PDA

View Full Version : Will it ever stop

Not So Fast
01-07-2007, 11:10 AM
We have lived here 5 years now and I have never seen the wind blow for this long a period. I thought it was over this morning so I go to the ramp to see if there are any fools launching (yep, there was) and up comes the Hawk again, blowing like crazy right now. GO AWAY PLEASE. :( NSF

Beer-30
01-07-2007, 11:15 AM
It's only 16mph. Try Laughlin/Mohave, it is 30mph right now.

Not So Fast
01-07-2007, 11:51 AM
It's only 16mph. Try Laughlin/Mohave, it is 30mph right now.
I'm a pretty good judge of wind speed and this ain't no 16mph by a long shot!! I would post a pic of the lake but I've got some malformed script hangin on me so I cant get into the galleries. :confused: NSF

Beer-30
01-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Weather Underground / www.wunderground.com / was showing live, 14 to 18 with gusts to 26. That's what I was going by.

Moneypitt
01-07-2007, 12:04 PM
20-25 sustained, with gusts to 40 here in So Cal. Higher gusts below passes and canyons........Its howling out there. Had to bring in the patio furniture, batten down what hatches we have, side gate blew off the hinges, boat covers flapping in the wind, humidity very low, I'm surprised some moron hasn't started a fire yet.........MP

Mrs.Racer277
01-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Hubby wss just out at the lake. Not in the boat, took the dog. He said waves were crashing on shore. Looks like the ocean. :eek:

Riomouse911
01-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Let's see, we've lost our margarita glasses which blew out from under a table and shattered, our teak patio table cracked in half when it lifted off it's base and flew away, the kid's toys have migrated to the far corner of the yard (about 300' down the hill), my bedliner lifted out of the truck and almost flew away (the toolbox bolted to the bed held it), my pool looks like the great dismal swamp with dirt, leaves and wood bark coating the bottom, the neighbors Christmas tree was wedged under the pickup, the fence is lined with plastic bags from someone else's trash, and the new palm tree I recently planted is now parallel to the ground and the wind is pinning it for a 3-count... but at least we're healthy!

h2oski2fast
01-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Let's see, we've lost our margarita glasses which blew out from under a table and shattered, our teak patio table cracked in half when it lifted off it's base and flew away, the kid's toys have migrated to the far corner of the yard (about 300' down the hill), my bedliner lifted out of the truck and almost flew away (the toolbox bolted to the bed held it), my pool looks like the great dismal swamp with dirt, leaves and wood bark coating the bottom, the neighbors Christmas tree was wedged under the pickup, the fence is lined with plastic bags from someone else's trash, and the new palm tree I recently planted is now parallel to the ground and the wind is pinning it for a 3-count... but at least we're healthy!
Thats weird, here in Costa Mesa the trees aren't moving at all. I heard it was supposed to blow, but haven't seen it yet.

phebus
01-08-2007, 08:14 AM
The tradition is to sacrifice a virgin to end the wind, but I searched all over Havasu yesterday, and no matter what bar I went in to, I couldn't find one. So, it is just going to have to run it's course.
Sorry..............................

Not So Fast
01-08-2007, 08:16 AM
The tradition is to sacrifice a virgin to end the wind, but I searched all over Havasu yesterday, and no matter what bar I went in to, I couldn't find one. So, it is just going to have to run it's course.
Sorry..............................
I knew I could count on you Rick. :D

a catered life
01-08-2007, 09:25 AM
We have lived here 5 years now and I have never seen the wind blow for this long a period. I thought it was over this morning so I go to the ramp to see if there are any fools launching (yep, there was) and up comes the Hawk again, blowing like crazy right now. GO AWAY PLEASE. :( NSF
classic words:D