PDA

View Full Version : Metal Detector? lost wedding ring.

cyclone
01-07-2007, 08:28 PM
anyone got any experience using a metal detector to find a missing wedding ring? the ring is white gold or titanium. can't remember which. Its somewhere in sand. i know the general area (about 12x12-feet) but can't for the life of me find it on my own.
help!

Makinitdrip
01-07-2007, 08:31 PM
i lost mine. went and rented a metal detector and found it

ratso
01-07-2007, 08:37 PM
anyone got any experience using a metal detector to find a missing wedding ring? the ring is white gold or titanium. can't remember which. Its somewhere in sand. i know the general area (about 12x12-feet) but can't for the life of me find it on my own.
help!
http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

Jordy
01-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Likely story... :D :D :D

cyclone
01-07-2007, 08:42 PM
i lost mine. went and rented a metal detector and found it
where'd you rent it from?

cyclone
01-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Likely story... :D :D :D
i have witnesses!:D
they were coors light, bud light and several other jetters. lol

phebus
01-07-2007, 08:44 PM
help!
Probably still attached to the body..............:jawdrop:

cyclone
01-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Probably still attached to the body..............:jawdrop:
i really hope your joking. jackass. :rolleyes:

phebus
01-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Thanks, most people just call me asshole :D

Cs19
01-07-2007, 09:03 PM
I hope Jessa doesnt read this.:eek:
When are you going back to Elsinore?

Kindsvater Flat
01-07-2007, 09:05 PM
My current wedding ring does not leave my top dresser drawer. I refuse to wear it 90% of the time. The other wedding ring from my first marriage is somewhere between home and work.:D

ratso
01-07-2007, 09:06 PM
My current wedding ring does not leave my top dresser drawer. I refuse to wear it 90% of the time. The other wedding ring from my first marriage is somewhere between home and work.:D
I have a couple of them at the bottom of Lake Waco...

BrendellaJet
01-07-2007, 09:06 PM
damn, that sucks. Dont know where to rent a metal detector though:( .
I lost mine when laying some sod once. Drove me nuts. Thought I gave up, then I found myself pulling up the freshly laid sod at 2 in the morning in the pouring rain-I found it.

HocusPocus
01-07-2007, 09:12 PM
some hardware stores rent them, they come in handy for finding pipes and such underground. good luck.

cyclone
01-07-2007, 09:52 PM
I hope Jessa doesnt read this.:eek:
When are you going back to Elsinore?
already told her. can't lie to that woman.
be back there next sunday.

W.O.T
01-07-2007, 10:11 PM
i cant believe with all of us looking as good as we did it wasnt found. im sure you will have better luck with the metal detector.

Makinitdrip
01-07-2007, 10:25 PM
where'd you rent it from?
a mining store in Hesperia off I street

Thorsinc
01-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Don’t forget some type of sifter for the sand.

Havasu Luvr
01-08-2007, 06:50 AM
Last year during Pres Day weekend at Dumont my wife handed her wedding set to me before she went riding and when I pulled the truck keys out of my pocket later that morning I dropped them... didnt know until we got home. I felt so bad that by wednesday I packed food/water and a steel rack and closed the office, drove back out to Dumont to locate our camp site. Lucky for me it only took 45min to locate our campsite due to the fact I found the pile of peanut shells and a bacon grease stain. Marked off a 40'sq area and started rack VERY slowly. About 50min into racking I found it... GOOD LUCK

RiverToysJas
01-08-2007, 08:00 AM
That really sucks!!! Sorry to hear it :(
A 3' x 3' screen sifter box (which you can make with about $10 in materials from Home Depot) and a shovel would work. I wouldn't wait though. If it's on any sort of public beach, there were probably 6 retired dudes out there early the next morning with metal detectors.
Good Luck!
RTJas :D

cyclone
01-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Haven't had much luck finding a place that rents one and the professional grade ones are over a thousand bucks. Radio Shack sells some cheaper models but i've got no clue which one to buy. the specs are more or less the same. Can someone decipher this for me?:
http://www.radioshack.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=metal%20detector&origkw=metal%20detector
i just wanna find my ring, not the holy grail!
i'm gonna go buy a detector today and head back out to Elsinore to find it tomorrow morning.

Jordy
01-08-2007, 08:20 AM
i'm gonna go buy a detector today and head back out to Elsinore to find it tomorrow morning.
Wow, I'm loading up my commercial grade detector and heading out there this afternoon. Wanna buy a ring??? :D :D :D

HM
01-08-2007, 08:21 AM
I did the same thing in a bigger space at the beach as well. I went and bought a $20 metal detector from Radio Shack. Then, I wired up some headphones to the unit as I couldn't really hear the speaker with the surf breaking. Took me about 1 1/2 hours, but I found it. I also fount a bunch of other stuff.

blender over
01-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Haven't had much luck finding a place that rents one and the professional grade ones are over a thousand bucks. Radio Shack sells some cheaper models but i've got no clue which one to buy. the specs are more or less the same. Can someone decipher this for me?:
http://www.radioshack.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=metal%20detector&origkw=metal%20detector
i just wanna find my ring, not the holy grail!
That sucks did you loose it after we left?

phebus
01-08-2007, 08:25 AM
Wow, I'm loading up my commercial grade detector and heading out there this afternoon. Wanna buy a ring??? :D :D :D
:D :D :D

NdaWind
01-08-2007, 08:25 AM
If you lost the ring in Elsinore Village rent it center rents them for about $15.00 per day. 951-678-4141. They are on Grand Ave by Lakeland Marine

cyclone
01-08-2007, 08:45 AM
That sucks did you loose it after we left?
Yup. i stood up to leave and when i shook off the sand from my hands the damn thing fell off. we stayed until about 530 pm looking for it.

cyclone
01-08-2007, 08:45 AM
If you lost the ring in Elsinore Village rent it center rents them for about $15.00 per day. 951-678-4141. They are on Grand Ave by Lakeland Marine
excellent! thanks for the info.

cyclone
01-08-2007, 08:46 AM
good luck with that. not too much beach to cover. let me know when you've hit paydirt with kdirt.

Mandelon
01-08-2007, 09:00 AM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6456River_9-23_027-med.jpg
A friend of mine lost her $3000 ring on this beach the weekend before. Her husband bought a $249 metal detector and my daughter and I went at it for a few hours. We found all kinds of stuff, but not the ring.
Look in the newpaper or try craigs list. Used, these things are cheap. I was amazed at the accuracy. This thing could identify a nickel or a quarter 12" down in hard pack without fail. It would tell you what it was, and how deep it was going to be.

Froggystyle
01-08-2007, 09:33 AM
My wedding ring was $28 at K-Mart. No shit. We bought it on a post-Valentines day sale, and I have had it since.
I never wear a ring normally, but SEALs tend to put them on their watch bands so at least we have them. The last thing I ever wanted to do was sweat losing it if something happenned, so we did the easy/cheap version for me. I still have it, but if I ever lose it, I am about $40 and a trip to K-Mart away from replacing it. No blood... no foul.
:D

phebus
01-08-2007, 09:36 AM
My wedding ring was $28 at K-Mart. No shit. We bought it on a post-Valentines day sale, and I have had it since.
I never wear a ring normally, but SEALs tend to put them on their watch bands so at least we have them. The last thing I ever wanted to do was sweat losing it if something happenned, so we did the easy/cheap version for me. I still have it, but if I ever lose it, I am about $40 and a trip to K-Mart away from replacing it. No blood... no foul.
:D
And, if a Seal lost his ring in the sand, he would burrow through it like a gopher until he found it. :D

infotraker
01-08-2007, 09:42 AM
I'm not close to you, near Sacramento Ca. Good luck with the search. The cheap metal detectors are mostly for kids. Try the Radio Shack detector outside away from all metal objects with a ring or coin, put something over the top of it. Sand can cause the detector to act up (lots of erroneous noise) because of the salt. I'd help you if closer !