PDA

View Full Version : Toby how'd the truck turn out??

sigepmock
01-26-2006, 11:33 AM
So what did you end up doing and how'd it turn out?
Chris

TOBTEK
01-26-2006, 12:32 PM
to funny! just drove back from So-cal and sat down at my deck. seems at this point like its all better. Also seems to have more range from lock to lock on the steering wheel???? is this possible? the steering does fill much tighter, and there isnt any clunking or poping yet. As it turns out, the rattle/clunking noises from the rear end wasn't blown Bilstein shocks.....the rear U-bolts that hold the rear end to the springs were TOTALLY LOOSE! Ya think the other shop would have caught that :mad: So at this point it fills good.....now just need a good mobil detailer in SD. needs a good detail.

phebus
01-26-2006, 02:48 PM
now just need a good mobil detailer in SD. needs a good detail.
Getting ready to sell it huh? :rollside:

sigepmock
01-26-2006, 03:06 PM
to funny! just drove back from So-cal and sat down at my deck. seems at this point like its all better. Also seems to have more range from lock to lock on the steering wheel???? is this possible? the steering does fill much tighter, and there isnt any clunking or poping yet. As it turns out, the rattle/clunking noises from the rear end wasn't blown Bilstein shocks.....the rear U-bolts that hold the rear end to the springs were TOTALLY LOOSE! Ya think the other shop would have caught that :mad: So at this point it fills good.....now just need a good mobil detailer in SD. needs a good detail.
Glad it wasn't something major like the rear axle falling off...... :eek: j/k Should be good to go now. I here an LBZ calling you......
Chris

TOBTEK
01-27-2006, 09:17 AM
So, on the second day driving it now.....WHAT a difference! I have now learned to take Casey's advise....he told me from the get go to do the upper A-arms and the heim steering....but as allway's I cut corners only to cost me more $$$ and time down the road. The thing drives bitchen now, better then ever! Might actualy keep it now :)

BRSTQUEST
01-27-2006, 09:25 AM
My truck is doing the same thing. Sounds like the front end is going to fall off!!!!! I don't think it is the CST lift but damn it raddles alot. What exactly did you have done??? And what did it cost????

TOBTEK
01-27-2006, 09:41 AM
My truck is doing the same thing. Sounds like the front end is going to fall off!!!!! I don't think it is the CST lift but damn it raddles alot. What exactly did you have done??? And what did it cost????
I have learned that there are three problems that are VERY common with these GM trucks (thats why im getting a new ford in 07 :idea: ....if the TWIN TURBO's come out) The idler arm arm and pitman arm are not heim jointed(and the size of the steering compoents on a EZ-GO golfcart :rolleyes: ), with only bushings and ware out FAST! There is also a intermediate steering shaft that wares quickly as well (mine is OK) casy www.socalsupertruck.com added the CST upper ball jointed A-arm set and Heim joint steering kit. All I can say is the thing is way tighter then the day I bought it. WORTH all of the 2K for parts and Labor. Only wish So-Cal trucks wasnt a hour and a half each way from our house, but again worth the drive.