do, don't include the word ETIQUETTE in it...http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif:D

lewiville
01-07-2007, 09:06 PM
for your second boat you have to use your last name and add "ing" after it.

Makinitdrip
01-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Whatever you do, don't include the word ETIQUETTE in it...http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif:D
damn I thought I snuck that one by lol

Makinitdrip
01-10-2007, 11:12 PM
I have the texts of both ceremonies, to de-name a craft (and yes, you should remove the name of the vessel afterward) and to name/rename the vessel. This is supposed to keep you in the good graces of mighty Neptune and the gods of the 4 winds (names escape me).
Hell, it's a fun 2-champagne bottle ceremony anyhow (no, you do NOT strike the boat with either of them, you and the First Mate do drink what is not offered to the gods (excess)). Also, you can have the ceremony before putting the name on, but, if you put the name on first, it must not be displayed before the naming is completed (cover it). The ceremony IS done afloat, but is allowed to be done docked. :D
I like some of the ideas for "follow-on" names, not just "Soakin' Wet II", let alone using the same name again.
Personally, I would just leave it named, go with something different, but tell the next owner that should he decide to rename it, of the ceremony, or risk the ire of the gods. :D
give em up. I need to be educated in this ceremony

Throttle
01-10-2007, 11:19 PM
my previous boat was named "overtime", it only seemed right to name the newer bigger one "more overtime". I did take the name off of the old one before selling it. The joke with my friends is how do I get overtime when I don't even work the regular time...

Makinitdrip
01-10-2007, 11:22 PM
I keep bouncing back and forth between "Makin it Drip" and "Wetter the Better" any input??

Forkin' Crazy
01-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Word!!!http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
;)

blackcloud75
01-10-2007, 11:29 PM
my previous boat was named "overtime", it only seemed right to name the newer bigger one "more overtime". I did take the name off of the old one before selling it. The joke with my friends is how do I get overtime when I don't even work the regular time...
I have been known to work the "magenta" colored days myself......
I have latch-key fireman, they don't know who their daddy is..:D
No name on my sled.
If it was named, it would say "No Money, Know Moor"

Throttle
01-10-2007, 11:33 PM
I have been known to work the "magenta" colored days myself......
I have latch-key fireman, they don't know who their daddy is..:D
No name on my sled.
If it was named, it would say "No Money, Know Moor"
lol:idea:

Spotondl
01-11-2007, 12:12 AM
[COLOR="Sienna"]
give em up. I need to be educated in this ceremony
BOREAS = North wind god
EURUS = East wind god
ZEPHYRUS = West wind god
NOTUS = South wind god
all are brothers, you need to say some prayer to each god, pour a little champagne into the water, facing the appropriate direction, as an offering, then you get to drink the rest...

Spotondl
01-11-2007, 12:14 AM
Here is the link to the ceremony and history...
http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/rename.htm

Spotondl
01-11-2007, 12:16 AM
If you are Christian or Jewish you should understand that this ceremony is blatantly in violation of the big 10 rules... LOL :devil: :devil: :devil: